Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, I’d kill for a 90s style line, all bright neon paintjobs and plastics. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve been thinking about what if Hasbro did an SS86 Unicron? Take the Haslab one and just scale it down by half or a third or something. We’ve seen them do resizing with the Classics seekers upscaled to ER, so it’s not outside their ken.

I figure they'd probably just reuse the old UAC mold again, or rather the remold they did of that one to make it more G1 looking

Robot Style posted:

I was reminded of those vintage Kenner-style Star Wars figures they're doing for The Mandalorian, and was thinking that might be something cool to do with Transformers - almost like a reverse Studio Series. Like, give me a day-glo tiger striped G2 Nitro Zeus, Scorn as a Beast Wars Transmetal, or G1 Tarn with goofy proportions and two points of articulation.

A retro style line would be neat but would probably work best if done in a small scale, as more limited articulation is easier to accept on smaller stuff, well unless doing so allows them to go really cheap in price

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I wish they’d do a re-issue of the HasLab stuff, I didn’t get a chance to buy Unicron nor Star Saber.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

drrockso20 posted:

A retro style line would be neat but would probably work best if done in a small scale, as more limited articulation is easier to accept on smaller stuff, well unless doing so allows them to go really cheap in price
This is exactly my criticism of the new Micromasters. The extra articulation actually made them less fun, since they were prone to having bits pop off mid-transformation.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Style posted:

I was reminded of those vintage Kenner-style Star Wars figures they're doing for The Mandalorian, and was thinking that might be something cool to do with Transformers - almost like a reverse Studio Series. Like, give me a day-glo tiger striped G2 Nitro Zeus, Scorn as a Beast Wars Transmetal, or G1 Tarn with goofy proportions and two points of articulation.

Kind of like Reaction, but recreating other specific toylines instead of just the Kenner mold.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

Got SG Blaster and it's amazing how much a colour-scheme can change a figure. Had zero interest in the standard figure but absolutely love this guy.

Didn't realise how much i'd appreciate the smaller size as well, I really didn't need another blaster as wide as the TR blaster/soundwave mould.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve been thinking about what if Hasbro did an SS86 Unicron? Take the Haslab one and just scale it down by half or a third or something. We’ve seen them do resizing with the Classics seekers upscaled to ER, so it’s not outside their ken.

I’d absolutely love this. I bowed out of haslab because of cost and size.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Robot Style posted:

They're already doing that right now. There's been a number of non-transforming transformer action figure lines over the years with varying levels of articulation, I kinda liked the little titanium statues back in the day. But of course they're gonna do that with the big names with broader character recognition instead of weird obscure figures that will lack value as both a recognizeable piece of merch or a toy.

Although weirdly while Hasbro is doing star wars toy packaging nostalgic of Kenner, most of the new figures they put out with that packaging have full articulation, unlike the ReAction line of figures that is also using the aesthetics of original Kenner packaging to replicate lovely 80s production values in a weird pseudo-nostalgia. So I guess that's worth a thought.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There's also a Retro line which is new characters with 80s era posability. I've gotten a couple of them because they were both cheap and cute and they complement the vintage stuff that lives on my desk.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I would really prefer if they kept up using modern engineering for it but I would be down for just bringing back G2 since I have trash taste and like the faction logos and the super soaker color schemes

They could call it G3

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'd like to see both.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tighclops posted:

I would really prefer if they kept up using modern engineering for it but I would be down for just bringing back G2 since I have trash taste and like the faction logos and the super soaker color schemes

They could call it G3

Might want to skip to G4

Most people don't like G3

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I liked that 3rd party one a couple years back, Glacier Lord or something? A new character done in the G1 combiner style. They released the torso last in a faded Korean box as the original had been discontinued but they “found an unsold box of Korean knock offs.” My buddy bought the set on sale at TFsource and the weird lore they built around the figures was fun

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DrChu posted:

I preordered from the Kitz Concept site before I saw this and it was sketchy enough that I would have rather paid a bit extra and went through BBTS.

The minimum shipping charge was $20, and the fast one was $45, so the total cost was either $230 or $255. You pay half plus shipping upfront, and they only accept Paypal. After the transaction went through, the item was still in my cart which had me worried, I do have it in my order history though. The status is "pending" and no explanation what that means, they definitely charged me the $130 through Paypal.
Same on all counts. I Googled the site first and confirmed they do seem to be a known entity in the Gundam community, and figured since everything's through Paypal it should be easy to get a refund if the whole thing falls apart.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vaporware posted:

If I was dying for a fastpack valk, they aren't exactly rare (except in TF colors)

Kicking myself a little, Bandai put out preorders today for a Himetal-R VF-1S (Skull colors, but Hikaru version - I guess the difference being it's just got reaction missiles instead of Roy's racks of air-to-air missiles) and they're already at order stop on HLJ and amiami

I was going to try to get in on the latter, I even set a reminder in my calendar... apparently didn't set enough of one because I only remembered to check now. Duh. Guess I'll wait to see if it shows up on tfsource or BBTS or the other usual suspects.

What I'd really love some day is a VF-1A in grunt brown with FASTpacks - I had a Banpresto one of those, but the kindest thing one could say about the Banpresto VF is that it existed and was cheap.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

How far in advance are pre-orders usually put up on the Hasbro Pulse site?

Because I really want that Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Great Burrito posted:

I liked that 3rd party one a couple years back, Glacier Lord or something? A new character done in the G1 combiner style. They released the torso last in a faded Korean box as the original had been discontinued but they “found an unsold box of Korean knock offs.” My buddy bought the set on sale at TFsource and the weird lore they built around the figures was fun

I kick myself for not getting him when he went on deep deep discount because now three of his limbs are Uber expensive

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Are those the ones whose boxes didn't develop Black Mold?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gavin reviewed Glacialord on TRDQ a while back. Lovely looking thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibtR9OwGiLw

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Glacierlord was great but even on discount seemed like it was a niche product that missed? Maybe it hit harder for the BW fans?

Phy posted:

Kicking myself a little, Bandai put out preorders today for a Himetal-R VF-1S (Skull colors, but Hikaru version - I guess the difference being it's just got reaction missiles instead of Roy's racks of air-to-air missiles) and they're already at order stop on HLJ and amiami

Yeah, maybe there will be a second round after preorders ship? I hate when I forget a drop because it feels like being able to impulse buy something is dead.

Agreed about the 1A. There isn't enough colorways of the option packs. It's all skull sqd.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Other posted:

Are those the ones whose boxes didn't develop Black Mold?

Say whaaaaat

That wasn’t part of the fake backstory behind it?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
https://twitter.com/Vapourware/status/1565687397332967426

anyone have a price check. Ebay doesn't show anything

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Oddly enough Best Buy has a ton of Transformers you can order for store pickup, including Wildrider.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Say whaaaaat

That wasn’t part of the fake backstory behind it?

I don;t think it was intended or Fansprojects fault. A while back TFSource had a sale on Tusker and Razorspike and some people who brought them reported that their boxes were speckled with mold or had it inside
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/fansproject-glacialbot-combiner.304136/page-107#post-17485068
It wasn't too widespread fortunately

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Medullah posted:

Oddly enough Best Buy has a ton of Transformers you can order for store pickup, including Wildrider.

Thanks! Snagged a couple I couldn't find elsewhere.

Now I just need to find Motormaster.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Core-class Ratchet is on shelves in the UK.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Medullah posted:

Thanks. secured a Wildrider I was worried about missing this way.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dabir posted:

Oh dang, I may end up grabbing him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dabir posted:

And Wheelie!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

And Wheelie!

I'm aware.

Initial review of Ratchet: Seems like a nice figure! I hope this is some kinda preview of the engineering they'll use for the Voyager Ironhide mold. Would be nice if one of his legs didn't keep popping off, guess there's still some slight QC issues there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dawgstar posted:

Thanks! Snagged a couple I couldn't find elsewhere.

Now I just need to find Motormaster.

He's in stock at Big Bad Toy Store

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmAYQu_U1o

Interesting new issue with some 3rd party toys, lead paint

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Someone in the comments is saying he hosed up following the instructions.

quote:

This video is giving false information as those cards are designed to test that the swab is actually working. Meaning after testing the object if it does not come back red you can use the card to confirm the test was working properly by swabbing a circle that will always activate the chemical if the swab was properly prepared (hence the perfect red circles). Unfortunately, creator has proven nothing beyond an inability to read/understand instructions.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dabir posted:

I'm aware.

Initial review of Ratchet: Seems like a nice figure! I hope this is some kinda preview of the engineering they'll use for the Voyager Ironhide mold. Would be nice if one of his legs didn't keep popping off, guess there's still some slight QC issues there.

Various YouTubers have the new Ironhide mold already, you can look up how it transforms

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
he was really struggling to use both kinds of tests, I can't say this is effective citizen science.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Had this guy as a kid and I loved it. There was no GoBot discrimination in my house!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apq7UvjfGls

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am curious, was that actually in the show

And was it alive if so

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yes! Big stompy walking base!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I kick myself for not getting him when he went on deep deep discount because now three of his limbs are Uber expensive

Same.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

How far in advance are pre-orders usually put up on the Hasbro Pulse site?

Because I really want that Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue)

I've observed that Core figures don't seem to be available for preorder though they do seem to carry them at some point (at official street date?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So I lucked upon a Cosmos as they were stocking the shelves. I can confirm he is an absolutely delightful chonky boi and it's a crime he's a Walmart exclusive. I hope he'll get a wider release somehow because this mold is too excellent to lock up with Walmart and should be able to be enjoyed by everyone.