Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Sailor Video Games posted:

If I suddenly got a PM from the guy who owned the website i posted on with screenshots of my social media, addressed to my government name demanding *more* personal information I'd be angry too and a lot less publicly complimentary.

Furthermore, it appears clear that you didn't even read the PM, which is quoted on page 1 inside Jeffrey's post, because there were no screenshots of social media in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

*neutered

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Tosk posted:

I mean, in a vacuum yeah, but the admin of this site probably feels a responsibility to look into any possibility that a 5 figure fundraiser may have even potentially been a grift, especially given similar stuff has happened in the past?

You seem intent on ignoring that part of the situation though, so continue to post about how outraged you would be about a hypothetical situation

Everyone including the people actually doing the insanely creepy internet stalking have agreed someone has had contact with the well known to be not-expensive and very humane american healthcare system and has actually been dealing with cancer, and yet continues to do the internet stalking, so it's not all that hypothetical.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

i can confirm guelph is very real but nobody lives there.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pladdicus posted:

i can confirm guelph is very real but nobody lives there.

i live her e

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Kild posted:

It was explicitly said that the twitter posts weren't mentioned and only the IP address stuff was? But keep going off weird GBS sockpuppet

i've finally arrived

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I heard Jeffery's whole rear end was in this thread, and I am disappointed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

anyway sid let me think of something fun to paint and i'll pm you bud

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
sid is the guelph guerilla

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Wendigee posted:

I'm seeing rear end but I'm not sure its Jeffrey's.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

^^^ lol

i've finally arrived

when you leaving though?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

New Coke posted:

Because they received $30,000?

How much Goldbelly is that?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Why the gently caress does a cancer patient have to loving justify themselves to you? Are you serious??

Because they raised tens of thousands through our website and we do have to protect our userbase. We want to make sure everything is on the up and up. That is a fair ask by the owner and the administrators of this website.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Why the gently caress does a cancer patient have to loving justify themselves to you? Are you serious??

Lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I can see why someone dying of cancer would respond this way to very specific questions of authenticity surrounding techno chat.

I can also see why Jeffry had a question about it. Maybe he could have written the question in a less accusing tone? Maybe the cancer patient could just explain their activity in the time in question.

Maybe in the future all donations go to a Goon Club Card that is authorized for only certain merchants the donators agree on? poo poo nobody steal my idea

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

astral posted:

Furthermore, it appears clear that you didn't even read the PM, which is quoted on page 1 inside Jeffrey's post, because there were no screenshots of social media in there.

And yet Jeffrey clearly had screenshots because he posted them. I'm thinking about a Ship of Theseus problem, is it different if you don't tell someone you've dug up their personal info? :v:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm gonna have to ask you to cite your sources on this. I live in a town with a lot of old people where healthcare is a major industry, and having hospital care administered in-home is absolutely something I've seen people do. And that friend I mentioned earlier is poor as hell and didn't get help from any charity.

Azathoth posted:

My dude, you need to stop this line of argument right now.

Forget Jeffrey, here we've got an admin who seems to be openly threatening to take action against someone for not sharing their personal opinions regarding the US healthcare system

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sid Vicious posted:

ill show you my cats little fluffy balls if you want and then ill show you when its empty thabk you and thanks agaon (:

Sid don't, I don't wanna lose you because you showed off cat balls online. It ain't worth it.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

i live her e

jesus loving christ

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Because they raised tens of thousands through our website and we do have to protect our userbase. We want to make sure everything is on the up and up. That is a fair ask by the owner and the administrators of this website.

"Hello, cancer patient who I agree is a cancer patient? Please explain ur IP addresses or else." It is completely insane you think this is reasonable to expect someone to know. I touch computers for a living and I could, at best give a vague reason for what public IP I'm coming from is what it is.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
azathot

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

And yet Jeffrey clearly had screenshots because he posted them. I'm thinking about a Ship of Theseus problem, is it different if you don't tell someone you've dug up their personal info? :v:

I don't think that's a ship of Theseus problem

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
If you need a cat neutered for cheap, ask local shelters if they do, or know someone who does , “TNR” ones. That’s for Trap-Neuter-Return. It’s meant as a humane way to deal with strays-you don’t have to kill them, but they stop making kittens. But places that do TNR neuters usually will do a cheap neuter for other reasons too. I’d be a little concerned about “quality” if it was a spay, but it’s pretty easy and straightforward to cut off balls.

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever
sid is the sole resident of glueph and by that logic is the mayor and should therefore decree that all neuterings should be free

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This Guelph news is very unsettling

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

p fun to have a qcs thread right here in gbs tho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mycophobia posted:

lol oh gently caress even fyad is here, i didn't even check teh mental health thread

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

"Hello, cancer patient who I agree is a cancer patient? Please explain ur IP addresses or else." It is completely insane you think this is reasonable to expect someone to know. I touch computers for a living and I could, at best give a vague reason for what public IP I'm coming from is what it is.

you're weird as hell

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Probably not, I agree.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

That's a nice kitty kitty. What's the deal with the bald cat in the other picture, is that also your cat?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

If I suddenly got a PM from the guy who owned the website i posted on with screenshots of my social media, addressed to my government name

drat jeff exposed a CIA spook

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Maybe you shouldn't touch computers for a living

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Just wondering because I don't know: if you're using mobile data, is it the same IP address every time?

Even if it were hypothetically the case, it was the same IP since 2017 outside hospital visits. Which would mean they had only data posted from their phone, except on some hospital visits?

Furthermore its 2022, your doctor appointments and bills are all online. It should be trivial to login and show anything from the past 2 months.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol oh gently caress even fyad is here, i didn't even check teh mental health thread

my name is mycophobia and i am a complete individual person

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

So are you in on the scam

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Everyone including the people actually doing the insanely creepy internet stalking have agreed someone has had contact with the well known to be not-expensive and very humane american healthcare system and has actually been dealing with cancer, and yet continues to do the internet stalking, so it's not all that hypothetical.

I'm pretty sure admins see our IP address on our posts without even needing to go into a console, so the "insanely creepy internet stalking" that has been presented as actual evidence consists of: noticing that someone's IP address has been the same for years and hasn't changed on posts that were stated to be made from another location

This person received like 30k in donations. None of the admins mentioned any kind of retaliation whatsoever. This whole situation probably would have been handled privately if OP hadn't made it public.

That said, between you and other goons mindlessly white knighting, and OP being unwilling to respond to really simple questions about a specific period rather than write long posts about how outraged they are at having to justify anything to the site they got 30k from in donations, the mods should probably just close this and handle it some other way. No one who donated seems to want it to escalate or anything, so just write it in the annals as yet another goon saga

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mycophobia posted:

my name is mycophobia and i am a complete individual person

:razzy: :D :D

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

We found some irregularities and asked for clarification, which we are not getting. IPs don't float from the house to the hospital. When OP was in the hospital previously, the IP changed. Which is why we had questions.

It is well within our rights as a website to ask for verification when someone is raising money here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

we can't close this thread till we get Sid's balls clipped