Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

The BBC have decided to stop their minutes by minute of the Europa League games for some reason. It's what she would have wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

The BBC have decided to stop their minutes by minute of the Europa League games for some reason. It's what she would have wanted

It's bloody annoying and a mere foreshadowing of the maudlin bullshit about to rain down on us

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Thankfully the queen had the kindness to die at half time so Arsenal’s Europa league game on BT Sport hasn’t been interrupted.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

How come the British rags have not come up with " a boot in the tuchis for Tuchel"? Shame!

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Is this the best photo they could come up with? Lol

He looks like that drat movie star, what's his name.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the Queen was so shocked that Graham Potter was appointed Chelsea boss that she died

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

tarbrush posted:

It's bloody annoying and a mere foreshadowing of the maudlin bullshit about to rain down on us

I can't be doing with it. If they cancel the weekends games I'll be livid. Can they not just cancel oval office sports like polo and show jumping and leave us with our brief glimpses of happiness

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I can't be doing with it. If they cancel the weekends games I'll be livid. Can they not just cancel oval office sports like polo and show jumping and leave us with our brief glimpses of happiness

No. Be sad for the death of the Queen, and be grateful that the energy cap is now only £2500.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Queen dying giving liverpool an extra 2 weeks of injury recovery time is peak Premier League Plot Armor

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Now it must be done. Get that World Cup trophy home

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Slotducks posted:

Queen dying giving liverpool an extra 2 weeks of injury recovery time is peak Premier League Plot Armor

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Woodenlung posted:

Now it must be done. Get that World Cup trophy home

How am I doing Mum?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Slotducks posted:

Not going to lie, I’ve been thinking this might be perfect timing.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

tarbrush posted:

quote:

For at least 12 days — between her passing, the funeral and beyond — Britain will grind to a halt. It'll cost the British economy billions in lost earnings. The stock markets and banks will close for an indefinite period. And both the funeral and the subsequent coronation will become formal national holidays, each with an estimated economic hit to GDP of between £1.2 and £6 billion, to say nothing of organizational costs.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I mean the countries hosed anyway, a grand state funeral putting the nail in would be appropriate.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Can't believe y'all barely survived Brexit only to be undone by Quexit

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Xabi posted:

Not going to lie, I’ve been thinking this might be perfect timing.

We're still going to be garbage afterwards, so don't get your hopes up.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Mr. Mambold posted:

He looks like that drat movie star, what's his name.

Tim Blake Nelson?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I will laugh if the PL is postponed two weeks but the CL, Uefa Cup and all that just keep on trucking

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

We're still going to be garbage afterwards, so don't get your hopes up.

But it'll be first team garbage! :allears:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Where the absolute gently caress are they going to squeeze those 3-4 rounds in then? The schedule is turbo hosed as it is

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TheRat posted:

Where the absolute gently caress are they going to squeeze those 3-4 rounds in then? The schedule is turbo hosed as it is

double headers like baseball? heh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
End the league now. Liz would have wanted to see the arteta rebuild completed

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Maybe they should just tack those games on at the end of the season tbh.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

TheRat posted:

Let's ask Jürgen

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Brighton's following match has also been cancelled so we wouldn't have a game for a month. Not the worst thing in the world considering.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 8, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Probably a bad idea to cancel the football if you don't want the general public to dislike the monarchy even more

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

quote:

The EFL has announced Friday's fixtures - Burnley vs Norwich and Tranmere vs Stockport - have been postponed as a mark of respect for Queen Elizabeth II. A decision on the weekend's games will be made on Friday morning, following discussion with the Department for Culture, Media & Sport.

They're going to cancel them, don't tease.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

T Bowl posted:

They're going to cancel them, don't tease.

as if we needed another reason to abolish the monarchy

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Null and void the entire season. It’s the only respectable thing to do.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

trem_two posted:

Tim Blake Nelson?

"Mister, some a yer folding money has come unstowed."

No, maybe I was thinking of Hugh Laurie. A guy who's not a pretty face, but who commands something

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

T Bowl posted:

quote:

For at least 12 days — between her passing, the funeral and beyond — Britain will grind to a halt. It'll cost the British economy billions in lost earnings. The stock markets and banks will close for an indefinite period. And both the funeral and the subsequent coronation will become formal national holidays, each with an estimated economic hit to GDP of between £1.2 and £6 billion, to say nothing of organizational costs.

Just spitballin' a doublepost here, but why don't they do a quickie cremation, create a new series of PL game balls with her face on them and put some ashes in each one to properly

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Xabi posted:

Null and void the entire season. It’s the only respectable thing to do.

Nah. Just end it where it is now.

She was a gooner. It's literally what she would have wanted.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Masonity posted:

There’s twenty years of appalling photoshops that say different

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Masonity posted:

Supported by the future King, Prince William, as it keeps Aston Villa out of the relegation zone.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
tragic timing. old firm derby would've been incredible if she'd kicked it a week ago

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Masonity posted:

Worse Goondr, Queen Elizabeth or Osama bin Laden

Answer: Piers Morgan

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Slotducks posted:

pour one out for her, she finally did something useful

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Masonity posted:

Relegate Arsenal out of principle

Blinkz0rz fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 9, 2022

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I think I'd take a title for a season in the championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

Just spitballin' a doublepost here, but why don't they do a quickie cremation, create a new series of PL game balls with her face on them and put some ashes in each one to properly
Put her ashes in the referee whistles and every time they blow for a foul it's like a little peep of remembrance.