Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I thought I was insane when the frog incident happened because I could not comprehend how it was just taken as a given by that entire thread that frog was a slur.

A couple French Canadians said people insulted them by calling them "frogs" so it was clearly inappropriate to offhandedly bash noted homophobic, racist, sex creep Frenchman, David Cage, with such a rude word.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fran's a good guy overall and responsible for making Cine D a lot less toxic than it was (credit to GonSmithe as well)

The frog probes are very funny though.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

some day you'll go through the rain
some day you'll be called a stupid tree frog

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Horror Frog

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

My favorite Galaxy-brain take re: capitalism/communism/whatever was the guy that argued passionately that cooking food for yourself was the result of capitalist brainwashing

His argument was that because there are people who could be getting paid to cook your food, doing it yourself was stealing their work and doing labor for free

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
who was the horror hog guy

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

My favorite Galaxy-brain take re: capitalism/communism/whatever was the guy that argued passionately that cooking food for yourself was the result of capitalist brainwashing

His argument was that because there are people who could be getting paid to cook your food, doing it yourself was stealing their work and doing labor for free

This is why weird politics echo chamber forums like CSPAM, D&D, and GBS should be blown the gently caress up. Slowly turns posters into insane weirdos who post poo poo like this.

Also destroy Twitter, Facebook, etc. But those are bigger goals.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The Maroon Hawk posted:

what the gently caress we're supposed to be able to be self sustaining if we wish which means loving cooking

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Shortest Path posted:

This is why weird politics echo chamber forums like CSPAM, D&D, and GBS should be blown the gently caress up. Slowly turns posters into insane weirdos who post poo poo like this.

Also destroy Twitter, Facebook, etc. But those are bigger goals.

Humanity wasn’t ready for social media (to include forums).

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

some day you'll go through the rain
some day you'll be called a stupid tree frog

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

who was the horror hog guy

I can't remember, but he rated every movie on its effect vis a vis his HORROR HOG like WOW THIS ONE REALLY GOT MY HORROR HOG GRUNTING

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Speaking of words driving people mad, I finally remembered the Tane posting: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=189090&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

An abridged summary:

yeah actually they will posted:

[Runs into thread at top speed and hunches over, out of breath] Ta...tane

Tane

edit: spelling

TANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tane

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
fr*g

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
T*ne

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:france:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sebmojo posted:

I can't remember, but he rated every movie on its effect vis a vis his HORROR HOG like WOW THIS ONE REALLY GOT MY HORROR HOG GRUNTING

this kind of person is a common sight in online horror communities and they suck

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 11, 2022

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Someone left a frog out in the rain . . .

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this kind of person is a common sight in online horror communities and they suck

Bringing up your cock completely unprompted in a nonsexual thread should be an autoprobe tbh

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
wow huge slam on 16 bit buttheads dick out of nowhere tbh

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He just kept going right back to the horror thread despite escalating probes until he was banned.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Some people are physically incapable of helping themselves

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

apropo of nothing i loving hate whne people do this. you're not censoring anything. you're still using the word, it doesn't mean or change ANYTHING to bleep outa single letter. i really dont understand it. it's so loving baffling. use another word or use the word, you're picking an option that does nothing. gently caress!

im sorry i dont know why this is my big pet peeve

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

apropo of nothing i loving hate whne people do this. you're not censoring anything. you're still using the word, it doesn't mean or change ANYTHING to bleep outa single letter. i really dont understand it. it's so loving baffling. use another word or use the word, you're picking an option that does nothing. gently caress!

:yikes:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lady Radia posted:

f*g

:D

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

calling me a tranny: ugh, who cares, shut up idiot
calling me a tr*nny: i unsheathe my katana folded over a thousand times in a forge powered by the flames of hell, and strike at you

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like the Horror thread but it always feels like I'm perpetually 2000 posts behind in it

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

calling me a tranny: ugh, who cares, shut up idiot
calling me a tr*nny: i unsheathe my katana folded over a thousand times in a forge powered by the flames of hell, and strike at you

Im a messy b*tch who loves drama personally

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

Some Jews choose not to write "God", or any derivation thereof, for religious reasons. Occasionally you'll see them write G-d or somesuch. The reasons usually have more to do with the sanctity of the word than the profanity.

E: Obviously different phenomenon of course

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I’ll have you know that fog is an extremely offensive term in the UK and you should be ashamed of yourself.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Bunch of soft motherfuckers who clearly never had their bones broken with sticks and stones

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Arrhythmia posted:

Some Jews choose not to write "God", or any derivation thereof, for religious reasons. Occasionally you'll see them write G-d or somesuch. The reasons usually have more to do with the sanctity of the word than the profanity.

that's not 95% of the uses i see, i understand what is happening there and it's fine and stuff. i almost exclusively see it used for "swear" words

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I love those newtons

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

that's not 95% of the uses i see, i understand what is happening there and it's fine and stuff. i almost exclusively see it used for "swear" words

Yeah that poo poo is r*tar- uh, ahem, foolish.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes I censor it like that on purpose because it's so pointless, and that's funny to me

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
G-d hates f*gs. He even destroys them in a famous scene in the Bible.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

2nd Amendment posted:

:eyepop:

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

2nd Amendment posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s Old Testament God. New Testament God 2.0 wasn’t as keen on killing people who the prevailing religious scholars of the time found distasteful

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lurker Ant posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s Old Testament God. New Testament God 2.0 wasn’t as keen on killing people who the prevailing religious scholars of the time found distasteful

Unfortunately you are wrong. Jesus curses them in the gospel of Matthew.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Lady Radia posted:

The actual reason they do it is to bypass wordfilters or automated moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Lurker Ant posted:

jesus goes OUT OF HIS WAY to express how much he hates f*gs

Terrible Opinions posted:

The actual reason they do it is to bypass wordfilters or automated moderation.

this is also wrong. i see it all the time on twitter, especially boomer twitter and poo poo like that