Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Nothingtoseehere posted:

The queen, unlike most politicians, has not been actively evil to the population of the UK. She's been born into a rotting edifice of aristocracy, and acted accordingly to those rules and norms while a procession of cunts came and went, at worse being a racist and protective grandma. I'd be much more willing to celebrate the demise of the current government over the queen.

Pretend I could be bothered to go back and find that Independent headline about her wanting money from funds for vulnerable people to heat her castle

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jedit posted:

Good job Andrew wasn't in charge, or that wouldn't be possible.

Here's a wildly amusing thought for you: if Truss pushes the next GE as far out as she can and then wins it, there's a very real chance that she'd become the first Prime Minister to serve three monarchs.

Stanley Baldwin did I think? George V, Edward VIII, George VI. All within the same year due to abdication, but still

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I am genuinely so annoyed that they're cancelling all this weekends football. What on earth does it achieve?!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jedit posted:

Good job Andrew wasn't in charge, or that wouldn't be possible.

Here's a wildly amusing thought for you: if Truss pushes the next GE as far out as she can and then wins it, there's a very real chance that she'd become the first Prime Minister to serve three monarchs.

What's the situation where this happens? Charles dies suddenly, or is there some reason he may abdicate?

Stupid, unwashed American asking here.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

The Perfect Element posted:

I am genuinely so annoyed that they're cancelling all this weekends football. What on earth does it achieve?!

at least ronaldo lost

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Maybe this time they will use the Wembley for a lasagna

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

New thread title

though the current one is also gold

it got better https://twitter.com/goddammitsarah/status/1567980471476436994

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The poshos are going to be miserable so the rest of us have to be too

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Britons are one of the few peoples more disgusting and cloying than Americans.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/mckinneytweets/status/1567991593520734209?s=46&t=nAjUHMksD9CeqdPcBK6r5g

Good news: all crises are paused!

Between this and the unions postponing strike action people are so hosed

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
my team lead at work is a very british person and let's just say I'm quite pleased at being stuck at home with a sick kid tomorrow instead of having to come in

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1567989364902318081

(please don't close our tax loophole)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
X-posting from the Irish thread, because

Song of the summer

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Niric posted:

Stanley Baldwin did I think? George V, Edward VIII, George VI. All within the same year due to abdication, but still

You're right - it didn't quite line up when I checked but I forgot that Baldwin served three times as PM, under George V in the 20s and Edward and George VI in 1936.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Answers Me posted:

https://twitter.com/mckinneytweets/status/1567991593520734209?s=46&t=nAjUHMksD9CeqdPcBK6r5g

Good news: all crises are paused!

Between this and the unions postponing strike action people are so hosed

10 loving hours of tributes? if I was an MP I'd be hoping like hell to get sacked before noon tomorrow

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
anyone got nudes of the queen

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

10 loving hours of tributes?
Oouuhhh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Johnson would be having a massive pissup in No .11 right now. I imagine the current party atmosphere there is a lot...drier

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
she absolutely held on just to ake sure boris wasnt pm when she died, out of spite. i hate to say it but i respect it

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I'd watch a 10 hour Queen tribute but not for that one

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
loving me off that they're holding the funeral on the Sunday, what's the point of all this shite if we don't get a day off?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Nothingtoseehere posted:

The queen, unlike most politicians, has not been actively evil to the population of the UK. She's been born into a rotting edifice of aristocracy, and acted accordingly to those rules and norms while a procession of cunts came and went, at worse being a racist and protective grandma. I'd be much more willing to celebrate the demise of the current government over the queen.

Some of the people of Northern Ireland might not agree with this statement.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
You can just guess the queen's done evil poo poo off the back of her being old, English, and rich. Her being morally neutral would be a statistical anomaly.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Vagabong posted:

You can just guess the queen's done evil poo poo off the back of her being old, English, and rich. Her being morally neutral would be a statistical anomaly.

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1567921745105145859

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
And let's not forget, one of the country's largest landlords.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Question IRL posted:

Some of the people of Northern Ireland might not agree with this statement.
She did at least say that one of her life's goals was peace for Ireland, which is just about different to her past 80 grandas who all said they wanted to pacify Ireland.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

X-posting from the Irish thread, because

Song of the summer

The replies to this are pretty stellar

https://twitter.com/SlayerRules_420/status/1567983138516729858?t=SvzkytWk8Z7al0r5RFFOEQ&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like the queen's image as morally neutral is probably more an artefact of good public relations rather than reality.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

For people wondering how long Charles will reign, here's a picture of his hands.
(You can google it on Images; multiple news stories.)

How many deaths does it take before even monarchists aren't sentimental about the monarchy?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

bump_fn posted:

she absolutely held on just to ake sure boris wasnt pm when she died, out of spite. i hate to say it but i respect it

The Reverse RBG.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Arsenic Lupin posted:

For people wondering how long Charles will reign, here's a picture of his hands.

He selflessly cuts his fingers off every morning so that his subjects can enjoy traditional richmond thick sausage baps for breakfast. Google 'sacrifice' b4 you judge

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
He's had that condition for 30 years. Hasn't killed him yet.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what's not to love :heysexy:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Arsenic Lupin posted:

(You can google it on Images; multiple news stories.)

How many deaths does it take before even monarchists aren't sentimental about the monarchy?

“Dactylitis can be associated with all of the spondyloarthropathies, including IBD-related inflammatory polyarthritis and reactive arthritis, but it’s most commonly with psoriatic arthritis,” says Mona Indrees, MD, a rheumatologist at AnMed Health in South Carolina. “Dactylitis can also be seen in other conditions such as sickle cell disease, gout, sarcoidosis, TB, and syphilis.”

:thunk:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Insane beyond words to see Sarah, a chick I have known since we were teens posting on a Final Fantasy forum, is now Internet famous enough to be posted here. How times have changed since SA was raiding us...

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If you're not a monarchist pray for a good long run for Chuck. People actually like William (the public image of) and having Buggerlugs wandering around sticking his nose into politics is going to break up the image of Royal neutrality in a way you'd never get from Liz no matter how many tax dodge leaks hit her.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
So is the stuff about energy bills announced already actually in effect, or does it need to now wait til after the funeral is done and the september recess to gently caress people even more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1567938982922649600

https://twitter.com/TrueCrazyFrog/status/1567931258134568964

What is the point of twitter

Convex fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 9, 2022