Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Vinestalk posted:

I legit think Costa is a sociopath. Something is wrong with that guy.

You wouldn’t say that if you were a fan of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

You wouldn’t say that if you were a fan of him.

I’m a fan of costa and he’s definitely a sociopath or at least a simpleton.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im pretty sure there’s multiple occasions where he ran the length of the pitch just because there was a fight going on that he wasn’t involved in yet

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

quote:

One time in training Chalobah was on the ground suffering from a tackle. Diego thought he was acting it up so started talking s*** in Spanish. After a while when Nathaniel was not getting up, Diego took off his pants and sat on his face, then ran away. I haven’t seen anything like this, it was something else.

https://talksport.com/football/674536/diego-costa-nathaniel-chalobah-fight-chelsea-training-argument/amp/

Psycho poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sounds like a certain international footballer who was arrested in North London.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

blue footed boobie posted:

I remember when I said Gerard should just stay at Rangers and become a club legend by finishing in the top two of a two horse race for 20 years rather than get thrown into the PL managed meatgrinder, and hell, I was right. He could even be managing a team in the CL.

I wish he had listened to you!!!!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

im pretty sure there’s multiple occasions where he ran the length of the pitch just because there was a fight going on that he wasn’t involved in yet

He is a top, top class shitstirrer who I still respect due to his being a real life WWE Villain who decided to play football instead

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Strawman posted:

“I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.”

“I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.”

“His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit.”

“He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can’t look away.”

“He transcends time and space.”

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”

“Me too.”

🎼🎵 That's just the Cost
a
bein the boss...🎶

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

blue footed boobie posted:

I remember when I said Gerard should just stay at Rangers and become a club legend by finishing in the top two of a two horse race for 20 years rather than get thrown into the PL managed meatgrinder, and hell, I was right. He could even be managing a team in the CL.

No one ever said ambition knows no bounds

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Tuchel annoys everyone around him and his man management is poo poo, it’s a shame Chelsea fired him because he was going to run the team into the ground

That tifo video is absolutely right, name one forward on Chelsea besides Raheem Sterling who was happy

Tuchel needs to go write books on xG and dzsibot and stuff

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

That tifo video is absolutely right, name one forward on Chelsea besides Raheem Sterling who was happy

Mount, Havertz, Auba?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
This liverpool squad looks gassed

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It's the same issue as the last bad season, a series of injuries at one position.

They've got Manchester United disease, where the few actual midfielders they have aren't capable of shielding the defence. They badly need Thiago and Henderson back, and Fabinho to be match fit.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Thiago is just going to get injured again lol. Midfield definitely needs work for sure, keita and thiago are just not reliable. Missing out on Tchouameni sucked, I hope it was because he genuinely preferred RM to liverpool and not because the owners cheaped out on wages.

But the main problem is they look tired all across the pitch, can't blame them after going all the way in every competition last year. They need a break tbh.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

probably the worst possible timing to have a shortened summer break as well

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

mila kunis posted:

Thiago is just going to get injured again lol. Midfield definitely needs work for sure, keita and thiago are just not reliable. Missing out on Tchouameni sucked, I hope it was because he genuinely preferred RM to liverpool and not because the owners cheaped out on wages.

But the main problem is they look tired all across the pitch, can't blame them after going all the way in every competition last year. They need a break tbh.

Trent and Mo should get a nice rest in December at least

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

greazeball posted:

Trent and Mo should get a nice rest in December at least

Hopefully Henderson misses out too

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

tarbrush posted:

Hopefully Henderson misses out too

Can't see Gomez getting picked on current form either.
Colombia didn't qualify so that's a rest for Luisito.
Left side of defence will get the month off.
Thiago hasn't appeared for Spain this year so maybe he'll get a break too.
Milner will get a break. Guinea aren't in either so Keita will get some rest.
Bobby hasn't made an appearance for Brazil this year so maybe he stays home.
Arthur doesn't seem to be a part of the Brazil squad at the moment either.

Matip will go with Cameroon, can't see them getting out of their group really (it'll be Brazil + Serbia probably)
Nunez and Uruguay might make it to the knockouts, their group has South Korea, Portugal and Ghana

Netherlands will probably get to the quarter finals unless their usual meltdown comes earlier than scheduled, they're in the group with Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal and would play England or the USA (or Wales or Iran) in the first knockout, so that's Big Virg playing probably 5 matches.
Konate will be in the mix for France and they're one of the tournament favourites so he'll be busy.
Fabinho is going to be part of the Brazil squad so he'll be knackered after the tournament for sure.

No idea what kind of position we'll be in when the tournament finally arrives, but the players are absolutely struggling at the moment and the central defence isn't going to get a break at all. Other teams have to play the same matches of course and deal with the same issues, but Klopp's got to figure something out soon because the attitude on the pitch is just not there any more.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

greazeball posted:

Guinea aren't in either so Keita will get some rest.

https://twitter.com/fgfofficiel/status/1567489005687554048

He might need it

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

greazeball posted:

Matip will go with Cameroon, can't see them getting out of their group really (it'll be Brazil + Serbia probably)

Matip hasn't played international since 2015.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
dont forget the human cheat code is having december off too

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The only thing that would stop him from scoring would be signing for Chelsea.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

mila kunis posted:

This liverpool squad looks gassed

Supply chain issues with the Chinese research chems needed for klopp-tech

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

hadji murad posted:

The only thing that would stop him from scoring would be signing for Chelsea.

lol

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Matip hasn't played international since 2015.

The one player I didn't look up!!! Hopefully he doesn't get another knock right before the break

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

greazeball posted:

The one player I didn't look up!!! Hopefully he doesn't get another knock right before the break

Ohh he will!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mila kunis posted:

yeah it's brutal. Longest season possible last year, short summer break, etc., means a bunch of injury-prone players pushing their bodies to the limit

theyve stopped responding to the caffeine pills

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Mental that they didn’t buy midfielders in the summer.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Xabi posted:

Mental that they didn’t buy midfielders in the summer.

Yeah. I can understand that Bellingham and Tchouamie are what they felt they needed, but good lord there must have been some form of temporary measure better than Arthur on deadline day

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. I can understand that Bellingham and Tchouamie are what they felt they needed, but good lord there must have been some form of temporary measure better than Arthur on deadline day

Casemiro?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
This was all Pep's master plan: buy all the midfielders until everyone else runs out

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tarbrush posted:

They've got Manchester United disease, where the few actual midfielders they have aren't capable of shielding the defence.

Your defense is also bad.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Lol thinking back to the community shield where a rusty looking Man City hit a bunch of slightly mistimed balls to Haaland that bounced off defenders’ calves while Núñez scored a weird jammy goal, and there was seriously a “City should be panicking / is Núñez better than Haaland” narrative

2 months later and Haaland is on pace for 69 goals and the guy named Darwin headbutted a guy

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Shrapnig posted:

Your defense is also bad.

I think the defense is what it has always been, and that is now completely exposed.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Apparently Brendan Rodgers is the bookies favourite to replace the Queen.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel bad for her but this is a results business and standards have been slipping under her watch for a while now

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
In King Charles' in-tray:

-make Buckingham palace a fortress
-get the subjects back on side
-get prince harry firing again

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Athletic already has an article on the inside details of Tuchel's end at Chelsea, but the line quoted in the tweet is spectacular

https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/1567834757098049537

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

In King Charles' in-tray:

-make Buckingham palace a fortress
-get the subjects back on side
-get prince harry firing again
Delete 50,000 voicemails from Joe Kinnear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah when I turned up at Balmoral I said to her 'what are you doing in my house!' (laughter) nah but seriously, massive respect for what she achieved in the game and it's up to me to live up to the expectations at this football club, I mean country