Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/sabato__n/status/1567367392182915072?s=20&t=bYGpbvFo3QL8AyonF1v75g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also throw Octopath in the trash and give me a Live A Live crossover where we fight O'dio.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

More island workshop brain hurting: is the best option at this point to make Growth Formula tomorrow, and after that set days off until it looks like Spruce Shield and Garnet Rapier are about to hit their peak days (which are hopefully not the same day)?

I think that's best, yeah. Rapiers and Shields look like late peakers, and I think the only thing peaking on cycle 4 that's worth a drat is gonna be Pickled Radish, so I'd set C4 as a rest and cool your heels until that day's data is collected.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
I’m getting into EW hunt trains, pretty fun experience and nice way to cap on weekly tomestones.

Is there any point to doing ShB/SB/etc. hunt trains, other than nuts/seals and achievements? Do they award the level 90 tomestones too? What about S ranks?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Furnaceface posted:

Why stay restricted to the FF universe when you can steal jobs from other Squenix games like Ogre Battle. A Witch job that rains pumpkins and poisons on their foes. :v:

That's funny no matter how hard I press my money into my monitor I can't get this new class.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Nibble posted:

I’m getting into EW hunt trains, pretty fun experience and nice way to cap on weekly tomestones.

Is there any point to doing ShB/SB/etc. hunt trains, other than nuts/seals and achievements? Do they award the level 90 tomestones too? What about S ranks?
Only the latest expansion's hunts award the capped tomestones. ShB hunts award Sacks of Nuts, HW/SB hunts award Centurio Seals, ARR hunts award Allied Seals AND Centurio Seals. All of them award Poetics and the uncapped tomestones.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

ImpAtom posted:

The problem with a double pistol job is that mechanist basically has everything a double pistol job would probably excel at.

Not really, they've removed most the gun stuff by now. You got your 1-2-3, which is just ridiculous missiles and robot turrets and poo poo anyway, Heat Blast, and the 2 OGCDs. Everything else is tools and automatons and stuff, things that make sense for an engineer job but not for one that's literally just "I shoot gun". Current MCH is a massive departure from what it was in Stormblood where the bulk of the job revolved around managing your gun, so I feel like the design space has opened back up.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

I sincerely doubt that the trailer WoL is ever going to fantasia

I dont think theyll change the canon WOL at all but 7.0 would be the perfect excuse to have a new trailer dude with the likely big push to get new people in on the new adventure/direction of the story.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gun Guy (Not A Nerd About It)

The job trainer is just Rostnsthal off the clock and all the quests are just "let's go target shooting"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KoB posted:

I dont think theyll change the canon WOL at all but 7.0 would be the perfect excuse to have a new trailer dude with the likely big push to get new people in on the new adventure/direction of the story.

Put my catgirl in the trailer, squeenix

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Hogama posted:

Only the latest expansion's hunts award the capped tomestones. ShB hunts award Sacks of Nuts, HW/SB hunts award Centurio Seals, ARR hunts award Allied Seals AND Centurio Seals. All of them award Poetics and the uncapped tomestones.

Thanks, so not something I’m really interested in right now unless I need poetics in a hurry. I’m pretty sure I remember there are achievements and mounts for excessive amounts of hunt kills, but I have other things to worry about first.

Speaking of achievements and mounts, I was browsing achievements and noticed the EW equivalent to ShB’s sweet Amaro mount is… a feather headband? :confuoot:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KoB posted:

well of course not that's for the players to change for :10bux:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

YggiDee posted:

Gun-based melee DPS to go with Sage/Gunbreaker/Machinist. Also somehow a gun caster.

You say that as if Gun Mage is not a job that's appeared in a mainline Final Fantasy.

Granted, it was literally Blue Mage With A Gun but I don't see why that would stop them. Excellent reason to introduce an AF with a mandatory unisex boob window, too.

Anyhow, I expect that "no new caster since Stormblood" trumps "Ninjas are lonely in scouting" if we end up only getting 1 dps next expansion. I'm also guessing that the current MSQ storyline will be wrapped up in 6.55, and in 7.0 we're going to the New World and we will get a(nother) New World-themed job. That's a lot more up in the air since there are plenty of other possible directions.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

You could also, if you wanted to, double up on gear/weapons by introducing variant jobs (similar to Scholar/Summoner, but without the shared experience). Say, a tank that uses Dragoon Spear models and dragon powers but for tanking.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
The scouting and not doing double dps are both from semi-recent (as in, during EW lead up interviews). Scouting because Yoshi P said something along the lines of not really considering roles but armor types. Which seemed wild to me at the time but if that isn't just some kind of translation fuckery then scouting has to be next. Double dps was a comment on how it made queueing for things completely miserable for like a month.

As for the healer shortage, yeah it's real and it has been the case since the dust settled on SHB release. Ever since early shb my tank queues have usually taken a minute while my healer queues are almost always instant. Which is the inverse of my role queue experience for the rest of the game prior. While I don't have particularly hard evidence that it's because healers were generally dissatisfied with the healer remakes of shb, healers sure have been complaining non-stop ever since then. To the point that yoshi P has had to field "please make healers fun again" at multiple different Q&A's.

Which if anyone is wondering, his answer to that question is always, to paraphrase "we balance for savage, sorry your dungeons are boring."

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 8, 2022

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Healers are in a difficult situation where a healer being able to meet a certain HPS threshhold is arguably the only (or, at least, most critical) limiting factor on non-Savage/Extreme content completion, and balancing the game around casual content completion means that they therefore have to be relatively simple to mechanically execute on. At the same time, loading them up with a bunch of DPS skills to fill the complexity gap means that the people you're balancing completion around (casual content) are going to get a bunch of skills that they use infrequently, if at all, and which may turn them off of trying to play the job further if they view mastering that as necessary.

I think SGE is a step in the right direction, although Addersting as a mechanic is terribly underwhelming despite understanding what they were going for. Turning it into something more like DNC Feathers (small random chance to gain Addersting off Dosis, or a guaranteed stack when using E. Diagnosis or whatever) would give it some additional complexity without complicating the job too much for casual users.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bad players will be bad regardless. Raising the skill ceiling is good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give me a job where the community has to make Savage level graphs with each new button added.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

KoB posted:

I was re-watching the old trailers the other day and had the thought that they should bring back the Meteor Survivor having his adventuring party, and/or do the Stormblood thing again where multiple jobs get split-focus in the cinematic but have them be separate characters this time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
7.0 trailer should have Meteor sipping fancy drinks on his island while a catgirl gets all the action scenes

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hra Mormo posted:

Speak for yourself, I absolutely wouldn't be a raiding tank main right now if Gunbreaker didn't exist. Getting to play a class you love is important.

On the topic of new classes, I feel like they've been teasing a double pistol job for way too long and it just needs to happen already.

Speaking for myself, none of the tank jobs really speak to me. Gunbreaker is a very solid "ehhh... maybe" for me, because I felt the gunblade as presented in 8 was an incredibly stupid idea (Parasite Eve 2 did a good one where it was just a shotgun with a really big bayonet). Plus my character is RP-focused on magery (And NIN), hence my desire for a mage tank.

Lord_Magmar posted:

As for the healer thing it could also somewhat be that Healer isn't rewarding enough to play outside hard content. Warrior not needing a healer in a dungeon may be funny, but it also means healers don't actually get to really heal easy content with any particularly cool "saved the day" moments.

Much like firefighter arsonists, we have to manufacture our cool day saving by letting the tank die and then Swiftcasting Raise. :getin:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

A mage tank would be a good excuse to bring back the dearly departed wand/shield aesthetic

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There already is a mage tank, it's called blue mage :v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ibblebibble posted:

There already is a mage tank, it's called blue mage :v:

Also Paladin spends half it's rotation casting Mini-Holy into Holy Swords. It even uses the sword as a wand for clemency. It's a mage tank.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The next tank should just be a brawler. Bare knuckle, headbutts, spinning pile drivers, kicks to the shins

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Hey is there a good fishing compendium somewhere? I was reading ff14angler and they were saying that Horizon Event has a 60% chance to get hooked using Stardust, but I caught a grand total of 2 out of like, 25 casts. Or am I reading the site wrong?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

S.J. posted:

The next tank should just be a brawler. Bare knuckle, headbutts, spinning pile drivers, kicks to the shins

Kiryu Beast Mode tank.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It should be Monk II.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

TopHatGenius posted:

Kiryu Beast Mode tank.

pick the boss up and spin him around by the legs before throwing him into the add phase, instantly killing them

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Zeruel posted:

Hey is there a good fishing compendium somewhere? I was reading ff14angler and they were saying that Horizon Event has a 60% chance to get hooked using Stardust, but I caught a grand total of 2 out of like, 25 casts. Or am I reading the site wrong?

I think it means 60% of people who have reported catching it were using Stardust.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hell im smoking it when im video game fishing

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

new caster weaves spells with varying effects via a bunch of instants a la ninja's mudras. gets big finishers by a streak system like monk. highest apm in the game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Andrew Verse posted:

I think it means 60% of people who have reported catching it were using Stardust.

I'll assume this "stardust" is actually something else, but all I can picture is people using the classic BLM Staff as a fishing pole.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zeruel posted:

FF14angler is kinda out of date IMO, I prefer Teamcraft to look at fishing rates.

Also sometimes RNG just fucks you over.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
If I were to make a guess as to what the next Limited Job were to be, there aren't many FF-centric sources to pull from, and if they were to make anything new, it would likely become the basis for a regular class instead of a limited job.

I think the basis for thinking Beastmaster would be the next limited job was on the backs of Bozja still being new, but Matsuno's influence on the team is much less now. Besides, anything relating to borrowing moves from monsters would be too close to the already-extant Blue Mage stuff.

If I were to make any suggestions of my own for a limited job to make Blue Mage feel less lonely, their best bet remaining might be to pull from FF13 and get something that can Paradigm Shift mid-fight, changing if they are a tank, DPS, or healer as part of a long rotation. That's the type of thing which might be safe to do for old and non-current content. ... but relying on FF13 and its associated nonsense might be a thorny proposition in itself.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
my favorite idea for a limited job is Azem, where all your powers are summoning NPCs

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
you try to change jobs but it's stuck at level 0 without a mainhand

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The next limited job is going to be inspired by Cid from FFTA, and you’ll need to balance your “crowd control card” resource with your “disappoint your omnipotent son” resource.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Morroque posted:

I think the basis for thinking Beastmaster would be the next limited job was on the backs of Bozja still being new, but Matsuno's influence on the team is much less now. Besides, anything relating to borrowing moves from monsters would be too close to the already-extant Blue Mage stuff.

Eh, the original cause for everyone jumping on beastmaster is that way back when he was asked what other jobs he thought might make good limited jobs and he said beastmaster and puppetmaster would be good ones maybe. That was back around blu's launch. The bozja stuff has definitely lent credence to it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Roach Warehouse posted:

The next limited job is going to be inspired by Cid from FFTA, and you’ll need to balance your “crowd control card” resource with your “disappoint your omnipotent son” resource.

only if we get the giant circular sword too. :colbert: