Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Corporate Rep maintains that Infowars does not use google analytics to conduct its business, even as the various employees send google analytics to each other and Jones.

The google analytics are what drove jones’ coverage of SH, when there’s a mention of it it results in a spike in engagement and sales. Which is why jones talks about SH every chance he gets and whiplash-transitions to plugging his food slop buckets and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

BigRed0427 posted:

To prove that Info Wars did make money off of their coverage of sandy hook

This should be blatantly obvious to loving anyone. Of COURSE InfoWars made money off their coverage of Sandy Hook. They're (ostensibly) a """"News"""" site and make their living providing information and commentary about current events. Fox News and CNN and MSNBC all made money off Sandy Hook coverage.

gently caress, these very forums made money off Sandy Hook.

Denying that your media company made money off a current event is like denying that your SEO business uses electricity.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Just so I'm clear, is that what it says?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cyrano4747 posted:

This should be blatantly obvious to loving anyone. Of COURSE InfoWars made money off their coverage of Sandy Hook. They're (ostensibly) a """"News"""" site and make their living providing information and commentary about current events. Fox News and CNN and MSNBC all made money off Sandy Hook coverage.

gently caress, these very forums made money off Sandy Hook.

Denying that your media company made money off a current event is like denying that your SEO business uses electricity.

Just because the building is connected to electrical networks and electricity flows *through* our equipment doesn't mean we *use* electricity.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

RFC2324 posted:

So it's just an ominous way of saying it was a default judgement. Gotcha

Full default, specifically. There are two kinds of default judgments. The first is a default for failing to respond to a suit. This is how credit card companies get default judgments against debtors they sue for collections. The vast majority of the time people do not respond/show up to the hearing and the court grants a default judgment. This kind of default is trivially overturned. The vast majority of times a lawyer can file something with any old excuse, and the court will remove the default because our court system in general prefers to resolve cases on their merits.

What happened here is a full default. It is colloquially known as a “death penalty default” because if is something extremely rarely used and is effectively final assuming it holds up on appeal. The TX default was specifically because Jones was loving around in depositions. The CT default, iirc, was based mostly upon refusing to produce documents in discovery. A full default means that all of the allegations in the complaint are considered to be true, liability is decided as a matter of law, and all the jury decides is damages.

For those that had questions about why Paz didn’t testify in Texas - Jones didn’t want to pay her to do so. He hasn’t paid her for her trial prep and testimony (and my guess is won’t). She’s a CT attorney. He needed someone in CT so he wouldn’t have to send actual employees up to do anything. Her not knowing anything is by design. She has been paid $30k to be a useful idiot and Jones owes her $7500 for the trial.

Darla, on the other hand, was already in his employ in Texas so it was super easy to designate and use her.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Today our witness has shown a lot more knowledge of how google analytics function compared to yesterday, and has lost the problem of being bad with names...

I still think she'll dig a bigger hole if questions were put to her asking her to explain what's shown in her own words, for being a lawyer she loves adding in extra details

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just tuned into Alex's show and Mike Lindell is on to complain about his cell phone being taken

red19fire
May 26, 2010

You are a corporate rep who is somehow unaware of how much money a company made in a fiscal year.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O so she is explicitly the corporate representative and is just being incompetent again ; these are the exact kinds of things she can't say she doesn't know, right? They're pretty basic "I am a corporate representative" facts, geh?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
This stuff has to have been in the documents that were accidentally turned over along with the phone, it definitely would have been used in Texas since this is direct evidence that Alex Jones was getting massive spikes in attention when lying about Sandy Hook (and also that they have totally been lying about not using Google Analytics, we've had like 10 different documents so far about Google Analytics info)

https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1570454569364111360

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Xiahou Dun posted:

O so she is explicitly the corporate representative and is just being incompetent again ; these are the exact kinds of things she can't say she doesn't know, right? They're pretty basic "I am a corporate representative" facts, geh?

And keep in mind, Info Wars has gone through at least two other people to be their corporate representative and shes the most competent.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

BigRed0427 posted:

And keep in mind, Info Wars has gone through at least two other people to be their corporate representative and shes the most competent.

The urge to relisten to the Forumaic Objections episodes is powerful.

Them and this case have made me realize that I really, really like going through depositions with a fine-toothed comb. It's incredibly satisfying on a visceral level, to the point where I'm almost wondering if that's a thing I could do.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Lol they have a spreadsheet showing that Sandy Hook broadcast/article published on the 24th, where they made 48k on the Infowars store, next day they made 232k. What a slam-dunk document

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 15, 2022

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The formatting upsets me.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Xiahou Dun posted:

Them and this case have made me realize that I really, really like going through depositions with a fine-toothed comb. It's incredibly satisfying on a visceral level, to the point where I'm almost wondering if that's a thing I could do.

Friendly reminder that nothing about this case is representative of what your average trial/deposition would look like.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Even though she was frustrating to us she also was most likely frustrating to the jury as well. Keep being terrible lady.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah. Jones was sanctioned for the lack of responsive answers during her deposition, and IIRC that deposition was also their last chance and resulted in the default judgements.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Have the CT attorneys mentioned if they got any of these docs from the Texas attorneys? I’m really hoping for a ‘here’s a document you were trying to hide, that your goof-rear end attorney hosed up and gave us’ Columbo move.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Did the judge just say”I think she was damaging to your case”!?

Edit: I’m 5 minutes behind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

red19fire posted:

Have the CT attorneys mentioned if they got any of these docs from the Texas attorneys? I’m really hoping for a ‘here’s a document you were trying to hide, that your goof-rear end attorney hosed up and gave us’ Columbo move.

I highly doubt that they’ll bring up how they got the documents in trial, but they absolutely have them and have used them. for example, they’ve used a number of Jones’ texts asking about daily numbers.

The plaintiffs in both TX and CT cases have an information sharing provision as a part of the protective orders in both cases and can freely share information.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Maybe they’ll save it for when Alex is on the stand :allears:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I do like how often Lawyer reminds the jury that Paz for all intents and purposes of the court is on the stand as Info Wars/FSS. I feel like that was lost a little bit with Daria.

Things Brittany Paz has testified she is terrible at so far: Remembering people's names, basic math, technology

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 15, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tree Dude posted:

I do like how often Lawyer reminds the jury that Paz for all intents and purposes of the court is on the stand as Info Wars/FSS. I feel like that was lost a little bit with Daria.

Mark took a different approach where he more generally talked about the money that inforwars made and focused more on their callousness and depravity.

Mattei is very carefully laying out that they knew this was a profitable venture and made a fuckton of money off of lies about Sandy Hook in particular. Mattei also has the advantage of having more than a month to comb through the poo poo that Jones should have produced. I think if Bankston had this stuff a month before trial, we would have seen a different case in Texas as well.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

red19fire posted:

Maybe they’ll save it for when Alex is on the stand :allears:

I want to say "why would they put Alex on the stand again?" but on the other hand, "Can't be worse than it was in Texas" is also a possibility.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jones doesn’t have a choice whether to testify or not if the plaintiffs call him as a witness. He doesn’t have to take the stand in his defense, but he must present himself for hostile direct if requested. The plaintiffs are going to put Jones on the stand.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jury is coming back in now. We’re about to get rolling again.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The plaintiffs' attorney looks just enough like Rob Brydon that it's throwing me off.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

El Fideo posted:

The plaintiffs' attorney looks just enough like Rob Brydon that it's throwing me off.

the next witness will be questioned by the tiny lawyer trapped in his briefcase

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Is there any particular reason this trial is going to be a month long, while the texas one was only two weeks?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jones doesn’t have a choice whether to testify or not if the plaintiffs call him as a witness. He doesn’t have to take the stand in his defense, but he must present himself for hostile direct if requested. The plaintiffs are going to put Jones on the stand.

That's true. I was thinking more if his own lawyers put him on the stand like last time.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O gently caress me I'm am not hearing this e-mail for the 8th time, it just keeps getting worse.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

That email from November 2020 from personal email accounts with "re: depo names" and a rough bio on witnesses had to come from the dropbox cache right? No way they provided that in discovery

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

That email from November 2020 from personal email accounts with "re: depo names" and a rough bio on witnesses had to come from the dropbox cache right? No way they provided that in discovery

Didn't they provide entire psychiatric evaluations of random people during discovery? Alex Jones/Infowars is stupid enough to provide that stuff. That could even be the same thing we're both talking about.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Randalor posted:

Didn't they provide entire psychiatric evaluations of random people during discovery? Alex Jones/Infowars is stupid enough to provide that stuff. That could even be the same thing we're both talking about.

It wasn't random people, it was Jones' victim's psychiatric evaluations.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 15, 2022

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Confusedslight posted:

Is there any particular reason this trial is going to be a month long, while the texas one was only two weeks?

6 plaintiffs as opposed to 2 in Texas.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

It wasn't random people, it was the Jones' victim's psychiatric evaluations.

And sealed depositions of the victims family members as well. Stuff Alex jones should not have been able to see.

Somehow Alex had a 180 page background investigation on Len Pozner that he turned over in discovery, and no one at infowars will admit where it came from.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

duz posted:

6 plaintiffs as opposed to 2 in Texas.

Not only that, they have a lot more financial discovery than they had in TX because of Reynal’s fuckup.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Pattis is just having a nap in court currently

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

red19fire posted:

And sealed depositions of the victims family members as well. Stuff Alex jones should not have been able to see.

Somehow Alex had a 180 page background investigation on Len Pozner that he turned over in discovery, and no one at infowars will admit where it came from.

"Who did that investigation?"
"I don't know, Mr. Jones. You're the one who gave this to me!"

I loved hearing Mark say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://youtu.be/WpLBzGfuk1s
Swap comics for Infowars
And gorillas for lies
Got it