Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I have come to understand that no matter how low the bar seems to be, there is an executive or producer able to limbo under it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Star Trek: Chakotay

Which inexplicably ends up being the best written and produced Trek since TNG. Robert Beltran wins awards for his performance, including a Tony for some reason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Robert Beltran was not the problem with Chakotay

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Star Trek Babies, featuring Paris and Janeway’s lizard offspring

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

zoux posted:

What would be the worst thing they could announce

Neelix: The Next Generation

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Astroman posted:

Neelix: The Next Generation

Star Trek: The Neelixt Generation.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
DDR: Neelix

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Neelix in the decontamination chamber from Enterprise

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I preordered the phaser gently caress it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You all joke, but Ethan Phillips is pretty drat great in the hands of good comedy writers. Neelix showing up on Lower Decks or Prodigy could actually be really funny.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its kind of bullshit that we got the episode Attached in the 7th season and they never follow up on Picard and Crusher's feelings for each other later on.

Maybe in the new series.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hollismason posted:

Its kind of bullshit that we got the episode Attached in the 7th season and they never follow up on Picard and Crusher's feelings for each other later on.

Maybe in the new series.

Too late Picard loves his Romulan housekeeper who might be a time traveling secret agent or whatever the gently caress was going on in s2.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Eimi posted:

Too late Picard loves his Romulan housekeeper who might be a time traveling secret agent or whatever the gently caress was going on in s2.

They've strongly hinted she's getting the boot early in Season 3 like the rest of the cast to make room for the TNG fogies, so Picard/Crusher is back on the menu folks!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

They've strongly hinted she's getting the boot early in Season 3 like the rest of the cast to make room for the TNG fogies, so Picard/Crusher is back on the menu folks!

"I must go now, the Supervisors need me."

LARIS DIED ON THE WAY TO THE TRAVELLER HOME PLANET

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

It's the 25th century or whatever, I'm sure they can just form a polycule and call it a day

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’d bet a small amount of money they roped Eric Menyuk back in as The Traveler for Picard S3.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

You all joke, but Ethan Phillips is pretty drat great in the hands of good comedy writers. Neelix showing up on Lower Decks or Prodigy could actually be really funny.

I absolutely expect him to show up in Prodigy, they put in a few details indicating the ship is currently in the area of space of Voyager season 7 so he's right there.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 8, 2022

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Star Trek: Quark, a Cheers like sitcom set in Quark's bar.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Everyone remembers Kirk's iconic catchphrase, 'The Starship is Landing', right?!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

V-Men posted:

They asked for bad ideas.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Angry Salami posted:

Everyone remembers Kirk's iconic catchphrase, 'The Starship is Landing', right?!

This feels like I'm being programmed.

The Starship is Landing

The Starship is Landing

The Starship is Landing

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Angry Salami posted:

I too was absolutely baffled by this email, to the point where I had to google whether they’d suddenly announced some new show called Star Trek: Starship.

I do not get it at all :psyduck:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

This is my first time taking note of that phrase. When did he say it? Did he ever say it? :psyduck:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*me poking my head into the break room* hey guys? The Starship is Landing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
What does God need with a landing starship?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/trekcore/status/1567671194597425153

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's probably a Star Trek Day thing that got out early by accident?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I liked it when voyager would land

Nngh here's some feet I guess, boom landed

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It always looked funny because the design was so front-heavy and it balanced on these little crab claws at the back barely not tipping over.

The Defiant could land and it did in one episode but they just didn't show it to us. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MikeJF posted:

It always looked funny because the design was so front-heavy and it balanced on these little crab claws at the back barely not tipping over.

Mass Effect fields keeping it up

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This kinda shot made me think, drat, how chill would it be to have your lunch out on the aft shuttlebay deck while the ship is undergoing repairs on an alien world?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

God that shot blew my mind watching Generations in the cinema. It was the Enterprise-D, looking nothing like it had in the show, yet exactly the same, and looked so drat real.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

I liked it when voyager would land

Nngh here's some feet I guess, boom landed

Seems like a good way for your entire ship and crew to get copied by a memetic alloy lifeform, sending them on a doomed journey back to a falsely remembered home. IMO.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Angry Salami posted:

Maybe they're finally gonna build it in Vegas

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
My wish for Star Trek Day is that the monkey’s paw that some trek nerd wished for more Trek 10 years ago will have run out of fingers.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

jeeves posted:

My wish for Star Trek Day is that the monkey’s paw that some trek nerd wished for more Trek 10 years ago will have run out of fingers.

Alas, it is a Talarian monkey's paw and those fuckers have so many fingers, it's not funny.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

jeeves posted:

3/5 is a passing grade, I say let's go, monkey!

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I was just suddenly hit with the recollection that the Big Giant Head from Third Rock from the Sun was played by William Shatner. I posted this memory here because where else?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

V-Men posted:

I'd unironically watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

It's probably a Star Trek Day thing that got out early by accident?

It feels like something that got run through Google translate a few times