Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

ashpanash posted:

"Scarlet Johanson sued us because we released her movie in a way that wasn't guaranteed to make her $50 million. And she basically won."

Oh man they were so scummy with how they treated her and Emma Stone -- claiming that they should appreciate the exposure Disney was providing them. loving whaaat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

swickles posted:

Glenn Close, Cate Blanchett, Robert Redford, Anthony Hopkins, Matt Damon (in multiple very minor cameos), Angela Bassett, Michael Douglas, Angelina Jolie, and more capital A actors have all done multiple MCU movies.

Blanchett was a funny example because she straight up told an interviewer about Ragnarok that she treated the whole thing as a well-paying break from her 'real' work. She got paid a lot of money to ham it the gently caress up with no real effort or acting skill required.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Blanchett was a funny example because she straight up told an interviewer about Ragnarok that she treated the whole thing as a well-paying break from her 'real' work. She got paid a lot of money to ham it the gently caress up with no real effort or acting skill required.

There’s pics of Taika Waititi, Tom Hiddleston, and Chris Hemsworth all napping in a heap together. Everyone loves working with him and Gunn in particular.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

chitoryu12 posted:

There’s pics of Taika Waititi, Tom Hiddleston, and Chris Hemsworth all napping in a heap together. Everyone loves working with him and Gunn in particular.

I admit that now I really want Thor: What We Do in New Valhalla

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Cythereal posted:

She got paid a lot of money to ham it the gently caress up with no real effort or acting skill required.

Can't stress enough that acting is a skill and always a difficult job, even if a nerd on the internet thinks the thing you're acting in isn't high art or whatever.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Everyone posted:

I admit that now I really want Thor: What We Do in New Valhalla

Taika confirmed for Writer/Director of new Blade Trilogy WHEN????

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 31, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bleck posted:

Can't stress enough that acting is a skill and always a difficult job, even if a nerd on the internet thinks the thing you're acting in isn't high art or whatever.

If you are going to be weird and white knight anything in that post you quoted, please white knight ham instead

It's delicious

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Argue posted:

John Hamm has mentioned not wanting to take a role because their contracts are draconian, although he seemed to be speaking hypothetically and not about turning down an offer.

From what I understand Marvel doesn’t do those big contracts anymore. So unless Hamm was going to play some big recurring villain, I don’t see why he couldn’t just appear in one or two movies.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

If you are going to be weird and white knight anything in that post you quoted, please white knight ham instead

It's delicious

Yes he is... oh wait

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DogsInSpace! posted:

Yes he is... oh wait

…Reed?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope they are saving Hamm do be Mr. Sinister (which as noted he almost was in New Mutants and its semi-planned sequels/spinoffs). He would make such a great villain and would totally.....Hamm....it up playing one of the hammiest villains in Marvel.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It would've been a waste but casting Hamm as Heyward in Wandavision would've solved a lot of that show's problems.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That's a weird way of spelling Mephisto

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

swickles posted:

I hope they are saving Hamm do be Mr. Sinister (which as noted he almost was in New Mutants and its semi-planned sequels/spinoffs). He would make such a great villain and would totally.....Hamm....it up playing one of the hammiest villains in Marvel.

He'll have to do dual* roles because Jon Hamm canonically exists in X-Men. Would love to see him camp it up in Sinister's cape though

* okay more than dual because there's no way there'll just be one Sinister

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Everyone posted:

Dude, I think Ben loving Kingsley would take any part for money.

Yeah, he played Ghandi, but he also played Kagan in Bloodrayne and God bless him for it.

I think one of the big jokes is that Ben Kingsley kind of is Trevor Slattery.

He's the same generation as Michael Caine, who never saw the Jaws movie he was in, but he loved the house it bought. They're incredible actors, but even they know there might be lean times so you take the job even if it is putting on a ridiculous wig or whatever. Money's money, spends the same if the film wins an Oscar or goes straight to streaming. There's no shame in it, they put in incredible performances hamming it up and make what could have been a terrible movie watchable.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They’re all British actors from an era where acting is your job, and you just worked. 9 times out of 10, they’d take the role no matter what.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Party Boat posted:

He'll have to do dual* roles because Jon Hamm canonically exists in X-Men. Would love to see him camp it up in Sinister's cape though

Jon Hamm hooked up with that Cuckoos didn't he? At the same time.

TIP posted:

I remembered that scene as being kinda vague and confusing about whether he just now escaped prison or not, so I went back and looked and yeah it's not the clearest.

There's a lower third graphic with "ABOMINATION PRISON BREAK" and the reporter says, "So far there have been no statements made by Emil Blonsky's attorney after shocking footage leaked showing abomination participating in what appears to be an underground fight club after having somehow escaped from prison."

That could be interpreted multiple ways, I think they mean that the footage has just now leaked proving that he at one point escaped prison to fight in this league but I can definitely see why people are confused.

Release order also doesn't necessarily map to timeline order in the MCU, it wouldn't be that shocking if they had situated this story before or during the events of Shang-Chi.

True, but the simplest answer that it was a recording that was just released, but that doesn't get clicks on youtube by people who think nitpicking is criticism.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Party Boat posted:

I guess they couldn't get the rights to his likeness huh

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

twistedmentat posted:

True, but the simplest answer that it was a recording that was just released, but that doesn't get clicks on youtube by people who think nitpicking is criticism.

I don't get how they are even missing the fact that it's a recording because, in Shang-Chi, he's explicitly shown returning to his cell after the cage fight.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I can't not see the Batman logo in his moustache. Batstache, I guess.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The Bloop posted:

I guess they couldn't get the rights to his likeness huh

lol if he hadn't been addressed by name I'd have had no idea who he was. Last year's Hellfire Gala had a Kevin Feige cameo and I had to google "hellfire gala baseball cap guy" to figure out who he was

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It looks more like Tom Ellis's Lucifer.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
New episode was kinda fun, but the B plot felt a bit pointless and disconnected. We haven’t really spent enough time with the rest of the cast for them to carry those scenes imo.
Tim Roth was great. And I thought Wong having a LinkedIn was pretty funny.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"Excuse me, what?"

Party Boat posted:

lol if he hadn't been addressed by name I'd have had no idea who he was. Last year's Hellfire Gala had a Kevin Feige cameo and I had to google "hellfire gala baseball cap guy" to figure out who he was

To be fair, Kevin Feige in a baseball cap is not really all that recognizable. I don't think I'd notice him on a street.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The credits scene lmaoooooo

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Show is still fun but very messy, this episode even moreso than the first two. They really gotta flesh out the supporting characters more.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Kinda feel like my main issue with this show is the weird.. editing? pacing? Scenes just blast through back and forth dialogue so quickly, and before you have a second to catch your breath it's on to the next thing. Seems like it could benefit a lot from letting scenes go on a little longer to get to know the non-superhero characters more. Have it feel like a real show and not just a cameo-fest and the BROADEST JOKES POSSIBLE.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’m still waiting for the court antics to top the Alex Jones defamation trial.

Show is fun. Show needs to tighten its poo poo up, but show is fun.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

This ep made me laugh out loud two or three times so it's a success in my book.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
that episode sucked. post credits scene was hilarious.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Orc Priest posted:

that episode sucked. post credits scene was hilarious.

This but the other way around.
The episode presumes that I know who that woman is. Some actress, I gather? And I guess she's hot, but not 175k in gifts hit.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Jim the Nickel posted:

Kinda feel like my main issue with this show is the weird.. editing? pacing? Scenes just blast through back and forth dialogue so quickly, and before you have a second to catch your breath it's on to the next thing. Seems like it could benefit a lot from letting scenes go on a little longer to get to know the non-superhero characters more. Have it feel like a real show and not just a cameo-fest and the BROADEST JOKES POSSIBLE.

Yeah, I think the length still hurts it, though this was longer than last week's at least.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

The episode presumes that I know who that woman is. Some actress, I gather? And I guess she's hot, but not 175k in gifts hit.

Megan Thee Stallion is very famous.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 1, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kamar-Taj has a Target, and Wong was a sales associate.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Show rules. Renew this poo poo immediately.

"Now the Libraries more than just a quiet place to stab someone"

Great post credits
also :laffo: the censored version of Body

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

oh my god

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Pug is a sweet boy and I hope he finds lasting love and happiness.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

I did not know Ben Shapiro posted here

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

You could have just googled her after watching the episode, like a normal person would have done, and saved yourself the embarrasement of telling us all how you don't recognise the name of one of the most famous rappers in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I also have no idea who that celebrity is but nevertheless this is one of the dumbest post I've seen on these forums. Congrats.