Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

American McGay posted:

I don't think it's confirmed either way. It's just worded that way to let people know that the frame rate doesn't dip during local multi. We'll just have to wait and see.

Also you don't have to buy the gently caress out of it it's on Game Pass.

im gonna buy the gently caress out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The press release doesn't mention online play at all.... 😬

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Blog post on Goldeneye, with Screenshots. Uses the original N64 artwork, not the cancelled HD remaster art. Available on Game Pass and free for all Rare Replay owners. No mention of online play, weirdly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
isn't the online play in Nintendo online kind of "through the emulator", maybe it would have required more effort on the FailBox.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

isn't the online play in Nintendo online kind of "through the emulator", maybe it would have required more effort on the FailBox.
Yeah, every game on NSO has online play. Even the single player ones (for passing the "controller" around). It's not very good online play, but it's there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

free for all Rare Replay owners

win

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Going back to Forza for a second:

Disposable Scud posted:

I'd say no. The last great FM was 4 imo. I have some hope for the new one but who knows...
What's wrong with the newer ones? I only played the Xbox 360 games, so I wasn't aware the Xbone Forzas were considered not worth playing (anymore).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Seems like the Switch one only has multiplayer because the N64 app conveniently has online functionality built in, doesn’t seem like they want to put effort into implementing it into the actual game so XBOX stays losing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1569712399787212800

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The Kins posted:

Blog post on Goldeneye, with Screenshots. Uses the original N64 artwork, not the cancelled HD remaster art. Available on Game Pass and free for all Rare Replay owners. No mention of online play, weirdly.

gently caress, I thought it was gonna be the cancelled 360 version but upscaled. Hope the controls are good at least.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:rip:

Rare decided that only Nintendo could provide the robust online infrastructure needed for such an endeavor.

On an unrelated topic

https://twitter.com/datLucario/status/1569416965088858115

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

orcane posted:

Going back to Forza for a second:

What's wrong with the newer ones? I only played the Xbox 360 games, so I wasn't aware the Xbone Forzas were considered not worth playing (anymore).

Turn-10 really scaled back on the car customization and simulation aspects, the parts that people really enjoyed about Forza to begin with. Every car automatically being the same performance point was a really confusing decision. Repeating the same car roster every time, and nothing new really being added in the DLC, on top of less cars each time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My completely made up but also probably true account of the events.

Microsoft had the remaster ready to go and they were working on a joint deal to get versions of Goldeneye available on both platforms. Nintendo said no you can't release a version of the game that looks way better than our old 1997 N64 ROM that would make our service look bad, if you want to put it out it has to look the same. So Microsoft made a team of 2 people slap together an N64 emulator for Xbox that upscales to 4K and threw it in the Rare Replay collection instead of giving it its own fanfare release. All Switch N64 games have online natively via the emulator, and Microsoft was probably too lazy to figure out how to make it work for just one title. The end.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Finally got around to trying The Forgotten City on Game Pass. I’ve only played an hour ish so far but it’s nailed that “oh poo poo what if i did this differently” feel that open ended games should have

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Finally got around to trying The Forgotten City on Game Pass. I’ve only played an hour ish so far but it’s nailed that “oh poo poo what if i did this differently” feel that open ended games should have

That game is great. It's just the right size and does really smart things to not make subsequent plays a chore. Everyone should check it out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I thought all ya'll going on about goldeneye coming to xbox was just some silly bit, I didn't realize it was actually going to happen lol

I missed it back in the day so I don't have any kind of nostalgic vibes for it or anything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

priznat posted:

I thought all ya'll going on about goldeneye coming to xbox was just some silly bit, I didn't realize it was actually going to happen lol

I missed it back in the day so I don't have any kind of nostalgic vibes for it or anything.

It honestly hasn't aged that well, except for maybe the multiplayer. But its been the forbidden game for decades now due to terrible licensing issues, and Xbox 360 was originally suppose to get a complete remake, it was literally finished except for the multiplayer portion, and then canceled.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It honestly hasn't aged that well, except for maybe the multiplayer. But its been the forbidden game for decades now due to terrible licensing issues, and Xbox 360 was originally suppose to get a complete remake, it was literally finished except for the multiplayer portion, and then canceled.

Yah I find any games I am nostalgic for don't live up to the memories if I replay them, even remastered ones, so I never bother with those. That's just me though I'm sure lots of folks like em!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

And it only gets better, you probably have no idea where the story is going. Best time loop game by a mile.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

It’s my favourite game in years. I loved it.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Wtf no online multiplayer? That's the only reason to play the game.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Where's my loving HD remastered Blast Corps at?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ColdPie posted:

Gotta send us your friend code first

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ColdPie posted:

the only reason to play the game is for nostalgia where you have your buddies over to play split screen and eat pizza and drink mountain dew and smoke weed

that's exactly what i'm going to be doing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Nintendos online infrastructure sucks rear end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The only bummer with forgotten city is that almost every puzzle has the same solution of grabbin the thing and running. Otherwise its a 10/10 good time.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

The only bummer with forgotten city is that almost every puzzle has the same solution of grabbin the thing and running. Otherwise its a 10/10 good time.

Do you mean the intended solutions or is this more like how I play sniper elite 5 by killing so many Nazis that there's no one left to sound the alarm?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

Do you mean the intended solutions or is this more like how I play sniper elite 5 by killing so many Nazis that there's no one left to sound the alarm?

The latter. You're not required to be a magpie, though it is a reliable way to abuse the time loop.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

butt dickus posted:

the only reason to play the game is for nostalgia where you have your buddies over to play split screen and eat pizza and drink mountain dew and smoke weed

that's exactly what i'm going to be doing

Yeah I can't imagine playing it online is gonna match the experience of playing with friends in the same room all yelling about peeking at their screen which you fervently deny while continually doing it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

No Body Harvest on Switch yet???

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please note that Rare Replay is on sale for $7.49 right now, so if you want Goldeneye and dont have Gamepass, nows probably the time to pull the trigger on Rare Replay

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/rare-replay/c22t53sq7flm

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Please note that Rare Replay is on sale for $7.49 right now, so if you want Goldeneye and dont have Gamepass, nows probably the time to pull the trigger on Rare Replay

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/rare-replay/c22t53sq7flm

If you dont have gamepass get gamepass

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No multiplayer lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wintendo.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Larry Parrish posted:

No multiplayer lol
lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nintendo has online but you must use a 14.4kbaud modem over a phone line to access it with no alternatives.

Also your online ID is a random string of 256 digits that you have to enter using the controller every time you login.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

If the N64 emulation on the Switch is "authentic", people will be "enjoying" online split-screen multiplayer at 10 FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Wee Bairns posted:

Where's my loving HD remastered Blast Corps at?

Blasting corpses is not seen as acceptable in the current global climate.