Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Eeyo posted:

Yeah it looks pretty lovely. I think the non-responsive in this context means that the witness is giving an answer that's more than the question asked. So he's objecting that the guy was giving extra exposition, or jumping ahead of the questions. Pattis's objections do look mean-spirited to me, but I'm not a lawyer so IDK how often this kind of stuff comes up.

But like Alex Jones going on about how his pills were made from superior Japanese ingredients would be non-responsive.

I mean legally at least some of em are valid.

But to the jury though? looking like you're bullying a crying witness (and norm's tone was lovely as gently caress) in a trial where you want to look as sympathetic as possible is A Choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Eeyo posted:

Yeah it looks pretty lovely. I think the non-responsive in this context means that the witness is giving an answer that's more than the question asked. So he's objecting that the guy was giving extra exposition, or jumping ahead of the questions. Pattis's objections do look mean-spirited to me, but I'm not a lawyer so IDK how often this kind of stuff comes up.

But like Alex Jones going on about how his pills were made from superior Japanese ingredients would be non-responsive.

Also in the Texas trial, Bankston and co. weren't going to object to him segueing to a pill plug because it made Jones look terrible.

Sure, they totally could've, but if he wants to show how he's so obsessed with selling his dick pills that he crowbars it into his own testimony instead of expressing sympathy for his victims? Sure, keep making yourself look like a loving ghoul, Alex. Take your time.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Xiahou Dun posted:

Also in the Texas trial, Bankston and co. weren't going to object to him segueing to a pill plug because it made Jones look terrible.

Sure, they totally could've, but if he wants to show how he's so obsessed with selling his dick pills that he crowbars it into his own testimony instead of expressing sympathy for his victims? Sure, keep making yourself look like a loving ghoul, Alex. Take your time.

I like to imagine that the left hemisphere of Alex's brain is dumb conspiracy theories and racism and the right is things he can say about his pills. No matter where you are or what you are doing when you encounter Alex Jones you are going to be called a slur and be asked to buy some amazing supplements that help keep this his property.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

KitConstantine posted:

I mean legally at least some of em are valid.

But to the jury though? looking like you're bullying a crying witness (and norm's tone was lovely as gently caress) in a trial where you want to look as sympathetic as possible is A Choice
I'm really just questioning a lot of his choices right now, his opening statement would have fit right in at his actual defamation trial and I think that would have been a decent defense for Jones.

This is not the actual defamation trial however and ranting about gay frogs is going to look really really bad contrasted with sobbing parents

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yes Mr Jones, it is a predetermined outcome. Because you hosed around for so long that the courts decided you needed to find out. This isn't your days in court, that ship sailed, this is just seeing how much you owe.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Feels extremely just going through the motions on his part.

Also are we sure he's just not a ai chatterbot trained on the Internet at this point?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Back from break the judge is immediately mad about norm understanding his own objection wrong.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
LMAO holy poo poo this judge is on the knife's edge of rage, just how she answered that query about referring to Jones as Alex

also they need to fix the mic placement

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bankruptcy hearing. They’re just doing another temporary cash collateral order including some clawbacks from PQPR and then they’re taking up the motion to compel.

Jones is asking for $80k to travel from FSS relating to the trial. The judge seems skeptical. He’s not giving them the money.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
80k? Does he want a private jet?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
That could include paying his over sized security team.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

goatface posted:

80k? Does he want a private jet?

Big chili cookout

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Confusedslight posted:

That could include paying his over sized security team.

It’s this and for some FSS employees.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Jesus I just want to give this FBI dude a big hug and some Ativan

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Pyrtanis posted:

Jesus I just want to give this FBI dude a big hug and some Ativan

Related, the live chat for th eLaw and Crime feed is a hive and scum and villainy.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

BigRed0427 posted:

Related, the live chat for th eLaw and Crime feed is a hive and scum and villainy.

I just clicked on it and yup people are the worst. Jesus christ.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Does Pattis have two bands in his ponytail?

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

BigRed0427 posted:

I believe it, I'm running trust dungeons in ffxiv and have this on the other monitor and thus am not reading that caustic dreck

I imagine they're trashing him

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

First they came for the phone leaker and I loled; then they came for Norm Pattis and I lmaod.

Good to see the thread’s back.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ. That "It's awful... awful... awful" was wrenching.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

teen witch posted:

Does Pattis have two bands in his ponytail?

It's relatively common for people with curly hair, cause otherwise your hair can escape one band. Especially dudes who grew their hair out later in life and don't really know how to tie it back well.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, Pattis has two loving bands in the pony

Cmon just braid it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

IS the point here that people were saying he was fake because he didn't have a FIB insigina on his gear the day?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

BigHead posted:

Jesus Christ. That "It's awful... awful... awful" was wrenching.

Yeah :(

I hope he has someone there with him so he gets a hug after.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

BigRed0427 posted:

IS the point here that people were saying he was fake because he didn't have a FIB insigina on his gear the day?

Weird how they assume he was fake and not that he just grabbed the first thing he could which was his old tac vest which probably had everything removed because CHILDREN WERE BEING SHOT AND THEY WERE IN A HURRY

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BigRed0427 posted:

First thing I do when watching any youtube video with chat is to hide it.

It's not worth it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus

People were threatening kids funerals?

Good god

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
“Save some dinner for me honey, I need to go protest a child’s funeral”

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

Weird how they assume he was fake and not that he just grabbed the first thing he could which was his old tac vest which probably had everything removed because CHILDREN WERE BEING SHOT AND THEY WERE IN A HURRY

No see also he's fake because he's having an emotional reaction to recalling the blood of murdered children smeared on the walls of a school.

What kind of soy cuck would be affected by personally witnessing over a dozen children's corpses.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
:lmao: Pattis just threw out basically every objection hoping one would stick (all overruled)

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh god do you think that Pattis will try to push the whole hoax angle with this witness?

oh boy here we go re: "It's not speculation!"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I miss the lovely zoom meeting stream and HBO guy tbh

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

The FBI guy is looking increasingly angry at Pattis.

We're getting some pretty loving great death glares.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The gentleman on the stand looks and sounds like Cragen from law and order, except that this man is very real and not an actor, something we have to clarify in tyool 2k22

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Get 'em Bill.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This is really upsetting to me

The utter despair. It hits me right in the gut

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

How do you cross-examine this guy? Norm might end up getting punched in the face if he cross-examines the way he objects

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

KitConstantine posted:

Norm might end up getting punched in the face if he cross-examines the way he objects

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

KitConstantine posted:

This is really upsetting to me

The utter despair. It hits me right in the gut

Had to stop watching, just got too much for me.