Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Barry posted:

Like everyone else said, they're great. Their price spiked somewhat recently (to the tune of like $3-$4/package) but it's still worth it. I like to do them at higher heat for a little less time (like 425 for 18 minutes) so they get a little crispier.

I got them today, I agree they’re good and also needed a little more time air frying. Thank you chicken chunk goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I was very disappointed in the lack of high-index/high-prescription options at Costco.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

All this talk of chicken nuggets and nobody has posted the best ones, smdh

These things loving rule

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Their patties ain't half bad. Best brand for fake chicken

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Enos Cabell posted:

These things loving rule

I've had some very tasty fake meat but all of it seems to tear up my gut. I just stick to the real thing.

Also been getting the Bare chicken chunks for a couple of years now and they are probably the best chicken nuggets out there.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Enos Cabell posted:

These things loving rule

Oooo poo poo I may get some on my next visit

I'm slowly transitioning to ~90% vegetarian at home for health reasons. Eating out whatever but I don't do that much. I love fake nugz

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

These things loving rule

Yes these are quite good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I had no idea Costco even stocked the fake nugs, I gotta look closer next time

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Oooo poo poo I may get some on my next visit

I'm slowly transitioning to ~90% vegetarian at home for health reason. Eating out whatever but I don't do that much. I love fake nugz

I’m a big meat eater (my dad even owns a slaughterhouse) and I still think that the fake stuff is pretty drat good.

I’d be perfectly ok if the government subsidizes the fake stuff to make it cheaper so more people transition off real meat.

The fake stuff is still just a bit too pricey for most people to make the full switch. If it were the cheaper option we’d see a much higher adoption rate.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Got to church and only then realized my entire outfit was from Costco, including underwear, socks, and shoes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

These things loving rule

Quoting this for future searchability

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ohtori Akio posted:

I had no idea Costco even stocked the fake nugs, I gotta look closer next time

Yeah wtf i've never seen these at the Seattle costco. They used to carry field roast sausages though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah wtf i've never seen these at the Seattle costco. They used to carry field roast sausages though.

Crazy, this is in the heart of beef country Nebraska so I'm surprised it's not widespread everywhere else. Pretty reasonable too at I think ~$11 for a 2lb bag

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

We got the Simulate Nuggs two trips ago, but they didn't have any on our most recent trip. They're like mcnuggets but slightly thinner. We've also had good luck with the impossible nuggets.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I can still get field roasts at all the costcos I hit, the cases of tofu are harder though

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

The costco near me (suburban Chicago) rotated through quite a few of those. I think I saw the gardein, alpha, skinny butcher (those were chik’n cutlets), beyond, raised and rooted, and possibly one I’m forgetting.

Haven’t seen the impossible nuggets or simulate yet though.

I think vegetarian meat analogs had a lot of growth during the early part of COVID so there are probably a bunch of startup companies making different ones. I think sales slowed on that category so I’d guess a lot of them may not be around that long but we’ll see.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
We started buying the Alpha Foods Crispy Chik'n Patties this spring. Tasty, store in the freezer forever, about the same price as real chicken patties, and contain stupidly high amounts of protein for their calories.

Seriously. 12-13g protein for a 170 cal patty. Regular chicken patties are like 9g protein per 200 cal patty.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's not great macros compared to actual chicken though.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The bibigo korean soy garlic chicken is the way to go.

Duck and Cover posted:

HEY gently caress YOU I'M A PASTY WHITE GUY I WILL DO WHAT I loving WANT!

Apparently Costco has big things of https://www.bibigousa.com/products/crunchy-chicken-with-soy-garlic-sauce/. That and the macaron ice cream sandwiches are very good.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

These things loving rule

Gardein as a brand has some of the absolute best vegan meat options.

Gaius Marius posted:

If you're trying to get protein and macros on a vegetarian diet, those fake meat alternatives aren't going to be high on the list.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Got to church and only then realized my entire outfit was from Costco, including underwear, socks, and shoes.

Glorious Costco albs, amen

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gaius Marius posted:

this is why I end up eating a lot of tofu. the processed fakemeats just never actually deliver on macros

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Also, finished the 1000 piece puzzle I started Monday. Took like 6? hours I think, yeeeeah

Costco puzzle is a good puzzle, would recommend those Dowdle puzzle 100%

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I've gotten the Simulate nuggets at the Tukwila Costco a couple of times

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Lookin like a boss though in head to toe Costco.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I bought the dino nuggies on sale and im v happy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I got the 18 pack of Premier Protein shakes

The price at the other supermarket is 4 for $7.98 ($1.99 each)

Costco is 18 for 27.99 ($1.55 each)

That's over a 22% savings!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Yea those macros aren't very good, but patties are usually breaded and have some kind of binder within the patty itself as well. For that same 170g of chicken you can get twice as much protein if you just eat pure chicken. I think 3oz of chicken breast is like 165-170 calories for 25-26g of protein. Speaking of which, going by tomorrow to get chicken, anyone want anything?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

feelin' the vibe of that room. lots of windows, plants, and natural light.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Flip flop return, they broke after like a months worth of use. So then I got another pair at the cheaper current price, plus danishes and cold brew.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Are the jarred 505 chilis seasonal or regional? I don't know that I've ever seen them at my store (SE WI), and I don't get any matches looking online.

I like costco well enough, but product availability really messes with me.

I get the gyro meat because it's pretty good and makes a quick throw together dinner with leftovers for the week, but getting pita bread @ church is a real gamble. The brand is good, but just availability seems real hit and miss.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

e: nm

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 2, 2022

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

CzarChasm posted:

Are the jarred 505 chilis seasonal or regional? I don't know that I've ever seen them at my store (SE WI), and I don't get any matches looking online.

I get the gyro meat because it's pretty good and makes a quick throw together dinner with leftovers for the week, but getting pita bread @ church is a real gamble. The brand is good, but just availability seems real hit and miss.

I'll have to try the gyro meat I love that kind of stuff

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I bought some seasoning a month ago and it’s gross as gently caress. Not spoiled just lovely.

Can I return it?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I bought some seasoning a month ago and it’s gross as gently caress. Not spoiled just lovely.

Can I return it?

You sure can.

Which seasoning are you talking about, so we know to steer clear?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

It's been at the Middleton Costco every time I go there, was in the Verona one when I went a week and a half ago, haven't checked the Sun Prairie one

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

The Midniter posted:

You sure can.

Which seasoning are you talking about, so we know to steer clear?

The truffle Parmesan black pepper garlic seasoning.

I make an awesome popcorn with fresh parm and truffle oil and black pepper. I thought this would be acceptable for when I was being lazy.

It is absolutely not.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Not sure if I've mentioned this but the Butt Rub BBQ seasoning is amazing. Its kinda spotty when they have it in stock but I use it all the time and is sugar-free.

Protip: add some to scrambled eggs.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

How does Butt Rub taste on kimchi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

On sale, pbuc