Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I didn't watch it so someone else can verify, but it sounds like they said that police let Dexter go because Miz refused to press charges after he was kidnapped last week. And then later in the night they did a "where to, Stephanie" moment implying that Dexter just kidnapped Miz again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1564426378954645507

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1564430200812802048?s=20&t=WACDO9qWx2kQ31rizpUBjQ

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1564440264424525827?s=20&t=WACDO9qWx2kQ31rizpUBjQ

Dexter is good

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 30, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

That is a spectacular visual gag.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'm not praising the Lumis stuff until he menacingly draws a boardwalk caricature of Miz.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Triple H after the Raquel push led to the death of NXT:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There was also a gag that during Miz's match Lumis was in the stands with spotlights on him and the crowd reacting that they somehow tried to play as only Miz seeing him? It was weird.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Triple H after the Raquel push led to the death of NXT:

fans hearing Triple H is taking over the main roster: "aw hell yeah he's gonna make it like when he was running NXT"

fans watching Karrion Kross pushed into the main event and Raquel holding a championship: "now hold on a second"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Wrestling has almost always operated on the idea that wrestlers don't ever actually watch the show unless they're doing it in the back. Yeah it's dumb but whatever

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Oh no. It's Ultimate Warrior in the mirror poo poo. That's not fun. It's just stupid and confusing.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tampa Bae posted:

Dexter is good

he's great

raquel was death in nxt she's death on the main roster

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So it's Dexter vs Miz currently.

Will we see Maryse vs Indi Hartwell next?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

Oh no. It's Ultimate Warrior in the mirror poo poo. That's not fun. It's just stupid and confusing.

Pretty fun to me. What’s confusing you

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pinche Rudo posted:

Makes your ref look really loving dumb when they count the pin on the non-legal person

An extremely realistic thing if you watch any sports, because referees are very dumb

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's probably about time to have Lumis take the belts off Roman. Only in Sam Shaw will HHH WWE return to glory.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I thought WWE was good now?

:rubby:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
if WWE wants me to care about seth/riddle worked shoot then seth should make a reference to the CD-R labels

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
What Seth should’ve said:

https://youtu.be/dagqT0DSYcg

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
SRS on the Fightful review for RAW mentioned that he hasn't heard either way (but is going to try and find out) about the match finish last night, but wouldn't be shocked if it was a botched finish. Him and Denise did outright say that WWE pretty much has no choice to acknowledge the tainted finish now (if it was indeed a botched finish), and to figure out where to go from there.

Like...it's not hard to believe its a botched finish because Aliyah is in fact, bad enough to make dumb mistakes like that. And also because like I mentioned earlier, now WWE has the problem of "Heels with Legitimate Grievances". Which puts a giant asterisk next to Raquel and Aliyah's reign.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 30, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why are people blaming the ref, Aliyah is the one who literally rolled up the wrong person.

If you're starting from the objective of giving Raquel a big push and making her a star, shouldn't you find her a partner that can, like. Wrestle?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

Why are people blaming the ref, Aliyah is the one who literally rolled up the wrong person.

If you're starting from the objective of giving Raquel a big push and making her a star, shouldn't you find her a partner that can, like. Wrestle?

Because the referee should keep track of who the legal man is & not count a pinfall that isn't legal.

It's one of those classic stories where there is plenty of blame to go around really.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

who cares , Sasha and Naomi will take those belts back in like a month

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sasha and Naomi will be back any minute now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The finish wasn't a botch. It was just dumb.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Sasha and Naomi will be back any minute now.

Yep, their names went back on the roster pages.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Aliyah went into business for herself, Riddle and Seth are brawling in the parking lot before the show and shooting in promos, police and security can't stop Dexter Lumis from terrorizing Miz. WWE in shambles tbh. I give it a month before a mass exodus to AEW and the company folds.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eh, wasn’t really a big deal. All 4 women are still basically fresh out of NXT so mistakes will happen. I think Aaliyah and Raquel could have an interesting reign before dropping to Naomi and Sasha

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Codependent Poster posted:

The finish wasn't a botch. It was just dumb.

I mean if that's the case, it really does show that WWE never learns from its mistakes. They hosed up at Summerslam with Liv and now her babyface run is basically dead in the water. No reason to believe Aliyah and Raquel won't meet the same fate.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s gonna be an extremely short transitional reign that nobody will remember in a week

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

reign that nobody will remember in a week

That’s every women’s tag reign.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I don't get Raquel's whole "look at my back" thing; yeah, she's got a muscular back but it's like the third most muscular back in the division (1. Bianca, 2. Charlotte). At least get an enormous tat or something

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

D.N. Nation posted:

I don't get Raquel's whole "look at my back" thing; yeah, she's got a muscular back but it's like the third most muscular back in the division (1. Bianca, 2. Charlotte). At least get an enormous tat or something

I've got an idea

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Jiro posted:

Raquel sucks, is a CHUD and is from my hometown area. Just poo poo all around. Also her ring gear makes her look a little like Tamina.

You figured someone in her position would at least scrub her social media accounts. It's easy to find out if someone's a chud or not these days. Since she seems extremely proud of that she's a chud, it makes her extremely unlikeable.

I think 90% of the reaction to her and Aliyah winning last night was very negative.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 30, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked the Dexter stuff except the crowd shot. The hallway gag and in the car are my kinda wrestling dumb

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Isnt the UK PPV on like Saturday? Maybe Raquel and Aliyah will do like an open challenge and lose to Sasha and Naomi or Nia Jax and Lana or whoever HHH is scooping back up for 40 cents on the dollar

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The hallway thing is legitimately good wrestling shenanigans anyone who hates it is objectively wrong

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

Isnt the UK PPV on like Saturday? Maybe Raquel and Aliyah will do like an open challenge and lose to Sasha and Naomi or Nia Jax and Lana or whoever HHH is scooping back up for 40 cents on the dollar

Yes, the UK PPV is on Saturday, and no I doubt they will be a part of the PPV. It's funny as hell though that WWE hasn't acknowledged that Aliyah pinned the wrong woman. Which is why I think the finish was botched and they are trying to cover it up. But like SRS said, it's too late for that, WWE absolutely needs to acknowledge this, because despite being heels, Damage CTRL got hosed over, intentional or not.

Armitage posted:

You figured someone in her position would at least scrub her social media accounts. It's easy to find out if someone's a chud or not these days. Since she seems extremely proud of that she's a chud, it makes her extremely unlikeable.

I think 90% of the reaction to her and Aliyah winning last night was very negative.

I mean look at some of Triple H's recent hires. Karrion Kross, Scarlett, and Road Dogg. It's not hard to believe that he doesn't give a poo poo about the optics of those people getting pushed or being put back into positions of power. Raquel, Braun, Kross, Scarlett, and Dogg are all huge MAGA people, if not full on Q-Anon believers.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I've got an idea

She's a chud so this tattoo is perfect

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean look at some of Triple H's recent hires. Karrion Kross, Scarlett, and Road Dogg. It's not hard to believe that he doesn't give a poo poo about the optics of those people getting pushed or being put back into positions of power. Raquel, Braun, Kross, Scarlett, and Dogg are all huge MAGA people, if not full on Q-Anon believers.

Its also not hard to believe he does care and is specifically paying and surrounding himself with all his fave comfort psychos.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

DarkstarIV posted:

Wouldn't be all that shocking if Wuertz is quietly rehired at some point. I still think it's inevitable he gets rehired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Armitage posted:

Wouldn't be all that shocking if Wuertz is quietly rehired at some point.

Wuertz might actually be gone considering he went on a huge rant about how the McMahons are secretly communists working for George Soros. And how they caved to cancel culture. And how he refuses to work for a company that "promotes cancel culture".