Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Xpost:
WIP from my Terminator 2.0 project; This is a melee focused terminator.

I'd say I'm probably 60% done. Currently I'm dry fitting arms and shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Painted up the new Cado Ezechiar. Pretty pleased with how it turned out. Kind of rushed it towards the end but i was ready to be finished!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Demilich posted:

Xpost:

Holy poo poo, that's imposing af.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

The Demilich posted:

Xpost:

This is what a terminator should have always been.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Cross post from historicals while I take a break from fantasy and sci Fi

Count Thrashula posted:

Throwing together some 3d printed 1:2400 WW2 models to play around with some rulesets. My first time ever painting naval, I think it turned out okay! I learned a lot along the way.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If they can put a powered exo-skeleton Centurian over a fully armored first-born space marine, Cawl can make an exo-skeleton to go over a fully armored Terminator. Right?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Hixson posted:

Painted up the new Cado Ezechiar. Pretty pleased with how it turned out. Kind of rushed it towards the end but i was ready to be finished!

Those candles!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Hixson posted:

GodDAMN that looks good

Toebone posted:

Those candles!

:hmmyes:

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Toebone posted:

Those candles!

Came to post this. Those candles and the OSL are fantastic.

As is the face, the robes, the tree ....

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Hixson posted:

christ, that looks good.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The Demilich posted:

What I'd like is someone else's opinion.

Fair enough, personally I like the goofy smokestacks that come with the model. But the backpack that you have swapped out is more realistic. So it would depend, do you want to go full silly assed grimdark or do you want it to be a little bit more realistic? That's your answer. 😉

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The Demilich posted:

Just want an opinion, does the kataphron backpack look good as a replacement for the centurion smokestack?

I think it looks pretty sick tbh. Dreads are made by the Mechanicus like anything else so it almost looks like an older model of dread or something.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hixson posted:

The way the candles look like they're actually emitting light is loving amazing.

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018
I finally finished a year long project of getting my Warcry warband painted! Project has of course already bloated itself to full Soulblight army, but this is good a half step.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Thanks for the kind words all. It was a really nice break from painting eternal space marines

_Gumby
Sep 14, 2005
Fun Shoe
Printed and painted a few grey knights proxies

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

_Gumby posted:

Printed and painted a few grey knights proxies

Are those from DMG Minis? I've been eyeing those myself, they look great!

_Gumby
Sep 14, 2005
Fun Shoe

Count Thrashula posted:

Are those from DMG Minis? I've been eyeing those myself, they look great!

Yep, they are super nice STLs. I've bought a few of his things and they have all been great quality.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Got a potato shot, but I can't not post the final two dudes of my elf team. :toot:

I'll try to snap better ones in daylight tomorrow.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Day 3/4 Progress on my Kingdom Death mini:

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/TMdm8Re.jpg

Because this is a gift mini I cannot bring myself to put metallic paint on it so I'm spending a lot of time layering shades of ochre for a NMM effect. Have a lot of cleanup to do, have barely started on the boots and stockings, and still have some trim elements that I expect will be hellish to paint (gold rings around the gems on the stockings, the gems on the stockings, gold string around the leggings, gold on the boots, nipple rings, etc)

He should stop being headless man-candy sometime tomorrow probably - I'm gonna stick the head on a dowell and get to painting it tonight. After that, I've got three more feather boa parts and a sword to paint and he's done (after a lot of cleanup and highlighting, of course)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The GF said that the downstairs color shouldn't match the upstairs

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

They're your pubes. Do what you like.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I thought about it for a while and the curtains will not match the drapes

It just feels right

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mirthless posted:

It just feels right
correct decision

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Mirthless posted:

Day 3/4 Progress on my Kingdom Death mini:

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/TMdm8Re.jpg

Because this is a gift mini I cannot bring myself to put metallic paint on it so I'm spending a lot of time layering shades of ochre for a NMM effect. Have a lot of cleanup to do, have barely started on the boots and stockings, and still have some trim elements that I expect will be hellish to paint (gold rings around the gems on the stockings, the gems on the stockings, gold string around the leggings, gold on the boots, nipple rings, etc)

He should stop being headless man-candy sometime tomorrow probably - I'm gonna stick the head on a dowell and get to painting it tonight. After that, I've got three more feather boa parts and a sword to paint and he's done (after a lot of cleanup and highlighting, of course)

The nipple rings really should be metallic silver so they visually pop against the darker flesh.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mirthless posted:

It just feels right

You should give him frosted tips

Where they would be is up to you

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
Here's a project that's been years in the making. I bought a pair of Basilisks back in ~4th edition, but decided to build them into Chimeras for my mechanised IG. The plan was to turn the remaining Earthshaker parts into gun platforms, but I could never summon the motivation to scratchbuild the legs. I found some small tracks being sold by Victoria miniatures a couple of years ago, and so finally here is the first of my towed Earthshakers!

Thanks to the posters (I forgot who) who had good suggestions where to find extra arms with a wider range of poses than the IG sets. The crew is only blutacked on for now, I'll probably drill some pin holes for them eventually to keep them stable but removable.

The second gun is only missing it's crew, I've only barely started converting them. I'll have to upgrade the shell cradles a bit too, but I was just so eager to get this first model completed. :)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That's :krad:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

That's awesome but please also post your Basilisk Chimeras!

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Decorus posted:

Here's a project that's been years in the making. I bought a pair of Basilisks back in ~4th edition, but decided to build them into Chimeras for my mechanised IG. The plan was to turn the remaining Earthshaker parts into gun platforms, but I could never summon the motivation to scratchbuild the legs. I found some small tracks being sold by Victoria miniatures a couple of years ago, and so finally here is the first of my towed Earthshakers!

Thanks to the posters (I forgot who) who had good suggestions where to find extra arms with a wider range of poses than the IG sets. The crew is only blutacked on for now, I'll probably drill some pin holes for them eventually to keep them stable but removable.

The second gun is only missing it's crew, I've only barely started converting them. I'll have to upgrade the shell cradles a bit too, but I was just so eager to get this first model completed. :)

These are class. Did you paint the eagle thingy/skulls on yourself or are they transfers?

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Gambrinus posted:

These are class. Did you paint the eagle thingy/skulls on yourself or are they transfers?

They're all transfers. I managed to blend most of them into the paint job okay. Some look a bit messy close up.

tangy yet delightful posted:

That's awesome but please also post your Basilisk Chimeras!

Thanks! I think I've posted some of my older stuff before. I'll dig up the links for my mech Guard tomorrow. The paint jobs aren't as good, but I'm proud of some the conversions.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Unsure how i should base my voidsmen-at-arms. Heres a pic with an example of my IG. Im going to field them more in 40k than kt probably, so i kind of want to keep them similar

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I phoned it in towards the end but i'm happy to be done. This model wasn't really meant to be painted at a 32mm scale

At a nearby fighting game weekly the organizers had 3d prints made of the characters, this is Sol Badguy. My friend won this guy so I painted it up in the colorway he uses.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

I phoned it in towards the end but i'm happy to be done. This model wasn't really meant to be painted at a 32mm scale

At a nearby fighting game weekly the organizers had 3d prints made of the characters, this is Sol Badguy. My friend won this guy so I painted it up in the colorway he uses.

Holy poo poo this is sick, where did they get these files?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I honestly have no idea. I saw the announcement and thought "woah that would be fun to paint" and then when my friend won, he asked me to paint it before I offered to.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'd paint the hell out of dr faust if there's more of these. Great paint job

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
I wanted to take a stab at painting some non gw models, so I picked up some Battletech mechs. So far my thoughts are:

1) These things are kickin rad
2) They “feel” different. Do I need to change anything about the my painting process / supplies?
3) This faction primer is a lot to take in right now. I will probably just paint them in a custom scheme.

They have some mold lines. I assume I can clean those up, prime, and then paint as per usual with acrylics?

Bored Online fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 16, 2022

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Bored Online posted:

I wanted to take a stab at painting some non gw models, so I picked up some Battletech mechs. So far my thoughts are:

1) This these are kickin rad
2) They “feel” different. Do I need to change anything about the my painting process / supplies?
3) This faction primer is a lot to take in right now. I will probably just paint them in a custom scheme.

They have some mold lines. I assume I can clean those up, prime, and then paint as per usual with acrylics?

Yep. Paint something that looks good and it's a mercenary unit now.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 16, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

I honestly have no idea. I saw the announcement and thought "woah that would be fun to paint" and then when my friend won, he asked me to paint it before I offered to.

Well if you do ever find out definitely let us know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Bored Online posted:

This is totally the right call. Almost every BT faction has operated in countless camouflage schemes or variants, so unless you're using decals anything can count as any faction.