Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Darth Walrus posted:

Problem is that she seems to be compensating energy companies by having the public pay them back the excess money over the next ten years. Unless she's going full MMT 'lol, money isn't real', that's going to still be crippling in the long-term.

there wasn't really any solution that doesn't massively increase national debt and this is a dumb way of doing it that stores up unnecessary problems but i'm relieved we seem to have moved on from the 'now is the time of the wolf' plan we were at yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I mean the queen is loving tiny and she's in her 90s so she could be under 5 foot by now

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

sebzilla posted:

The ones in my school also had a button to make the man shout "dictionary" for some reason which obviously led to a lot of "dic-dic-dic-dic-dic-dic..." content.

e: dog tax - a tired boy after running 5k (and his dog)dtimg]https://i.imgur.com/lKq7AUy.jpg[/timg]

Can I come and live with you? I don't take up much space and doggo looks like my new best friend. gently caress running 5k, mind.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I mean the queen is loving tiny and she's in her 90s so she could be under 5 foot by now

Is she transforming into a corn cob as well?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Microplastics posted:

While her cocoon resembles a corn cob in many ways this is just intended to distract predators whole she undergoes her final metamorphosis.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

Well, the British Empire is, so by the transitive property yeah

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I mean the queen is loving tiny

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This seems less than ideal https://twitter.com/rachelchinourir/status/1567108171403075585

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
BREAKING: Pictures show figurehead of the British Regime, not seen in public since July, to still be alive. After meeting with the state's tribal chief and high priestess, Elizabeth Truss--the new de facto ruler of the troubled state--returns to the true seat of power to begin the task of appointing loyalists to serve in her new junta.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jamie Oliver blames families for living inside 'massive loving television boxes' :wankah:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Congratulations, people of the UK.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Guavanaut posted:

Jamie Oliver blames families for living inside 'massive loving television boxes' :wankah:

he took my irn bru and he sullied the name of turkey twizzlers, if he mouths off about cheesy chips again I will do time I swear

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

DesperateDan posted:

he took my irn bru and he sullied the name of turkey twizzlers, if he mouths off about cheesy chips again I will do time I swear

Meh. Kill him for being a liver lipped mockney twat. No court will convict you.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Lol

Imagine being ruled by anthropomorphic pile of moss Liz Truss.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

lilljonas posted:

Lol

Imagine being ruled by anthropomorphic pile of moss Liz Truss.

Where do you live?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Reveilled posted:

BREAKING: Pictures show figurehead of the British Regime, not seen in public since July, to still be alive. After meeting with the state's tribal chief and high priestess, Elizabeth Truss--the new de facto ruler of the troubled state--returns to the true seat of power to begin the task of appointing loyalists to serve in her new junta.

I've always loved the reports that flip the tables of the normal reporting.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

That's probably totally normal, these days.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How hard can it be to set up a company that just makes infinite amounts of rockwool?

Just print out giant sheets of the poo poo and cover everything in it, your house, your body, your enemies.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I just chucked away some board backed styrofoam at work. Fuming knowing I could have put it up in London and sold it for 50 grand.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I thought Boris would be safe forever because you wouldn't be able to find someone worse to replace him

like half the tory MPs (and a good amount of labour) are worse than boris, hes just a corrupt buffoon who was groomed to rule but cant be arsed with anything

they have some proper committed psychos in there

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Its just an insulated render and totally normal?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Nilbop posted:

That's probably totally normal, these days.

It is.

The video makes it look like the walls are all made of it. But it's just a layer on the outside used for insulation.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jessant posted:

The glimpse of the plan in de Pfeffel Johnson's speech was that they are going to make not letting Scotland have a fair referendum on leaving the UK a flag waving scarf wearing issue of utmost patriotism and drive as many pink men frothing at the mouth about it as possible, which if they lose the next general election and cant do anything about it will be funny at least.

dont worry, labour hate the SNP even more than the tories and also won't give them another referendum

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Well yeah, modern apartment buildings are frames of steel and reinforced concrete. This skeleton bears all the load; the walls are mainly about insulation: they're not really supporting anything.

I've seen newbuild houses that are similar: some of them you could basically break into by cutting a hole in the wall with a saw, Wile e Coyote style.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

I appreciated the memory of that button that was just an obnoxious guy shouting "DJ!" like a Street Fighter announcer

lmao struck like lightning by a memory of a teacher having to leave the room as they were drowned out by a chorus of DJ! DJ! buttons

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the complaint is the insulation being made out of thermite more than the building being made out of insulation.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pistol_Pete posted:

Well yeah, modern apartment buildings are frames of steel and reinforced concrete. This skeleton bears all the load; the walls are mainly about insulation: they're not really supporting anything.

I've seen newbuild houses that are similar: some of them you could basically break into by cutting a hole in the wall with a saw, Wile e Coyote style.
At least you can fit windows, vents, etc. just using a hot wire.

I wonder if that's what ticky tacky is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkoPCXZ_K4

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Why are we so bad at building houses in the UK? Surely it's just something you can copy from other countries?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We are very good at building houses it's just that the houses aren't for living in, they're for rich people to trade like pokemon cards.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Maybe that's why that BNP candidate accidentally registered as a candidate with his address being a pigeon shed. He confused it with a Pidgey.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jippa posted:

Why are we so bad at building houses in the UK? Surely it's just something you can copy from other countries?

you could ask this about most things the UK does, we're not gonna let johnny foreigner tell us how to butter our bread

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Trickjaw posted:

Where do you live?

Sweden. We're currently being overrun by fascists in our election, so there's a certain amount of throwing stones in a glass house here, but still. She makes Boris Johnson look like a physics professor in every single interview I've seen with her this far.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder if that's what ticky tacky is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkoPCXZ_K4

The word now means inferior or shoddy material, but it was coined from the song.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

lilljonas posted:

Sweden. We're currently being overrun by fascists in our election, so there's a certain amount of throwing stones in a glass house here, but still. She makes Boris Johnson look like a physics professor in every single interview I've seen with her this far.

Oh, without a doubt you are correct, but the Johnson hasw lived on lies his entire life. She thinks that flim flamming to whichever way the wind blows works. She was right, But she didn't pick the right poisoned chalice.

I only asked about your residence as an option to move to. Right now, I'm considering Rawanda.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Jippa posted:

We did, and it led to Grenfell.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They ignored that those other countries adopted huge "do not use this on buildings over 10m tall" laws a few years later, presumably all for insane foreign communist reasons.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I'm just going to leave this tweet here.

It's value is only going to increase after the next PM.

https://twitter.com/danthat/status/1567134568649465862?t=PERWtpKWsjFiBVqvtGGhFg&s=19

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

dont worry, labour hate the SNP even more than the tories and also won't give them another referendum
It feels like it's less that, and more that Kieth & Wes! are afraid that the tories will run attack ads where they are little pocket men in the pocket of Big Sturgeon, and instead of coming up with an argument for why an SNP alliance would be good, they just go "Nuh uh! We hate them too! Please like us! Please don't say in the newspaper that I like the SNP!"

Every loving election they fall into this trap, even Corbyn. I do wonder how the public (not the press) would react if a Labour candidate did just say "Yeah, we'll accept an SNP alliance if it'll help get rid of those blue twats." I mean when Labour vehemently deny it the press still end up running headlines about BRITAIN RUN FROM SCOTLAND, ENGLAND UNDER THE HEEL OF THE PERFIDIOUS SCOT, HELP HELP.

Yes, imagine being part of a union where one country tells the other 3 what to do regardless of what they want or need. Just imagine how much that would suck.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It feels like it's less that, and more that Kieth & Wes! are afraid that the tories will run attack ads where they are little pocket men in the pocket of Big Sturgeon, and instead of coming up with an argument for why an SNP alliance would be good, they just go "Nuh uh! We hate them too! Please like us! Please don't say in the newspaper that I like the SNP!"

Every loving election they fall into this trap, even Corbyn. I do wonder how the public (not the press) would react if a Labour candidate did just say "Yeah, we'll accept an SNP alliance if it'll help get rid of those blue twats." I mean when Labour vehemently deny it the press still end up running headlines about BRITAIN RUN FROM SCOTLAND, ENGLAND UNDER THE HEEL OF THE PERFIDIOUS SCOT, HELP HELP.

Yes, imagine being part of a union where one country tells the other 3 what to do regardless of what they want or need. Just imagine how much that would suck.

Well take it from the Scottish people repeatedly stating that Labour hate the SNP more than the Tories in Scotland at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/sebzilla89/status/1567178322404065282?s=20&t=75tUMW4dkjqgtCIzsUenBQ