Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

desantis was in bed with the spooks? looking forward to President desantis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Torpor posted:

desantis was in bed with the spooks? looking forward to President desantis

DeSantis is making Florida into Ukraine
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1534518355813597191?s=20&t=cdN99BtYyFgp3no_rINtHg
https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1545075167537381379?s=20&t=cdN99BtYyFgp3no_rINtHg

Speaking of Tesla
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1537140510267166724?s=20&t=cdN99BtYyFgp3no_rINtHg

Atrocious Joe has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Aug 25, 2022

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

proportionately, I suppose this is fair given that every other day of the year is victims of capitalism day

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

January 6 Survivor posted:

yeah no doubt the "book depository" company was critical of Kennedy lmao

lmao

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Tempora Mutantur posted:

proportionately, I suppose this is fair given that every other day of the year is victims of capitalism day

Still waiting for victims of 6 hour probations day

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

also in November is Chen Weihua’s birthday :hmmyes:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/lukeoneil47/status/1562940506962677761

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
finished the latest death is just around the corner an hour ago and have been cackling ever since about CIA/nazi war criminal involvement in every facet of my life, so if anyone here isn’t a subscriber you should really rectify that.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
mods please change my name to iggy farben tia and g*d bless

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
no

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
coward

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Going back to Franklin for a second... I read the girl's deposition, I understand she gave like, hours and hours of testimony when she was like 19 or so, about times when she was 14-17, is there corroboration for all of her movements and activities for that time aside from the other witness who hasn't recanted? Like does the banned movie go into the hard evidence or corroboration or was it all suppressed and destroyed?

I trust her and all, I'm just curious because it seems like that'd be easy enough to dredge up, she was flown around, driven around, and given various gifts and whatnot.

It seems insane to write off her story as a "hoax" by a disgruntled employee, the scope and size of that "hoax" is just nonsense

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Cabbages and Kings posted:

yea it doesn't make sense to me. From the replies in the original thread:

no idea if that's true, but, someone trying to use fucky metadata in GMaps to do something scammy or save money makes a lot more sense than a cabal using a super public data source.

Can't shake the star symbols being on every property though, as if to signal something about the occupants. Marking victims, perhaps?

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Elsewhere in that thread she's building a spreadsheet of which seller/source is distributing which editing variation, in effect also connecting the respondents' social media identities with their real life purchase details. Seems unwise

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

MLSM posted:

You’d think they would have whacked Whitney Webb by now, too

She'd make an excellent recruit. Has seemingly more knowledge than any one person ought to be able to find. Also was instrumental in getting the conspiracy crowd to fall in line behind the 2020 right wing narrative on COVID being empty hype with zero real-world consequences to concern oneself with.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MLSM posted:

You’d think they would have whacked Whitney Webb by now, too

least problematic fave

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ShooterLibby/status/1562285399761903616

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So wait, are Liberals at a stage where their position on the CIA smuggling coke is “yes they did it, but they didn’t know what the coke would do in America”?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

So wait, are Liberals at a stage where their position on the CIA smuggling coke is “yes they did it, but they didn’t know what the coke would do in America”?

from that highlighted quote it seems like the position is still "CIA smuggling drugs? Did they hire bigfoot to do it too, Mr. Jones?"

e: that's what I took away from the parenthesized "and there's no evidence by the way" bit anyway

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Nope, they're at "they didn't do it but if they did it then it was someone going rogue", which is basically the "defending cops" playbook but with drug trafficking instead of extrajudicial executions

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I think the argument is "well sure they ran coke but they just wanted the money"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Azathoth posted:

Nope, they're at "they didn't do it but if they did it then it was someone going rogue", which is basically the "defending cops" playbook but with drug trafficking instead of extrajudicial executions

Someone can conceivably shoot someone independently on their own initiative but a massive logistical operation that flowed two ways (and actually more since the arms were sourced from all over), liaising with the Contras, AUC and god knows who else, procuring aircraft, filing flight plans (or avoiding interception), at a certain point you have to realize that even a real go-getter couldn’t do all this without support, or failing that, people noticing.

I guess what trips me up is that I know what’s motivating their thinking around this, but there are right wing Paramilitaries in Latin America today that will corroborate at least the half of the operation that took place there. You can pop smoke and obfuscate whatever happened once the planes loaded with coke left for America, and that part we know much less about, I mean you can argue about the intentions, if racial bias was a factor, but the coke went somewhere and it was on a bigger scale than two guys in the office decided to pull off a score behind Uncle Sam’s back.

idk, the going rogue thing seems at odds with the liberal view of institutions as these big powerful things that exercise authority and people believe in. Think of all the institutions that would have to fail outright - from Civil Air Patrol, to the DEA, to whatever air defence command tracks flights over the Caribbean - for this to happen behind everyone’s back.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

idk, the going rogue thing seems at odds with the liberal view of institutions as these big powerful things that exercise authority and people believe in. Think of all the institutions that would have to fail outright - from Civil Air Patrol, to the DEA, to whatever air defence command tracks flights over the Caribbean - for this to happen behind everyone’s back.

well, that's exactly why it couldn't have happened.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zodium posted:

well, that's exactly why it couldn't have happened.

lol oh poo poo you’re right

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cops almost never do anything wrong but if they do something wrong it's not the fault of the system it's because they're a rogue actor and any punishment they receive is proof the system works. If they shot someone and other cops investigated it and found they did nothing wrong, they then definitely didn't do anything wrong because cops and the institutions are good and wouldn't cover for a bad cop. That so few cops are convicted of any wrongdoing is evidence therefore that the system is mostly good and most cops are good and needs no major overhauls except for some additional money for oversight.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Uh, no one isolate that and quote it out of context.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Azathoth posted:

Mods almost never do anything wrong but

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

one of the most busted individuals I have ever seen

my monitor is on

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
just reading the Jakarta method when it hit on something that’s always bugged me about the immigration discourse in the United States.

the discourse is shoe horned into two positions that seem to make sense but also, in some sense, deliberately mislead. in short, and very briefly, the arguments always focus on whether immigrants are good are bad.

when the truth is that the United States has brutalized Latin America for over a century and:

’’ posted:

In Guatemala, the civil war ended in 1996. The surviving people of Ilom were finally able to return home and reconstruct their tiny village. [….] The Mayans still wear the red skirts that Antonio’s mother was wearing the day she realized her neighbor had been burned alive. Villagers still farm corn, wake up early, and take horses through the trees to work the fields, and come home at sunset to sit and tell stories in Ixil and laugh. But to participate in the modern economy that has grown up around them, they also need money. For that, they send their teenage sons and daughters to the United States. Josefa’s son went in 2016, when he was seventeen. Everyone knows that if you go before you turn eighteen, it’s easier to get in the country and stay there. He has a construction job in Florida, where he learned pretty good Spanish. Having paid back his coyote, the man who smuggled him across the border, he can send money home. Ilom keeps sending more of its youth up north. This is not about love for the United States, or the American dream. They don’t want to go. They know who was responsible for the violence they’d suffered. “A lot of us, just really a lot of us, have gone to the United States,” said Antonio Caba Caba as he was showing me around Ilom. We walked by the plaza where he watched almost every man he knew get murdered for being some kind of a suspected communist. He said, “I guess it’s funny—well, maybe ‘funny’ isn’t the word—but we know who is responsible for the violence that destroyed this place. We know it was the United States that was behind it. But we keep sending our kids there, because they have nowhere else to go.”
quote starting on page 231.

it seems like the discourse is set up explicitly to block mentioning this part of reality.

the mainstream democrat and republican arguments over the undocumented/refugee/immigrant topic both dance around the truth to support -each in their own unique way- a status quo of grinding up laborers for maximum profit. the reality seems to be that the so-called divisive issue of immigrants in the United States in the current historical moment has been engineered to create an ample supply of vulnerable, helpless workers. I mean the wall, the lack of a wall, the concentration camps, drug wars, regular wars, gangs, jobs, money, uneven I-9 verification, lack of prosecution of employers, DACA, and if you want to be ultra-cynical even sanctuary cities. the whole thing seems like it’s set up as some kind of vast Rube Goldberg machine created to simultaneously attract and brutalize vulnerable, helpless people for profit.

it’s like somehow that oft quoted stanza about “give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free” is actually a threat, you know, or else.

but maybe I’m being too reductive or too cracked or pinged, maybe this book is just making me way too cynical, I can only read it in bits and pieces. :smithicide:

Torpor has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Aug 26, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I've made it through a lot of poo poo from the Epstein thread but lord help me I couldn't make it through Ilan Pappe's "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

no evidence lol. tell that to gary webb

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
I guess the word immigrant itself is deliberately misleading if the people are fleeing into the United Stares from somewhere in the Western Hemisphere, a better word would be “victim of the United States”.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Spergin Morlock posted:

no evidence lol. tell that to gary webb

Confused this for a second with Gary McKinnon who whether you believe him or not is doing hard time for seeing what he claims he saw

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Azathoth posted:

Uh, no one isolate that and quote it out of context.

:twisted:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/NOTSeanMcCarthy/status/1563943091513561092

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I still think Anthrax was the real false flag and when the CIA’s underlings did 9/11 using CIA funds and networks it hosed up their original plan for Anthrax and they had to improvise a bit.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what happened to the guy they were trying to pin the antrax attacks on? he performed the epstein special and committed suicide in prison right?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shear Modulus posted:

what happened to the guy they were trying to pin the antrax attacks on? he performed the epstein special and committed suicide in prison right?

Tylenol overdose

quote:

A summary of the police report of his death, released in 2009, lists the cause of death as liver and kidney failure, citing his purchase of two bottles of Tylenol PM (containing diphenhydramine), contradicting earlier reports of Tylenol with codeine.[54] His family declined to put him on the liver transplant list, and he was removed from life support.[54]

Corky Romanovsky has issued a correction as of 23:38 on Aug 28, 2022

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Tylenol overdose

Kinda suggests he didn't have access to anthrax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

That is an extremely painful way to die.