Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The way this tweet was worded made me realize HHH and Jericho's feud will continue as locker room leaders of their respective companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Queen outlived NXT UK

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Seams posted:

The Queen outlived NXT UK

But the Total Nonstop Action never stops

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

iamsosmrt posted:

Is it possible for an activity that draws people to stage fight each other in extremely dangerous ways for relatively little respect and reward to not be full of petulant and possibly broken minded assholes?

I don't mean this dismissively, I guess I see wrestling as inherently hosed up. I don't watch it too much these days but the drama is still fascinating to read/watch. Much better than a Netflix docu series.

so heres the thing about people in performing arts, we're already on the whole mostly hosed up and broken people. and most of us dont get dropped on our heads for a living. so

yeah

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Critical posted:

Blood Loan at a Reasonable APR

Man dub Stand names in JoJo are getting stupider every part.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Most people said that the match of the weekend was either SIOG/Acclaimed or Sheamus/WALTER.

That's because all the people who'd pick the Trios or Eddie/Ishii are picking the tag match instead

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

bartok posted:

Now that we all love WWE again how are we going to justify the next Blood Money show?

The same four posters the watch WWE will watch it say the matches were pretty good and then the same thing will happen at the next one in perpetuity.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i haven't been watching WWE but saudi arabia is not a factor in whether i do or not.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

The same four posters the watch WWE will watch it say the matches were pretty good and then the same thing will happen at the next one in perpetuity.

dont even think people like/care enough about the saudi shows in general to say anything is actually good on it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

iamsosmrt posted:

Is it possible for an activity that draws people to stage fight each other in extremely dangerous ways for relatively little respect and reward to not be full of petulant and possibly broken minded assholes?

I don't mean this dismissively, I guess I see wrestling as inherently hosed up. I don't watch it too much these days but the drama is still fascinating to read/watch. Much better than a Netflix docu series.

It’s almost a good reason to have a dedicated Human Reaources department with professional managers, mediators, and group council era working to resolve the inevitable conflicts that form before they turn ugly.

Instead wrestling has “locker room leaders” and wrestlers court. The most dominant petty broken people leading the rest.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't recall ever watching a Saudi show live except maybe the one where Goldberg and Undertaker took turns trying to kill each other lol

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if i watched one i stole it, and even then i think the only ones i watched in full was greatest royal rumble and elimination chamber. everything else i looked up and it was just to see the absolute WMOTY kind of stuff from the shows.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was watching Greatest Royal Rumble with some casuals/lapseds and when Hiroki Sumi came out they were asking me who that was and i was like uuuhhh

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

it was pretty funny watching the royals walk around and not give a gently caress about their plush rear end seats on my phone at work. Less funny when the propaganda started tho

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

David Otunga has a small role on this week's episode of She-Hulk. He's forgettable, but you should watch the episode anyway for the sake of Madisynn, the best new character in the MCU.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gavok posted:

Madisynn, the best new character in the MCU.

Where's the spin-off series Feige? :argh:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if that's what you want to talk about, wong sounds like al pacino

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

projecthalaxy posted:

I was watching Greatest Royal Rumble with some casuals/lapseds and when Hiroki Sumi came out they were asking me who that was and i was like uuuhhh

He was there because the Prince requested Yokozuna and he was the the living non-union equivalent.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Looks like Jinny got released too but she's happy being WALTER'S lady so it'll probably all work out. Real shame about her as she had a lot of potential and never had anything to work with. Also her best match was with Jimmy Havoc so it's hard to link that now.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Walter and Sheamus with the deserved 5 stars from Meltzer

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cavauro posted:

if that's what you want to talk about, wong sounds like al pacino

You're not wrong.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Nice. Love both those dudes. My friend worked with Sheamus over in Japan and he cut a promo on our group chat. It's one of my favourite videos ever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Starting to think Quincy Jones should dethrone Roman

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Thought Hit Row was kind of got a bad rap with just Top Dolla but apparently the other guy has been bailing Velveteen Dream out of jail the last couple times.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Thought Hit Row was kind of got a bad rap with just Top Dolla but apparently the other guy has been bailing Velveteen Dream out of jail the last couple times.

Ashanti Thee Enabler

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

That match ruled so much. I'm glad Sheamus is getting some recognition too. He's been putting on solid matches for the last few years now but he's been overlooked. Really putting a spotlight on him has helped a ton.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Fightful Select has learned of the following Smackdown plans tonight. Please be cognizant of those who wish to avoid spoilers, and if you screenshot this and repost it on social media, you have to buy SRS a year's worth of melatonin.

- Brawling Brutes vs. Imperium.

- Usos promo with Sami Zayn and Drew McIntyre

- Non Title: Boujee & Badass vs. Toxic Attraction

- Top Contender: Ronda Rousey vs. Lacey Evans vs. Natalya vs. Sonya Deville vs. Xia Li

- Street Profits & Hit Row vs. Los Lotharios & Maximum Male Models

- Braun Strowman is set for a segment with Alpha Academy

- Drew McIntyre vs. Solo Sikoa. In case you wondered, Sikoa will be involved with the Bloodline tonight.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Wrestling is only good when the dumpster is on fire. But you can’t let the fire get out of control or Hulk Hogan and Vince Russo appear and make a mess of your pots and pans.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Codependent Poster posted:

That match ruled so much. I'm glad Sheamus is getting some recognition too. He's been putting on solid matches for the last few years now but he's been overlooked. Really putting a spotlight on him has helped a ton.

Hasn't he been world champ in the past?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

Hasn't he been world champ in the past?

Yeah, but he hasn't had a title in the past few years. They said it during the match and I think it was three. He hasn't really been in the main event position much or at all during all the Reigns and Brock runs.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I wish Sheamus would go back to that badass mohawk look.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sheamus vs Big E was the best part of E’s world title reign

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

KungFu Grip posted:

Hit Row kind of got a bad rap

They have more than one, OP

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just saw they gave Imperium back their theme. Triple H for booker of the year.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Power Windows posted:

They have more than one, OP

I thought bad raps were their whole gimmick

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Macksy posted:

I thought bad raps were their whole gimmick

:thejoke:

Chris James 2