Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Also the monarch is present during all political debate in the form of a big gold stick that sits in the middle. Except once a little ginger lad MP tried to nick it but an old granny MP frowned at him so he put the queen stick back. Then I think we left Europe, which we couldn't whilst he had the stick.

iirc the granny MP is allowed to hit him with the sword if he doesn't put the queen back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh nice new Kier Starmer merch just dropped

:mcrappe:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She isn't an MP her job is to stab anyone who tries to nick the stick.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil posted:

Imagine having LITERALLY the most charmed life you could possibly have and LITERALLY having everything handed to you on a silver platter for your entire life, plus untold private millions and tax breaks, and still being a grumpy old oval office.
It's more likely than you think. Viktor Frankl makes a strong claim that creating a sense of meaningful future can create a purposeful happiness in even the greatest misery and deprivation, drawing on his own experiences in a Nazi camp.

You can see similar in the moments of collective joy around African revolutionary figures.

What purpose or future has that oval office got now. All the material wealth he could ever want and he's sat in the corner of meetings with Liz Truss while his brain fat slowly goes rancid.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And yet with that wealth he could do anything he wanted, if he can't think of anything meaningful to do that's a lack of imagination more than anything.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Where did they get that video from? Its like a spoof but it is actually real lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it was shown on channel 4 news

it's not even the first time in the last few days he's hosed up signing his name

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

crispix posted:

it's not even the first time in the last few days he's hosed up signing his name
This is why he goes by Charles, no way could he learn a new name.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

crispix posted:

"Prin.." "ah gently caress, I keep forgetting"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Absolutely 0% chance he hasn’t been practicing writing KING CHAZ THE THIRD constantly for like 60 years like a schoolgirl with a crush practicing her signature for when she grows up and marries whoever it is schoolgirls want to grow up and marry these days. Some guy off x-factor I guess.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

History Comes Inside! posted:

Absolutely 0% chance he hasn’t been practicing writing KING CHAZ THE THIRD constantly for like 60 years like a schoolgirl with a crush practicing her signature for when she grows up and marries whoever it is schoolgirls want to grow up and marry these days. Some guy off x-factor I guess.

this is very sexist and old fashioned. The little girls want to be the girls off x-factor.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1569784476082765824

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
For perspective, also recently dead, as dead as a dead dodo in fact...
  • Barbara Ehrenreich (Nickel & Dimed)
  • Jean-Luc Godard (films, movies, cinema, never directed a marvel movie)
  • Mrs McClusky off Grine Jill (same day as Mrs Kwin)
  • Ken Starr (scumbag)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

which you obviously just ignore and punt in the bin on tuesday
Compost, PLEASE. Or use it to train hedge-layers.

Camilla is reported to have said "Charles, stop whinging" among friends. More than once.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

this is very sexist and old fashioned. The little girls want to marry the girls off x-factor.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Mrs McCluskey died?!

gently caress

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

HopperUK posted:

Mrs McCluskey died?!

gently caress

Outlived by Zammo. For shame

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

smellmycheese posted:

Centre Parcs are throwing people who’ve paid for a holiday out for the day as a mark of respect lol

https://twitter.com/CenterParcsUK/status/1569666674713923584

Now backtracked. If you weren't due to either leave or arrive on Monday You can stay but facilities will be closed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62893476

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Did we ever hear from Gibbo in the real event?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

shankill road majesty queen is angry because you drink too much at weekends

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Line dancing leads to sodomy. Bananas lead to sega master bations. Only stare at big queen murial and do psalms.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Brian May starting to grey at the temples there.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Omg my story about fingering my rear end in a top hat is on the bbc

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Camilla is reported to have said "Charles, stop whinging" among friends. More than once.

She looked embarrassed when he made a fuss about the ink wells. She's probably more aware than he is that public opinion can turn against him very quickly if he keeps having entitled moments which go viral.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My brain just started making connections between Charles and Elon:

- hordes of weirdo online defenders
- stupid cringe pet projects
- nonstop whining
- younger, more interesting ex-wife
- lots of African gems
- "pedo guy"
- both have brothers who are nonces/friends of Epstein
- dumb and ugly as poo poo
- balding

Not sure where I'm going with this, but its something. Guess I'm just glad Charles' fingers are not compatible with tweeting

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
- both used a controlled explosion to make a political point with a car

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

- both used a controlled explosion to make a political point with a car

Nice

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/samillidge/status/1553809565279522816

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 14, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah but what's it look like now?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I suspect not like the second image.

Well maybe if it's in one of a few places in the UK that might be okay with it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Oh gently caress, I didn't realise they were from July. lol

e: Have this instead https://twitter.com/snapperlane/status/1568849417117093888

e2: This was quite schadenfreudic to watch
https://twitter.com/cbouzy/status/1569419212040425474

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 14, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Big divergence today between the UK and EU on dealing with energy costs , with Truss rubbishing the idea of ever impacting profits, and Von Der Leyen coming out strongly for revenue caps on energy companies. Will be interesting/terrifying to see the outcome of each approach on the average punter's bills and ability to continue living. No lessons will be learned

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/D_Raval/status/1569946954616143872

:allears:

e: changed link to a slightly longer clip of keith

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Sep 14, 2022

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
That fence post must be uncomfortable

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/robertflorence/status/1569985829765844993?t=NI4BOExX4IPT6EgwWlMa6g&s=19

Keir Starmer would throw you in jail for a tweet like this

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can protest as long as it doesn't offend anybody, therefore you should do it inside your own house with the curtains closed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Does anyone here have any experience with OFNL and any of the various providers? I am moving and need to choose someone and at the moment I am leaning towards Pure Broadband based on Trustpilot, but wanted to double check.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Does anyone here have any experience with OFNL and any of the various providers? I am moving and need to choose someone and at the moment I am leaning towards Pure Broadband based on Trustpilot, but wanted to double check.

I am with seethelight on OFNL and they’re pretty much bulletproof. I’ve had to ring them for connection issues maybe 3 times in the 9 and a half years I’ve been with them, otherwise it’s been super stable and reliable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

WINSTON, THAT BITCH HAS CANCELLED THE BINS https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1569947941875458048