Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Empty Sandwich posted:

spr. c'mon now. don't do a disingenuousness on me. just don't pay attention to the person whose currency is attention. simple as.

Hm. Okay I see your point. But the guy will have negative attention brain regardless of our actions, the fact he's been banned so hard he had to resort to setting up a twitter dedicated to SA is extremely funny and so is the fact he still hangs around reporting posts with his perma-probed account. It's basically impossible to more owned than he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So remember when I made this post

The Saddest Rhino posted:

tried searching for the screenshot I made of the post he made of "we should be more like the kiwi farms" that everyone laughed at, can't locate it but I found this

Freaking sleeveless actually found the exact screenshot (which I know because I remember lowtax was using the baseball player avatar) then posted to his Twitter. Just lmao

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

some plague rats posted:

Hm. Okay I see your point.

gotcha. same idea, different approach. I wasn't afraid of invoking them. the idea just makes me sleepy

some plague rats posted:

But the guy will have negative attention brain regardless of our actions, the fact he's been banned so hard he had to resort to setting up a twitter dedicated to SA is extremely funny and so is the fact he still hangs around reporting posts with his perma-probed account. It's basically impossible to more owned than he is

lol [actual]

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I think about that loving chili constantly. I have always wanted to actually make it just to experience the horror of mushrooms in chili. I also thought about using jarred or canned mushrooms just to add to the sort of zeitgeist.

I literally think about that loving recipe every single time I make chili

I make a Texas chili that would probably do pretty well with a some fresh baby bellas in it (probably helps that it’s a no-bean chili so there’d be no flavor sponge competition), but what the gently caress at the french onion soup mix. :psyduck:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dewgy posted:

it’s a no-bean chili

Dewgy posted:

what the gently caress

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
no bean chili is the light, it's the future.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
pineapple

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

It’s really more of a stew, to be honest, but it’s good!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sorry if it doesn't have potato in it it's not a stew

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I know being intentionally hyperbolic is annoying I just want non Americans to have a derail topic of our own

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
mushrooms seem fine

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I know being intentionally hyperbolic is annoying I just want non Americans to have a derail topic of our own

Americans agree that stew requires potato as well. if you don't have potatoes or beans it's just slop

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i think if you've got a root vegetable or two it's still a stew even with no taters

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
No taters? No beans?? You got a gruel.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

no bean chili sounds like what you make a sloppy joe with, or a really meaty spaghetti sauce

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Shifty Nipples posted:

no bean chili sounds like what you make a sloppy joe with, or a really meaty spaghetti sauce

That's it, it's just the ol' spicy spaghett

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
You don't put potatoes in a stew, you put stew ON potatoes.

Jesus. Potatoes will suck all the salt and flavour out if you put them directly in a stew.

:colbert:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Valko posted:

Jesus. Potatoes will suck all the salt and flavour out if you put them directly in a stew.

that's just chunky gravy

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Valko posted:

Guess I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bargearse posted:

Guess I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

It's simple and easy but it's not quick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ZXL2uILF8

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Valko posted:

It's simple and easy but it's not quick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ZXL2uILF8

Good choice, Chef John's is my go-to stew recipe, and I've never been disappointed.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Chef John can always be counted on. Man's a treasure.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

potatoes in the stew, on top of mashed potatoes

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Shifty Nipples posted:

sounds like u make super thin chilis

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

potatoes in the stew, on top of mashed potatoes

you monster

On the other hand Chef John's recipe is robust enough that even when I do put potatoes in it, it still tastes good.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Valko posted:

Hmmm might need to do this crazy experiment myself. I don’t know if I’ve ever made a stew thick enough for it to work but it seems pretty good.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It is just reverse Shepards pie.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Peachfart posted:

It's made of people?!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

sounds like u make super thin chilis

yeah i leave chili making to my brother since he's good at it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's made of people?!

Finest in the shop.
And we've got shepherd's pie peppered
With actual shepherd on top!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Shifty Nipples posted:

yeah i leave chili making to my brother since he's good at it
i..
...hm.
fair enough. i hope ur next chili tastes good and warms ur gullet

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

i..
...hm.
fair enough. i hope ur next chili tastes good and warms ur gullet

thanks same to you :tipshat:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > PYF Goon Saga: It's basically impossible to more owned than he is

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

chili w no beans is no chili. that's just hot dog sauce

makes for good hot dogs tho :yum:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Somehow, he has returned

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

That part of the whole thing where Koala's March decided she was gonna try weaponizing CascadeBeta and friends against cspam because she thought they were all racist bernie bros was very funny and in hindsight is probably where things started going off the rails for her. Having to very carefully not post the wrong things to avoid getting banned from tgrs in a fit of pique was, for me anyways, the final straw in realizing the whole thing was full of poo poo.

this is not an attack, but i remember who "and friends" were. you have since changed your stance but every time you post about the subject you act like you didn't go all in for KM which is pretty ripe.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Peachfart posted:

The last time I made shepards pie I decided at the last minute it was too hot to use the oven and just dumped everything into a large mixing bowl and stirred it all together. Looked like poo poo tasted great.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rodbeard posted:

The last time I made shepards pie I decided at the last minute it was too hot to use the oven and just dumped everything into a large mixing bowl and stirred it all together. Looked like poo poo tasted great.

So more of a shitter’s pie then.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Really, isn't every pie a shitter's pie? (Unless you have a colostomy bag, I guess? Does the colostomy voiding process still count as "making GBS threads?" important shitpost questions)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My favorite goon drama is definitely muerte, and his attempt at walking across the usa.