Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1570001366814265344

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1570003056661504000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

A shame really that she didn't time it for the heatwaves, could have singlehandedly made republicanism the default position because all the royalists would have died of heatstroke.

We could have had a repeat of William the Conqueror.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They should lean into it and combine it with a music festival. Everyone will have a great time at Queenfest 22

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Liveposting from the queue where I've been getting a lot of compliments on my sexy Queen cosplay with 6 foot anime sword.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They're switching off the internet during the funeral out of respect for the Queen (RIP).

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OzyMandrill posted:

Because - one of the early center parks had the main swimming pool and shop area under a giant dome/glass roof, back when that was rare and unusual. I forget if it was France or here, but they used that one domed area in all the publicity shots to give the idea they were all like that. I think it was part of their logo for a while.
I vaguely remember friends at school complaining that it was nothing like the adverts in the UK.

This has come as a much bigger shock to me than the loss of our queen. I'll need some time to get over it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Andy's back, this time in pog form:

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1569955307505303552?t=5_e00mbdlXUr3NkptrI_Hg&s=19

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
doof doof

doof doof

craaaaab peeeeooople craaaab peeeooopleee

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Do you think he asked Anne and she said no? Or did he go straight to Prince Nonce?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Nonce King of the Paedoph Isles.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Even if Andrew wasn't a nonce this would still be a huge snub to William, the literal adult heir.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Even if Andrew wasn't a nonce this would still be a huge snub to William, the literal adult heir.

Delegating to his heir would give the implication his health is failing.

Which it is, but the intention is to seem strong.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i cannot be doing with this whole thing again in the next 10 years at least

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

i cannot be doing with this whole thing again in the next 10 years at least

Ireland reunifying because "that loving funeral"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guess the IRA were right about members of the monarchy dying being politically advantageous.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

:shepface:

And so it begins, manufacturing is about to completely die in Britain. We've had several notice from suppliers now telling us to expect price increases of ~500% or more for machining, chemical blacking and nitriding. The one company told us their energy bill currently for doing liquid nitrocarburising is 200 grand, when their current contract expires with their power company in November it's going up to 1.2 million.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I really hope they drop the coffin right now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
David Baddiel to be brought in as an emergency consultant on chemical blacking.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Angrymog posted:

Do you think he asked Anne and she said no? Or did he go straight to Prince Nonce?

I think it's just the next X amount of people by line of succession are put on standby, rather than being specifically selected

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Drone_Fragger posted:

chemical blacking

???

E:

Guavanaut posted:

David Baddiel to be brought in as an emergency consultant on chemical blacking.

:doom:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

the mirror posted:

A man who apparently predicted the date of Queen Elizabeth II's death has also given a warning over the new King Charles III.

Logan Smith, who goes by the Twitter name of @logan_smith526, initially posted back in July that the UK's longest-serving monarch would die on September 8, 2022.

The specific date sadly became true when the Queen passed away "peacefully" last Thursday in Balmoral while surrounded by royal family members including King Charles and Princess Anne.

Smith's tweet has now gone viral, reports the Daily Star, after he also claimed in the same post that King Charles would die on March 28, 2026.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Too long, IMHO. This is disappointing news.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Deep constitutional questions arise

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Drone_Fragger posted:

:shepface:

And so it begins, manufacturing is about to completely die in Britain. We've had several notice from suppliers now telling us to expect price increases of ~500% or more for machining, chemical blacking and nitriding. The one company told us their energy bill currently for doing liquid nitrocarburising is 200 grand, when their current contract expires with their power company in November it's going up to 1.2 million.

In a similar vein BOC just got in touch with us that due to the CF Ammonia plant in Billingham shutting due to gas prices, CO2 is getting a surcharge of GBP1540/tonne. Expect fertiliser, fizzy drinks, and loads of other stuff to become phenomenally more expensive over the coming months.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This has come as a much bigger shock to me than the loss of our queen. I'll need some time to get over it.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I will write to my MP immediately to suggest a national day off to help you come to terms with it. Will next Monday be OK?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

StarkingBarfish posted:

In a similar vein BOC just got in touch with us that due to the CF Ammonia plant in Billingham shutting due to gas prices, CO2 is getting a surcharge of GBP1540/tonne. Expect fertiliser, fizzy drinks, and loads of other stuff to become phenomenally more expensive over the coming months.

While it may seem a smart move at first glance, stocking up your pantry with several tonnes of fertiliser ahead of the price rises is not advisable.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

big scary monsters posted:

While it may seem a smart move at first glance, stocking up your pantry with several tonnes of fertiliser ahead of the price rises is not advisable.

Does ammonium nitrate and coke do the same thing as menthos and coke? :thunk:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

StarkingBarfish posted:

I feel like you should include beer in your examples, given that it's also dependent on CO2 production, and losing it would be a bigger blow to public order than fizzy drinks.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It's what she would have wanted.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1570021094933016576

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

StarkingBarfish posted:

This will hopefully improve investment in direct ammonia electrolysis, it's already more efficient at the small scale than Haber-Bosch, and making most of the world's ammonia by burning natural gas can't go on.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I feel like you should include beer in your examples, given that it's also dependent on CO2 production, and losing it would be a bigger blow to public order than fizzy drinks.

Yeah that totally slipped my mind.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is how they source the serfs for her to be buried with

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Only for you piss loving lager drinkers, where the carbonation is added afterwards, to make up for your weak and tepid yeasts. For the glorious ale master race there's no issue because most bottle finished ale carbonates itself.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Only for you piss loving lager drinkers, where the carbonation is added afterwards, to make up for your weak and tepid yeasts. For the glorious ale master race there's no issue because most bottle finished ale carbonates itself.
When you drop the supply of one good, replacements will shoot up in price. The price of ale might increase by an order of magnitude if not more.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Microplastics posted:

For the longest time I, for some reason, assumed that center Parcs resorts (and butlins and all the others) were inside gigantic domes. I have no idea where that perception came from but it lasted into my 20s and even today my brain still goes to imagining domes whenever these resorts are mentioned
Possibly remembering the Summerland Fire? Summerland was inside a giant dome, yup yup. Emphasis on "was".

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Drone_Fragger posted:

I've been thinking of starting to brew my own since Christmas is gonna suck if it starts costing like £20 for 4 beers or something, and I could gift people beer. Cavemen figured it out, why not me (they did a lot of things I couldn't figure out, I'm gonna gently caress this up)

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

I think this is classified as deliberate self harm since these people could you know, walk away.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A Buttery Pastry posted:

When you drop the supply of one good, replacements will shoot up in price. The price of ale might increase by an order of magnitude if not more.

Putin will end up not only converting Europe to green energy but also entire nations into CAMRA neckbeards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I've been thinking of starting to brew my own since Christmas is gonna suck if it starts costing like £20 for 4 beers or something, and I could gift people beer. Cavemen figured it out, why not me (they did a lot of things I couldn't figure out, I'm gonna gently caress this up)
If you gently caress up a sourdough starter you get alcohol, if you leave some fruit in the jungle it turns into alcohol, pretty sure it's basically impossible to not make beer if you put some carbohydrates in water.

smellmycheese posted:

Putin will end up not only converting Europe to green energy but also entire nations into CAMRA neckbeards
We can only hope.