Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

Shouldn't headhunter still be up for the lancelot?

Nope, it's dead.

They have to survive the battle with 1 structure remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nope, it's dead.

They have to survive the battle with 1 structure remaining.

Oh I missed that it was dead, welp

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Good work, goons, we got our three major targets and spread some damage around on a few others. If I'm reading the objectives right, we just need two more kills.

I'm not sure what the best options are for next targets at the moment. I'm low on luck so probably can't take too much more fire, but I'm thinking of consolidating my lance around 1115-1518 and dumping on the Hitotsume Kumo since I managed to land 2 heat on it last round, and this probably gives me backup shots on the Dragon, too? The Vindicator might be able to support that fairly easily. My other option is just to keep pushing on the Panthers and cross my fingers but I don't like what 'Improved targeting short' could mean.

Open to any thoughts from the team or the thread here, I'm low on luck so I can maybe avoid a killshot but that's about it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

LeschNyhan posted:

Good work, goons, we got our three major targets and spread some damage around on a few others. If I'm reading the objectives right, we just need two more kills.

I'm not sure what the best options are for next targets at the moment. I'm low on luck so probably can't take too much more fire, but I'm thinking of consolidating my lance around 1115-1518 and dumping on the Hitotsume Kumo since I managed to land 2 heat on it last round, and this probably gives me backup shots on the Dragon, too? The Vindicator might be able to support that fairly easily. My other option is just to keep pushing on the Panthers and cross my fingers but I don't like what 'Improved targeting short' could mean.

Open to any thoughts from the team or the thread here, I'm low on luck so I can maybe avoid a killshot but that's about it.

Taking out the Baron would be an extra objective point

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

LeschNyhan posted:

Getting that backshot to work against the Mad Cat felt great! :black101:

As far as options go, you could jump both Jackalopes behind the Panthers (1606/1806). You'd have really good shots, and they wouldn't be able to return fire.

The Vindicator is at 2 heat, so they'll need to hold their fire to cool off this turn.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

LeschNyhan posted:

If I'm reading the objectives right, we just need two more kills.

Kill two 'Mechs from each lance, or completely kill one lance.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

you -might- be able to force a surrender if you bag the grand dragon,(by virtue of the catapult being crippled, that's basically killing the whole lance) but I don't think it'll be an easy feat to box the ace in.

There's 3 mechs in the area, but I don't think anyone else is fast enough to get the 4th hex of movement blocked off, and so the ace has an escape.

May want to think about the salvage in 1812 too, soon?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Orders are in!

Since the Black Knight cannot avoid the Archer, my plan is to kill it before it has a chance to fire. The Vindicator will take a well-deserved cooling off turn, and the Trebuchet will try to finish off the Owens.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Orders in. Thanks for the input folks, I forgot torso twist isn't a thing so I'm staying with my original plan of diving behind the Panthers with the Jackalopes, and fading out with my other two.

Coffee, FYI, I'm dropping the Firestarter in 2121 to protect it a little better. Ardlen, I took the Razorback to 1015, so let me know if that conflicts with your plan for the Vindicator and I can adjust.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Gang, things around here don't seem like they're going to be calming down any time soon for me, so as much as I hate to do it, I just don't feel like I have the attention span; I've got to bow out and ask PTN to find an alternate

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Gang, things around here don't seem like they're going to be calming down any time soon for me, so as much as I hate to do it, I just don't feel like I have the attention span; I've got to bow out and ask PTN to find an alternate

Unfortunately, real life must come before giant robots.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Hey, I'm thinking of submitting some one-time alternate orders just so the turn can get processed.

Does anyone mind? (if another player wants to do double duty, or an alternate's called up, please feel free! Just stepping up because nobody else seems to have expressed interest)

I'm still getting a read of the map, but if nobody minds, then Basic newbie questions:
What are the ranges for Alpha Strikes short/medium/long?
Are L1 buildings something that can be shot over, but l2 cannot?

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 31, 2022

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

TheParadigm posted:

I'm still getting a read of the map, but if nobody minds, then Basic newbie questions:
What are the ranges for Alpha Strikes short/medium/long?
Are L1 buildings something that can be shot over, but l2 cannot?
Ranges are 3/12/24.
'Mechs are 2 hexes high, so they can shoot over a one height difference (like L1 buildings when standing at level 0), but are indeed blocked by taller buildings or terrain.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Yeah I got no problem with emergency orders if PTN doesn't.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

Hey, I'm thinking of submitting some one-time alternate orders just so the turn can get processed.

Please do, I haven't had any time to organize. :(

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ardlen posted:

Ranges are 3/12/24.
'Mechs are 2 hexes high, so they can shoot over a one height difference (like L1 buildings when standing at level 0), but are indeed blocked by taller buildings or terrain.

Thanks!
3 inches, not 6, for short? So tha means a hex is basically 2 inches in alpha strike parlance?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Please do, I haven't had any time to organize. :(

Thumbs up, will do!

I think my loose plan right now is to jump on the semi-dinged up archer archer in 1522 unless anyone else has a better suggestion?

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Do it, anything that might draw fire from Ardlen and I is welcome, you've got the heathiest lance.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

TheParadigm posted:

3 inches, not 6, for short? So tha means a hex is basically 2 inches in alpha strike parlance?
Yes, exactly.

TheParadigm posted:

I think my loose plan right now is to jump on the semi-dinged up archer archer in 1522 unless anyone else has a better suggestion?
Sure. I'm shooting it too, so you might want to put in a contingency target in case we get lucky!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Okay. last quick question: do I need to worry about jumping on big buildings (the height 8/9 ones; i remember basements are dumb and stuff), and/or are the height 1 buildings something you can walk over? (if so is it just +1 move cost per hex like water is?)

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

TheParadigm posted:

Okay. last quick question: do I need to worry about jumping on big buildings (the height 8/9 ones; i remember basements are dumb and stuff), and/or are the height 1 buildings something you can walk over? (if so is it just +1 move cost per hex like water is?)
I don't know how much weight the big buildings can hold, but you'd need a mech with jump 8 to do it, so no need to worry about that since your lance maxes out at jump 6. We did learn that jumping on the small buildings immediately collapses them doing 0* damage (I think that means roll 1d6 and take damage on a 6?), but no other consequences or basements to worry about.

I know the big buildings are +3 move cost, but no one has tried to walk through the small ones yet. My guess would be +1 for light buildings and +2 for medium buildings, since that's what it is in standard BattleTech.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Okay. Here's the emergency stand-in orders! If there's any movement conflict please say so
--

Movement
Preta: Jump (4?) to 2221 facing 2121
Excalibur move 5 to to 2123 facing 2022
Kheper move 5 to to 2327 facing 2226
Shadow Hawk move 5 to 2424 facing 2324

Shooting

Shadowhawk primary: Damaged archer in 1522
Shawk Contingencies: Baron Ace > any valid target

Kheper Primary: Damaged archer in 1522, please!
Kheper Contingencies: archer in 2218 > Baron ace > Owens in 0829 > Catapult in 1021 > any valid target

Preta Primary: damaged Archer in 1522
Preta Contingencies: archer in 2218 > Ownens in 0829 Baron ace > any valid target

Excalibur primary: Damaged archer in 1522
Excalibur contingencies: Undamaged archer in 2218 > Catapult in 1021 > Baron Ace > any valid target
--
in conclusion, speed demon is a great spa, I found myself wishing I had just one more movement way to much this move.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Maybe leave the Catapult alone, we’ve been keeping it alive for one of the bonus objectives and it’s hiding from us mostly.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Good call, I'll edit it

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Galatea 2-9 Galatean Games (Champion Crush)

A half-dozen flares launched from hidden tubes stained the skies with a harsh red light. Indiana twisted his Jackalope’s torso away from the Panther he’d just finished eviscerating, tracking first one flare and then another. The suddenness of it made him nervous, and his hands tightened on the Jackalope’s controls as he prepared to bolt.

“End hostilities,” Raniya commanded; her signal boosted by the battleground’s network. “Takeshi Gundan has surrendered. All units cease fire and return for repairs and debriefing.”

Movement
Firestarter
- Bogs down in hex 2015!
Black Knight
- [Combat Intuition] Attacks Archer #1 with Overheat 1 (4 skill + 2 range + 1 TMM = 7): rolled 12, hit! 0/7 armor, 3/4 structure remaining!
- - Critical hit! rolled 10, fire control hit!
Stormwolf Prime
- [Combat Intuition] Attacks Archer #1 (3 skill + 0 range + 1 tmm + 1 blood stalker = 5): rolled 7, hit! 0/4 structure remaining! ’Mech destroyed! Enemy Command Lance loses cohesion!

Players
Command Lance
Black Knight
- n/a
- Gains 2 heat!
Stormwolf Prime
- n/a
Vindicator
- Holds fire!
- Sinks 2 heat!
Trebuchet
- Physically Attacks Owens (4 skill + 4 tmm = 8): rolled 7, missed!

Medium Battle Lance
Excalibur
- Primary target already destroyed!
- Attacks Archer #2 (3 skill + 2 range + 1 tmm = 6): rolled 8, hit! 2/7 armor remaining!
Shadow Hawk
- No line of sight to secondary target!
Preta Caelestis
- Attacks Archer #2 ([3] skill + 0 range + 1 tmm = 4): rolled 10, hit! 0/7 armor, 3/4 structure remaining!
- Critical hit! Rolls 8, weapon hit!
Kheper
- Attacks Archer #2 (4 skill + 2 range + 1 tmm = 7): rolled 8, hit! 0/4 structure remaining! ’Mech destroyed!

Light Battle Lance
Jackalope #1
- Attacks Panther #2 (3 skill + 0 range + 0 tmm + 1 woods = 4): rolled 6, hit! 1/4 armor remaining!
Jackalope #2
- Attacks Panther #2 (4 skill + 0 range + 0 tmm + 1 woods = 5): rolled 7, hit! Rear attack does +1 damage! 0/4 armor, 0/3 structure remaining! ’Mech destroyed! Primary objective complete!
Firestarter
- Secondary target not in Line of Sight!
Razorback
- Attacks Hitotsume-Kozo (3 skill + 2 range + 2 jumping tmm = 7): rolled 8, hit!
- - Lance Lucky forces reroll: rolled 9, hit! 3/8 armor remaining!

OpForce
Medium Battle Lance
Hitotsume Kozo
- Attacks Razorback (4 skill + 2 range + [3] TMM + 2 heat = 11): rolled 11, hit! 0/4 armor, 1/2 structure remaining!
- Critical hit! Rolled 5, no critical damage sustained!
Panther #1
- Attacks Preta (3 skill + [2] range (sniper) + [3] jumping tmm - 1 stationary = 7): rolled 3, missed!
Panther #2
- Attacks Preta (4 skill + [2] range (sniper) + [3] jumping tmm - 1 stationary = 8): rolled 5, missed!

Grand Dragon (ACE!)
- Attacks Jackalope #1 (3 skill + 0 range + [4] jumping tmm = 7): rolled 5, missed!
Catapult
- Holds fire!

Owens
- Attacks Black Knight with TAG (4 skill + 2 range + 1 tmm = 7): rolled 5, missed!
- Attacks Black Knight with TSEMP (4 skill + 2 range + 1 tmm = 7): rolled 6, missed!
Archer #2
- Attacks Preta (4 skill + 0 range + 3 jumping tmm = 7): rolled 4, missed!

Objectives
Primary Objective(s)
- Completely destroy one enemy lance (3/4)
OR
- Drive the enemy from the field (complete!)

Bonus Objective(s)
- 100 to 0: Completely Destroy a Single ‘Mech in One Turn (complete!)
- Multikill: Destroy more than two enemy ‘Mechs in the same turn (complete!)
- Critical Mess: Score critical hits on two different ‘Mechs in the same turn (complete!)
- Shared Fate: Destroy a single ‘Mech from each enemy lance (complete!)
- May Day: Destroy the Red Baron’s Grand Dragon (0/1)
- Headhunter: Cripple, but do not kill one enemy ‘Mech (complete!)
- Even Trade: Take down an enemy ‘Mech in the same turn you lose a ‘Mech (0/1)
- Precision Execution: Destroy more than two enemy ‘Mechs in the same turn (complete!)

Player Status:

Ally Status:
[n/a]

OpForce Status:

Salvage Acquired
Battlefield: 7
Field: 2
Potential Salvage Catalogue Entry: FEC-1CM Fennec, Mad Cat III, LN25-09 Lancelot, GHR-8K Grasshopper, PNT-14R Panther, ARC-9R Archer, 2x Random Salvage chance

After-Action Report: Woo, the dice really turned against me at the end there! Takeshi Gundan has been rolling like garbage all match, but they still put on a decent amount of pressure. Thanks to our alternates for taking over, and to The Paradigm for stepping in at the last second!

The company gains 1 barter for each successful secondary objective (6 barter gained), and successfully headhunts Popcorn from Takeshi Gundan.

Per the contract: the players are allowed to keep 4 pieces of battlefield salvage, with the remaining 3 being returned to the original owner. As this is a 50/50 exclusive, the OpForce doesn’t get to pick which salvage they recover, so I will be flipping a coin for each piece of salvage until the OpForce has three. Don’t worry, the list won’t loop until all salvage is tried:

1st flip: Heads (OpForce keeps heads)
FEC-1CM Fennec – heads (kept by OpForce)
Mad Cat III - tails
LN25-09 Lancelot – heads (kept by OpForce)
GHR-8K Grasshopper - tails
PNT-14R Panther – heads (kept by OpForce)
ARC-9R Archer – no flip needed
ARC-9R Archer – no flip needed

Final salvage:
Battlefield: 4
Field: 2
New Salvage Catalogue Entries: Mad Cat III, GHR-8K Grasshopper, ARC-9R Archer, 2x Random Salvage

Field Salvage has a 50% chance to convert into a random ‘Mech for the salvage catalogue: rolled 2 (failed), rolled 6 (success)!
- Random ‘Mech: rolled 4 (Inner Sphere), rolled 3 (Heavy), EXT-7X Exterminator

Warrior Diagnostics
BL-18-KNT Black Knight (light critical damage) – (4 skill - 2 BattleMech + 2 armor stripped + 1 light structure damage = 5): rolled 5, warrior unharmed!
TRB-7M Trebuchet (heavy armor damage) – (4 skill - 2 BattleMech + 1 heavy armor damage = 3): rolled 6, warrior unharmed!
C-PRT-OS Preta Caelestis (light armor damage) – (4 skill - 2 BattleMech = 2): automatic success!
FS9-M2 Firestarter (armor stripped) – (4 skill - 2 BattleMech + 2 armor stripped = 4): rolled 4, warrior unharmed!
Razorback (light critical damage) – (3 skill - 2 BattleMech + 2 armor stripped + 1 heavy critical damage = 4): rolled 12, warrior unharmed!
Alexander “Drake” Drake – rolls 4, recovers from his injuries!

Every lance needs an MVP
Command Lance MVP
Medium Battle Lance MVP
Light Battle Lance MVP

PTN’s Advice Corner
Some things to keep in mind for the next downtime: the Black Knight and Razorback both have critical damage, and while the Razorback can probably be left alone you may want to consider spending a point of salvage getting the Black Knight working again otherwise you’ll be without it for the next two fights.

You also just improved local opinion, so now would be a good time to negotiate for better contracts, recruit warriors, or hire staff. Alternatively, you could risk combat drills again and while chances are you’ll be fine if you do, if you go that route you’ll probably need to be sure to hire a minimum of five more Mechwarriors to avoid a future forced rest. We’re not ready to prep plans yet, but I’ll get the downtime written ASAP!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 1, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That's a heck of a victory

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Good job goons! Whoever was responsible for crafting my lance, thank you very much. The Jackalopes are utter terrors and the ability to drop 6+ damage into back sides all over the place seems ludicrous. Had to hold my breath on the Razorback at the end there, but they all came through.

I’m giving my lance MVP to Jackalope #2, since I can only give it to one half of the pair, for consistently landing finishing shots.

For the other two lances…. I’m thinking the Black Knight for tanking like a beast and contributing hugely to some of the key kills on that side. And I think the Khepr for finishing the Lancelot and the Archer.

LeschNyhan fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 1, 2022

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I say we salvage the Mad Cat III. Just because it has the Bad Reputation quirk to go along with our two Wobbie and one I Can't Believe It's Not Wobbie 'Mech.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
There are some monstrous Mad Cat IIIs, but the best one is an experimental model that requires the Sea Foxes to be present (and on good terms) or a special Chief Tech with an ability that lets you upgrade to experimental units.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

In regards to our field salvage, the Exterminator does appear to have two variants with C3I (5E and 5F) since people expressed interest in that, as well having better movement modifier and an actual structure value (at the cost of some damage, sadly). Probably still want to hold off on purchases/rebuilds and try and get a full rotation of warriors this downtime, but might be worth keeping in mind.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Wow, okay, that's a finish. The funniest thing is, I had the edit open in another tab, forgot to hit send, and ptn just went and the die did their thang all over the place. I'm glad

my vote for "my" lance/lance 3 is to just forgoe mvp and give an extra one to the vindicator.(or someone else in lance 2) I feel every other lance carried twice their weight. The balls to overheat on 9's and the reroll :discourse:

I'm fuckin' ecstatic about scoring two archers though. There's some really neat ones in the variant list (and hopefully . Battlefists and command mech traits are both good. I'm more shocked that we got both!

Popcorn is a pleasant surprise too! He came with 5 xp? Give that millenial a raise - Someone was holding em back! Our first assault mech pilot, too.

LeschNyhan posted:

Good job goons! Whoever was responsible for crafting my lance, thank you very much. The Jackalopes are utter terrors and the ability to drop 6+ damage into back sides all over the place seems ludicrous. Had to hold my breath on the Razorback at the end there, but they all came through.

That was me! The razorback was definitely the odd mech out of that group when putting it together, haha! And.. hopefully we'll be able to get the third jackalope repaired soon. :ssh:

It was a little nervewracking to put the preta there, and I was hoping Taboo wouldn't eat a ton of poo poo after he just got his character unlock/story arc...so I'm glad the panthers missed their shots, too!

Since its time for post-mission comeuppance, ptn, what were some of the funnest options we could have headhunted - and if we recruit, will we be seeing some of the mechless survivors as potential hires, maybe?

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 1, 2022

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

Popcorn is a pleasant surprise too! He came with 5 xp? Give that millenial a raise - Someone was holding em back! Our first assault mech pilot, too.

The Headhunter objective was a guaranteed hire in either mission; but you traded half your salvage to fight veterans so it was a guaranteed amazing pick-up whether you got someone with SPAs or not.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

That went much better than I expected - I kept thinking that I'd lose the Black Knight for certain!

I really liked having multiple 'Mechs to pilot, it let me use the Vindicator to deny the OpForce the left flank and maneuver to get that :kiss: backshot on the Mad Cat, without feeling like I was missing out by not firing every turn.

On the other hand, Combat Intuition is a top-tier ability. Getting to wipe out the Fennec and the Archer before they fired really helped keep our 'Mechs alive.

Really fun, thanks PTN!

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Yeah the multiple mechs per pilot system really seems to help with giving the team a minimum of cohesion in every match.
It also helps keep the players entertained each round since its a lot easier to think long term when that doesn't result in 2 weeks of not getting to shoot.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Downtime 3 – 1
For successful completion of the contract, the company gains 1 barter for each completed bonus objective (6 barter)!
DropShip Status Rolled 4, the DropShip returns this non-combat turn!
Dropship Cargo 2 barter generated
Sudhir Muratovic generates 0 barter collecting insurance for injured warriors
Upkeep (31 - 7 = 24 barter remaining)

“We’re starting to see some real offers come in,” Habib Chong seemed pleased. It had been slim enough pickings when they’d first arrived—nobody wanted to risk an untested unit, and even the Galatean Games hadn’t been willing to offer any remuneration for repairs.

“The Takeshi Gundan Battalion has a reputation for newbie stomping,” Raniya pointed out. “Nobody expected us to walk away from that with a victory. Hell, nobody expected us to walk away from that intact—they were expecting us to get creamed and break up so the bigger mercs could hire our better warriors at poverty rates.

Shahrazad was only barely listening, the Bought and Paid For had only been on the tarmac for half an hour. She still had unloading to coordinate, new loads of cargo to arrange, and payroll to deal with—on top of a company of mercenaries to herd. “Keep fishing,” she ordered. “Let me know when you’ve got something more concrete. Raniya—you know what jobs to automatically pass on. Try to narrow our choices down to a few strong offers.”

“Roger,” Raniya grinned. “C’mon, Habib. You heard the lady, let the boss work.”

Local Conditions
Galatea VI, the Mercenary’s Star

Controlling Polity: Galatean League
Local Authority Opinion: Cautiously Optimistic (Word of Blake Units)
Conversion Rate: 1s:5b
Contract Quality: Very Good
Warrior Availability: Good
Shop Availability:
Available BattleMechs:

BH-K305 Battle Hawk (Size 1 Striker)[12b], GST-10 Ghost (Size 2 Sniper)[24b], STN-3L Sentinel (size 2 Striker)[12b], GRF-3N Griffin (Size 2 Sniper)[17b], ARC-5S Archer (Size 3 Missile Boat)[19b], JHK-03 Jade Hawk (Size 3 Skirmisher) [24b], MAL-XT Malice (Size 4 Juggernaut, good reputation) [43b]
Available Vehicles:
Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Size 2 Striker, Hover)[14b], Fulcrum Hover Tank II (Size 2 Striker, Hover)[24b], Glaive Medium Tank (Size 2 Sniper, Wheeled)[11b], Maxim Mk II Transport (Size 2 Striker, Hover)[13b], Saxon APC (Size 1 Scout, Hover)[13b], Manticore II Heavy Tank (Size 3 Brawler, Tracked)[16b], DI Morgan Assault Tank (Size 4 Sniper, Tracked)[17b], DI Schmitt Tank (Size 4 Juggernaut, Wheeled)[18b], Gürteltier MBT (Size 4 Sniper, Tracked)[28b]
Available BattleArmor:
Gray Death Scout Squad (Size 1 Scout)[7b], Gray Death Standard [SRM] (Size 1 Ambusher)[7b], Gray Death Heavy (Size 1 Scout)[6b]
Available AeroSpace Fighters:
SYD-Z Seydlitz (Size 1 Interceptor)[10b], LCR-3 Lucifer III (Size 2 Attack)[19b], CHP-W7 Chippewa (Size 3 Attack)[18b]

Random Event(s)
“Hey, you’re with Hayard-Gunnes, right?”

Irene’s hand slipped towards her pistol as Frontline turned towards the speaker to cover the motion. The pair had been approached in the ‘Mechbay by a balding man in a disheveled brown suit. He tugged at the neckline of his unbuttoned mostly-white dress shirt like it was cutting off circulation. Irene thought he looked a bit like a down-on-his-luck private investigator from a trashy holovid; or a producer of budget pornography. Irene clamped her mouth shut and slipped her pistol into the pocket of her hoodie. She stepped out from behind Frontline and kept it leveled at the stranger. At least he didn’t look armed.

“I’m J.V. Flanagan, MechFight Producer. I’m sure you’ve heard of me! Your brass keeps stone-walling me,” the man continued. “I just want a meeting—the way you manhandled Takeshi’s Kuritan Goons,” he kissed his fingertips and flung them skyward with an overdramatic, “Mwah. Priceless. Hot, hot stuff—you’re all hot stuff. Real-deal ‘Mech fighters. And people? People want to see more of you.”

“I wanna embed one of my cameras in your unit. You take ‘em on your next mission and win big; and we all make bank after. It’s win-win for all of us and I’ll even pay you two a finder’s fee for helping me out. Under the table, of course—not tax deductible. Whadda you say? You’re in, right? Right.”

Without waiting for either of them to respond, JV pulled out a business card so quickly Irene nearly shot him and forced it into Frontline’s hand. ““Pass this to your bosses. Tell ‘em to call me. I’m sure we can make a deal.”

Random Event Vote
- “gently caress off, weirdo.” [??? happens, Local Reputation Penalty]
- “I don’t think they’ll accept a camera man, but we might be willing to share a ROM from our last battle.” [Gain 1d6 barter immediately]
- “They might go for it, we’ll let them know.” [Gain extra barter after successfully completing your next mission, additional results]
Vote

Action Plan Template
Major Downtime Action
- Negotiate for better mercenary contracts.
- Bargain Hunt to shop for BattleMechs, Vehicles, AeroSpace Fighters, and Infantry from local sources at discount prices!
- Recruit additional Mechwarriors, Vehicle Commanders, Pilots, and Team Leaders.
- Hire additional command staff.
- Gossip about off-world news to find planets that are likely to have valuable mercenary contracts.
- Travel to a new planet.
- Logistics Support to reduce the company’s upkeep cost.
- Scavenge and Trade for additional barter, unit purchases at reduced rates, or potentially even random salvage, at the cost of randomly exhausting some warriors. (This is functionally identical to bargain hunting and a DropShip cargo run)
- Company Overhaul to perform emergency repairs at the cost of randomly exhausting some warriors. (This is functionally identical to spending salvage on all of your damaged ‘mechs, without requiring a salvage expenditure)
- Combat Drills to show off to the locals, making better mercenary contracts available and recruiting additional warriors and Command Staff at the cost of randomly exhausting some warriors. (This is functionally identical to performing the Negotiate, Recruit, and Hire actions).
- Company R&R to take a second downtime immediately.
- Lay Low to avoid attention, staving off reprisals from the local authority.

Units and Warriors reserved for Combat
Lance 1
- Unit 1:
- Warrior:
- Unit 2:
- Warrior:
- Unit 3:
- Warrior:
- Unit 4:
- Warrior:

Lance 2
- Unit 1:
- Warrior:
- Unit 2:
- Warrior:
- Unit 3:
- Warrior:
- Unit 4:
- Warrior:

Lance 3
- Unit 1:
- Warrior:
- Unit 2:
- Warrior:
- Unit 3:
- Warrior:
- Unit 4:
- Warrior:

Warriors Training
-

Unassigned Warriors
-

Fired Staff
-

Experience Expenditures
-

Repairs, Rebuilds, and Upgrades
-

Buying New Units
-

Selling Salvage or ‘Mechs
-

PTN’s Things To Consider You’re doing alright on barter, but you’re a little short on salvage for any major work. The Black Knight is a linchpin unit and is in desperate need for repairs. Fortunately, expending one salvage gets it back up to speed. It would be expensive, but now that you have an Assault ‘Mech pilot, you could rebuild the Malice or even purchase a JHK-03 Jade Hawk, a powerful heavy skirmisher with some extremely dangerous upgrade options. You could also save your barter, since the Sea Foxes should be arriving… soon. Popcorn also has a whopping 5 xp to spend, or save for a rainy day.

You’ve also picked up a couple of interesting salvage options in the glass cannon Mad Cat III, the slightly more fragile but extremely defensive Republic of the Sphere-model Exterminator, and the Grasshopper.
- The Mad Cat III’s best variant is an experimental which means it’s not currently available but even without access to the Mad Cat III X it’s a zippy little powerhouse that would be a nice addition for any lance.
- The EXT-7X Exterminator is a highly specialized ambusher that’s really best served popping out of cover from an angle it can’t take return fire from, murdering something with an overheat attack, and getting back into cover to cool down on the next turn. Thanks to its stealth armor, it’s almost impossible to engage this model at long range and a real pain to attack it at even medium range.
- The GHR-8K Grasshopper is just as durable as your Black Knight, and has a fairly powerful upgrade option that doesn’t sacrifice durability in any way and would be a good addition to a standard C3 lance. Unfortunately your current C3 ‘Mechs all use C3i, which isn’t compatible.

The company could probably really use a Chief Technician or Chief Salvager, alternatively a Cargomaster could help make the DropShip’s runs more profitable. Hiring staff alone is a bit of a gacha; but you probably have enough warriors to risk running some Combat Drills to boost your contracts payouts and ‘strip mine’ Galatea for good staff.

Lastly, I’ve decided that making purchasing things require an entire action is unfair. You can now purchase units as part of normal operations or you can Bargain Hunt for units at reduced prices. Reduced by how much? 1d3, unless you hire a skilled Logistics Officer! Just be careful, the ability to impulse buy can be addictive.

The Company Ledger has been updated.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
There Word of Blake Units in Galatea VI?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

ChaosDragon posted:

There Word of Blake Units in Galatea VI?

The company's reputation is compromised because they're fielding a Preta, and a unit that is very clearly a I Can't Believe It's Not A Celestial designed and deployed by the Republic when the Capellans started kicking their asses in earnest.

Word of Blake units are fairly taboo and anyone fielding them kinda makes people nervous.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Celestials were designed to be terrifying and iconic to a toxic and genocidal ideology that oppressed large swathes of the Inner Sphere in living memory. Even though they're drat good mechs, the team chose to take the hit of being associated with the WoB by fielding one, and also a Kheper.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Think about it like a Hitler mustache, nobody really cares what excuse you make for having one or if you want to insist that actually what you have is a Charlie Chaplin mustache

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That camera option on the next mission seems like it could piss off an employer depending on the contract. Even an arena fight might piss off the games organisers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'd say now is a good time for combat drills whilst we patch up our key mechs.