Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Literally A Person posted:

Am I to understand that b&r still exists and people post there??

:dafuq:

I dunno how, their mandatory security locked me out after like 3 months because mandatory 2fa for an internet forum lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
That furry forum must be fire 🔥

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

mandatory 2fa for an internet forum lol

Hahaha loving what

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

RFC2324 posted:

I dunno how, their mandatory security locked me out after like 3 months because mandatory 2fa for an internet forum lol

zesty lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It's basically a small hobby forum at this point with a few dozen extremely angry all the time people. Their policy on probes is ban+30 for first offense so I imagine it's more of a posting clique where everyone has to agree with the leadership.

All props to them if they fully decided to up and leave SA for good, whatever makes them happy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Leal posted:

Hahaha loving what

Yeah. I lost the code in a phone transfer, and there went any looking there because gently caress doing 2fa recovery for that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

yeah i recall there was a massive autogenerated code you needed to save in case you use another browser or computer to access b&r which, lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

This was led by Voidburger and Psychedelic Mushroom, though most of the LPs on the offsite were crossposted on SA. It also had a god awful interface that made it impossible to find everything, like imagine if every thread on SA was in one forum, and you had to click toggles on and off to see everything.

his name is Psychedelic Eyeball op

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Shortest Path posted:

Someone linked me this and it immediately reminded me of the goon who smelled awful from eating way too much cheese, has then been linked itt yet?

“How much cheese is too much cheese?”

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

RFC2324 posted:

lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

RFC2324 posted:

you're a yosposter you're supposed to LIKE this sort of thing

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

pentyne posted:

They made a big news post about how a lot of people had completely reasonable reasons to advocate for violence, but that they couldn't do it on BnR so instead please use BnR to organize where to talk about it offsite.

The Weather Undergoon

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Understandable, but long term those kinds of fabrications add up until consensus reality is totally divorced from actual reality, which makes it a pain in the rear end to find info about what actually happened. We end up with folks endlessly repeating that Grover became an inspector to approve his own work, or that the goon who shot a proud boy was primarily a CSPAM poster.

:sigh:

Yeah he signed off on his own plans. He didnt inspect it himself.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Where did the shooter primarily post if not cspam?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Tunicate posted:

Yeah he signed off on his own plans. He didnt inspect it himself.

I just got this double confused in another thread.

he made a joke (?) about getting certified to inspect but he did irl sign off as an engineer on his own plans, right?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lady Radia posted:

you're a yosposter you're supposed to LIKE this sort of thing

no, but mostly because authelia wants me to set up an LDAP server before I can really go overboard

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I really want to know what the "general furry discussion" forum is talking about, but not enough to register on B&R

Ban+30 on the first offense is also pretty crazy. Does every generic shitpost really cost 10 bucks? And how many parachutes do people have?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Someone here absolutely has an active account still...Do the needful.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I certainly hope they’re on fire

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 28, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kind lurker goon shared this with me. Seems like its dead. Not very interesting! Myth busted.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"for all of your awoo needs"

:whitewater:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Please draw My fursona in MS paint. It’s half 50 foot tall praying mantis, half wiener dog.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Antivehicular posted:

I really want to know what the "general furry discussion" forum is talking about, but not enough to register on B&R

Ban+30 on the first offense is also pretty crazy. Does every generic shitpost really cost 10 bucks? And how many parachutes do people have?

I think it requires a non free email account...? So once you're banned, that's it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait what? I’m sure as gently caress not using my work email to register for a sketchy Internet forum and who the hell pays for an email account in TYOL 2022?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

Where did the shooter primarily post if not cspam?
I have no idea what Blue Footed Booby is trying to say here. Doorknob Slobber posted nearly exclusively in the CSPAM covid thread.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Wait what? I’m sure as gently caress not using my work email to register for a sketchy Internet forum and who the hell pays for an email account in TYOL 2022?

i think they just mean it has to be one of the main e-mail providers or something

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's almost as dead as NMD. very sad

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I registered there during the yikesaroo and used a gmail account, according to my password manager

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Gmail is free last time I checked? Also super easy to register multiple gmail accounts.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

more falafel please posted:

I registered there during the yikesaroo and used a gmail account, according to my password manager

Ah, could be I was thinking of resetera that doesn't allow free email addresses.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

how is resetera anyway? the only goon consensus i think i've heard about it is that it's boring, which frankly is high praise in today's Internet

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

how is resetera anyway? the only goon consensus i think i've heard about it is that it's boring, which frankly is high praise in today's Internet

Very up its own rear end. There's alot of getting in trouble for going against the board consensus even if it's wack as hell. Very Echo chambery

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
:eyes:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Lady Radia posted:

You know those republicans who make up exaggerated liberal straw men to get mad at? Imagine if those all came to life and argued about video games.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't have anything against BnR in particular, but I don't trust it to be any more of a reliable safe space or have a more stable (both in a personal sense and semi-formal website leadership way) mod/admin team than SA. The sexpest drama blew up big here when things were still up in the air and in the TG chat thread of all places people were going "Man... what are we going to do?" Some posters suggested going to BnR and Queen Combat showed up to say she'd approve anyone for registration if they posted what account they registered under. Then some SA admin, I think Renee? advised maybe people should hold off because Tashi and Zyla had been accused of being sex pests.

A bunch of posters showed up to say that was a lie and SA's admin team were just jealous, which was an awful first reaction to have. Tashi had people come forward with confirmation of the sexcreep stuff. Zyla was cleared by some "private investigation" but that "Believe women, which means believe me" post had really bad energy about it. And apparently Queen Combat threatened an ex with a gun? The whole place just feels like a massive interpersonal drama whirlpool and at least it's possible not to get pulled into poo poo like that here.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

You know those republicans who make up exaggerated liberal straw men to get mad at? Imagine if those all came to life and argued about video games.

So....Games.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I like the Something Awful forums, personally

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Understandable, but long term those kinds of fabrications add up until consensus reality is that the goon who shot a proud boy was primarily a CSPAM poster.

:sigh:

Fuckin' :lol:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I remember when there was some drama on ResetEra and Jeffrey borrowed a goon's account and went there and posted about his experience with turbulent forum times and got the account banned. I forget what the exact context was but lol.

That said, I have a ResetEra account that I just don't use, in my short time posting there it was all very... nothing, I guess? It's better than reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

SA can be pretty bad at times, but all the other forums I've visited are worse.