Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I'm so glad that Megan Markle married Harry, because it means she'll get to live rent free in every monarchist's mind for the rest of their lives. It's a great troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Adults holding hands is a red flag anyway mind.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What now?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Well I dunno. It's just the sort of insipid luvy duvy stuff that being allowed to slide has probably helped us end up where we are with these big griefathons.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Physical contact with people who you care about is not a gateway drug for parasocial grief fetishism wtf

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Hmm maybe but you draw the Venn diagram of like holding hands and stiff upper lips?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

NotJustANumber99 posted:

weird

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Hmm maybe but you draw the Venn diagram of like holding hands and stiff upper lips?

Ah yes, the incredible overlap of "openly showing affection for your loved ones" and "stoic repression of all emotion".

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

All part of the immortal science comrade

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I love the whole section on why The Queue is called The Queue (it is because there is a queue). Also how they managed to get "sexy moans" into the introduction

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

No, it's not as if two other minor royals were holding hands with their spouses and went uncriticised. Hmm. What could be different?

She's taken out 'arry down the nasty road of "emotional support"

kecske posted:

they could announce they are secretly scientists who've solved the energy crisis and cured cancer and those people would still find something to piss and moan about

My pro-royal anti-Harry/Megan mother was telling me about it (against my will) and even she thought these people were deranged.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tarnop posted:

Physical contact with people who you care about is not a gateway drug for parasocial grief fetishism wtf
I'd bet it's the other way around, being uncomfortable with basic affection leads to mass national wailing and gnashing of teeth when the decorum lady dies.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Well I dunno. It's just the sort of insipid luvy duvy stuff that being allowed to slide has probably helped us end up where we are with these big griefathons.

Actually when you love someone it's nice to make physical contact with them. I'm just gonna say it, I don't care.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

I love the whole section on why The Queue is called The Queue (it is because there is a queue). Also how they managed to get "sexy moans" into the introduction

That's weird what I linked to has completely changed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queue_(Sorokin_novel).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 15, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lots of people taking NJAN99 seriously on this page, not sure what stage of grief causes that

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MissAHaddow/status/1570397177750618113

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Alastair Stewart taking on what appears to be a Goon Warhammer lover

https://twitter.com/AlStewartOBE/status/1570478761669459968

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Alastair Stewart taking on what appears to be a Goon Warhammer lover

https://twitter.com/AlStewartOBE/status/1570478761669459968

Great responses there

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Guavanaut posted:

I'd bet it's the other way around, being uncomfortable with basic affection leads to mass national wailing and gnashing of teeth when the decorum lady dies.

This is it, it's all the weird British emotional repression coming out sideways, like when blokes get pissed and fight over football results because they have no language to articulate their inner lives.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I'm on hol in Chester and found out today that queen rated the trip to Chester she made with just Meghan in 2018 was one of her highlights for that year

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/queen-picks-chester-visit-meghan-15628744.amp

There are megatons of anti-Meghan posts on twitter all slagging her off for holding Harry's hand banging on about royal protocol even when it seems they are completely wrong about that given H & M resigned their royalships.

I thought after the British public turned against the Queen for trying to stick to protocol after Di's death that even if it were protocol people would be in support of breaking it in times like this.. oh I forgot. Meghan is a bit brown

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That's weird what I linked to has completely changed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queue_(Sorokin_novel).

Yeah, the automatic URL recognition doesn't recognise brackets, so you need to do the url tags manually: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queue_(Sorokin_novel)

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm on hol in Chester and found out today that queen rated the trip to Chester she made with just Meghan in 2018 was one of her highlights for that year

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/queen-picks-chester-visit-meghan-15628744.amp

There are megatons of anti-Meghan posts on twitter all slagging her off for holding Harry's hand banging on about royal protocol even when it seems they are completely wrong about that given H & M resigned their royalships.

I thought after the British public turned against the Queen for trying to stick to protocol after Di's death that even if it were protocol people would be in support of breaking it in times like this.. oh I forgot. Meghan is a bit brown

Chester is quite nice to be fair. I grew up and went to high-school there. Used to live right in the centre of town inside Northgate Street. We sold our house to the Pied Bull and they extended their inn rooms into it and built a beer garden.

After years of Tory shite right after I left, it flipped labour. Often wonder how its doing.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

anti-Meghan posts on twitter all slagging her off for holding Harry's hand

I’ve not been paying attention at all, so I missed this. What possible justification is there for slagging her off for holding her husband’s hand? What are they saying instead of the slurs they’re thinking?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Everyone knows that royals only hold their lover’s hand in private, while leading them into Jeffrey Epstein’s penthouse suite.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Scientastic posted:

I’ve not been paying attention at all, so I missed this. What possible justification is there for slagging her off for holding her husband’s hand? What are they saying instead of the slurs they’re thinking?

The justification is that it is apparently against protocol but apparently that's not true in the case of megary. It's Meghan being a control freak / attention seeker blah blah. Fact that others were holding hands doesn't count. Basically it's anti-Meghan hate.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The justification is that it is apparently against protocol but apparently that's not true in the case of megary. It's Meghan being a control freak / attention seeker blah blah. Fact that others were holding hands doesn't count. Basically it's anti-Meghan hate.

There is a whole subreddit that’s dedicated entirely (and it’s most Americans…) to ripping her apart in the vilest possible ways. Last I saw was that they were deciding that a crease in her dress was a colostomy bag.

Genuinely unhinged shite.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/mralistairgreen/status/1570356343306964993

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jeherrin posted:

There is a whole subreddit that’s dedicated entirely (and it’s most Americans…) to ripping her apart in the vilest possible ways. Last I saw was that they were deciding that a crease in her dress was a colostomy bag.

I thought it was supposed to be a secret netflix wire?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jeherrin posted:

I mean so what if it was?

They wouldn't dare mock the queen for carrying a bag of poo poo around.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jeherrin posted:

Why would a colostomy bag be something to criticise her for?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

stev posted:

They're bastards, you see

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

stev posted:

Well, exactly. And yet.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

She probably doesn’t even need that colostomy bag she just thinks she’s too special to poop like the rest of us

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
It’s 2049. Blade runner is real. William, Kate and their kids ate poo poo when the royal hoverbarge exploded en route to Pizza Express. Now Harry’s king but Meghan is actually ruling the kingdom and you’re never gonna believe what hosed up shade of mauve she wants to make the wallpaper in Buckingham palace.

This is the dream I have every night.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

stev posted:

Wow, look at this empathy-haver, bet he holds hands with his significant other.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

stev posted:

Ableism, mostly

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Wow, look at this empathy-haver, bet he holds hands with his significant other.

why are you equating these two traits? Empathy and hand holding? Care to share your sources? At arm's length obviously.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

why are you equating these two traits? Empathy and hand holding? Care to share your sources? At arm's length obviously.

Starting to suspect this isn’t a bit…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This is deranged. You're like 8 posts away for offering to fight us all in a pub carpark like thread heroes of yore.