Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ardennes posted:

So has Truss said how she is going to pay for tax cuts and price subsidies? How is high speed 2 going? Any plans for keeping the quid above a dollar? There are some many things going on in the UK!

Three organs from your kids, your choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Microplastics posted:

I wonder if anyone has joined the queue again to see the box a second time. Come on, there's gotta be some royalist fucker just absolutely determined to get on TV and spend their 15 minutes of fame being the Person Who Queued Twice To See The Queen

Someone was on the telly earlier claiming she has been round 7 times already, which suggests queue skipping, the only capital crime in England

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Three organs from your kids, your choice.

spleens-tested welfare

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ardennes posted:

So has Truss said how she is going to pay for tax cuts and price subsidies? How is high speed 2 going? Any plans for keeping the quid above a dollar? There are some many things going on in the UK!

Magic money tree while interest rates are sky high

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Microplastics posted:

I wonder if anyone has joined the queue again to see the box a second time. Come on, there's gotta be some royalist fucker just absolutely determined to get on TV and spend their 15 minutes of fame being the Person Who Queued Twice To See The Queen

naive of you to assume that you can leave the queue just because you get to the end

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I want to get off Brenda's Bones wild ride

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Prison crisis solved. Get done for shoplifting? Two round trips in The Queue

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Will there be subsidiary branching queues to honor those who don’t make the first queue?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

bbc is reporting The Queue to be made permanent

literally an SF story by Keith Laumer

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

that scene from Futurama with the central bureaucracy where it's like "oop, someone had a baby" and they all shuffle back one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

that scene from Futurama with the central bureaucracy where it's like "oop, someone had a baby" and they all shuffle back one

in the future they recognize fetal personhood otherwise the kid was cutting

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

i say swears online posted:

in the future they recognize fetal personhood otherwise the kid was cutting

The kid was grandfathered in

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Freaks! You’re a nation of freaks!

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Some lass in Edinburgh went round seven fuckin times, you can bet she's just an Olympic level queuer who will go for the record in The Big One

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
do they have deadcarts trundling around to haul away expired pensioners?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oim not dead! oim gerna see her maj lyin in state innit

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

they should have organized a rally instead of a queue and use a cropduster to spread the cremated ashes of the queen over them so they can all physically touch (and inhale) her majesty

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

the white hand posted:

oim not dead! oim gerna see her maj lyin in state innit

who's talking here? is she going to see herself?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you think they'd share that with the peasants? no, her ashes will be snorted by saudi billionaires, as is right and proper.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you think they'd share that with the peasants? no, her ashes will be snorted by saudi billionaires, as is right and proper.

before cremation blood will be drawn and added to the Orb.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Imprison those who mourn King Charles on the day he leaves our world.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

Loving the cringe face he makes at servants because he gets overwhelmed by a pen tray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvFiPNLgpsE

They should probably stop filming this guy when he has to do anything.

lmfao

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Regarde Aduck posted:

who's talking here? is she going to see herself?

it's british humor

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Don't British people know you can see dead bodies on the internet, you don't need to queue for 16 hours

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

charles the new king = 17 letters

The Queue = the Q

its all so obvious, the white hats are in charge

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Queue = the Q

those fukkin fingers

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The commonwealth may collapse under Charles

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Queue = the Q

the new spice adams plotting.jpg

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

smoobles posted:

Don't British people know you can see dead bodies on the internet, you don't need to queue for 16 hours

part of the magic of the queue is that everyone has to bow to her when they get to her, can’t make people bow over the internet

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Are you kidding me:

A Chinese government delegation has been banned from attending the lying-in-state of Queen Elizabeth II, BBC News understands.

BBC posted:

House of Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle refused a request for access to Westminster Hall due to Chinese sanctions against five MPs and two peers, Politico first reported.

Can't let the filthy autocrats pay their requests to are queen.

e: please pay no attention to the etymology of those words

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 07:20 on Sep 16, 2022

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Steve Yun posted:

part of the magic of the queue is that everyone has to bow to her when they get to her, can’t make people bow over the internet
the english should really consider adopting the worshiping technologies of muslims

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Private Speech posted:

Are you kidding me:

A Chinese government delegation has been banned from attending the lying-in-state of Queen Elizabeth II, BBC News understands.

Can't let the filthy autocrats pay their requests to are queen.

e: please pay no attention to the etymology of those words

it's just tit for tat diplomatic willy waving over the uyghur situation

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

can you imagine the cask strength contempt the subjects of all this dark ages grovelling feel for these people, clutching at themselves and breathing heavily at the prospect of lining up for days in the cold to worship a corpse even when they can't afford to heat their homes? no wonder they gently caress children and dont pay taxes, you almost couldn't help believing you were some kind of invincible demigod

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

bitmap posted:

can you imagine the cask strength contempt the subjects of all this dark ages grovelling feel for these people, clutching at themselves and breathing heavily at the prospect of lining up for days in the cold to worship a corpse even when they can't afford to heat their homes? no wonder they gently caress children and dont pay taxes, you almost couldn't help believing you were some kind of invincible demigod
it's smart sitting out in the cold now, since it acclimates your body to that being the indoor temperature in your house in november

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/FanboySingleton/status/1569444129452732419?t=wPBMRHd85q83rfF6WEGCSw&s=19

https://twitter.com/BSEYoga/status/1569941179088633857?t=yUN55-sXSZtyGouApMAkUg&s=19

Extinction Rebellion not sending their best

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
hahahahaha so many brits are having their lives ruined. That's great news, hopefully the death of the queen means the failure of your nation is going to feel appropriate

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
'Actually it's ephebophillia' is never a great own.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

keep punching joe posted:

'Actually it's ephebophillia' is never a great own.

i disagree, it's always a great own on the person making that argument

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The Queue has not become self aware
Do not approach or attempt to join The Queue
If you know anybody who has been in The Queue or anybody claiming to have been in The Queue approaches you contact the authorities immediately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJxDwDzAwEs