Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Trying to clean up my mana and sticking with pure Boros... Archangel can only do half a Warleader's Helix now, but on the other hand, Serra Paragon is pretty good... all the Spirited Companions that blocked early game come back as cantrips later, also I can get back any Spirit Realms that might have been destroyed

And speaking of Invoke Despair... it was actually pretty useful recently that Companion counts as an enchantment lol, another layer of protection over this enchantment-heavy deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Here's my weird hosed up artisan Skyturtle Repo deck after a lot of tweaking. Went to 3 each of the signature cards after losing games where I drew too many early. More Xander's Wakes is probably right but I didn't want to craft more. The sac lands are great for letting Skyturtle/kicked Repo/Eccentric Farmer get lands. And I probably like the creature toolbox thing too much. Life of Toshiro Umezawa is probably my favorite weird permanent to pick up off a kicked Repo; the creature form gives you mana to cast more Repos!

Deck
3 Urborg Repossession (DMU) 114
3 Colossal Skyturtle (NEO) 216
4 Forest (GRN) 264
2 Tear Asunder (DMU) 183
1 Diregraf Scavenger (VOW) 105
4 Fell Stinger (VOW) 112
4 Jewel Thief (SNC) 151
1 Island (RNA) 261
2 Waterfront District (SNC) 259
4 Jungle Hollow (M21) 247
1 Night Clubber (SNC) 89
1 Cleanup Crew (SNC) 141
1 Eccentric Farmer (MID) 185
1 Gravelighter (NEO) 98
1 Outland Liberator (MID) 190
2 Infernal Grasp (MID) 107
1 Riveteers Overlook (SNC) 255
4 Evolving Wilds (M20) 246
2 Thornwood Falls (NEO) 279
2 Xander's Wake (Y22) 9
2 Choking Miasma (DMU) 86
3 Cut Down (DMU) 89
6 Swamp (RNA) 262
1 Life of Toshiro Umezawa (NEO) 108
1 Circuit Mender (NEO) 242
1 Cast Down (HBG) 148
1 Deathbloom Gardener (DMU) 159
1 A-Hobbling Zombie (MID) 106

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

reignonyourparade posted:

Alright I've been playing through this and honestly have to ask: what is sunset revelry supposed to be doing here? I don't think there's been a single time i've actually wanted to cast it, but since it's in the list i'm assuming i'm piloting the thing wrong.

Against aggressive decks, it's gain 4 life and make 2 dudes, which is great. Against slow decks, just treat it like it has Cycling 1W.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Any help with this draft deck? There are quite a few considerations I'm unsure about

https://sealeddeck.tech/gC5q5geCzp

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

fridge corn posted:

Any help with this draft deck? There are quite a few considerations I'm unsure about

https://sealeddeck.tech/gC5q5geCzp
Yeah it's a bit awkward, especially the curve. I would go with sth like this:
https://sealeddeck.tech/VbigOMphJu
Lighter on the white splash, the swarm to bring the curve down and allow you to survive longer, the worst wall out, Prophecy over Braids (which I think is not very good)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.17lands.com/draft/7cf563e09a044024ad3f6dc7ddd6d27f

Curious about a review of this draft. Felt like a tough one, not sure if I missed something else that was a better path to take. Ended up going 3-0 with it, but it seemed like a good one to go back and review for different picks

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 14, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

Yeah it's a bit awkward, especially the curve. I would go with sth like this:
https://sealeddeck.tech/VbigOMphJu
Lighter on the white splash, the swarm to bring the curve down and allow you to survive longer, the worst wall out, Prophecy over Braids (which I think is not very good)

Cool, I like what you've done with it. Feels weird to leave Take Up the Shield out tho, like leaving the house without your phone or something lol

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Cool, I like what you've done with it. Feels weird to leave Take Up the Shield out tho, like leaving the house without your phone or something lol
It's great but it's not a card I want to splash for. If you want to include it, feel free of course, but when splashing unless you have, like, five duals that just give you the colors for free, I always think "okay I might not have this color before turn five, or turn seven even, is it still worth". It CAN be, but that's also a bit dependent on your playstyle re: tricks etc. and the deck, and idk about this one needing it to set up a crucial 2-for-1 or giving you life back you really need or whatever. I could be wrong!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Shooting Blanks posted:

This. Anyone have an easy Artisan list already put together? I haven't been playing much since DMU came out, not sure about the format yet.

Dailies forbade me doing Balmor, so I did Anvil and honestly it basically builds itself.

Deck
4 Oni-Cult Anvil (NEO) 230
7 Mountain (HBG) 304
5 Swamp (HBG) 300
4 Bloodtithe Harvester (VOW) 232
4 Geothermal Bog (DMU) 247
4 Tramway Station (SNC) 258
4 Cut Down (DMU) 89
4 Play with Fire (MID) 154
4 Reinforced Ronin (NEO) 158
4 Voldaren Epicure (VOW) 182
4 Experimental Synthesizer (NEO) 138
4 Kalain, Reclusive Painter (AFR) 225
4 Iron Apprentice (NEO) 248
4 Patchwork Automaton (NEO) 254

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
for anyone just wanting to faceroll the Artisan event, here's a quick and dirty burn list that has just plowed through seven people in a row without stopping(except the Wall player who roped every turn out of spite)

Deck
4 Flame-Blessed Bolt (VOW) 158
18 Mountain (HBG) 304
4 Shock (STA) 44
4 Lightning Strike (JMP) 152
4 Call In a Professional (SNC) 103
4 Moonrager's Slash (MID) 148
4 Kumano Faces Kakkazan (NEO) 152
4 Phoenix Chick (DMU) 140
4 Voldaren Epicure (VOW) 182
4 Electrostatic Infantry (DMU) 122
2 Smash to Dust (DMU) 144

the phoenix chicks do a ton of legwork especially alongside kumano, and generally you can just shoot the opponent in the face by the time they've set anything up to finish them off. the smash to dusts are for the fairly prevalent wall players, if they get a bunch of walls down and drop the chaplain it'll spawn like half a dozen birds which you can either mass gib with smash to dust or kill the chaplain with it. edit: and anvil decks of course

electrostatic infantry is also of course just an absurd card

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 14, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Sierkovitz/status/1570008889508118529?t=2GIjg6z1prGuYTKWTTwayw&s=19

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i wish this midweek event was another one of those "play any card" style ones. not only would it make more sense as a teaser to get people interested in alchemy, i also just dont want to have to bother crafting cards and brewing a deck is a pain in the dick lol

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

https://www.17lands.com/draft/7cf563e09a044024ad3f6dc7ddd6d27f

Curious about a review of this draft. Felt like a tough one, not sure if I missed something else that was a better path to take. Ended up going 3-0 with it, but it seemed like a good one to go back and review for different picks
P1P3: would have taken Lagomos. You have one of his colors already, and the Infantry does not pair well with W or B. Also, being BR with white to give you lots of extra bodies to sac is sick. Of course, you are still very open here, so it's not necessarily wrong, but you want to hear about different paths ;)
P1P5: would have been Skyrider for me, it's Uncommon so you'll see it less often, Strike Teams are great but I've seen them go late, and if you don't end up playing red, a 3 mana 2/2 flying flash is absolutely reasonable, but you won't splash red for the strike team I don't think
P1P7: tough one, I'm personally not a fan of the Griffin but there's not much else there. I think in your case I might have taken the Tributary because blue seems reasonably open, the Infantry rules with U as second color, and maybe the land is useful for kicker/domain/splash. In my case (Lagomos > Infantry), probably actually the Protector, yeah
P1P8: I don't see you in green at all, take Shadow Prophecy
P1P9: same here, don't know why the Rootwalla was your pivot argument. I'd have tried the Librarian there, lots of people have reported it being great to fix shaky hands and manabases
P1P10: absolutely if you're going into Domain, possibly for my path as well, Vivisector can always be gotten at some point
P1P11: interesting. I'm a fan of the abom but it might be actual garbage. I think the format just doesn't reward pure aggression much. I might have tried Thrill here which seems good, but I have never seen it picked high or talked about, so...for the Infantry it's great however

P2P1: lucky you! I'd splash for that too, also there's nothing at all in the pack otherwise
P2P4: without the green cards, it's Cavalier here for an aggressive go-wide RWb deck
P2P5: I don't know how you could possibly take the Strike Team over Missionary, which is good even in an aggressive deck. Personally, I'd actually take Braids because I like to have fun, if I get more token makers she's gonna be hilarious, also maybe I'll put an artifact or two in later, AND I want the rare
P2P6: Phalanx can be insane with enough creatures (consider that I'd have taken the Cavalier for excellent curving), Hurler is also a strong consideration because I currently have no five drop and am aiming to get more fodder makers. Also consider the pairing with Lagomos
P2P7: I'd take that here now, of course. Again, people don't value them super highly (possibly also because Red is considered "eh" at most), so you don't need to pick them up so early imo
P2P8: Faithbonder sucks (maybe less if you Enlist a strike team but ughhh), it's the land for me
P2P9: Thrall, easily, considering the sac direction I'm going
P2P11: Yotia to pair with Braids

P3P1: Hell yeah Karn + Yotia + Braids core
P3P3: land for me
P3P4: Phalanx now if I didn't get it before and I think I'd take the second too. You should have taken the Brawler!
P3P5: best choice for you, nothing here for me. Raredraft
P3P7: don't see my choices in front of me, not too much black tho I'm p sure, so Herbalist over Rager is probably correct for both of us
P3P8: Sleeper for me because I already have a Prophecy, maybe also better for you? I don't see you playing B at this point, just splashing, and Prophecy is not a great splash
P3P10: I see you're out of Domain and green again, I still don't like Faithbonder. Possibly Librarian if you didn't take it before, otherwise...yeah take faithbonder whatever

Congrats on the victory!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

hmm this seems spicy

https://twitter.com/CBotelhoMagic/status/1569958005286010880

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

<draft review>

Thanks for going so deep on that! I struggled over that p1p3 pick for a while, and definitely think if I had gone Lagamos I would've had a lot better direction for the rest of the draft.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
free gold in the shop today

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

precision posted:

free gold in the shop today

I love goooold!

Also it's funny that alchemy artisan lets you use cards that can pull rares from outside your deck (draft from spell book)

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Whooping Crabs posted:

Also it's funny that alchemy artisan lets you use cards that can pull rares from outside your deck (draft from spell book)

Yeah funny. I think all my games were against WB spell book with imperial recovery unit as recursion. such a slog to fight through.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

For MWM I yet again built monored because it's all I know

Deck
4 Kumano Faces Kakkazan (NEO) 152
21 Mountain (HBG) 304
4 Rabbit Battery (NEO) 157
4 Reinforced Ronin (NEO) 158
4 Battle Cry Goblin (AFR) 132
4 Kami's Flare (NEO) 150
4 Patchwork Automaton (NEO) 254
4 Ancestral Anger (VOW) 142
3 Experimental Synthesizer (NEO) 138
2 Hobgoblin Captain (AFR) 148
2 Shock (ANB) 84

It's 12-2 so far out of all the games I actually managed to record. I have no lightning strikes because I haven't drafted yet and didn't feel like crafting them. I looked at the stuff above 2 cmc and they just seem to sort of suck without the rares, so I just have a bunch of card draw instead (and a manadump with the goblin).

It doesn't do as well facing off against alchemy cards like Xander's Wake, but with so many people trying to play with bad manabases just casting a ronin or two every turn will kill people dead.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

MasterBuilder posted:

Yeah funny. I think all my games were against WB spell book with imperial recovery unit as recursion. such a slog to fight through.

Just had one of these guys try to rope me out when I played my second Xander's Wake lol

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Repeat after me: greed is good.

Shocked at how good the druid and farmer work out to be, tbh. It's usually like drawing 2-3 cards in addition to the body. The mana is also quite reliable as long as you pay attention to your fetches. Four color Artisan is a hell of a drug.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 14, 2022

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I did the anvil sac deck for the event and went 5-1. The loss was a turn 2 concede to a flipped delver + curiosity + a revealed shore up in hand

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I was only playing Brawl during that Alchemy set so I dropped down to Gold in ranked. I just grabbed my Minion of the Mighty deck I posted recently (hit "?" below my username to find post) and went from Gold 4 all the way back up to Mythic in a week worth of doing the 15 daily games, no extra grinding:

Literally never doesn't get me into Mythic Historic. I'll bulldoze WotC if they ever ban anything in this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I thought going up to 4 Elspeths may have been too much...

No, it's a pretty good number

The current version:

I thought that cutting out black lands would prevent me from going full Warleader's Helix but I forgot how many treasures I can make lol

Edit:

:getin:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 15, 2022

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Zero VGS posted:

I was only playing Brawl during that Alchemy set so I dropped down to Gold in ranked. I just grabbed my Minion of the Mighty deck I posted recently (hit "?" below my username to find post) and went from Gold 4 all the way back up to Mythic in a week worth of doing the 15 daily games, no extra grinding:

Literally never doesn't get me into Mythic Historic. I'll bulldoze WotC if they ever ban anything in this.

just went back and looked at it and lmao that looks fun as hell, whats the play? get a minion of the mighty, scale up, and a dragon and scale up the minion turn 2? or is there more to it im not seeing

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

It's great but it's not a card I want to splash for. If you want to include it, feel free of course, but when splashing unless you have, like, five duals that just give you the colors for free, I always think "okay I might not have this color before turn five, or turn seven even, is it still worth". It CAN be, but that's also a bit dependent on your playstyle re: tricks etc. and the deck, and idk about this one needing it to set up a crucial 2-for-1 or giving you life back you really need or whatever. I could be wrong!

3-1 so far. Deck is tons of fun.

I've played so many different kinds of decks in this format and they've all been super fun and capable. This an absolute GOAT format without a doubt.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also what is with the auto lands this format giving HBG lands instead of DMU lands? Am I the only one who goes in and manually swaps out the lands for DMU lands for their draft decks?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

quite stretched out posted:

just went back and looked at it and lmao that looks fun as hell, whats the play? get a minion of the mighty, scale up, and a dragon and scale up the minion turn 2? or is there more to it im not seeing

The trick to winning is a combination of smart mulligans, and sussing out whether or not your opponent is capable of disrupting you in first couple turns (if I'm on the play, I've even used the opponent's Avatar and card cover as a hint, they tend to be "honest" more often than not, like Nissa + Nissa Card Cover is probably an elf deck, so just race them). If I have the combo in hand and I see the opponent drop a White or Green land I go full speed ahead because Portable Hole or Blizzard Brawl isn't particularly common in those colors. If I see the opponent is clearly playing control, I'll also try to avoid tipping my hand by Faithless Looting a dragon into my graveyard so they can notice what my deck is.

You want to mulligan just about every hand without Minion. I mulled to 2 and won several times if I can just get Minion, Dual Land, Scale Up, Dragon. On rare occasion I've used the force and decided to dig for Minion if I have several Faithless Looting and scry lands and I've already taken a couple mulls, but that's a risk.

You also need to pay special attention to whether or not you have Reckless Charge. That card gives Haste, so it enables you to hold Minion in your hand until you have 3 lands open, wait for the opponent to tap out, and slam out a Hasted Minion with Reckless and any other pump spell. That's often the correct route if you see the opponent do something like turn 1 Soul-Scar Mage, or if you're going first and you don't have the cards in hand for a turn 2 combo. You can also use either a second Minion, or Wild Shape, to bait out removal.

There's only 3 named dragons in my version.

If you know the opponent doesn't have mana for an instant-speed removal/bounce, you can use the red dragon (Terror of Mount Velus) to kill them on the spot from double-strike (22 damage on turn 2, good to know because even life-gain can't really get past 22 by then).

If you combo with the green dragon, you'll usually net 13 treasure tokens. You can use these to flash out the gold dragon at the end of opponent's turn, dig for threats with Faithless Looting, protect your board with Wild Shape, or hardcast more dragons in later turns if the opponent wipes the board somehow.

If you combo with the gold dragon (Chromium, the Mutable), he can become a 1/1 hexproof+unblockable at instant speed by discarding a card. You can protect him from targeted removal with this, and in a pinch you can intentionally make him that way on your turn then use a pump spell (if the opponent has flying chumps you want to sneak by to finish them). As mentioned previously, you can flash him in, and he's uncounterable. I've slammed him that way on the opponent's turn after they've used a Wrath or Murder on the green dragon.

You're right though, it really is fun. There's a lot of subtle interactions/mistakes and mind-games that can make or break a match (I would have won a match today against an active Tef5ri who countered my bait spells, but I didn't notice one of my lands was red-only and I sequenced wrong), and the average match time is like 60 seconds so it feels like you're playing Turbo Magic. I absolutely scream up the ranks to Mythic every season though.

If you don't have all the wildcards, Stomping Ground and Karpulsan Forest are by far the most important (and are best-in-slot in literally every Gruul deck). Dragons can be subbed for others like the D20 dragons, but I've found that trio to be the best, and 12 dragons total seems to be the magic number.

edit: one last thing. Sometimes I've won 8 games in a row with this deck, or lost 7 games in a row. Sometimes I've mulled down to 0 and conceded for 3 games in a row. Sometimes I'm tantalizingly close to instantly winning and the opponent has the exact answer ready. You need to be salt-resistant to pilot this deck because it feels like a glorified slot machine.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 15, 2022

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I wanted to play some more artisan this morning:
4-0 with my defender deck, all against monored.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

The trick to winning is a combination of smart mulligans, and sussing out whether or not your opponent is capable of disrupting you in first couple turns (if I'm on the play, I've even used the opponent's Avatar and card cover as a hint, they tend to be "honest" more often than not, like Nissa + Nissa Card Cover is probably an elf deck, so just race them). If I have the combo in hand and I see the opponent drop a White or Green land I go full speed ahead because Portable Hole or Blizzard Brawl isn't particularly common in those colors. If I see the opponent is clearly playing control, I'll also try to avoid tipping my hand by Faithless Looting a dragon into my graveyard so they can notice what my deck is.

You want to mulligan just about every hand without Minion. I mulled to 2 and won several times if I can just get Minion, Dual Land, Scale Up, Dragon. On rare occasion I've used the force and decided to dig for Minion if I have several Faithless Looting and scry lands and I've already taken a couple mulls, but that's a risk.

You also need to pay special attention to whether or not you have Reckless Charge. That card gives Haste, so it enables you to hold Minion in your hand until you have 3 lands open, wait for the opponent to tap out, and slam out a Hasted Minion with Reckless and any other pump spell. That's often the correct route if you see the opponent do something like turn 1 Soul-Scar Mage, or if you're going first and you don't have the cards in hand for a turn 2 combo. You can also use either a second Minion, or Wild Shape, to bait out removal.

If you know the opponent doesn't have mana for an instant-speed removal/bounce, you can use the red dragon (Terror of Mount Velus) to kill them on the spot from double-strike (22 damage on turn 2, good to know because even life-gain can't really get past 22 by then).

If you combo with the green dragon, you'll usually net 13 treasure tokens. You can use these to flash out the gold dragon at the end of opponent's turn, dig for threats with Faithless Looting, protect your board with Wild Shape, or hardcast more dragons in later turns if the opponent wipes the board somehow.

If you combo with the gold dragon (Chromium, the Mutable), he can become a 1/1 hexproof+unblockable at instant speed by discarding a card. You can protect him from targeted removal with this, and in a pinch you can intentionally make him that way on your turn then use a pump spell (if the opponent has flying chumps you want to sneak by to finish them). As mentioned previously, you can flash him in, and he's uncounterable. I've slammed him that way on the opponent's turn after they've used a Wrath or Murder on the green dragon.

You're right though, it really is fun. There's a lot of subtle interactions/mistakes and mind-games that can make or break a match (I would have won a match today against an active Tef5ri who countered my bait spells, but I didn't notice one of my lands was red-only and I sequenced wrong), and the average match time is like 60 seconds so it feels like you're playing Turbo Magic. I absolutely scream up the ranks to Mythic every season though.

If you don't have all the wildcards, Stomping Ground and Karpulsan Forest are by far the most important (and are best-in-slot in literally every Gruul deck). Dragons can be subbed for others like the D20 dragons, but I've found that trio to be the best, and 12 dragons total seems to be the magic number.

edit: one last thing. Sometimes I've won 8 games in a row with this deck, or lost 7 games in a row. Sometimes I've mulled down to 0 and conceded for 3 games in a row. Sometimes I'm tantalizingly close to instantly winning and the opponent has the exact answer ready. You need to be salt-resistant to pilot this deck because it feels like a glorified slot machine.

Earthquake Dragon is an interesting addition.

Another key thing I found having run it for a while is that the 7 power or more is really key. Without lifegain, you then only need one more attack from your dragon, to finish the opponent. Smaller dragons with more flashy effects (Terror of Mount Velus excepted) don't cut it because you swing turn 2, get them to like... 9... then you have to hit twice more for it to work, and unless your dragon is 6 power, you can't cheat in another one. ANd you're probably already out of pump spells.

This deck walks an absolute razor's edge of efficiency and it wins or loses on mulls. I found running it for a few weeks on 4 wins wasn't enough to get out of plat, but it's got a 50% plus winrate, so it gets you there eventually, but it can be quite streaky and frustrating in short runs. 3 or 4 matches in a row where you mull to 0 before seeing a Minion gets kinda frustrating.

The colours have got SO much more forgiving now with the painlands being back, though.

Doing turn 1 minion into opposing tapland on the play followed by turn 2 6 power pump, terror, win before they literally do anything is amazing thoguh.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 15, 2022

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I've been curious for a while, how does duplomancy combo with Jin Gitaxis?

It doesn't, copies aren't cast.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
wait, is your default Explorer rank always the same as your Standard rank??? because lmao if so. that would explain a lot

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Zero VGS posted:

thank you for the big write up! i subbed out the dragons for various (ancient copper, ancient bronze, earthquake) ones that i had copies of cos i knew i would enjoy the deck but wanted to scrimp on wildcards if possible and its fuckin fun! even managed to survive someone taking out my first minion in my first game playing it and come back with a massive earthquake dragon off treasure tokens

definitely a fun deck id recommend people try

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

wait, is your default Explorer rank always the same as your Standard rank??? because lmao if so. that would explain a lot

yes you have one constructed rank and one limited rank

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

What's the go-to stat/stats for comparing card values on 17L? Is it Improvement When Drawn?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

thespaceinvader posted:

What's the go-to stat/stats for comparing card values on 17L? Is it Improvement When Drawn?

Game in Hand win rate (GIH)

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It doesn't, copies aren't cast.

Dang

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

decisions, decisions lol

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

palamedes posted:

Here's my weird hosed up artisan Skyturtle Repo deck after a lot of tweaking. Went to 3 each of the signature cards after losing games where I drew too many early. More Xander's Wakes is probably right but I didn't want to craft more. The sac lands are great for letting Skyturtle/kicked Repo/Eccentric Farmer get lands. And I probably like the creature toolbox thing too much. Life of Toshiro Umezawa is probably my favorite weird permanent to pick up off a kicked Repo; the creature form gives you mana to cast more Repos!

Deck
3 Urborg Repossession (DMU) 114
3 Colossal Skyturtle (NEO) 216
4 Forest (GRN) 264
2 Tear Asunder (DMU) 183
1 Diregraf Scavenger (VOW) 105
4 Fell Stinger (VOW) 112
4 Jewel Thief (SNC) 151
1 Island (RNA) 261
2 Waterfront District (SNC) 259
4 Jungle Hollow (M21) 247
1 Night Clubber (SNC) 89
1 Cleanup Crew (SNC) 141
1 Eccentric Farmer (MID) 185
1 Gravelighter (NEO) 98
1 Outland Liberator (MID) 190
2 Infernal Grasp (MID) 107
1 Riveteers Overlook (SNC) 255
4 Evolving Wilds (M20) 246
2 Thornwood Falls (NEO) 279
2 Xander's Wake (Y22) 9
2 Choking Miasma (DMU) 86
3 Cut Down (DMU) 89
6 Swamp (RNA) 262
1 Life of Toshiro Umezawa (NEO) 108
1 Circuit Mender (NEO) 242
1 Cast Down (HBG) 148
1 Deathbloom Gardener (DMU) 159
1 A-Hobbling Zombie (MID) 106

This was great, I kept going in the event each day because of how much I was enjoying myself. Only lost once to a burn deck, and going back that was just because I misspent my removal.

Probably going to try to upshift this to my first standard deck post-rotation. Going to go hunting through Golgari brews online for ideas now; does anyone have anything BG-ish they're running now or would recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i need to learn to stop playing these events where the gimmick lends itself to one obvious and stupid strategy (mono red removal/haste) because the matchmaker knows to only ever match me against people who have crafted the absolute most bullshit thing to get the wins