Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

why did noone tell me that volkmar is a goddamned monster? i just charged him into the centre of an undead army and soulfired them all to death

it was really something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think my co-op campaign might be dead because the last three times I tried to fight battles we desynced halfway through. It sucks because I just got Imrik's dragon mount and was pretty excited about that, but oh well.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In a major patch down the line I hope CA copies the warriors of chaos redline "buffs all units of this type" for every factions redline and techs.

Would also do a lot to buff hybrid factions and speciality units like Aranessa's human pirates.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Man Snikch is a beast. You play him so weird where you just have half your army be skirmish units, a bunch of artillery, and then a few clan rats for whatever. Every fight is an ambush.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In a major patch down the line I hope CA copies the warriors of chaos redline "buffs all units of this type" for every factions redline and techs.

Would also do a lot to buff hybrid factions and speciality units like Aranessa's human pirates.

Pretty sure that's the stated plan. It's gonna take a while, since... there's a LOT of skill trees and a LOT of changes that need to be made, but apparently they're planning on it. Who knows how long it will take, though?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Some of the skill trees, I'm looking at them and being shocked the level cap was even 40. Like Wood Elf waystalkers (at least for Drycha). There's nothing here! And the gunnery wight for Vamp Coast, it's like, two short lines. That is something I hope gets a retouch sooner than later.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yeah I have to use a skilldump mod because the "unassigned skill points" notification is so annoying

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Some of the skill trees, I'm looking at them and being shocked the level cap was even 40. Like Wood Elf waystalkers (at least for Drycha). There's nothing here! And the gunnery wight for Vamp Coast, it's like, two short lines. That is something I hope gets a retouch sooner than later.

:ssh: The cap was 30 in WH1 when Waystalkers were introduced. ( https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com/wiki/Experience_and_rank )

It's a relic of that. There's a LOT of skill trees in the game. It's one of the things they want to touch up, it's just a question of when they'll actually do it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Gonkish posted:

:ssh: The cap was 30 in WH1 when those were introduced. ( https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com/wiki/Experience_and_rank )

It's a relic of that. There's a LOT of skill trees in the game.
Oh good lord. I knew with my Beastmen run that it was to be expected that my bray-shamen all capped out at/around L43, but some of these other poor guys, oof.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, I mean if you think about the sheer amount of skill trees in the game it gets crazy. 23 playable factions, most of them (lol Norsca) with multiple lord types, AND multiple hero types, EACH OF WHICH IS UNIQUE TO THAT FACTION; plus 86 characters (plus a few unique non-LLs) with their own unique trees. It balloons REALLY fast and skill tree reform has to be one of the most time-consuming things out there, while also probably being boring as poo poo and potentially broken (there's apparently a few skills in IE right now that straight up do not work, for example).

The fact that they're going back to touch that stuff up is insane, but I'm glad they are because it's one of the biggest QoL changes they can make. Spice up Empire General Lords (they suck), Waystalkers, etc. It's needed, if not "sexy".

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
They should just collapse the levels and skill trees so they don't have to make 50 skills that are interesting (because its impossible).

Shrink the max level to like 20 and make each level actually mean something

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Give me Flesh Eater Courts, even if it makes the timeline a little hinky. VC rosters, some bastardization of Bretonnian mechanics mixed with Raise Dead. Make it happen please.
The timeline is already hosed. CA has already stated it is of no concern (good).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Babylon Astronaut posted:

The timeline is already hosed. CA has already stated it is of no concern (good).

the main issue is that Flesh-Eater Courts are an AOS faction, albeit one whose units all come from the old world VC list

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Ikit campaign complete, and also my first ever Skaven campaign. I've always had issues with them in field battles, but since minor settlements + sieges are like 90% of the battles, you just wreck everything with your superior firepower.

Ratling Guns are of course the funnest, but Death Globe Bombardiers and Warpfire Throwers are surprisingly great.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Captain Beans posted:

They should just collapse the levels and skill trees so they don't have to make 50 skills that are interesting (because its impossible).

Shrink the max level to like 20 and make each level actually mean something

Characters in Three Kingdoms maxed out at level 10 iirc, and their character sheet/skills were way more streamlined. Having spells complicates it a bit but that could easily be a different tab.

Would love to see something like this come to Warhammer but probably not until they start work on Total War Age of Sigmar or whatever

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

are the spell tooltip suggestions accurate now? I remember they used to be wrong how they'd recommend you use spells, like who to use fate of bjuna on and such.

if they are still wrong does anyone have a link to a rundown on what types of unit i should be using which direct damage spells on.

also is it just me or are the tzeentch magic missiles actually pretty good? vilitch hit a fresh unit of jade warriors side on and did like 20 kills

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
tzeentch is deffo one of the top 5 lores. not the top but top 5

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

yeah I have to use a skilldump mod because the "unassigned skill points" notification is so annoying

you can set those characters to auto level and the notification will ignore them. you'll still have the icon in the lords and heroes menu but we all have to make sacrifices

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Doomykins posted:

OK the Warlock Engi hero makes a lot more sense for all his +ammo passives.

This is hilarious, this playstyle is a joy for a degenerate like me that loves minor settlement fights. Thanks for the points idiots *runs away throwing bullet rocks at u*

The Warlock Engineer might be the most loving busted hero in the game. Maaaaaaaaybe certain lore of magic heroes for certain specific factions, but god drat. And I'm not even talking about REALLY abusing the hell out of a unit, just a baseline. I'm just in fuckin' awe anytime I see someone post a ranged skaven stack without one.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

IIRC in an ama or blogpost they mentioned that was explicitly the purpose. Especially with alliances giving you access to units now, its real critical.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Have any mods tried tackling the red skill problem? Only one I've seen removed army buffs entirely other than the first, middle, and last.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

ninjahedgehog posted:

Having spells complicates it a bit but that could easily be a different tab.

Nah, they just need change how that garbage system loving works anyways. It was always poorly done imo, it should be like, 9 points tops.

Lore of Passive Effect -> 1st Tier of Spells (Access/Overcast/Improved Overcast) -> Evasion -> 2nd Tier of Spells (Access/Overcast/Improved Overcast) -> Arcane Conduit

That is how it should work NOW. Not the dumb poo poo they presently have. If you really want to protect that 2nd tier, throw a level min on it. Who gives a poo poo.

Using the TW3K approach, you'd just have I slap, I slap hard, I slap hardest, x2. There, you've got your spell lines. If you don't like a bundle, ignore it. And then set the poo poo hero system in warhammer on fire. God there are so many good things from 3k that its a shame they didn't bring over. I get the skill system, I truly do, its too much work and compatibility. But I really wish they could have brought over the recruitment and retinue system. Sigh.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
drat, some of these lord defeat traits are so much better than others. I just dunked on Kroqgar and got +10 melee defense for my LL :stare:

Meanwhile, if you kill Lokhir you get "immune to storm and reef attrition" :geno:

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Zzulu posted:

drat, some of these lord defeat traits are so much better than others. I just dunked on Kroqgar and got +10 melee defense for my LL :stare:

Meanwhile, if you kill Lokhir you get "immune to storm and reef attrition" :geno:

That poo poo ALSO needs to be completely rebalanced. It leads to some really awkward meta, although is also fun and loreful. I can never decide if I think it would be better to nuke them or just completely retool them. But in the meantime at least they could bother to balance them quite a bit more. Lokhir's is such trash.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Get rid of the fixed defeated LL trait system and toss in a trait store where you can pick and choose traits, bam you've future proofed the entire system while being able to add in new traits if you want.

I've never fought taurox before but gently caress is he annoying as poo poo same as valkia, they just run constantly from my armies forcing me to benny hill after them with an army each. I hope the AI isn't fixed yet because if this is their intended tactics it'll just be an AR fest. I didn't realize my supreme sorcs could ride black dragons haha--why would i ever get a melee lord when i could have an unstoppable caster lord?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

moving vilitch around in a desert and he said 'I'll have more titles than Settra!'

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
How do y’all avoid getting caught in a forever war on the donut as the VCoast faction that spawns below them? They just keep declaring on me, so now I’ve got two of them conquered and have Avelorn/Ellyrion also declaring on me. I can just get the donut ofc (especially with mortars, wow AI is broke when you use them) but was sort of interested in coving it up instead. Can you just ignore them? Also with coves, do you just have to declare war on a bunch of random people to get them, or else use the hero action? I had a lord I was going to use to establish coves but I can’t figure out how to do it without actually beating the settlement.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Archaon gives you a lot of stuff but the campaign itself feels kind of boring? Insurmountable power almost instantly from the 5 very easy to get dark fortresses nearby then go and clown on someone.

Also the amount of stuff is a bit overwhelming. So many choices for every unit.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah Archaon is very overpowered. Might be a good start for a newbie but if you already understand how the game works there's basically zero challenge for his entire campaign

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sure is fun upgrading your Marauders into lots of different permutations though!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sure is fun upgrading your Marauders into lots of different permutations though!

This is fun I agree.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Khalida's start is a lot easier, and TKs feel a lot better than I was thinking they would. You get Ushabti and T2 now and it's... gently caress it's just so much better. You're still a broke bitch but you get toys earlier now and it helps immensely.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Real Cool Catfish posted:

This is just making me think Kairos must be having a fun time, since the others nearby are all Order factions? I guess making them fight each other would be very Tzeentch.

Those order factions kind of hate each other. Kroq and Tiktaq can get along but generally Kroq eats Teclis and Thorek declares on everyone.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Every time I arrive in the empire/kislev on turn 50 as an order faction from abroad it's like Donald Glover bringing the pizzas.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
I think my Realms of Chaos campaign is broken - as Kairos I got the “woah poo poo rifts a-comin” warning at turn 25. It’s now turn 71 and while I’ve been having a blast the rifts still aren’t open, unmodded etc

O well guess I’ll enjoy the mini sandbox before taking murderbird to IE!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Gonkish posted:

:ssh: The cap was 30 in WH1 when Waystalkers were introduced. ( https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com/wiki/Experience_and_rank )

It's a relic of that. There's a LOT of skill trees in the game. It's one of the things they want to touch up, it's just a question of when they'll actually do it.

You know, looking at that table for troop EXP, it did seem kinda slow. How much EXP do troops even get for kills and things?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Apparently you can't recruit DLC units through outposts, even if you own the DLC. So much having for Lizardmen backed up by Sisters of Avelorn. :negative:

Tagaziel
Aug 28, 2022

Ce n'est pas un chat.

JBP posted:

Every time I arrive in the empire/kislev on turn 50 as an order faction from abroad it's like Donald Glover bringing the pizzas.

I think of it as free real estate.

Also, finished my Empire campaign. 200 turns, mostly because I got the Wood Elf Panties-Twisted endgame event, which means I had to put everyone in the Old World to the sword, then go across the ocean and the donut to throw the Sisters of Twilight into the meat grinder.

Repeatedly.

I think every single commander of my Imperial Expeditionary Force (five armies, so that I can cap five settlements per turn, as Wood Elf garrisons suck worse than a gaping hole in your spaceship) had the "beat up the twins" trait by the end.

Meanwhile, Boris and Franz were chilling, literally, in the north, bringing civilization to Norsca. It's actually funny how Norscan tent trash only needs beer, roads, and economic prospects to stop worshiping the Chaos Gods and become productive members of Empire society.

In other words, material conditions! In this TED talk I will...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Apparently you can't recruit DLC units through outposts, even if you own the DLC. So much having for Lizardmen backed up by Sisters of Avelorn. :negative:

I found this out the hard way in my Be'lakor campaign, where I was very excited to vassalize Drycha early and then found out that she had built a ton of DLC unit buildings for Zoats and stuff so all I could make from her were glade guard and hawk riders.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Man, wh3 does not make it easy to recover diplomatically from a war, of course everyone is in some insane web of alliances. I don't want your lovely frozen lands i just want to be allies but nooo you and Franz had to ally after the entire Empire chain-declared on me.

E: middenland is at war with Franz and is also mad at me for being at war with Franz. It is very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
As Cathay, is it worth it to try and befriend Goltooth to secure my western border or is it like trying to appease Grimgor and he'll pounce on me anyway?