Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Just unbelievable how effective this schtick is at bullying anxious nerds into reflexively apologizing and never asking questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is a totally random pull but the Michael Dorn thing reminded me of my favorite post from the gooncon 2008 thread (the one which nobody organized and 14 people showed up)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2837429

This is an incredible stdh.txt

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'll catch some heat for this but she absolutely 1000% wanted to be the next Logan.
I would never have typed these words but I can 100% confirm she stayed in contact with him after his scandal. Multiple times they talked on the phone, at least according to him. She told him she got run off SA for "not being leftist enough". They commiserated together about the site being a "circular firing squad".

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

This is an incredible stdh.txt
no it definitely happened!

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I forget why did KM leave?

also her wanting to be the next lohgan is just sad.

Did she have buisness plan for the site or something?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Who's "Logan"? Can't find an SAclopedia entry. I support her wanting to be Hugh Jackman.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I would never have typed these words but I can 100% confirm she stayed in contact with him after his scandal. Multiple times they talked on the phone, at least according to him. She told him she got run off SA for "not being leftist enough". They commiserated together about the site being a "circular firing squad".

good lord

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ups_rail posted:

I forget why did KM leave?

also her wanting to be the next lohgan is just sad.

Did she have buisness plan for the site or something?

the braindead admins stopped listening to her and without attention she withered into dust like a vampire in the sun

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Who's "Logan"? Can't find an SAclopedia entry. I support her wanting to be Hugh Jackman.

lowtaxs latest romantic partner at the time poo poo was going down

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Logan Paul, of course. She wanted to earn internet clout by taking a video of herself next to a suicide victim.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

it rules that this was happening at the same time a secret forums enemy hitlist of a bunch of my friends was being circulated in cspam by dumb lowtax and sestze because we talked about neopeots in the old sagas thread. this website is so dumb dude.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Tunicate posted:

Logan Paul, of course. She wanted to earn internet clout by taking a video of herself next to a suicide victim.

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Without going into too lurid details Logan appeared on goon Facebook and caught Lowtax's attention, resulting in him leaving his then wife and child to meet her. This would lead to a messy divorce and Logan moving into his home, which then led to him physically assaulting her. The expose of the assault, along with a number of other matters, ultimately made him sell the site to Jeffrey.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This site is a loving soap opera for the terminally online.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Without going into too lurid details Logan appeared on goon Facebook and caught Lowtax's attention, resulting in him leaving his then wife and child to meet her. This would lead to a messy divorce and Logan moving into his home, which then led to him physically assaulting her. The expose of the assault, along with a number of other matters, ultimately made him sell the site to Jeffrey.

Oh its better than that.

Richard losing twitter and not being liked here went to boomer posting on facebook and ran off to Salt lake city for more than week to have sex with another woman under the guise of "pitching a script" and recusing from some bad therapist or something. His wife saw the bank card statements. Richard came home to see that his wife and daughter we re gone, first wife took her to a shelter.

rich started having a melt down on both facebook and here and couldnt grasp he did anything wrong. He then moved in the new woman. blah blah blah drinking and drugs and then because of "sweaty toes" she shook him awak and he hit her.

At that point goons stopped donating to the SA patreon, he went from pulling like 10K a month to less than one so he sold to jeff.

He then went on to try to become a streamer, lost his divorce and ate a bullet.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Martman posted:

no it definitely happened!

I bet that poster's uncle works at Nintendo, too.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hahaha holy poo poo

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

it rules that this was happening at the same time a secret forums enemy hitlist of a bunch of my friends was being circulated in cspam by dumb lowtax and sestze because we talked about neopeots in the old sagas thread. this website is so dumb dude.

why isn't the hitlist guy sestze banned?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Reminded of the news that Lowtax and Zoe Quinn partnered up to write a medium article.

Dude for whatever reason kept finding women who desperately wanted to be involved with him in some way.

Also Futa Snake who used his death thread to both argue his case and re-reg a bunch of times to defend him.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

jesus lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

True friendship between two people who deserved each other

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

pentyne posted:

Reminded of the news that Lowtax and Zoe Quinn partnered up to write a medium article.

Dude for whatever reason kept finding women who desperately wanted to be involved with him in some way.

Also Futa Snake who used his death thread to both argue his case and re-reg a bunch of times to defend him.

When the news broke into the wide open that lowtax constantly committed adultery and was a woman-beater, he would write these screeds on FB about how he was the most innocent human being on earth and everyone was just out to get him. His profile page would be swarmed with women defending him (including one who wrote a post about how they first met at the airport* many years ago) and slobbering for him, to almost everyone else's consternation. At least one became a mod on his stream I think? Something also went down on that stream where apparently a popular member of the stream / discord passed away, yobgoblin (who was admin of the stream) was very upset and because he was upset about this, lowtax banned him.

Futa Snake was a Deeply Weird person who was eager to start a ton of drama with FB goons, who did not bite at all from what I'm aware. Then we never heard about her until the yikesroo thread where she claimed she had relations with him and that he allowed her to sell his art as NFT, etc. I can't be bothered to look for the opensea link but the last time I checked earlier this year, nothing at all was sold.

* Yes, this airport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mloc0jh6kV4

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

e; oh drat I should have read that whole post lol, my hip hop operating system joke is destroyed

to be semi-serious I guess since I made a dumb post and had to edit it, Lowtax was an abusive addict. Also, before that (and probably during that), he had moments where he was very funny and charismatic and the creation of Something Awful was cool so he was a kind of cool counter culture figure. He was probably also straight as far as anyone knows? All I'm saying is, weirdos are always gonna be drawn to figures like him, in a case like this it's just that only women will find those attachments because those are probably the only people whose attention he would reciprocate

Martman fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 15, 2022

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Zoe Quinn becoming a lowtax sycophant is the most bizarre and depressing of these peripheral dramas and I don't understand why it happened at all.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

This website has broken so many people's brains, it's amazing and depressing in equal measure.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I do not know enough or wish to speculate about Zoe Quinn and their choices in certain matters but for what it's worth, the medium article is still online

and yes it's about lowtax being bitter about trent reznor's popularity

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^

I remember rich trying to make "music" and then not being able to take any kinda feed back. I seem to recall he had bad taste in music as well. Weird that deadmau5 was a goon.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My most charitable possible interpretation is that after being subjected to crazy internet witch hunts, maybe Zoe Quinn was open to being convinced that Lowtax too was a victim of such slander and she bought it without much scrutiny. But also holy poo poo that article came out like 3 months before he died so idk

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ups_rail posted:

^^^^

I remember rich trying to make "music" and then not being able to take any kinda feed back. I seem to recall he had bad taste in music as well.
I remember checking out his album via NMP3s :devil:. He had one decent song, that he posted a demo of in BYOB of all places, and the album version was way worse for some reason. Way worse mixing etc., I have no idea what he was thinking.

I forget the name of the song, but it had a cool string section bit that was heavily de-emphasised on the album mix and a bunch of sampled dialogue from some 50s sci-fi movie. It probably wasn't actually any good in retrospect, but memory is a tremendous liar.

Martman posted:

My most charitable possible interpretation is that after being subjected to crazy internet witch hunts, maybe Zoe Quinn was open to being convinced that Lowtax too was a victim of such slander and she bought it without much scrutiny. But also holy poo poo that article came out like 3 months before he died so idk
I recall seeing screenshots of them being a huge jerk on Lowtax's Facebook page about the whole Logan thing. The most charitable explanation is that they bought his story without question.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The explanation is very simple. You don't have to be clever to be harassed by internet crazies. In fact, you can be very dumb and still be a victim of cyberstalking.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ok well now the phone number thing makes some sort of creepy sense. Also lmao that “champion of the downtrodden”, KM went to fuckin’ Lowtax of all people for sympathy. This is the same guy that said, “I can’t be bigoted towards transwomen because I masturbate to them”.

E: also lmao

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 15, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jesus loving christ

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Zoe Quinn becoming a lowtax sycophant is the most bizarre and depressing of these peripheral dramas and I don't understand why it happened at all.

Dude you know why. lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Honey Trap Queen posted:

A religion sub should just go in TGRS. KM has shared her personal experiences with Judiasm, Mormonism, and Islam iirc and I do not trust many other people to be sensitive with those topics enough to moderate them.

this one is my favorite

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

Ok well now the phone number thing makes some sort of creepy sense. Also lmao that “champion of the downtrodden”, KM went to fuckin’ Lowtax of all people for sympathy. This is the same guy that said, “I can’t be bigoted towards transwomen because I masturbate to them”.

E: also lmao

Oh its better than that. His 2nd wife out him as a chaser.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You don't have to be a good person to become the target of an internet hate mob like Zoe Quinn did.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Empty Sandwich posted:

this one is my favorite

That's how cults start lmao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Empty Sandwich posted:

this one is my favorite

The coy 'iirc' is what really makes it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ups_rail posted:

Oh its better than that. His 2nd wife out him as a chaser.

As in “chasing transwomen”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Yep