Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

My diocese picked up kimchi (finally) but it's the god drat lovely brand with not a "g" in sight. Also I ordered a slice of pep and the food court dude gave me one off an obviously older inferior pie (while there were four slices of fresh pep just chilling). My faith is shaken. Somebody post a deal

:pressf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
kirkland frozen blueberries are the best i’ve ever had. drat near every one is sweet and delicious. and they’re actual individual berries, not a frozen clump.

miss their frozen acai tho

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

We just got on the smoothie train and so far both the frozen 4 berry blend and the frozen.. tropical? idk I forgot the band, good like mango and peach, are fuckin fire

That vanilla orgain protein powder is :yum: too, thanks to y'all who recommended it

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Has anyone that drinks the gallon sized Kirkland water jugs noticed a really chemical taste in them recently? Almost like chlorine. The top of the jug is fine, though in this last one I noticed a small taste of it throughout the whole jug, but the last 1/4 of any jug just tastes like plastic. Hoping it's a limited time thing. It's occurred in the past 2 6-packs I purchased, though again, some jugs are worse than others.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Boys it finally arrived:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Come cruise Alaska. Give us all your money and then please leave.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

Boys it finally arrived:

I get these but have never read one. Anything interesting in it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nuts apparently

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Boys it finally arrived:

it's not a calendar?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My boss made me come in on my day off to tell me that Costco Connection is the fourth most circulated magazine in the US. So probably not

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Has anyone has the Just Bare lightly breaded chicken chunks? They look good in pictures and also cost a fortune.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Yes, they are far and away the least gristle-y frozen chicken bits I’ve ever had. They cook up really well in an air fryer and are in fact lightly breaded instead of 80% breading/20% chicken like most popcorn chicken.

I only eat 3-4 of the bits at a time in a meal, so the high cost doesn’t bother me.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Gaius Marius posted:

My boss made me come in on my day off to tell me that Costco Connection is the fourth most circulated magazine in the US. So probably not

Did you tell you what the top 3 were

I got mine today and put it straight into the trash

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Game informer was number 2 for a really long time. No idea bout the others

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

It must be the Subaru Drive magazine

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I wonder if it used to be that magazine they put in airplanes to buy things while midflight

pretty sure that's dead as heck now

does anyone know if Costco Auto will do battery tests for batteries bought there? i'm wondering if I should even try Costco or just go to my mechanic who'll do it for free but who won't sell me a huge jar of kimchi and/or a 1.50 hotdog with drink (and refill) that I slather in 505 chiles at the same time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got those frozen enchiladas that were on sale in the last mailer when I went a week or two ago and they were pretty good I think. I was very drunk when eating all of them. You get 6 of them packaged in convenient 2 packs. They were pretty good and I threw some of the 505 on them.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
You aren't talking about the Realgood lowcarb ones are you? I hope not, because those are universally panned as being terrible. You must have been absolutely shitfaced if you thought they were good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

You aren't talking about the Realgood lowcarb ones are you? I hope not, because those are universally panned as being terrible. You must have been absolutely shitfaced if you thought they were good.

No they weren't low carb or anything. At least I don't remember that and god drat they were messy.

I was, however, absolutely poo poo faced. I guess I'll have to look up what they were.

quick edit: can't find them on the website. They had a blue/teal box I think.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
You are almost describing the Realgood enchiladas, but if you thought they were good they couldn't be. But the Realgoods were on sale last mailer, are in a teal box and come packaged like you describe.

I (and everyone else that eats low carb) would recommend staying away from that brand. Absolutely everything they make tastes like wet cardboard.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That must have been it!

Yes, I was very very drunk. I couldn't describe them to you but I remember liking eating microwaved enchiladas at 2am.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If you want something similar, I think everyone has been really positive on the microwavable tamales in the fridge section.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pro tip for all you honkie fucks:
Microwave the tamale.

Add 1tbs oil to a hot pan

fry the tamale

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

FilthyImp posted:

Pro tip for all you honkie fucks:
Microwave the tamale.

Add 1tbs oil to a hot pan

fry the tamale

this is my technique with the pupusas, highly recommend, reported for slurs

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Propaganda Hour posted:

Come cruise Alaska. Give us all your money and then please leave.

What's it like living in the soon to be only-inhabitable in the summer US state in 50 years

You're gonna have weather like Oregon used to pretty soon

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChsK_JJJ10J/

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Toxic Mental posted:

What's it like living in the soon to be only-inhabitable in the summer US state in 50 years

You're gonna have weather like Oregon used to pretty soon

Oh, between the forest fires, earthquakes, and habitat destruction, it's pretty nice.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah so you're like 20 years behind us. We'll let you know what's in store after we arrive in our caravans in a few years.

but eating sea spiders is gross so I'm with you there

Why do that when you can get a $1.99 giant fresh slice of delicious pizza, or (even better?) a $1.50 unctuous hot dog WITH drink PLUS??? REFILL???

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Wanted to see if we had a bad bag or maybe there was a regional bad batch or if it was a wider national problem but the last two Kirkland Traditions dogs ♥️ chicken jerky treats were much more thinner like to the point where they look like the embodiment of the thin lodge slices in food mickey makes for he, Goofy, and Donald in that old cartoon

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Hutla posted:

Yes, they are far and away the least gristle-y frozen chicken bits I’ve ever had. They cook up really well in an air fryer and are in fact lightly breaded instead of 80% breading/20% chicken like most popcorn chicken.

This. They remind me of Chik-fil-a nuggets, but with fewer associated moral quandaries.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Oh, between the forest fires, earthquakes, and habitat destruction, it's pretty nice.

If the Quarter Pound Plus All Beef Hot Dog With 20oz Drink and Refill is $1.50 in Alaska then there's no longer a reason to have traditional walrus, seal and whale hunts for subsistence food. PBUC I kid

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So lemme tell you guys, my power went out and the Kirkland burnt ends went bad REAL quick and my refrigerator still smells of them 2 days after throwing them away.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

So lemme tell you guys, my power went out and the Kirkland burnt ends went bad REAL quick and my refrigerator still smells of them 2 days after throwing them away.

Does Costco sell home generators?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Hambulance posted:

Does Costco sell home generators?

They do and I finally bought one, just not in time heh

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I've really loved the Amy Lu brand chicken burger patties they've had in the fridge section. Last time I went to church they only had a new flavor in stock, Cowboy Corn, and I got to say I am NOT a fan of these. The sweetness of the corn just completely throws me off and I plan on returning the two packs I bought. Has anyone tried any of the frozen chicken burger patties? Any good?

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

There has been rumors for years our town is getting a Costco, but they may be starting to become real. They've been doing a lot of land surveying and road work on a formerly empty factory lot and while a few small things have popped up around it, one of the people working for the city said after talking to them it's going (probably) to be a Costco.
:pray:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I need to buy some new prescription glasses. Are the glasses at Costco good?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

strangehamster posted:

Has anyone has the Just Bare lightly breaded chicken chunks? They look good in pictures and also cost a fortune.

Like everyone else said, they're great. Their price spiked somewhat recently (to the tune of like $3-$4/package) but it's still worth it. I like to do them at higher heat for a little less time (like 425 for 18 minutes) so they get a little crispier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

I need to buy some new prescription glasses. Are the glasses at Costco good?

They are ok I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Luxrage posted:

There has been rumors for years our town is getting a Costco, but they may be starting to become real. They've been doing a lot of land surveying and road work on a formerly empty factory lot and while a few small things have popped up around it, one of the people working for the city said after talking to them it's going (probably) to be a Costco.
:pray:

welcome to the church friend! :catholic: