Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Josh Lyman posted:

Is there a goon Discord or anything for D3? There's basically nobody in the in-game LLJK chat.

https://discord.gg/qrRd5Due

Edit: Beaten but ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Double post, but I just hit rank 11 on the No-Set Crusader leaderboard. I don't think I've ever been on a first page ever before. Feels good, even if half of it is because no one else is playing this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It’s a good season for pushing solo leaderboards since absolutely no one is playing off-meta. I slapped together a DMOrb set just to try out the new crucible effect and hit Top 5 NA with a GR125 clear.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's the third weekend of the season.

The high paragon crowd will flood those off-meta leaderboards with whatever their side projects are soon enough

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Alright, who stole all the Ambos' and Bands of Might from my WW barb's loot table? Give them back.

Please :smith:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Star Man posted:

The high paragon crowd will flood those off-meta leaderboards with whatever their side projects are soon enough

Yeah if you're grinding paragon and keep every perfect roll/primal drop you get regardless of what build it's for, you'll end up with one or two off meta drat near perfect load outs by end of season.

And now that there are leaderboards for those things people will absolutely parachute to the top of the LB by end of season.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, I don't expect to stay where I am, I get that. It's still fun to see my name there though.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

Yeah, I don't expect to stay where I am, I get that. It's still fun to see my name there though.

I get it, opening weekends I usually get anywhere from top 300 to top 10 on the overall leaderboard just depending on my luck and time. I then watch as I slowly decay entirely off the LB until the end of the season where I might still have some effort in me to get back on it at like 950 tops.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Missionary Positron posted:

Alright, who stole all the Ambos' and Bands of Might from my WW barb's loot table? Give them back.

I got all of the Bands Of Might, sorry.

If you just want one to Cube, make a throwaway Level 1 Barbarian and upgrade Rings. You have a 50/50 chance of getting that or a Leoric ring. I did that, got my level 11 BOM, cubed it, and then the game started raining them on me.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mind over Matter posted:

It is nice to see it no matter what though

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Kheldarn posted:

If you just want one to Cube, make a throwaway Level 1 Barbarian and upgrade Rings. You have a 50/50 chance of getting that or a Leoric ring.

Ya just do this

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Actually, turns out that complaining on the internet works! Got an Ambo AND a Band of Might in short succession after posting :toot:.

Pretty massive QoL upgrade, goddamn.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah they are both build-defining parts. Grats

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Missionary Positron posted:

oh what the gently caress is this what I was supposed to be using with that set I complained about earlier?

ffs I put Whirlwind and Rend on my action bar and went "man this build is gonna feel too clunky to play, i'm gonna try out some other class"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If something feels too awkward to play then chances are you're missing some critical piece or CDR breakpoint that smoothes over everything. Unless it's Roland's of course, that will always feel off.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Huh weird. I was looking around the No Six PIece Set leaderboards on EU and noticed that the top two spaces on the Demon Hunter are just Shadow set impale DHs. No other class has something like this.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Star Man posted:

I will never understand how blizz doesn't just blanket ban all these people with 100% uptime on their stats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6K_zapwKH4

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I don't really get what drives these dudes to even bother at this point, like sure it's some E-Dick points, but only a small crowd actually cares that much anymore in a ten year old game, especially since the people still playing already know that the top guys are cheating.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's incredible to me that people bother to cheat on switch to flood the leader boards with 150 3 minute clears

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's incredible to me that people bother to cheat on switch to flood the leader boards with 150 3 minute clears

Did they kick the 4 second ones off?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
no there's probably a lot of those I just don't actually check anymore because whats the point

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

After avarice and the 20m boss run, is the L45 greater rift the easiest third conquest? Are there recommended builds for that for barb or sorc?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

After avarice and the 20m boss run, is the L45 greater rift the easiest third conquest? Are there recommended builds for that for barb or sorc?

In my opinion, that's the easiest of the three. Just throw on all the ancients you have. You should be able to do a level 45. If you have any that go together even better, but I don't think that's even necessary.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Hmm, I want to run something LoD since I haven't in a while and have it not be Wizard. What should I build next?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Level up the lod gem to like 40-50, put on a bunch of ancients, and go hog wild. An ability-defining orange text leggo can't hurt either.

Just be aware it won't count if you have any set pieces on. No green items anywhere!

Necro has an easy time with death nova leggos.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mustached Demon posted:

Level up the lod gem to like 40-50, put on a bunch of ancients, and go hog wild. An ability-defining orange text leggo can't hurt either.

Just be aware it won't count if you have any set pieces on. No green items anywhere!

Necro has an easy time with death nova leggos.

With all the power creep and them not updating the conquests you probably don't even need the gem equipped.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Jusupov posted:

With all the power creep and them not updating the conquests you probably don't even need the gem equipped.

Can confirm. Take whatever build you normally run and keep the ancients that buff whatever skill and then toss in some other junk ones. It'll be fine.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Pvt. Public posted:

Hmm, I want to run something LoD since I haven't in a while and have it not be Wizard. What should I build next?

I started this guy up as my secondary character this season and it’s been a lot of fun smashing stuff; especially if you pop a level 25 Gem of Ease into the free Hammer of the Ancients Primal you can make at level 1 from turning a 2H Mighty Weapon into a Gavel of Judgment in the cube. Leveling was super fast and it plays as a sort of silly whack-a-mole character.

https://d3.maxroll.gg/guides/lod-hota-barbarian-guide

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Did some two man grift pushing for the first time in years and it was pretty fun. Zbarb and DPS is a good formula and it doesn't take that much to get together. First time clearing a 130 and I could potentially see us hitting 140 with some favorable drops, good mobs and maps. Crucibles are the poo poo, they should keep that going forward--that free primal is such a big difference.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All any of you have to do if you're trying to get the Thrill conquest is look at the no six-piece set leaderboard and copy that build. Just half rear end it and replace any set items with whatever crafted legendary or something else and you'll be fine. You don't even have to use Legacy of Dreams.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Can you use the sanctified items with it? Because if so there's no way not to make it

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

RodShaft posted:

Can you use the sanctified items with it? Because if so there's no way not to make it

As long as it's not originally a set item. Nothing green allowed.

The gem's just to make it face-roll easy.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Honestly, the hardest part of The Thrill nowadays is remembering to save a legendary for enough slots so that you don't have to scramble to get something together when you decide you want to do a conquest.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

If your LoD gem is near max and you have a couple good legendary powers for a chosen skill, I strongly suspect you could do it with half your slots empty.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bio347 posted:

Honestly, the hardest part of The Thrill nowadays is remembering to save a legendary for enough slots so that you don't have to scramble to get something together when you decide you want to do a conquest.

I made the Blessed Shield LOD build and substituted Blackthorne's Leggings with Skeldon's Deceit, the crafted legenday pants.

Seriously, you just need whatever defines the build. You all are overthinking it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The hardest of the 3 *easiest* conquests is def boss rush and even then that's not so bad. I used my tal rasha meteor wiz with non stop teleport, finished in 15 min.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
There are several classes at this point you could probably clear The Thrill completely naked with just cube powers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Thrill was a conquest before LoD even existed and has only gotten easier with time. Important distinction is that unlike LoD, it won’t count if you have any *set items* equipped whatsoever, rather than set bonuses.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Thanks for the advice everyone, it really was that easy. A few levels into legacy of dreams and I got my zombie dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I think the game is trying to tell me something.

Edit: and I'm going to listen. So apparently I'm building a Marauders set. Do the skeletons or the shadow clones from ashbringer, golden gorget of leoric, or haunt of vaxo count towards your damage reduction for Zoeys secret? How about naggle ring or puzzle ring?

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 11, 2022