Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dead Goon posted:

Was Corbyn actually not there, or was he just not at the front of the photo, so nobody saw him?

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1568862534941171712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

Nah, gently caress that. loving up on live it requires that you apologise on live TV at the same time slot. You can't make poo poo up and then apologise on twitter where nobody will see it and it won't get covered. Newspapers do this poo poo all the time. Massive front page lie and then an apology in tomorrow' newspaper in font 3 at the bottom of page 19.

Tbf I doubt Sky were going to cover Chris Kaba at all until their presenter did a whoopsie and hosed up on live TV

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sinky posted:

cryin while looking for air filters :britain:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

drat I love this man.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

happyhippy posted:

drat I love this man.

I didn't attend either, do you love me?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Rarity posted:

Tbf I doubt Sky were going to cover Chris Kaba at all until their presenter did a whoopsie and hosed up on live TV

I agree, but that makes it worse!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mega Comrade posted:

I didn't attend either, do you love me?

were you invited???

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Angrymog posted:

Apropos of nothing, I used to work for Astra Zeneca and they had a small airport style x-ray machine in the post room.

Was it for post from PETA or conspiracy theorists?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Angrymog posted:

Apropos of nothing, I used to work for Astra Zeneca and they had a small airport style x-ray machine in the post room.

A bunch of big companies got them in the early 00s after 9/11 and anthrax scares in the media for security theatre/panic reasons. Company I was working for in 2003 or so had got one recently and had a full dress false alarm with bomb squad called out, building evacuated and all that.

The package turned out to be a model of the starship enterprise with working lights that some senior exec had ordered.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

out this week lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Danger - Octopus! posted:

The package turned out to be a model of the starship enterprise with working lights that some senior exec had ordered.

Sick. That's exactly the kind of exec I would want to be, bonus points if he mounted* it in his office, extra bonus points if he bought it on the company card.

*Not like that

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

that wording seems a bit snide though maybe i'm just reading into things. but, specifically mentioning that there are thousands of people for the queen, and the "at that moment"? seems a bit like it's making excuses by minimising the protest as small and momentary while emphasising how big the crowds for liz were. i'm not exactly predisposed to thinking highly of sky news from the outset so idk how fair i'm being here

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
My company allows us to send personal mail to them, as Ireland's post is loving atrocious.
So a flurry of Amazon things arrive as you expect.
Someone tried to get a fridge AND skirting boards delivered the same day, poo poo wouldn't even fit into the lift.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

quote:

It has been brought to our attention that, despite our clearly informing all clubs that football matches this weekend should be cancelled as a mark of respect for the passing of Her Majesty the Queen, two teams within our League have chosen to play a friendly match anyway. This is after we specifically and separately confirmed friendly matches could not be played.

The SDFPL Management Team would like to put on record that we absolutely do not condone this disrespectful and despicable behaviour. There will be an investigation into this matter, in conjunction with the Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA, and these two teams will be dealt with in the strongest possible terms. Our league has honesty, integrity and fair play as cornerstones, and we will not accept such behaviour from within our ranks.

Chairman Danny Taylor stated:
"Queen Elizabeth II ruled, served and led with integrity and humility for more than seven decades. It is a terrible shame that these two teams could not emulate this even for a single Saturday, despite our clear instructions. We may or may not agree with the mass cancellation of football, but this was decided as a mark of respect and should therefore have been adhered to. This sort of behaviour is disrespectful, unacceptable and flies in the face of the core values of our League. It will not be tolerated."

We would like to thank our 37 other clubs that followed the instructions and showed their respects with honour.

Statement on the FA website: https://fulltime.thefa.com/newsArticle.html?league=9796355&id=574690100

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

happyhippy posted:

My company allows us to send personal mail to them, as Ireland's post is loving atrocious.
Someone tried to get a fridge AND skirting boards delivered the same day, poo poo wouldn't even fit into the lift.

I once got a replacement front wing for a Fiesta delivered to my office. Absolutely confused the poo poo out of the guys downstairs.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Most of the workload of the receptionists at our company before the pandemic was managing the ever increasing pile of delivery boxes. Kinda weird to think that will never really be a thing again or that I will never be in a full office on a regular basis.

Honestly just surreal.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Good for him. That was always more in accord with his principles and it's not like he's party leader now so its not like theres going to be meaningful consequences for his ~disrespect~ or w/e

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Angrymog posted:

I used to work for a branch office of ARM and we got active shooter training.

In Loughborough.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

xtothez posted:

I once got a replacement front wing for a Fiesta delivered to my office. Absolutely confused the poo poo out of the guys downstairs.

Had a full set of armour delivered once when I worked at Coutts. Ended up having to model it for my team after seriously mystifying the post room.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pigs out in full force in central london christ

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Camrath posted:

Had a full set of armour delivered once when I worked at Coutts. Ended up having to model it for my team after seriously mystifying the post room.

armour fudge making video when

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Good for him. That was always more in accord with his principles and it's not like he's party leader now so its not like theres going to be meaningful consequences for his ~disrespect~ or w/e

Agreed. A principled decision by Corbs and, while he'll get stick from the usual quarters for declining, we all know that if he'd gone they'd have decided that he didn't look sad enough, looked too sad (so was obviously faking it), was wearing a tie that wasn't dark enough, or was too dark and so trying to show up everyone else, was standing too close to Starmer (obviously trying to bask in his spotlight and stage a coup) or wasn't standing close enough to Starmer (obviously hates his guts and trying to stage a coup) and so on. The haters would have hated whatever he did, while this way sensible people (like us :smuggo:) can at least respect him acting true to his beliefs.

And if it was an invited crowd and there were only so many places available, it's just good manners and respect on his part not to take up a place that someone who actually wanted to be there could have had.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Camrath posted:

A LARPer I know used to get all the gear for making chainmail delivered to his work and then spend his helpdesk nightshifts sitting there making it ring by ring, much to the amusement of his co-workers.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

BalloonFish posted:

Agreed. A principled decision by Corbs and, while he'll get stick from the usual quarters for declining, we all know that if he'd gone they'd have decided that he didn't look sad enough, looked too sad (so was obviously faking it), was wearing a tie that wasn't dark enough, or was too dark and so trying to show up everyone else, was standing too close to Starmer (obviously trying to bask in his spotlight and stage a coup) or wasn't standing close enough to Starmer (obviously hates his guts and trying to stage a coup) and so on. The haters would have hated whatever he did, while this way sensible people (like us :smuggo:) can at least respect him acting true to his beliefs.

And if it was an invited crowd and there were only so many places available, it's just good manners and respect on his part not to take up a place that someone who actually wanted to be there could have had.

Whatever Corbs does or doesn't do: if he does it, he gets slagged off for that and if he doesn't do it, the exact same people who would slag him off for doing it slag him off for not doing it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

xtothez posted:

Fair enough imo, I didn't even know Fiestas had wings

E: vvvv welp

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 11, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Fair enough imo, I didn't even know Fiestas had wings

You'll believe a Fiesta can fly.....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mbx90w6kGo&t=173s

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I heard Jeremoud Corbles showed up wearing five donkey jackets and a poppy.

And played a disrespectful and despicable friendly football match.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ok doubtless there'll be some straggler Bad Cartoons but i think this is about it now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And now Charles III!
"That at least gives us some closer end of reigns."

Betrayed by her corgis!
"Call Paris-Match, we're going to make a gently caress-ton of money!"

Despite inflation, Elton John makes a beautiful gesture:
"I'll do it for the same price as Princess Diana."

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Kudelka:

Moir:

Le Lievre:

Knight:

Broelman:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wouldn't let Philip drive either.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Ed Milliband was doing yer mam

she was a slapper, so probably, wrong house though she'd been hosed off for a decade by that point

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Camrath posted:

Mail or plate? :hist101:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

If he's working in Coutts surely it'd be full Gothic plate.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah, the Queen, famous for owning...rabbits?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

feedmegin posted:

I used to work for a branch office of ARM and we got active shooter training.

In Loughborough.

two words my friend: derrick bird

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Licence fee being put to good use. Filming a car driving down a motorway for 6 hours with overpaid mouthpieces gushing disinformation.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Playing football: disrespectful, despicable

Social murder: look, profits aren't evil

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/Themightyhutch/status/1568934508178690048?t=5Euke5A2_CzXnRf4JxeK9w

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I'm going to try this at work any time someone tells me to do something I don't want to do.

"Out of respect for Her Majesty the Queen, I'm afraid I can't do that. I do apologise for the inconvenience."

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I'm sorry Dave. Out of respect for the Queen, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Jeremohamed Corbyjihad