Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Looking forward to Glob's sheepish application before the year is out "to find out what all this WH stuff is about, not because I want to hang out or anything..."

So tsundere :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

learnincurve posted:

You do all get that you only have globby’s word for it that he did all these things and came up with them all on his own right?

He’s a uedama camper who shoots blues lol.

Someone would lie? On the INTERNET?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

DerekSmartymans posted:

Someone would lie? On the INTERNET?

Didn't you know we all have Thai Kickboxing Girlfriends with 38DD's?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That’ll learn em for bubbling are hole

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

imagine shooting a target that can't fight back and thinking you're playing the game :laffo:

:ironicat:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

last night i killed a <1 mil exploration fit newbie frigate and you couldnt convince me i wasnt the pvp predator god of eve if i ever solo a ship with guns im going to put my head through my monitor

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

nah globby is genuinely an insanely good player

he just also posts with the quality and consistency of my lactose-intolerance-fueled post-cheesecake-binge bowel movements

eve online

Nah, good players can get jump freight kills.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I get 2, sometimes 3 mtu kills a month btw

I am the best eve player online right now and forever until the end of eve (soon)

triaxius
Mar 18, 2002

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

We started off the evening by rolling into k-6 in Delve

As one of the first rolling megas through, it was quite the shock and a bit nostalgic.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Here is a story of when a bunch of idiots undock.

Our enemy shot some friends poco, friend could deal with it but didn't care, we fancied a fight so pushed them off and they ran away

There was a actually a 2nd poco timer so I kept eyes on it, they brought hounds so a few of us pushed them off in retris.

They brought back some bigger ships so we just blopsed them and that was that...

Then the idiocy started. We didn't realise we had to rep the poco, so in the end we decided to shoot it and anchor a new one

Then we realised no one had anchoring roles so we scrambled for an alt corp director to just throw one up

Then we didn't know you need the PI things to get it to go online so another trip to market

Eventually we got it online but much hilarity ensued on comms. We can only assume our opponent thought we were baiting them to anchor another poco but in reality we are a big bunch of idiots fumbling our way through the game

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I was flying around in a mining ship and some guy jumped in and shot me until I blew up.

He didn't jam me I just panicked and didn't warp out. I'm the best Eve player ever.

Edit: he might have jammed me I don't really know

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It's ok, I lost a retriever because I forgot I had a stab fitted and could have warped away.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

angry armadillo posted:

we are a big bunch of idiots fumbling our way through the game

:same:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

angry armadillo posted:

Here is a story of when a bunch of idiots undock.

Our enemy shot some friends poco, friend could deal with it but didn't care, we fancied a fight so pushed them off and they ran away

There was a actually a 2nd poco timer so I kept eyes on it, they brought hounds so a few of us pushed them off in retris.

They brought back some bigger ships so we just blopsed them and that was that...

Then the idiocy started. We didn't realise we had to rep the poco, so in the end we decided to shoot it and anchor a new one

Then we realised no one had anchoring roles so we scrambled for an alt corp director to just throw one up

Then we didn't know you need the PI things to get it to go online so another trip to market

Eventually we got it online but much hilarity ensued on comms. We can only assume our opponent thought we were baiting them to anchor another poco but in reality we are a big bunch of idiots fumbling our way through the game

I have no idea what most of that means…I know enough to pick out “bait” and I know “blops” is “black ops,” but I don’t have enough experience to know what “black ops” do in Eve Online. I still feel like a galaxy brain when I’m doing enough to catch a fleet warp correctly and a God when I don’t get left behind by a titan bridging. I lost a couple of tackle frigates to missing them early on :angel:

Any good guides or tips for playing two (omega, not breaking rules!) accounts on two monitors but the same computer? It made more sense to me to train up another account for trying like Abyssals (or wormholes or mining or hauling or…) than to shell out for MCT. My computer and internet can handle it fine. I didn’t know if anyone else did this effectively or efficiently and I’d like to try it because I two-boxed EverQuest with ISBoxer like 20 years ago and know that two Omega simultaneously isn’t against the ToS!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I found two copies of that godawful stories of eve comic book for $5 at second and charles so of course I bought one. It's the comic about how Tamir Lenk landed on a Gate then we disbanded BoB.

If anyone wants the other one I can go back and snag it, it's really the worst loving comic I've ever read.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

2 489 137 284 198

Wow! That's around 28 million no-scope-360's per second, you are the absolute champion!

The best I ever got was 85603. Then the server shut itself down for a restart. Do you have some special techniques? I tried to click, move fast and let go, making it spin slightly faster but it gets difficult repeating that for hours on end. Also after a few days of trying during COVID I gave up and assume I'd at least be in the top 10.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

tonight I learned there’s a ship called a boobook wtf

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Necros posted:

tonight I learned there’s a ship called a boobook wtf

They started running out of birds for caldari ships

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

what's next... babadook? gabagool?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

DerekSmartymans posted:

I have no idea what most of that means…I know
Any good guides or tips for playing two (omega, not breaking rules!) accounts on two monitors but the same computer? It made more sense to me to train up another account for trying like Abyssals (or wormholes or mining or hauling or…) than to shell out for MCT. My computer and internet can handle it fine. I didn’t know if anyone else did this effectively or efficiently and I’d like to try it because I two-boxed EverQuest with ISBoxer like 20 years ago and know that two Omega simultaneously isn’t against the ToS!

using input broadcasting software like ISBoxer is against TOS and can get you banned (used to be allowed, but got changed).

best bet is to put your alt in fleet / squad with your main and use fleetwarp commands for travel.

everything else has to be done individually.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

spell out the john galt speech as the names of mobile depots, anchor them in 1dq

I've managed to avoid reading any Ayn Rand for decades, welp

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Das Butterbrot posted:

using input broadcasting software like ISBoxer is against TOS and can get you banned (used to be allowed, but got changed).

best bet is to put your alt in fleet / squad with your main and use fleetwarp commands for travel.

everything else has to be done individually.

Ok. Is it ok to run two Omega accounts on the same computer if you’re not using input broadcasting setups? Like my main on my big gaming monitor and my alt mining/hauling/whatever on my smaller monitor, but both on the same desktop individually? I’m guessing that’s what you meant by “put in a fleet…” I just asked about isboxer specifically because that’s what I used for two subscriptions for EverQuest for a long time.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Yes, it's OK to multibox multiple accounts on the same computer and most people do - you just can't use external software that broadcasts inputs like ISBoxer. If you want something fancier than just alt-tabbing between clients look into EVE-O Preview, it can provide preview windows of all of your open clients and let you hotkey or click to switch between them

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

weren't they weird about multiple alpha accounts?

or maybe there's nothing weird about it, if the policy permits them to block very obvious free botting

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rudeboy Detective posted:

peepee poopoo eve online

this needs to be on every page of every eve thread for all times

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

it should be the thread title

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

it should be the thread title

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

OMFG FURRY posted:

globby's posting is the exact kind of posting you'll find in most local chats if you find enough chatty people

eve online does not foster friendly conversation

globby has talked more with our fake chatbot channel than any pubbie so far in toilet eve

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

Potato Salad posted:

weren't they weird about multiple alpha accounts?

or maybe there's nothing weird about it, if the policy permits them to block very obvious free botting

You're not allowed to run multiple alpha accounts on one computer. I'm assuming running multiple alpha accounts in separate VMs to get around it is against TOS.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Andohz posted:

You're not allowed to run multiple alpha accounts on one computer. I'm assuming running multiple alpha accounts in separate VMs to get around it is against TOS.

My interpretation was you could run any Omega accounts, but you could not run any accounts with a single Alpha…as in not even 1O +1A. Or multiple As at all. Multiple Os are fine, but you can’t input broadcast (Eve preview is fine; thank you for that!) to multiple accounts. My second O account is to do some of the PvE stuff (like Abyssals & wormholes), but the eventual plan is to roll him into GSF as well for things like PI and/or mining

Just appreciate all the advice and tips, folks, thanks.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

DerekSmartymans posted:

My interpretation was you could run any Omega accounts, but you could not run any accounts with a single Alpha…as in not even 1O +1A. Or multiple As at all. Multiple Os are fine, but you can’t input broadcast (Eve preview is fine; thank you for that!) to multiple accounts.

Yup, that's how it works.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Just read both the goldmine thread as well as this one. I haven't played in years, but it's still been a bit of a shock just how much dodgy poo poo has been going on since way back in the day. Also quite shocking how many people (including, it seems, the man himself) were apparantly quite serious about what I thought was an ironic 'dear leader' gimmick.

Looked up the State of the Goonion from just after the wizard hat incident. The line from the Mittani about it was basically 'CCP decided to throw me under the bus, our enemies will try to make use of this'. I guess absolutely nothing changed in 10 years.

At least it's good to see that FNLN is still getting his. Seeing all these old faces pop up in this thread has me feeling all nostalgic, and nice to see they seem to have found some measure of peace. I don't miss some aspects of our old culture, but part of me wishes I could relive some of those days. Today's Eve just isn't the same. Guess I'm getting old.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

40 lbs to freedom posted:

last night i killed a <1 mil exploration fit newbie frigate and you couldnt convince me i wasnt the pvp predator god of eve if i ever solo a ship with guns im going to put my head through my monitor

Hell yes

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I think this should be a dragon ball thread now

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

canonically speaking, goku had the mind of a child

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
That’s from the head trauma he sustained as a baby

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
i would travel to the ends of the universe gathering all seven dragon balls up my own rear end in a top hat just to plead and beg with shenron to put a bullet in this game's head

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hey alright

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

i would travel to the ends of the universe gathering all seven dragon balls up my own rear end in a top hat just to plead and beg with shenron to put a bullet in this game's head

it's a shame this is too long for a thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
CCP plans a great rework of Faction Warfare, something about "narrative content".

Are there even any goons still around who are interested in LowSec and FW, or is this thread now NullSec/Wormholes only?