Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Here's the Microsoft page on getting the cloud streaming up and running: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/xbox-cloud-gaming-in-microsoft-edge-with-steam-deck-43dd011b-0ce8-4810-8302-965be6d53296

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Lockback posted:

The amount of people who play the switch a lot and also are totally cool with configuring an emulator on a Linux machine without a physical keyboard is, and I'm just speculating here, maybe over-represented on this 2000-era discussion board.

the amount of people who want a cool powerful handheld that can run new aaa games and have no desire to engage with the linux side of things is also, probably, underrepresented thin this thread.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I say kill ’em all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

I say killall -kill

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You're buying a deck to play games? And nothing more?

hosed up, if true.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Pretty excited to try out a bunch of indie games and maybe search for some hidden gems, probably a lot of cool games that get overlooked on Steam that I'll dig.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gamepass streaming works wildly well in my experience

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

worms butthole guy posted:

For PrimeHack, where is the setting to disable the Steam Mouse cursor?
Once the game (window} pops up you have to "click" to focus, which sends cursor movements to it and hides the cursor itself.

Maybe one of the interface options forces focus automatically but I don't find it a big deal to do that above.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

For people that are running Destiny 2 are you able to hit a locked 60 fps or should I be trying to lower the refresh down to 40hz in windows and playing that way?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If anyone cares you get into the BIOS of the deck by holding the volume + button and hitting the power button.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Super No Vacancy posted:

gamepass streaming works wildly well in my experience

Yeah it really does

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Is streaming only available on the ultimate tier of gamepass? I had it briefly due to a £1 trial but dropped back to PC only

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I'm sure someone else who has played it more will chime in with an actual solution. Just posting letting you know that you aren't alone and that probably happens for everyone.

I think I found the solution: I just disabled the touch screen in an action layer for RE4 and I played for like three hours today with no issues.

Do the Epic Game store games work on this bad boy? Playing RE4 is putting me in a KH2 mood.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

For people that are running Destiny 2 are you able to hit a locked 60 fps or should I be trying to lower the refresh down to 40hz in windows and playing that way?

It hovers closer to 40-50 and dips to the 30s in combat. It's not ideal for raids but basic pinnacle playlist poo poo it's great

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It hovers closer to 40-50 and dips to the 30s in combat. It's not ideal for raids but basic pinnacle playlist poo poo it's great

Ok thanks. Maybe I’ll see about setting the windows refresh down to 40 and take it from there.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Halo master chief collection says it's unsupported is that just the multiplayer because of anti cheat? Like if I buy it will I be able to play the campaigns

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I've started using Xcloud on Deck and it's awesome.

I'm trying many more games now that I can press "play" without downloading. I underestimated how much installation stopped me from exploring "maybe" games.

My original plan was to install Windows on an SD card, but it feels less urgent now. I'm pretty satisfied with the image quality and latency on Deck.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

fadam posted:

Do the Epic Game store games work on this bad boy? Playing RE4 is putting me in a KH2 mood.

The Heroic Launcher seems to work well enough. Some games you might have to go into the settings and change it from wine to proton or whatever if it doesn't work straight off.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

worms butthole guy posted:

thats awesome. Does it still have a memory leak that crashes it every hour?

the older proton fixes that

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

DrWrestling69 posted:

Halo master chief collection says it's unsupported is that just the multiplayer because of anti cheat? Like if I buy it will I be able to play the campaigns

mine crashed on start up on my deck lol, even after trying to get around the anti-cheat stuff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DrWrestling69 posted:

I think the multiplayer is actually a Deck Verified title. You can play the campaign but I think the videos don’t work which is why it’s down as unsupported. You can get around this by running a custom version of Proton and deleting the videos. I know this sounds like mega difficult nerd poo poo but it’s fairly straightforward once you’re in desktop mode.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Thanks lads. I will probably leave it for now. I have hoarded a decent amount of stuff through sales and humble bundles and my deck isn't even here yet.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think the multiplayer is actually a Deck Verified title. You can play the campaign but I think the videos don’t work which is why it’s down as unsupported. You can get around this by running a custom version of Proton and deleting the videos. I know this sounds like mega difficult nerd poo poo but it’s fairly straightforward once you’re in desktop mode.

huh that's probably something to look into at some point, it doesn't look too difficult based on some googling :cheers:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

sigher posted:

I think I would have too, honestly that middle model that kinda looks like an Aya Neo is sexy as all hell.
This one? Because here's a video of it booting up:

https://twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1569445637799956480

According to a quote tweet by one of the industrial designers, it was too flat to hold comfortably for long periods of play.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Kins posted:

https://twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1569445637799956480

According to a quote tweet by one of the industrial designers, it was too flat to hold comfortably for long periods of play.

The current Deck is really silky smooth to hold,just wish it weighed a bit less.

Magic Shortbus
Jul 22, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

What kind of battery life do you get out of Destiny running local? I've been streaming a lot of Destiny 2 from my big PC to the Deck and can get at least 3.5 hours which is quite a bit longer than I'm going to play the game handheld. Since I'm always using the Deck either on the couch or in bed it seems like a huge hassle to install Windows and Destiny on the deck for a weaker experience graphically and performance wise. The game runs at 120fps on my big PC and it performs fantastic on local streaming with that framerate culled to 60.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

The Kins posted:

That's a weird looking New 2DSXL.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Is there a way to update the emulators and stuff without going into desktop mode? I regularly switch to desktop mode to check for updates and an emulator will almost always have one and then some system stuff will have some updates too.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Got my deck a couple days ago, having a good time with this thing but it's really laying bare just how janky and inconsistent Steam Cloud is. Been jumping between the deck and my PC to work on my Factorio SE base and half the time it either takes multiple attempts to upload my save to the cloud or, as is the case this morning, just plain doesn't work for extended periods of time. I'm loving being able to do some biter clearing and other busy work this game requires from bed, but the transition between platforms is way less than seamless and it's frustrating the gently caress out of me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What’s better, windows 10 or 11 for dual booting ?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Foul Fowl posted:

huh that's probably something to look into at some point, it doesn't look too difficult based on some googling :cheers:

Yeah I did it and it wasn't too difficult. Only played the intro mission of Halo 1 but it worked well!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Cowman posted:

Is there a way to update the emulators and stuff without going into desktop mode? I regularly switch to desktop mode to check for updates and an emulator will almost always have one and then some system stuff will have some updates too.

Add Discover as a non-steam game and occasionally open it to update your apps? This definitely seems like something they should improve upon.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Gay Retard posted:

Add Discover as a non-steam game and occasionally open it to update your apps? This definitely seems like something they should improve upon.

I didn't know you could do that, that's pretty clever

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Been reading reports that the newly ported Judgment and Lost Judgment work on the Deck without much issue like the Yaluza/Like A Dragon games and FSR 2.0 is present.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Magic Shortbus posted:

What kind of battery life do you get out of Destiny running local? I've been streaming a lot of Destiny 2 from my big PC to the Deck and can get at least 3.5 hours which is quite a bit longer than I'm going to play the game handheld. Since I'm always using the Deck either on the couch or in bed it seems like a huge hassle to install Windows and Destiny on the deck for a weaker experience graphically and performance wise. The game runs at 120fps on my big PC and it performs fantastic on local streaming with that framerate culled to 60.

Yeah it’s roughly 2 hours. I don’t regularly leave my main PC on and I take my deck out of the house a lot so I was looking for a local option.

It seems like forcing the deck to use 4gb of vram in the bios seemed to help as well? I’m pretty sure it did at least. I need to install CRU and cap the refresh down to 40 though as it’s not an option in windows natively.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Been reading reports that the newly ported Judgment and Lost Judgment work on the Deck without much issue like the Yaluza/Like A Dragon games and FSR 2.0 is present.

Whaaaa? They got ported?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

fadam posted:

Whaaaa? They got ported?

Dropped this morning in a surprise announcement during a Like A Dragon stream.

Reason? Unsure but this has been going around:

https://twitter.com/SlimelordKRS/status/1570033822640775174

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Absolutely based

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fadam posted:

Absolutely based

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

"Retro Game Corps" just released a new video on emulating games on Steam Deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBf15Z2xoiY

I need to try some PS3 and Switch games on my Deck. Guess I better hack my release-day Switch so I can dump my carts and game saves.