Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, the Kallax inserts are amazing, but I’ve not idea if they’d fit a Detolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

Thought this would be a good place to ask, where is the best place to buy Diaclone Reboot stuff?

Depends where you live, if you're american BBTS probably isn't a bad choice, but as a european their prices aren't worth it to me. Personally I usually use either Robotkingdom or mandarake, and occasionally HLJ.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like Kapow Toys does them in the UK. Is this what we're talking about? https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/category/transformers-types/diaclone.html

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It is but that selection hasn't been updated for years. For context, the latest toy they have there is DA-37, and the one coming out at the end of this month is DA-92.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You should slice them with a hobby knife so everything looks clean in both modes, but yes, exactly. Lemme get a pic.

Raising his arms will cause the shoulders to move the backpack a bit away from the core of the body, but the backpack doesn't flop around so you can get nice poses. Make sure you glue the sleeves onto the front of the car when he's in vehicle mode, so everything fits perfectly.

Thanks for this tip. My gods, he looks _so much better_.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
NEMESIS ALERT! Masterpiece BB Movie Nemesis up at BBTS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/218834?utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing&utm_content=

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I hate those Super7 lame excuses for Action Masters with every fiber of my being but I might have to make an exception for this one.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
What does Unicron need a gun for?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shooting things, duh

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
He doesn't want those pesky asteroids hitting him, of course.

He knows what happens to planets like the moon.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Arquinsiel posted:

What does Unicron need a gun for?

It's modeled on the gun designed for the vintage prototype, which would have become a stand for his planet mode!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That's a depressingly sensible answer.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Shooting things, duh

The Last Call posted:

He doesn't want those pesky asteroids hitting him, of course.

He knows what happens to planets like the moon.
30-50 feral asteroids, of course! How could I forget? :doh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Arquinsiel posted:

That's a depressingly sensible answer.

30-50 feral asteroids, of course! How could I forget? :doh:

The only thing that can stop an asteroid with a gun is a good guy planet with a gun

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Medullah posted:

The only thing that can stop an asteroid with a gun is a good guy planet with a gun

:lol: this got a real life meatspace chuckle from me

I want the fat Unicron and the quintesson.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Medullah posted:

Anyone have recommendations for adding shelves to Detolfs? I've got 3 of them and while they're technically "full" I wouldn't mind adding a shelf or two since there's a lot of empty space between them with the smaller figures

Take a look for DASIK shelves. There are probably other branded versions too. I have a set of them and they're easy enough to install.

Found these on eBay if it helps: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353500869021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m hoping G2 Breakdown is the proper shade of teal when they get to him.

https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1570021562212057093

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
All those pictures of Shadowstrip and like 4 of Crasher, what the gently caress.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shadowstrip is a lameass name

Also disappointed he's not Shadowstriker

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
yeah there are a ton of great racing terms with 2 words. Blackflag, Funnycar, Downforce. Could have been Dredge-Crypt if they absolutely need it to be "DARK"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
sadly he still has that "dude in pajamas" look of the regular Dragstrip.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Shadowstrip sounds like a goth-only titty bar

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Fil5000 posted:

Ah, MUSHs. I feel like TF2K5 must still be going, it doesn't seem like something that could ever die.

Dawgstar posted:

It's been several years but the last time I checked in the place was very dead. It was honestly a little sad.

From a few pages back but 2K5 officially closed a couple of years back, it is indeed dead.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

From a few pages back but 2K5 officially closed a couple of years back, it is indeed dead.

Ah, that's sad. Its weird that there was ever a time the Internet could support MULTIPLE places people could roleplay as a transformer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

InDemand Toys had Primal and Tigatron going cheap, so I picked them up. Tigatron is nice enough, but Primal is definitely the star of this show. Lovely posing in both modes, even if it is a little weird that they have to give you instructions to "transform" from knuckle walking to regular walking.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

oof, wow, that's a blow I didn't expect to hurt.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vaporware posted:

oof, wow, that's a blow I didn't expect to hurt.

Yeah. I had some good runs there, but I think everybody who was there aged out of it (meaning they just didn't have time to game into the wee hours) and I don't think younger folks think of MUSHes immediately.

(RIP Shaun.)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hasbro pulse shipped my Tarantulas, woop woop.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Silhouette posted:

Shadowstrip sounds like a goth-only titty bar

Run by the woman who inspired Blackarachnia.

Shadowstriker should be the front half of Dead End attached to the back of Drag Strip.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The MSJ posted:

Run by the woman who inspired Blackarachnia.
My brain conflated a number of old nuggets of transformers fandom lore and I thought you meant Raksha for a second there.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol oh God no Raksha hated BW and the Preds

I actually ran into her on one of the mushes I tried, she was fairly pleasant as long as you knew what her deal was

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I never encountered her, but she was really commonly referenced on TFWiki back when I was getting into the fandom around Prime's airing. Watching how the fandom has changed since then and become generally less lovely I find myself wondering about why people picked her to immortalise as a fandom villain.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Phy posted:

Lol oh God no Raksha hated BW and the Preds

I actually ran into her on one of the mushes I tried, she was fairly pleasant as long as you knew what her deal was

I met her in person at a BotCon back in the day. Yes, fairly run of the mill dramatic goth-esque person with very specific interests, entirely fine as long as you didn't try to change her mind about anything. Very cute snake.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1570449458739171329

Earthspark keeps looking better and better

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Look I'm sorry

Faceplate-less Prime is, has always been, and will always be a mistake.

That most especially

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Only Monkey prime has soft, pillowy, kissable lips.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Interesting choice to make Megatron a transverse rotor helicopter. Don't think I like Wheeljack being Texan. Only two all-new characters in the main cast apparently.

It's also neat that some of the deep cuts of Generations are bringing weird G1 randos to prominence.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Does it?

This is the first thing I see of it and why are his lips like this
Animated nailed maskless Prime, just do that
Edit: okay I watched it. It doesn’t look terrible. I appreciate Swindle being part of the main cast apparently. I also appreciate Bumblebee being able to talk. Whoever decided we needed almost a decade of radio talking deserves a punch in the mouth.

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 15, 2022

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Look, Optimus is nightmare fuel, we just have to accept it and hope he never finds out where we sleep to watch us doing it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Personally I love the "handsome squidward/optimus prime" mashup. Pure nightmare fuel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
His helmet is objectively *too big for his face*

How do you even do that