Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Like what though?

Who the gently caress sells drugs on Facebook Marketplace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

TinTower posted:

Boomers are where the money is.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Croccers posted:

gently caress, someone beat me to it in the replies.
https://twitter.com/nickwizzo/status/1566750918590218241
That's what you've got to love about UK dystopia. All the hustlers, con artists, and pathological liars made their way over to the US which is why our dystopia is always abstracted behind several layers of smoke and mirrors, so when poo poo gets bad over there it's got all the subtlety of a brick to the dome.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TinTower posted:

Drugs? This person is selling a can of the famous carbonated beverage Coca-Cola, I'm not sure where you're seeing drugs.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

RyokoTK posted:

Isn’t the reason people don’t like movies at a high framerate is because they’re not used to it? There’s nothing actually better about 24 FPS.

IF the thing you're watching was shot 60FPS. Motion Smoothing invents frames to stick between others. 60 or 120 FPS is nicer, after a fashion; just not when they're fake AI frames.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Also, what makes 60+ FPS important for games is the combination of lack of motion blur (which is important for tricking the eye that it's not looking at a slideshow at low frame rates) and the interactivity (when you double the FPS you half the time between your inputs and when you see the image update based on them). Films have motion blur as a consequence of how they're made and are not interactive which is why they can look good at 24 FPS.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
More frames requires more light so stuff shot at high frame rates need to be lit like several suns and always turn out looking like washed out garbage.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

so ignoring the thing where I'm putting in more thought that flat earthers.

0) the sun and moon and all other bodies are still round/spheres.
1) how does day/night work? there's ALWAYS A line from the sun to any point of earth, so

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sassassin posted:

More frames requires more light so stuff shot at high frame rates need to be lit like several suns and always turn out looking like washed out garbage.

Can you imagine if Kubrick tried to shoot Bary Lyndon at 60 fps?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I'm sure he would have found a camera capable of such a feat. Something with the aperture size approaching zero.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Data Graham posted:

Do you know what Office Space looks like at interpolated 60fps?
It looks like someone with a camcorder just taking a video of a bunch of cubicles...
It's actually someone with a film camera taking FILM of a bunch of cubicles.

Motion interpolation as it's done by TVs is pretty dumb. I've seen tests of much better techniques that keep the 'film' feeling and prevent the strobing/flickering effect that true 24fps has at higher brightness. Note that 24 fps film isn't even presented as 24fps, it's presented at 48 fps with each frame repeated once, otherwise the flicker is too annoying.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mx. posted:

https://twitter.com/oliverbrown_tel/status/1566552195771809802?t=bnT8BVYVSBV5G-GPgpEgtQ&s=19

Lol maybe it was all the pro-apartheid comments, maybe it was comparing lesbians to Nazis, or all the transphobia, who knows. All we know is it's somehow not poor old Court's fault that everyone is so mean to her

"Statistically the greatest player of all time" as long as you don't count doubles victories. "Williams' 23-major mark remains the most by a player, man or woman, in the Open Era."

mind the walrus posted:

That's what you've got to love about UK dystopia. All the hustlers, con artists, and pathological liars made their way over to the US
You may have heard of Boris Johnson?

Arsenic Lupin has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Sep 5, 2022

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"Statistically the greatest player of all time" as long as you don't count doubles victories. "Williams' 23-major mark remains the most by a player, man or woman, in the Open Era."

Yeh but those are only worth 3/5 of Court's

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/smashbaals/status/1566210417336131588

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/smashbaals/status/1566841436380741633

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Which way western man

A. Posting about trad wife good, woman personal freedom bad. For the trillionth time.

B. Going outside to remember what wind feels like.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Time machines haven't been invented yet, for starters

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Born in Manhattan

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Platystemon posted:

Filming in a high frame rate can be good, but motion smoothing is always hot garbage.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lazy-rear end stove manufacturers who don’t know how to make poo poo that level of quality any more, that’s who!!! :argh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The fact that it is literally advertising and was never real.

The idea of someone in 2070 looking at a fukkin lynx/axe advert from the 90's and going "THE NEOFEMINISTS ARE THE REASON THAT YOU CAN'T SPRAY THIS lovely JUNK ON YOUR BODY AND HAVE THOUSANDS OF WOMEN MATERIALISE AND WANT TO gently caress YOU LIKE REALLY HAPPENED IN THE PAST"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Love to wear high heels casually, around the kitchen!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Late stage Capitalism and the destruction of the social safety net.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Enjoyed the framerate derail, thanks y'all

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This Smash Idols guy can try to spin it as many different ways, but every post seems to be a variant on this:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smash idols eat the eggs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/axl99/status/1566732435202899968

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also, there's a lot of people who have kids and their kids are never able to actually care for them. Like, the kid gets hit by a bus, or has mental health issues or addiction issues or a disability, so never in a position to support you. Having kids as a retirement policy is a loving suckers bet, and completely opposite of the reason you should have kids.

This might be too much personal info, but my parents are both the eldest of four and my grandparents would have been much better off if they stopped at one child, but that's just coincidence, the various mistrials of my aunts and uncles could have equally happened to their first kid.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

They don't make heels in my size.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

McCracAttack posted:

Guarantee that's a lie.

I've seen sizes 14 to 17 men's in a store.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

McCracAttack posted:

Well, they should.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

So it turns out this woman has 22 children via surrogates, wants 105 children before age 30, and her millionaire husband is currently in jail in the republic of Georgia for committing financial crimes. Which really puts Western Woman's choices in stark relief

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Twitter keeps showing me poo poo jk rowling likes and the things they say are horrible actually own. Like I accidentally liked this tweet at first cause of the photo
https://twitter.com/PissOffNow77/status/1566313817843400704?t=5kQBYDxHbu7sBu_lG88b0A&s=19

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Skwirl posted:

Also, there's a lot of people who have kids and their kids are never able to actually care for them. Like, the kid gets hit by a bus, or has mental health issues or addiction issues or a disability, so never in a position to support you. Having kids as a retirement policy is a loving suckers bet, and completely opposite of the reason you should have kids.

This might be too much personal info, but my parents are both the eldest of four and my grandparents would have been much better off if they stopped at one child, but that's just coincidence, the various mistrials of my aunts and uncles could have equally happened to their first kid.

Plus your kids aren't going to be able to look after you, they'll be working 3 jobs to make rent.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/dox_gay/status/1566579762516135938?s=20&t=lm1z8axtZzPhbVRClcfxPA

This is almost cute.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Zombie Dachshund posted:

So it turns out this woman has 22 children via surrogates, wants 105 children before age 30

what the gently caress?! :chanpop:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Zombie Dachshund posted:

So it turns out this woman has 22 children via surrogates, wants 105 children before age 30, and her millionaire husband is currently in jail in the republic of Georgia for committing financial crimes. Which really puts Western Woman's choices in stark relief

lol at wanting a quiverfull family but outsourcing the pregnancies.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zombie Dachshund posted:

This does not sound like someone who is..sound of mind. Lady has issues.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

ynohtna posted:

what the gently caress?! :chanpop:

Tired: having a handful of children and having a healthy relationship with each of them.
Wired: having a thousand surrogate children and hoping that one or two like you enough to have a relationship with you once they turn 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That was basically Jefferey Epstein's plan before he was assassinated "committed suicide."