Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'm not sure if "compelling" is the right word.

It's a bummer tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh man he REALLY wanted to get into Hillary.

This seems like it was their strategy from the get go. In one of the Knowledge Fight deposition episodes Bankston mentioned that Alex tried to subpoena Hillary Clinton. There view of thing s is that no on cared about Sandy Hook until 2016 when Hillary Clinton broight it yp to ounish Alex for supporting Trump.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah in theory this could have been a pretty big case that someone wanting some national attention could have grabbed onto (same with Trump right now, holy poo poo lawyers should be fist fighting each other in the street to represent him) but since he is a giant idiot you get some moron who can't remember how to properly object

Trumps lawyers also have to be hyper vigilant about demanding payment for everything in advance, which you just know Trump constantly throws tantrums about.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This seems like it was their strategy from the get go. In one of the Knowledge Fight deposition episodes Bankston mentioned that Alex tried to subpoena Hillary Clinton. There view of thing s is that no on cared about Sandy Hook until 2016 when Hillary Clinton broight it yp to ounish Alex for supporting Trump.

Okay, but what exactly does this do for them.

If they sued Clinton, I guess it could do something but here?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
A whole month of this. A long gruelling month for the jurors.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Yeah I only learned about it from Hillary. It's 100% political. I wasn't crying and watching it on every single news station that was playing it right when it happened. :jerkbag:

These people are terrible.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
"I don't want to hear 'Hillary Clinton' again" was a rare bright spot in today's proceedings.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Nah it was even grosser than that.

One of Alex's lawyers (I think Pattis, actually, but don't trust me on that) transcribed a plaintiff's confidential testimony that was supposed to be sealed, then he added that onto something he filed against Hillary Clinton so all her details would be in the public record.

The Hillary part was just his weird strategy to doxx a woman he'd already thoroughly traumatized. It's in the first Formulaic Objections episode that had Bankston on, I wanna say number 4?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If I saw Alex I would get as close as I could with his 12 security guards and say BLAAA

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Jesus walked around with twelve security guards did you ever think about that

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Not to be pedantic about it, but Jesus walked around 11 security guards and one narc. Alex is missing the extra narc.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Alex Jones on air: "I'm not afraid to die! When the New World Order comes for me I will fearlessly accept my martyrdom."

Alex jones IRL: *Needs a dozen security guards before he leaves the house*

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

1hey, listen, Alex Jones said he wasn't afraid of being martyred the NWO. People coming after him because he repeatedly called them crisis actors after their loved ones were killed in a mass shooting and made them the targets of extended harassment by his wingnut followers? That's another thing entirely. Alex Jones NEEDS all thise bodyguards to protect him from the repercussions of his own actions!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Morroque posted:

Not to be pedantic about it, but Jesus walked around 11 security guards and one narc. Alex is missing the extra narc.

I suspect in this case, alex is his own judas

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Morroque posted:

Imagine if the apostles were like Jones's crew, they'd get themselves crucified and we'd all be pagan

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So what time does day two start?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BigRed0427 posted:

So what time does day two start?

I believe 10 am.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I believe 10 am.

Eastern US time if you're like me and make timezone errors a lot

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is Alex Jones due to testify today or any other day?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Considering the time of year they should have played the clip of Alex Jones blaming Israel for 9/11 as 9/11 was happening.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is Alex Jones due to testify today or any other day?

He's going to take the stand but at this point I don't think we know exactly when.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Considering the time of year they should have played the clip of Alex Jones blaming Israel for 9/11 as 9/11 was happening.

Don't forget the European Union!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
A little interesting. The last trial (if you listened to knowledge fight) we were familer with Bankston and Reynal was a total unknown and this time the roles are reversed.

We know more than enough about Pattis but nothing about the lead plaintiff. I don't even remember his name.

Edit: the stream will start in 10 min. https://youtu.be/fUvEljcUwt4

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 14, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Livetweet thread for those who are unable to watch

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1570046684885028872

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So wait, did Norm try to enter documents into evidence that should have been turned over at discovery?

or is everything their talking about because of the fallout of the Texas case?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

So wait, did Norm try to enter documents into evidence that should have been turned over at discovery?

or is everything their talking about because of the fallout of the Texas case?

I think it was the first one

The (most recent/professional) corporate representative is on the stand to start. She's...interesting.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Think I figured it out: Jones’s lawyers are trying to piss the judge off so bad that she ultimately agrees to a fine of twice the annual US GDP, and they’ll appeal based upon that violating the 8th.

Otherwise I have no idea what the gently caress they’re doing (and I don’t think they know either).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Who is on the stand right now?

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

SalTheBard posted:

Brittany Paz, FSS "corporate representative" (she was hired randomly and had no preexisting relationship with the company).

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

SalTheBard posted:

This look like the Corporate Rep that testified extremely poorly in a Texas depo.

Edit: Yep Brittany Paz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEaMrQ5FJRc

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

The current corporate representative hired by Norm Pattis for Infowars/Free Speech Systems. Her deposition was covered in Knowledge Fight episode 685: Formulaic Objections Part 7

This 'I don't recall' poo poo is her being unprepared to do her job in a way that's fully disrespectful to the process.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not sure the exact title, but a corporate representative of Infowars(or rather, their parent company). Only a representative for this case though, not like an actual employee or anything.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Randalor posted:

1hey, listen, Alex Jones said he wasn't afraid of being martyred the NWO. People coming after him because he repeatedly called them crisis actors after their loved ones were killed in a mass shooting and made them the targets of extended harassment by his wingnut followers? That's another thing entirely. Alex Jones NEEDS all thise bodyguards to protect him from the repercussions of his own actions!

Has anyone ever tried to get Jones into a charity boxing match or something? I know he's a dude who claims to be super fit, was always getting into knife fights with his bare hands and winning after being jumped, loves getting really into people's faces and even physically harassing them, etc. I would have thought that he'd pissed off enough people that one of them would have had to have throw down a "put up or shut up" gauntlet and ask to settle it in the ring.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The three videos streaming on that channel are

Parkland School Shooter Penalty Phase

Alex Jones Defamation Trial: Sand Hook 'Hoax' Lawsuit

and

Pike County Massacre Trial OH v. George Wagner IV

what a terrible lineup

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Has anyone ever tried to get Jones into a charity boxing match or something? I know he's a dude who claims to be super fit, was always getting into knife fights with his bare hands and winning after being jumped, loves getting really into people's faces and even physically harassing them, etc. I would have thought that he'd pissed off enough people that one of them would have had to have throw down a "put up or shut up" gauntlet and ask to settle it in the ring.

I'm afraid he would literally stomp my guts out like that guy he "killed"

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

There is absolutely no chance he would do that he would not risk his "masculinity" in any public sphere.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
My suggestion for the fight would be that the opponent would have to dress up like the literal Christian devil and Alex Jones would dress up like King Hippo from Punch-Out.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Alex Jones vs Uwe Boll in a fight to the death

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I thought initially she was getting lowballed on her price but now I see it wasn't that far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

Casually admitting that all the crypto donations go directly to Alex, not the company.