Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

If I suddenly got a PM from the guy who owned the website i posted on with screenshots of my social media, addressed to my government name demanding *more* personal information I'd be angry too and a lot less publicly complimentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Please donate to Sid’s cat, the poor guy’s barely hanging on

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

….what is the point in making this public, anyway? If it’s true scamming happened, why not ban first then make a sticky post so people are aware of what went down?

OP started it and alluded to a PM that sent them over the edge, leading to several people calling for blood demanding they name and shame the person who sent it

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

I just don’t know what to believe or not, but I don’t care. Laugh all you want folks and hope your conscience is clear.

You were always so kind to me and one of many reasons I kept posting in my threads, I am so sorry this is upsetting you. I really am.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex8mO7jTpwM

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Paint me like one of your cat testicles.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I've known 50gg since 2010. We met in these forums. 50gg is one of the best friends I've ever had and I'd jump in front of a train for him.

I assure you that everything he said is true. I've texted with him while he was in the hospital (with selfies) as well as when he was at home, all the drama through his medical bills and his job.

He is not a liar. If he is, he's the best goddamn actor in the planet. And he's not that good of an actor.

He's had cancer before, and cancer scares before. I've spent late nights with us going all e/n on each other probably 100 times.

Seriously, gently caress you if you think he's faking it.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
:munch:

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Sailor Video Games posted:

If I suddenly got a PM from the guy who owned the website i posted on with screenshots of my social media, addressed to my government name demanding *more* personal information I'd be angry too and a lot less publicly complimentary.

If you start a donation drive for a cause, receive thousands of dollars in support, an inconsistency arises and is reasonably checked into and you react that way, you are actually cringe, hth

edit: no one has said they think OP is lying about having cancer. Everything has been stated extremely plainly with 0 obfuscation and attempts by the admins to not be hostile about it whatsoever.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

im on the waiting list for a subsidized one for people on disablity etc but its gonna be over a year and this cat who i was supposed to watch for two weeks (this is my actual job) and he has been here seven months now and he keeps peeing on my computer desk and the cheapest neuter i have been quoted is 325 because he weighs 18 lbs because he is half maine coon thanks for reading

what!!! bruh bring him to the kw spca, it's like $75 man

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

….what is the point in making this public, anyway? If it’s true scamming happened, why not ban first then make a sticky post so people are aware of what went down?

The OP made this public. The Admin team wanted to do this quietly and privately. We found irregularities, Jeff brought them to the OPs attention, they responded by making this thread and still hasn't addressed our findings. At this point we did our due diligence and are acting on behalf of the website and its posters.

None of us think anything prior to the summer of 2022 is suspect, we just found these past few montrhs questionable. And none of that is addressed by the OP here.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Please donate to Sid’s cat, the poor guy’s barely hanging on

Look at this cats huge balls

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Tosk posted:

You've now made two huge effort posts outraged about things no one has questioned, and also state that everything was between you and Jeffrey until he "he decided to show his rear end" after you posted a dramatic farewell that made everything public (when it probably never would have been otherwise)

What's the point? If you don't want to continue, you've been a goon long enough to know where this thread is headed, just log off and do something else with your time.

Log… off…?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yeah for real 325 is absurd, its not like your cat has ball cancer and lives in america

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the spca is who the subsidized one is through and when i tried contacting the kw one they actually said they cant because i have a guelph address lmao thanks ontario

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever

oh so we're lying today

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Sid Vicious posted:

the spca is who the subsidized one is through and when i tried contacting the kw one they actually said they cant because i have a guelph address lmao thanks ontario

can we see the cat though

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Tosk posted:

If you start a donation drive for a cause, receive thousands of dollars in support, an inconsistency arises and is reasonably checked into and you react that way, you are actually cringe, hth

edit: no one has said they think OP is lying about having cancer. Everything has been stated extremely plainly with 0 obfuscation and attempts by the admins to not be hostile about it whatsoever.

if you can't wrap your head around the idea that telling someone 'i have all this personal info about you and if you don't give me more i'm going to do something' is in and of itself hostile i dont know what to tell you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

startign to think this is an elabourate scam to fleece me out of $325 canadian dollars.......

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Ruby Gloom posted:

yes this is a glaring hole in your story sid, please post a picture of your cat next to your social security card

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ruby Gloom posted:

yes of course. for some reason instead of purring he just pants really heavy and drools a lot

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

if you can't wrap your head around the idea that telling someone 'i have all this personal info about you and if you don't give me more i'm going to do something' is in and of itself hostile i dont know what to tell you

I know what to tell you though

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Not sure if you’ve ever heard this before, OP, but they say the first one to get angry in an argument is the loser. Your hostility about the owner of the website on which you’ve solicited tens of thousands of dollars of donations asking for some explanation and information about inconsistencies between your story and your actions is highly suspect.

Pony Jabroni
Feb 27, 2016

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever

Sid Vicious posted:

yes of course. for some reason instead of purring he just pants really heavy and drools a lot

that is a beautiful lad and i hope you get his balls chopped off soon

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Wendigee posted:

how much is a neuter cuz like, i thought it was like 50 bucks if you shop around for a place specializing in that

It's pretty variable. I've been shopping around lately and the most expensive place wanted 250 for a spay/vaccination, the lowest was 75 bucks.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Deki posted:

It's pretty variable. I've been shopping around lately and the most expensive place wanted 250 for a spay/vaccination, the lowest was 75 bucks.

if you know any around guelph ontario in the 75 dollar range that dont look suspiciously like trap houses let me know

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It’s infringes on our scamming rights

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've never been convinced Guelph is a real place. It just doesn't sound real.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

I've never been convinced Guelph is a real place. It just doesn't sound real.

it is unfortunately all too real

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I mean, in a vacuum yeah, but the admin of this site probably feels a responsibility to look into any possibility that a 5 figure fundraiser may have even potentially been a grift, especially given similar stuff has happened in the past?

You seem intent on ignoring that part of the situation though, so continue to post about how outraged you would be about a hypothetical situation

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

We haven't received what some would consider half a years salary from goons. Nothing about this is personal, nor are any of us being extremely accusatory. We just asked for a bare minimum of accountability from the OP, is all.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

good rear end cat

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

is this a cat pics thread now? I got cat pics

astral
Apr 26, 2004

One way would be to specify the dollar amount and a waiver that says 'I, <name here> allow jeffrey of yospos to stalk me'

I have zero skin in this game and your behavior is insanely creepy, dude.

"This post of a couch is suspicious", you know they have couches in hospitals right

"Some irregularities related to a thirty thousand dollar fundraiser that you used this website as a vehicle for were brought to our attention; what's your side of it?" is not whatever weird creepy stalking/extortionist bullshit you're trying to paint it as.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fluffdaddy posted:

The OP made this public. The Admin team wanted to do this quietly and privately. We found irregularities, Jeff brought them to the OPs attention, they responded by making this thread and still hasn't addressed our findings. At this point we did our due diligence and are acting on behalf of the website and its posters.

None of us think anything prior to the summer of 2022 is suspect, we just found these past few montrhs questionable. And none of that is addressed by the OP here.

Why the gently caress does a cancer patient have to loving justify themselves to you? Are you serious??

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It was explicitly said that the twitter posts weren't mentioned and only the IP address stuff was? But keep going off weird GBS sockpuppet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I. M. Gei posted:

is this a cat pics thread now? I got cat pics

no its a fundraiser for getting my cat Zagreus neuteted

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Just wondering because I don't know: if you're using mobile data, is it the same IP address every time?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

idgi why ask for a ban, just stop opening forums.somethingawful.com on your web browser and you're home free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

quote:

Why the gently caress does a cancer patient have to loving justify themselves to you? Are you serious??

Because they received $30,000?