Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jesus those borderlands damage numbers look like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah those numbers don't mean anything.

Also that fight is way too long. 8 minutes and it was still going.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah - where did the habit of putting up number damage in games outside of RPGs come from? Call me a stodgy old codger, but it's very grating to me.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It mostly comes from the looter/shooter genre of games (Destiny/Division/Borderlands/etc) where you're grinding out new equipment that has random stats so you use damage numbers to compare how this version of a gun stacks up to a drop you just got that includes the same gun but with different stats.

From some of the videos I've seen, they're trying to do kind of a looter/shooter here but all that does is make enemies damage sponges which is exhausting in a game like this.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I imagine you can turn off the damage numbers, at least I hope you can.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fortnite is doing a Pride event which includes adding in a skin for the character Dreamer. Apparently this is also the first new DC skin for Fortnite in a while.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I played through the main Avengers campaign since it might be leaving Game Pass soon; it's pretty good when it actually remembers to be a proper single-player game and not a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer GaaS nonsense, which it often fails to do. and what's with only having three supervillains in the entire campaign, two of whom only appear in the first few hours? could have been at least as good as GOTG if Square Enix had just let Crystal Dynamics make a game that plays to their strengths, but nope, they had to chase that live service money.

It sounds like the Hawkeye DLCs are pretty skippable, but War for Wakanda might at least be worth a shot?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kate's is pretty good but Clint's is short and doesn't do much. The Wakanda update is a lot bigger but I tapped out pretty quickly in it because I was real burnt out. The villain thing is definitely one of the biggest issues I had with it, presumably they were planning to add more with the GaaS stuff but that obviously went poorly

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Kate's is pretty good but Clint's is short and doesn't do much. The Wakanda update is a lot bigger but I tapped out pretty quickly in it because I was real burnt out. The villain thing is definitely one of the biggest issues I had with it, presumably they were planning to add more with the GaaS stuff but that obviously went poorly

hmm, what would you say is good about Kate's? I heard it was just co-op missions on repurposed maps/assets from the original game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Barry Convex posted:

hmm, what would you say is good about Kate's? I heard it was just co-op missions on repurposed maps/assets from the original game

Oh yeah it is, but her powers are fun and she's a fun character

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Anyone here gonna be watching the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase this Friday? Starts at 4 Eastern. Probably will have to miss it and any juicy live reveals but hoping for some good stuff all the same.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Lobok posted:

Anyone here gonna be watching the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase this Friday? Starts at 4 Eastern. Probably will have to miss it and any juicy live reveals but hoping for some good stuff all the same.

I’ll be watching it, expectations aren’t too high but I’m curious about that Amy Hennig game at least

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

muscles like this! posted:

Fortnite is doing a Pride event which includes adding in a skin for the character Dreamer. Apparently this is also the first new DC skin for Fortnite in a while.

That is who that is?

Edit: OK so it is a character from the canceled supergirl and obliterated arrowverse.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 7, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well she also moved over to regular DC comic continuity as well.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

muscles like this! posted:

Well she also moved over to regular DC comic continuity as well.

Good for the character.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Disney's teaming up w/Niatic for a "Pokemon Go but with Marvel"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajfk9eT6pY

Also Midnight Suns has a new trailer and is dated Dec 2 for release now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZDalw6r-XA

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
When probably-Bucky and unnamed Dora Milaje showed up in the Cap/Panther game teaser, my imagination immediately assumed it'd be a top down action RPG, despite the fact that there is no real evidence to that

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
The most reddit thing is the fact that the r/gamingleaksandrumors thread about the pre-announcement is that ALL of the comments are literally just "WAH I WANTED AN XMAN GAME, I WANTED AN DAREDEVIL GAME, I WANTED AN MOON KNIGHT GAME, WAH I CAN'T COMPREHEND THE IDEA OF SOMETHING NOT BEING WHAT I EXPECTED IT TO BE AND BEING GOOD! WAH!"

Just admit you hate the fact you'll fight nazis in this game, you pieces of poo poo. reddit is full of idiot chuds hiding behind the comic book fandom as always, what a shocker.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

No developer listed for the Captain America and Black Panther game, huh? I believe the rumour mill claimed that Amy Hennig of Legacy of Kain and Uncharted fame was helming this game. You would think we would get slightly more info on the game if stuff is already leaking, but I guess we'll have to be patient.

The same people that have been blowing smoke about Captain America & Black Panther have also been talking about an Iron Man game by either EA Motive or Bioware and a solo Black Panther game. I'm very curious as to when those will be revealed. If there really is an Iron Man game in development at EA, I hope they take some notes from the flying mechanics from Anthem. That game had a lot of problems, but the flying alone was worth the €5 I paid for it.

Here is the Cap and BP teaser, for those who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fumWqujR-Fc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, it has actually been announced that it's Amy Hennig and Skydance. She's been interviewed about it and everything.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
from reading the title i was like meh, but king tchaka and steve during ww2 is at least an interesting premise

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Would not have expected Black Panther to be paired up with Cap for a game but that sounds cool. Begs the question of whether co-op will be an option.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lobok posted:

Would not have expected Black Panther to be paired up with Cap for a game but that sounds cool. Begs the question of whether co-op will be an option.

According to Amy, no.

https://www.ign.com/articles/amy-hennigs-untitled-black-panther-captain-america-game-wont-be-co-op

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dang.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheNamedSavior posted:

The most reddit thing is the fact that the r/gamingleaksandrumors thread about the pre-announcement is that ALL of the comments are literally just "WAH I WANTED AN XMAN GAME, I WANTED AN DAREDEVIL GAME, I WANTED AN MOON KNIGHT GAME, WAH I CAN'T COMPREHEND THE IDEA OF SOMETHING NOT BEING WHAT I EXPECTED IT TO BE AND BEING GOOD! WAH!"

Just admit you hate the fact you'll fight nazis in this game, you pieces of poo poo. reddit is full of idiot chuds hiding behind the comic book fandom as always, what a shocker.

Hey, don't blame it (entirely) on racism, it's a time-honored gamer tradition to complain about not getting things you wanted. Personally I've bitched at every Nintendo Direct that doesn't feature Metroid Prime 4

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 10, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cap and Black Panther looks cool but I also do want an X-Men game or a Daredevil game.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lobok posted:

Christopher Priest wrote a really stellar issue about Cap and T'Chaka meeting during WW2 during his Panther run.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Codependent Poster posted:

Cap and Black Panther looks cool but I also do want an X-Men HULK game or a Daredevil game.

We've had a million XMen games so fixed but agree on a DD game. Just expand on the Arkham detective vision thing and modify the combat. Maybe throw in some courtroom poo poo.

AS far as Hulk, hell at this point I'd settle for Ultimate Destruction Remastered but, god drat. Just make H:UD with a modern engine and a bigger world.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dawgstar posted:

Christopher Priest wrote a really stellar issue about Cap and T'Chaka meeting during WW2 during his Panther run.

Yeah I don't mean to say the pairing is weird overall, just surprised they would go there for a videogame. Invaders would also be cool but the radically different power sets would probably mean something like the Avengers game or the old Ultimate Alliance ones. Panther and Cap only means the characters could be interchangeable for missions assuming they give Panther some ranged moves.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 10, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Yeah I don't mean to say the pairing is weird overall, just surprised they would go there for a videogame. Invaders would also be cool but the radically different power sets would probably mean something like the Avengers game or the old Ultimate Alliance ones. Panther and Cap only means the characters could be interchangeable for missions assuming they give Panther some ranged moves.

My guess would be Cap for combat and Panther for stealth/predator sections

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He has vibranium energy daggers??

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

My guess would be Cap for combat and Panther for stealth/predator sections

I hope not, Panther combat is rad. Especially if they do all the TNC/Stelfreeze-type stuff with absorbing and unleashing kinetic energy. They did some of it in the movies.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That trailer says four heroes, two worlds. Two different versions of both Cap and Panther, or...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That trailer says four heroes, two worlds. Two different versions of both Cap and Panther, or...

I'm guessing the two worlds are being a poor kid from New York and the sovereign of an African nation. Not actually from alternate universes or something.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I mean on the plus side it means it'll be a consistent experience rather than dipping in and out of a half-assed multiplayer game like Avengers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They had two characters alongside Cap and the Panther. One looked like an American soldier and the other was a Dora Milajae.

I'd it's like the Uncharted games, those will probably be NPCs that accompany Cap and the Panther.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think someone posted a quote from the developer saying there's no co-op in the Cap/Panther game, though I'd bet there's sections were you play as the sidekicks instead of Cap or Panther.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I thought I saw somewhere that Bucky was in the game too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

CzarChasm posted:

I thought I saw somewhere that Bucky was in the game too.

Not officially. All we know is cap is accompanied by a soldier as a sidekick and people made the obvious assumption.

Now the fact they didn't state it was Bucky leads me to believe that it's a twist and the solider is not Bucky.

I think it's Logan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The article above says who the other characters are, did nobody read it? It's Gabe Jones and an unnamed Dora Milaje warrior.