Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

From his Wikipedia: “Vinladen has a brother named Sadam Huseín, the Spanish spelling of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, and his sister would have been called George Bush if she were a boy.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

From his Wikipedia: “Vinladen has a brother named Sadam Huseín, the Spanish spelling of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, and his sister would have been called George Bush if she were a boy.”

Did they name her Imelda Marcos instead?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Eric Cantonese posted:

Pol Pot

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Probably went with Margaret

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

When life is a sitcom. Sadam you're grounded! Vinladen, get in the toolshed. You've got an appointment with Doctor Spanky!

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
i've been scrolling the twitter likes of my favorite bench player and let me tell you, ive got some bad news

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

EC10 posted:

i've been scrolling the twitter likes of my favorite bench player and let me tell you, ive got some bad news

You don’t even need to, there are hundreds of YouTube content creator and podcast nerds that do it for you.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Watched cricket for the first time in years instead. Thanks liz

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Monarchy delenda est

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Eric Cantonese posted:

Elizabeth.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Might not be any football this weekend either because all the police are being drafted in for the funeral

That predator handshake meme with the Queen and Oliver Cromwell and in the middle it's 'no football allowed'

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm holding out hope that spurs game in Leicester might go ahead because of less policing concerns but it isn't looking good is it.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Man united v Leeds no police challenge mode

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Isn't it mainly london that won't have enough police though? Or are there big events planned in manchester as well (I have generally been burying my head in the sand to avoid all queen coverage)?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jippa posted:

Isn't it mainly london that won't have enough police though? Or are there big events planned in manchester as well (I have generally been burying my head in the sand to avoid all queen coverage)?

There'll doubtless be those big screen things in city centres and a bunch of generalised "events" of various types.

Plus given the general shortage of coppers everywhere I imagine they'll be bussing tons of extras into London.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They'll need all hands on deck to arrest everyone with an anti-monarchy sign or t-shirt.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1569364007609303047

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Slotducks posted:

Queen dying giving liverpool an extra 2 weeks of injury recovery time is peak Premier League Plot Armor

lmao im a loving genius

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Slotducks posted:

lmao im a loving genius

Jokes on them when Liverpool's midfield crumbles to dust playing 3 matches a week for a month to make up the missed matches on top of the already compressed schedule

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bruno recovery time is good

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Jokes on them when Liverpool's midfield crumbles to dust playing 3 matches a week for a month to make up the missed matches on top of the already compressed schedule

Aren't they just going to slap the games on at the end of the season

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Up pops a smiling Oxlade-Chamberlain pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of Jay Spearing with a text saying "Our Asthma Medication prescriptions just got refilled"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Slotducks posted:

Up pops a smiling Oxlade-Chamberlain pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of Jay Spearing with a text saying "Our Asthma Medication prescriptions just got refilled"

Lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheRat posted:

Aren't they just going to slap the games on at the end of the season

Can't really because the FA Cup and CL/Euro finals are there, then international qualifiers.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Every team plays three times on the same day

The most super sunday of all

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Could do an MLS and play games during an international break and if team is missing half their players, oh well

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

sebzilla posted:

Can't really because the FA Cup and CL/Euro finals are there, then international qualifiers.

Easy. Cancel the international qualifiers.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Costa to Wolves is now super double official
https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1569279694742212608?t=ef6CVKWkUFwXXlQY786zow&s=19

Also apparently Diego was majorly freaked out by the Wolves in the video
https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1569335979307155456?t=zLYuJ6WbODt6f0UbSac5Pw&s=19

I'm glad they didn't eat him, even if that would have been the perfect coda to the whole thing

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Knowing him, he was probably still trying to wind them up somehow by stepping on their tails or pulling their whiskers or something dumb

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

God, I’m remembering that 2015 Chelsea v Arsenal game, that was peak shithousery.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Who knew a man that looks like a half changed werewolf would be a crazy mother fucker?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I dunno but it seems kinda goofy for Wolves to trot out, like, actual wolves

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Vegetable posted:

I dunno but it seems kinda goofy for Wolves to trot out, like, actual wolves

I like it, have a pack roam the stadium before games.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Good thing he didn't sign for Brentford

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
legit surprised insurance signed off that, handling wild(ish) animals in a bright orange shirt has to hit at least some red flags

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

the sex ghost posted:

Lol

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Hahaha

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Watch David Squires make this same joke, with a player holding up a kit in a beekeeper outfit.

We know you read the forums, coward.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I love Diego Costa because he’s a loving lunatic and we need more shithousery in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah the league lost its two best red-card-dodgers when Mane and Rudiger left.