Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I think I somehow hit for like 2 trillion last night. At least that's what the number looked like flying from the screen..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Entirely possible, I've had hits in the trillions as well. I have the abbreviated damage numbers on, so it just shows up as "2T" or whatever the amount was instead of all those digits.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Single-digit trillions don't show up with Ts from what I've seen, they display as four-digit Bs (aka 1,000B not 1T).

That said, trillions are pretty easily possible. My Tal Meteors is delivering, like, 10-20 trillion damage shots without CoE to solitary targets. It's all very silly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When the damage number gets so high that the local entropy causes my computer to collapse into a black hole, I will know I have beaten Diablo 3.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Bust Rodd posted:

Thanks once again to the indelible RodShaft and his Battle-Boy Max for taking my Barbian from lvl 6 to Paragon 130 in about 20 minutes and giving me a set of T16 bounty bags as a send off. The absolute easiest start to a season, would recommend!!!

Now just like 30 more and you can get avarice.

It was a good thing Max tagged along cuz I had to dip out of that first rift because my grift impale build doesn't work at that low a difficulty (runs out of hatred). I used my vault build which is great for the vault, but doesn't work when there's not a steady supply of gold. We muddled through.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

xZAOx posted:

Heh, we're the same. I started meteor, and I found it high dps, and pretty tanky. But I wanted something zoony, so I've been using the UE DH, which is a lot more fun to play.

Anyways, I recommend just using maxroll. They have variant builds for each activity.

Compared to meteor, it's a lot less dps and way more squishy, but for farming NR, lower GRs (75 is super quick though), and some t16 goblin / whimsy farming, it blows stuff away.

For split bounties, bosses take maybe 10-15s - totally fine, but feels forever compared to my wizard which one does shots stuff in gr100. But the dh is so much faster, lots of fun.

I altered the wizard build so I could teleport constantly, but still prefer the DH.

Man, I put together the Shadow Impale version and it is so ridiculously strong. Even with crappy gear, ran through a gr100 like butter. It feels a lot squishier and resource intensive though, so not as braindead as playing multishot strafe but sheesh. I can see why it's a RGK build.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I just realised way too deep into the season as I roll sockets into a weapon I haven't gotten a ramlandis (sp?) Gift yet

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Replace damage numbers with arrow notation and give us a few thousand more GR levels

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
What's the best way to get ancients?

I'm assuming run split bounties, highest fast GR if you need more forgotten souls, and reforge?

I didn't know if there was a more efficient method with shards or upgrading rares that I might be missing, or if certain slots that's better, or something. Split bounties aren't my favorite.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

xZAOx posted:

What's the best way to get ancients?

I'm assuming run split bounties, highest fast GR if you need more forgotten souls, and reforge?

I didn't know if there was a more efficient method with shards or upgrading rares that I might be missing, or if certain slots that's better, or something. Split bounties aren't my favorite.

Yeah 90gr is the cutoff more maximum leggos. So anything above that you can clear <3min. Go as high as you can do quickly for more shards, xp, and gem levels.

Then split bounties for reforging mats.

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
I like running GR91:s just because they drop an even 400 blood shards.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I know 90 is most commonly cited, but I believe it's actually 100 to make sure they're all legendary. Like 90 gives you 12 items, but one might be rare/magic sometimes.

My dh can't run 90 efficiently yet though anyways. I did test a little on my wizard though, and the above seemed correct.

But most importantly, I just farmed up the rainbow portrait. Got a bunch of rainbow swords and hamburgers, too. I wish you could mog over different weapon types.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

xZAOx posted:

I know 90 is most commonly cited, but I believe it's actually 100 to make sure they're all legendary. Like 90 gives you 12 items, but one might be rare/magic sometimes.

My dh can't run 90 efficiently yet though anyways. I did test a little on my wizard though, and the above seemed correct.

But most importantly, I just farmed up the rainbow portrait. Got a bunch of rainbow swords and hamburgers, too. I wish you could mog over different weapon types.

I’m almost positive I’ve run up to 110 and still gotten the occasional yellow or blue item.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
There is no level that guarantees 100% legendary drops, you'll still see a blue/yellow in 150s sometimes.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I just realised way too deep into the season as I roll sockets into a weapon I haven't gotten a ramlandis (sp?) Gift yet

It's so random, I got like 5 in an hour yesterday, all from random things (rifts, grifts, bounties, etc). I still haven't gotten a pair of focus and restraint rings yet. And I've only gotten 2 primals total, including the gr70 one. Thankfully the crucibles help a lot.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

xZAOx posted:

DH tip: UEs slow past 80-90. Switch to shadow but don't go below 90 with shadow since it relies on not one shotting everything everywhere.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m about 50 hours into my seasonal Wiz and have had pretty much everything drop except for a Squirt’s.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Whats the easiest set dungeon between Wiz and Dh?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Tal meteor wiz was stupid easy

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Tal's set dungeon is very easy and also incredibly infuriating.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

iamsosmrt posted:

Whats the easiest set dungeon between Wiz and Dh?

UE and marauders are easy enough.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Thanks for the input. I wish they'd take the set dungeons out of the season journey already. I doubt many people are clamoring to keep doing them.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Mustached Demon posted:

UE and marauders are easy enough.

Shadow is frustrating on console because it's so easy to miss with one impale, but other than that it's cake. You can't throw the three impales though and you need to get rid of like a bunch of damage

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 6, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

bio347 posted:

i assume you had the same experience as me where it was a total cakewalk and then you got rockwormed at the very end

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

bio347 posted:

So much this. loving Rockworms!! :argh:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i assume you had the same experience as me where it was a total cakewalk and then you got rockwormed at the very end

My first one - only had one enemy left. Searched the entire map again. It was a rockworm I missed right at the start. I had 2 seconds left when I found him, and he bites me.

Second time I got it though.

Mustached Demon posted:

DH tip: UEs slow past 80-90. Switch to shadow but don't go below 90 with shadow since it relies on not one shotting everything everywhere.

Good to know I'm not missing something with UE. Thanks. Still super fun.

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

There is no level that guarantees 100% legendary drops, you'll still see a blue/yellow in 150s sometimes.

Ah good to know, thanks!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you're good at/prefer kiting and grouping then do UE, otherwise do Shadow. Both are cakewalks. But like all set dungeons now, you basically need to do it naked except the minimum number of pieces of gear to spawn the portal and no damage gems or paragons, including mainstat. That said, if I remember right, the quiver that gets referenced for the shadow dungeon is particularly important to getting it done.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Marauders is the easiest dh set dungeon IMO. It's the only reason I save those pieces!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I think it took me four or five times to master it this season because I'd keep getting hit by different freakin' worms.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

It took me about 4-5 tries as well to master Tal’s set dungeon. What cinched it for me was putting on a ring of the zodiac and using In-Geom as my weapon. With those, plus the set bonus itself, I could teleport with impunity and stay well away from Rockworms.

I’d sprint up and find one of the champion monster to kill which gave me the CDR needed to just blip across the map and stay light on my feet.

I also saw a guide on the interweb that showed that, while you can’t see Rockworms until they emerge, you CAN see them on the minimap. So if you’ve just cleared a room and see a monster moving towards you on radar only, you know to GTFO because it’s about to come out of the ground.

Still…..absolutely gently caress set dungeons. In all of Diablo 3 it is by far my least favorite activity.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bounties are more annoying than set dungeons, IMO.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

exquisite tea posted:

The aforementioned LoD Magic Missile.

Ah, thanks. I couldn't find it on the maxroll tier list so i figured the build itself had a different name.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Remember to grab the challenge rift bounty bag! This week it's a Dagger Doc, very easy even though there are like 2 elites on the entire first floor.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

chaosapiant posted:

I also saw a guide on the interweb that showed that, while you can’t see Rockworms until they emerge, you CAN see them on the minimap. So if you’ve just cleared a room and see a monster moving towards you on radar only, you know to GTFO because it’s about to come out of the ground.

I did the entire dungeon just staring at the minimap, watching for a skull that would move really fast in a straight line.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bio347 posted:

Single-digit trillions don't show up with Ts from what I've seen, they display as four-digit Bs (aka 1,000B not 1T).

Yeah, pretty sure you're correct there. Was just using the number as an example.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Eh, I did a class worth of set dungeons for the past 6 seasons (for the ~achievement~) and the 4/class were far more annoying to master than just opening a public game and zooming around in an act or two and murdering mobs. Though tbh I only play to Paragon ~800, so maybe I don't use enough materials per season to have to grind an absolute fuckton of them.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

mmkay posted:

Eh, I did a class worth of set dungeons for the past 6 seasons (for the ~achievement~) and the 4/class were far more annoying to master than just opening a public game and zooming around in an act or two and murdering mobs. Though tbh I only play to Paragon ~800, so maybe I don't use enough materials per season to have to grind an absolute fuckton of them.

Yeah, I'm with you there. Set dungeons vary a lot of course, but I'd sooner do one thousand bounties than have to master the Wastes dungeon again. gently caress that one.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Bust Rodd posted:

I totes disagree. With bounties, I can see a cool variety of locales, zooming around with my cool build, and murdering things at my leisure.

I’m never a big fan of when a game makes you play a very specific way that is outside of how you’d normally play.

As for set dungeons, I only try to master one a season just for the season journey, but I’d rather do four hours of just bounties than 30 minutes of any given set dungeon. Hell, at least with bounties my son can join in and we both benefit and have a grand old time. But to each their own.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you all LOVE bounties so much why don’t you go and MARRY THEM!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bounties are fine assuming you are capable of making any adjustment for doing them quickly. Even in a public group with 3 MeatSims they're over in like 10 minutes and get you a whole bunch of crafting mats, which become super important to basically every aspect of optimizing your character. They also sometimes lead to fun stuff like bandit shrines and rainbow portals, and it can be a good excuse to play an off-meta build. Some of the bounties are still super lame (Barracks ugh Plague Tunnels double ugh) but that's why you build for speed and do those yourself so that you don't have to wait on someone else's slow-rear end barb to do it instead.