Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/status/1567067323000832004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks.
Seems like it's not a done deal yet.

no not quite, it's not been announced or anything and a ton of it is much much murkier, ie support for small businesses hasn't really been meaningfully outlined and that will be essential if we want to stave off any localized recessions and mass hospitality closures, but the money is extremely spooked. i would guess consumer spending confidence has gone off a cliff in combination with other escalating cost of living issues and people just plum stopped spending discretionary income in response to the energy price rises, and don't pay getting press coverage.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
lol there's that support for small businesses like clockwork. again, the money is fuckin scared.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The current gov always leak policies to their chums in the press so they can poll on responses before actually doing it

LoL at the gov choosing to pay rent forever instead of nationalising anything

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The government is just going to bail out all of the energy providers, and we'll be paying it back for decades,and this is just to cover a year and a half? Am I getting this right?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

keep punching joe posted:

The government is just going to bail out all of the energy providers, and we'll be paying it back for decades,and this is just to cover a year and a half? Am I getting this right?

almost, 18 months is the best case scenario i think only until january's price hike is allegedly locked in. and this is still much better than labour's plan which is basically the same thing but smaller scale, lol.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
And there is no long term what do we do once the prices get jacked up again plan?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
of course not. europe is going to buy i guess all available gas on the planet not made in russia and i can't imagine that having an influence on petroenergy pricing, so everything's gonna be a-okay!

tbf i think this is more or less the SNP's plan too, or at least sturgeon supports it. if you're not going to nationalize you're going to have to subsidize the price.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lol skip the plebs and give money directly to the companies

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Netherlands' annual gas production was 50 billion m3 around a decade ago, currently 1/10th of that. Production was reduced because increasing earthquakes were destroying homes up north and it became a political problem. I expect that we'll start producing this winter under the guise of saving our fellow Europeans from freezing to death. EU use is about 400 billion m3 so it could make a dent, not to mention shitloads of profits for Shell and Esso.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

And there is no long term what do we do once the prices get jacked up again plan?

Give the companies a lot more money again, op

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Congratulations on electing a communist infiltrator you stupid hogs
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1567131401719353344?t=-8utdSt2n7kmhzKzl_lVdQ&s=19

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Why is anyone still interviewing Nigel Farage instead of beating him to death?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Feel like literally any random person on the street of any random British city would provide more insightful analysis than Farage at this point

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
also it occurs to me that an energy price freeze until january preserves christmas spending, which is kinda funny

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

well there you go, the NHS budget will cover it, simple as

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
al jazeera saying boris was bitter during the transfer ceremony

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

you could buy BP for less than 2/3rds of this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

al jazeera saying boris was bitter during the transfer ceremony
he obviously has a chance at a comeback, right

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

forkboy84 posted:

Feel like literally any random person on the street of any random British city would provide more insightful analysis than Farage at this point

Still one of my favourite ever pictures

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

an image from the bad thread

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
his final revenge...

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

now truss is safely in place, the Bring Boris Back calls can begin

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

(Wes is down in 30/1 lol)

This is awful though are skybet really saying that they think truss will call a snap or there'll be no backstabbing in either party in two years

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo yeah I would short keith so hard at 50-50 my god

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gonadic io posted:

(Wes is down in 30/1 lol)

This is awful though are skybet really saying that they think truss will call a snap or there'll be no backstabbing in either party in two years

Give me PM Braverman. It's the only real way to get worse than Truss.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

kecske posted:

LT = LOWTAX

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
jeffrey corbyosposn

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

kecske posted:

It's funny because both have a hole in the head where their brain should be, just for different reasons.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

she sure is in charge of something awful!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It's funny because both have a hole in the head where their brain should be, just for different reasons.

loving ouch

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

fuuuuuck

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/status/1567178413647040514

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/khalid4PB/status/1566805494311837697

A Labour MP

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hash tag my opinion

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

can a UK goon explain this? did you somehow not get affected by the oil crises back in the day?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

To the shock of nobody woman & womb don't have the same root

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol that was up for like a whole day and deleted within minutes of being posted here, hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

can a UK goon explain this? did you somehow not get affected by the oil crises back in the day?

Our homes are built on the cheap so when they do bother with insulation it's the stuff that burns down an entire block of flats