Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm already in the habit of calling him Chucky, with the bonus that it brings to mind the concept of indiscriminate bloodshed.

Cheggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

He's had it for a decade or more. The type of heart/kidney failure that would lead to your hands swelling would rapidly render you unfit for very much (including living). It's probably arthritis.

Operation Sausage Rolls.

So you're saying he should have gone with King Gregg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

happyhippy posted:

I thought you needed a TV licence even if you just use the internet in the UK?

You need a TV license to watch livestreams I think.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

'tribute walk for the queen' is definitely going to need some very cautious spell checking at every stage

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

so much going on in one photo

So was Corbyn invited and snubbed it, or not invited?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/Loudbasket/status/1568607248410107909

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Starmer looks in disgust at those to his left. Stopped clock.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Halisnacks posted:

So was Corbyn invited and snubbed it, or not invited?

He wasn't the prime minister. Dunno why starmer there, I guess current leader of opposition counts

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Enjoying everyone turning on Cheggers already because of his appallingly entitled behaviour over his inkwells

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NoneMoreNegative posted:

One Of These Things (Is Not Like The Others)
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

He wasn't the prime minister. Dunno why starmer there, I guess current leader of opposition counts

Corbs is still a Member of the Privy Council, since it's an appointment for life and he was made a member as LOTO. Same goes for Diane Abbott as (former) Shadow Home Secretary. As I understand it the accession council is meant to be a full meeting of the Privy Council plus the various religious, judicial and military representatives, so JC was probably entitled to be there. But there are over 700 members, a good chunk of whom are based in Commonwealth countries and in any case not all of them could fit into the state rooms at the palace. So it's probably a curated list of invites for 'senior' members (ministers, former PMs, current LOTO and DLOTO and so on). But then I spotted Peter Mandleson in the crowd, so who knows on what grounds he was chosen!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh christ is that vision of the crypt between Starmer and Johnson Gordon Brown

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

BalloonFish posted:

Corbs is still a Member of the Privy Council, since it's an appointment for life and he was made a member as LOTO. Same goes for Diane Abbott as (former) Shadow Home Secretary. As I understand it the accession council is meant to be a full meeting of the Privy Council plus the various religious, judicial and military representatives, so JC was probably entitled to be there. But there are over 700 members, a good chunk of whom are based in Commonwealth countries and in any case not all of them could fit into the state rooms at the palace. So it's probably a curated list of invites for 'senior' members (ministers, former PMs, current LOTO and DLOTO and so on). But then I spotted Peter Mandleson in the crowd, so who knows on what grounds he was chosen!

No one has learned the secret signs and wards to keep Mandelson out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BalloonFish posted:

But then I spotted Peter Mandleson in the crowd, so who knows on what grounds he was chosen!

Mutual friendships with the family.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

BalloonFish posted:

Well maybe he was there but that isn't a lineup of the privy council, it's the ex prime minister's. And starmer

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Miliband and Kinnock are also there.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Well maybe he was there but that isn't a lineup of the privy council, it's the ex prime minister's. And starmer

Who do you think the other people in the room are then? Harold Wilson? Andrew Bonar Law?

Alex Salmond, Pat McFadden, Alistair Carmichael, Peter Mandelson are all Privy Council members. I hadn't realised Desmond Swayne was, apparently purely for being David Cameron's PPS. drat, the bar is pretty loving low

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 10, 2022

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Clegg was there too lol

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

OwlFancier posted:

You need a TV license to watch livestreams I think.

You don't, to watch your favourite streamer anyway. They use the fact that this is badly defined to make people think they need one though.

Cunts.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/do-i-need-a-tv-licence-twitch-youtube-live/

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Funeral and bank holiday next Monday (19th) apparently

God bless 'er

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a tune for the bonus bank holiday mates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1ct5yEuVY

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Who do you think the other people in the room are then? Harold Wilson? Andrew Bonar Law?

Line up not room but whatever

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Mega Comrade posted:

Welsh football? Now you're just making things up.

no you definitely do, it reminds you of it sometimes and they are getting more aggressive getting you to sign in. It's turned off atm though due to events.

One thing I'm completely unsure about is sky news on YouTube.

Watching YouTube
You don’t need a TV Licence to watch videos or clips on demand on YouTube.

But you DO need a TV Licence if you watch TV programmes live on YouTube. An example of this would be watching Sky News live. But it isn’t just live news or sport which needs a licence – it’s any programme which is part of a TV channel, broadcast or transmitted for everyone to watch at the same time.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Go easy on the poor woman, she's probably still sore from celebrating the leadership election.

Dactylitis from psoriatic arthritis, according to a reddit thread, but that doesn't seem consistent with a quick image search - it's too consistent across every joint. Same with edema. Even gout, it's very unusual to see the swelling so consistent across both hands.

Also in Finland they apparently have a type of sausage called prinssinakki which translates to something like 'prince fingers' or 'prince jacket' in the sense of a thick covering.

You can get fairly widespread dactylis but I would be surprised if he did have psoriatic arthritis specifically as well - there are plenty of pretty effective treatments for it and I would expect the Crown Prince to be doped to the gills since unchecked psoriatic arthritis melts your joints.

sebzilla posted:

Funeral and bank holiday next Monday (19th) apparently

God bless 'er

This is definitely not going to gently caress up a lot of people's lifesaving operations and treatments as hospitals go into bank holiday protocols, no siree...

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

So like, the bank holiday is gonna be taken out of your standard yearly holiday allowance, right? So it's not an "extra day off" it's just "now you have one less day of holiday you can take when you want", right?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm busy at work that week so I don't get it off anyway, I just get to cram it into four days, they better not close the bloody stores.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

For shits and giggles, my current abode https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g503776-d584856-Reviews-or10-The_Beeches-Clacton_on_Sea_Essex_England.html

Come and join me, its great (for depression)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Z the IVth posted:

You can get fairly widespread dactylis but I would be surprised if he did have psoriatic arthritis specifically as well - there are plenty of pretty effective treatments for it and I would expect the Crown Prince to be doped to the gills since unchecked psoriatic arthritis melts your joints.

Isn't the dude a fan of homeopathy? I wouldn't be surprised if whatever illnesses he got went untreated for longer than normal (source: my mum, also a firm believer in homeopathy baffled by how her conditions keep on getting worse)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

WhatEvil posted:

So like, the bank holiday is gonna be taken out of your standard yearly holiday allowance, right? So it's not an "extra day off" it's just "now you have one less day of holiday you can take when you want", right?

the platty joobs was an additional bank holiday so I assume the funeral will be one too

Rupert of Hentzau
Nov 23, 2005
Victim of gross furniture discourtesy.

WhatEvil posted:

this sounded so unbelievably stupid that I had to go and double check but it appears to be true.

The Guardian posted:

The government confirmed the day would work in the same way as other bank holidays, and that there would be no statutory entitlement to time off, with employers able to include it as part of a worker’s leave entitlement.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Another angle that seems to show Red Ed was there. So why not Corbs?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

I'm busy at work that week so I don't get it off anyway, I just get to cram it into four days, they better not close the bloody stores.

Pretty much up to your employer if they include it in your leave allowance or give it to you as a benny. My current employer (and the NHS) gives bank holidays, but until recently my current employer split gave half the bank holidays and the other half were in your leave allowance if you were a newbie (i.e. a starting employee got 24 days + bank holidays, which brought us up to the statuatory 28 days + the extra BHs). Now everyone gets 30 days + BH regardless of length of time at the company, which is quite nice.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I imagine he had better things to do than hang out with that lot.

Such as repeatedly slamming your dick in a door.

Angrymog posted:

Pretty much up to your employer if they include it in your leave allowance or give it to you as a benny. My current employer (and the NHS) gives bank holidays, but until recently my current employer split gave half the bank holidays and the other half were in your leave allowance if you were a newbie (i.e. a starting employee got 24 days + bank holidays, which brought us up to the statuatory 28 days + the extra BHs). Now everyone gets 30 days + BH regardless of length of time at the company, which is quite nice.

We get to decide whether or not we take BHs but I get the same amount of work to do regardless, so it's not really any different from any other day except everything runs on funny hours.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Mega Comrade posted:

Welsh football? Now you're just making things up.

no you definitely do, it reminds you of it sometimes and they are getting more aggressive getting you to sign in. It's turned off atm though due to events.

One thing I'm completely unsure about is sky news on YouTube.

I'm curious if I should have one if I watch TV for genuine technical reasons during WFH for a major broadcaster - I expect they definitely have a business license and nobody said anything (&they also offer tv/isp to us for free, which I don't use because I don't want them looking at my Internet use) but it does make me a bit nervous. Maybe I should ask, but not sure who.

e: Also I'm afraid the answer at lower management levels would be "are we not paying you enough" and result only in manager annoyance, but they definitely either have a business licence or are exempt somehow.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 10, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/LillianaFuture/status/1568052439147810819?t=9iiS9ATaHKWKEQixI-hbZg&s=19

gently caress it yeah. This is true, might as well be.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
the semen necklace is most likely coral from the replies but the day collar is impossible to disprove so i'm definitely deciding to keep believing in it

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Rupert of Hentzau posted:

this sounded so unbelievably stupid that I had to go and double check but it appears to be true.

I'm glad im disabled sometimes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Another angle that seems to show Red Ed was there. So why not Corbs?

A quick skim of the press seems to have a consensus of "gently caress if we know", with an outside pre council take of "what if Corbyn derails the normally ceremonial accession :ohdear:"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

A quick skim of the press seems to have a consensus of "gently caress if we know", with an outside pre council take of "what if Corbyn derails the normally ceremonial accession :ohdear:"
I mean there's no right answer - if he declined to go he'd be a monster, and if he went as so much as dared to crack a smile he'd be a monster. Weirdly not being invited seems to have been the best outcome for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean there's no right answer - if he declined to go he'd be a monster, and if he went as so much as dared to crack a smile he'd be a monster. Weirdly not being invited seems to have been the best outcome for him.

I think he would have been invited in the full expectation that he would decline.
Funnily enough, I can imagine him getting on with Brenda on a personal level but not Bonnie Prince Charlie.