Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Send are boys back to pacify the mick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

keep punching joe posted:

Send are boys back to pacify the mick.

Ireland will be soon turning away dinghy's full of brits trying to escape into the EU.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Prime minister elected by a football stadiums worth of people.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

liz laugh love

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

It's official, we're living in a Black Mirror episode

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1566748685341425664

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I tried to watch the acceptance speech but it was too cringe to bear

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Merry Trussmas everyone

I'd say 'may god help us all' but he's clearly decided to take another poo poo on us

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Drinkslinger posted:

proper good telly this

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I just realized that describing Tories trying to make sure the UK is a Minimum Viable Society in the style of Minimum Viable Product feels extremely accurate.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Drinkslinger posted:

So many layers. Like the £1000 being the worse prize.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So how long until Truss restarts the Seven Years War due to her own stupidity?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
How long do you think she'll last? I can see her crashing and burning within months if she doesn't get to grips with the energy crisis and if she really is as hopeless as, well, every single indicator that I've seen of her so far.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I hope we get at least one horse elevated to the lords and at least two pieces of legislation against the laws of physics.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
My (Tory party member) father in law reduced my wife to tears when she said we were thinking about getting solar panels. He hates green energy, but is well up for nuclear.
Apparently they are noisy!
The battery won't last the whole day, so whats the point?
The quotes we mentioned were a lot more than he had heard!

God why won't the spiteful man die yet?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Pork Markets

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1566766195868672003?s=19

Open and dry

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pistol_Pete posted:

How long do you think she'll last? I can see her crashing and burning within months if she doesn't get to grips with the energy crisis and if she really is as hopeless as, well, every single indicator that I've seen of her so far.
A lot of people have guessed long enough to get the life peerage & pension, then she'll hand over to Rees-Mogg for him to get the same, then general election so Labour have to try and sort it out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can hear the solar panels susan, they are too noisy, they whisper to me in my dreams, they tell me I'm a tory oval office and the blood won't ever come off susan, i go outside and scream at the panels but it doesn't help.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Grey Hunter posted:

My (Tory party member) father in law reduced my wife to tears when she said we were thinking about getting solar panels. He hates green energy, but is well up for nuclear.

Honestly, I thought people like this only existed in Captain Planet episodes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The world is full of people who hate anything that suggests the current state of affairs might be suboptimal.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Grey Hunter posted:

Solar and battery provides about 97% of our home power and it's news to me that they're noisy? Inverter fan is audible when it's at max power but hardly noisy.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

This house came with solar panels so I can confirm:
They make no noise.
Some installations don't have battery stores anyway and exist to contribute power back into the grid which gets deducted from your energy bill.
After installation you'd be making up the cost difference in less than 5-10 years, sooner you do it the sooner you get it back.

Re Truss: if I'm generous she'll last 1-2 years, my gut is saying 7-9 months for some reason.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao https://twitter.com/electpoliticsuk/status/1566738370365194240?s=21&t=5ofHtx2L2mr9jPbrAolZ_A

absolute banter

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I can hear the solar panels susan, they are too noisy, they whisper to me in my dreams, they tell me I'm a tory oval office and the blood won't ever come off susan, i go outside and scream at the panels but it doesn't help.

Tomberforce posted:

Inverter fan is audible when it's at max power but hardly noisy.
The Silence of the Fans

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

bessantj posted:

Went past a branch of Waterstones and they had Rowling's new book on sale at half price and it's still £12.50. So full price is £25, what the gently caress!

I know the Trusspocalypse is going on but yeah that's how much hardback books are now. You can get paperbacks that cost 20 quid if you are into history.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yea, she were a good country for a while but I don’t think Britannia has got long left to go

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

TACD posted:

Yea, she were a good country for a while but I don’t think Britannia has got long left to go

She were never a good country.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
God why are all our lady PMs such loving disasters, can we not elect one semi-useful woman one time

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

It's just one monster after another and the best case scenario is that somehow a flavourless neoliberal stooge is voted in and does nothing of consequence.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Necrothatcher posted:

lmao imagine travelling back in time and telling this thread liz truss would be pm

Go back in time and tell the thread that if they support Clegg instead Brown it's going to end with Liz Truss becoming prime minister.

And they'll post who the gently caress is that because she isn't even an MP yet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HopperUK posted:

God why are all our lady PMs such loving disasters, can we not elect one semi-useful woman one time

I think the unifying factor is their Britishness rather than their gender, coz it's not as if the list of male PMs is actually any better

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

HopperUK posted:

I know the Trusspocalypse is going on but yeah that's how much hardback books are now. You can get paperbacks that cost 20 quid if you are into history.

Oh academic books I get being expensive, but this is a half arsed crime fiction book by the author of Harry Potter. The fact that it's over 1,000 pages should mean a deep discount.

Grey Hunter posted:

Reduced to tears? I think I'd burst out laughing.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Go back in time and tell the thread that if they support Clegg instead Brown it's going to end with Liz Truss becoming prime minister.

And they'll post who the gently caress is that because she isn't even an MP yet.

She was an officer of some kind in young lib dems wasn't she? Given the zeitgeist I'd expect at least someone in the thread to be aware of her at the time.

Also wasn't there someone who said she looked rather good looking. Was it pissflaps or someone.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Tomberforce posted:

Solar and battery provides about 97% of our home power and it's news to me that they're noisy? Inverter fan is audible when it's at max power but hardly noisy.

He worked with the industrial ones over ten years ago.
He's also clutching at straws.

bessantj posted:

You've not had your whole life being basically emotionally abused by the man. One GP actually called it borderline abuse when my wife was explaining a few long term medical things. (She fell off a horse and damaged her spine, but was never taken to hospital)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bessantj posted:

Reduced to tears of screaming hysterical laughter

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Truss is like a comic book villain enemy of Sanna Marin or Jacinda Ardern.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

bessantj posted:

I mean, that's easy to say when the situation is theoretical to you and you're a big internet tough guy, but maybe it wouldn't be so easy it you were the child of a hosed up abusive tory man and spent a lifetime dealing with their psychotic poo poo

Don't you think?

Edit beaten! And by husbando (or waifu!) as well. Point still stands

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 5, 2022

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵😩😩😩😭😭😍😍😍♥️💕❤️🔥😩💦💦💦🥵🥰🥰🥰😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳🥰😩😩😩❤️❤️😱😮😩💦💦💦 how does she do it 😩😩😩😩😩💦😳😍❤️🥰😭😭🥵💕🔥😍❤️🥰😭♥️♥️😭🥰❤️❤️❤️💕💕🔥😍😳😳😍🔥😍😍😍😍😍😍🔥😍😩😩😩💦💦😳😳🥵🥵🥵🥵♥️😭🥰

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Private Speech posted:

She was an officer of some kind in young lib dems wasn't she?
A Lib Dem, Republican Remainer. So she has made 180-degree reversals on some pretty major beliefs. But it's somehow worked out with her becoming PM, so :shrug:

Also, for the first time ever the Prime Minister is younger than me, so I can turn my age-related despair up another notch.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Grey Hunter posted:

You've not had your whole life being basically emotionally abused by the man. One GP actually called it borderline abuse when my wife was explaining a few long term medical things. (She fell off a horse and damaged her spine, but was never taken to hospital)

loving hell this guy sounds like a proper oval office. I'm very sorry that happened to her. Hopefully he won't be around much longer.

Barry Foster posted:

I mean, that's easy to say when the situation is theoretical to you and you're a big internet tough guy, but maybe it wouldn't be so easy it you were the child of a hosed up abusive tory man and spent a lifetime dealing with their psychotic poo poo

Don't you think?

Edit beaten! And by husbando (or waifu!) as well. Point still stands

Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

HopperUK posted:

all 3 so far have been Tories.