Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

SKULL.GIF posted:

Your bodies are horribly and irrevocably poisoned by modern capitalism and you are screeching that we should accept them as natural and beautiful. No. gently caress you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
FREE SKULL.GIF

:d2a:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

How long until ranchers put out ads that statins are ableist.

A few years back a beef producer-funded study came out that said that beef was just fine and would not cause increased risk of heart disease or colon cancer in moderation* .

(* 4 oz a week)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 14:24 on Sep 15, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A few years back a beef producer-funded study came out that said that beef was just fine and would not cause increased risk of heart disease or coon cancer in moderation* .

(* 4 oz a week)

Yikes!

Apr 7, 2003

"colon" cancer, pardon the extremely unfortunate typo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
use the edit button dude

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

use the edit button dude

never edit

never apologize

:justpost:

Apr 7, 2003

It's already been quoted!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

One real-life problem is that the gas pedals are usually designed suchly that maintaining 30 km/h is painful on the ankle

Lol wat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I will draw u a picture when I get home.

Possibly it will be related to my post.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Probably need to clean your throttle body if your butterflys are that resistant to opening that it hurts your foot.

Spring rates are constant so there shouldn't be more effort required for less throttle

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

I absolutely do not loving care about the fake phenomenon "fatphobia" and I hope every last one of these people suffer the final consequence from their sleep apnea

"Fatphobia's not real!!" I shriek, while wishing death on fat people.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

an easy way to maintain 30 mph speed is simply to use, cruise control

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Carbrain stupidity so stupid that even carbrain the magazine hates it.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a41229002/2024-ford-mustang-will-let-you-rev-it-remotely-from-the-keyfob/

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

"lol this'll trigger the libs!"

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

My cruise beeps and turns off if I go below 90.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

webcams for christ posted:

yeah and imagine how cool an airplane cockpit would look if it was all screens with only numbers. why haven't they done this yet the tech has been available for a while

they could make flying be like trying to add subtitles to a folder of videos in Linux

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

thanks for not murdering me! so lucky wow

Apr 7, 2003

Thank rapists who don't rape!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

???

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
*yields to pedestrian who doesn't wave*

that loving ingrate!! i'm definitely going to run over the next pedestrian I see crossing the street

Apr 7, 2003

The automobile driver's natural state in the United States, according to that sign, is to kill, and you should thank your potential killer when he doesn't kill you.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I wave to people, whistle, and pop wheelies while riding my bike, but that's because it's a joy to ride a bike in nice weather.

I don't think I ever notice anyone having a good time driving their car in the city.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I wave to people, whistle, and pop wheelies while riding my bike, but that's because it's a joy to ride a bike in nice weather.

I don't think I ever notice anyone having a good time driving their car in the city.

https://i.imgur.com/8Al4nIg.mp4

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
that video reminds me that for work i had to drive up to some of our sites out in white flight wealthier landed-gentry suburban hilly town today and got stuck at like 5 different locations around town. was just amazing how packed roads are with parents dropping off kids in the morning holy poo poo. just several hundred+ cars backed up 10 blocks waiting to turn into a school to drop off little timmy every loving morning

not a single school bus to be seen.

how do people with kids do that poo poo every day. i'd be yelling at school to send a bus to pickup my widdle timmy because i ain't gunna deal with that poo poo every day for 12+ years

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i seem to remember there being way way way more school buses in the 90s than i see now. wtf is america doing

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Xaris posted:

that video reminds me that for work i had to drive up to some of our sites out in white flight wealthier landed-gentry suburban hilly town today and got stuck at like 5 different locations around town. was just amazing how packed roads are with parents dropping off kids in the morning holy poo poo. just several hundred+ cars backed up 10 blocks waiting to turn into a school to drop off little timmy every loving morning

how do people with kids do that poo poo every day. i'd be yelling at school to send a bus to pickup my widdle timmy because i ain't gunna deal with that poo poo every day for 12+ years

They don't have jobs, they're house wives and house husbands

mystes
May 31, 2006

Xaris posted:

All the time wasted with stuff like this is just completely invisible to most americans to an almost ridiculous extent

For a lot of people spending forever dropping your kid off at school and picking them up is just the normal thing to do, and it continues until the day your kid is eligible for a license in high school, when they will get their own car and then they're wasting their own time so it doesn't matter plus they can be persuaded that it's some sort of sweet reward for being almost an adult rather than another lovely thing they're going to be forced to do for the rest of their life

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

U make that mfer WALK his rear end to school

and dont start w that "its illegal for kids to walk outside" baloney (not you but i know someone was already typing :ninja:)

mystes
May 31, 2006

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

U make that mfer WALK his rear end to school

and dont start w that "its illegal for kids to walk outside" baloney (not you but i know someone was already typing :ninja:)
it's illegal for kids to walk outside lol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^^motherFUCKER :ssj:

mystes posted:

All the time wasted with stuff like this is just completely invisible to most americans to an almost ridiculous extent

For a lot of people spending forever dropping your kid off at school and picking them up is just the normal thing to do, and it continues until the day your kid is eligible for a license in high school, when they will get their own car and then they're wasting their own time so it doesn't matter plus they can be persuaded that it's some sort of sweet reward for being almost an adult rather than another lovely thing they're going to be forced to do for the rest of their life

haivng a car as a teenager rules bc it's like a place of your own :coolfish:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

mystes posted:

I got a car early!...

...so I could drive my siblings to school (we lived outside the bus route area)

It helped inoculate me against the carbrains, praise Saint Jeb!

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

lobster shirt posted:

There's a weird amount of hate for cruise control in some car-hating circles that I've never understood. Driving is so much safer when you just set a speed to maintain and focus on paying attention to the road instead of speed. And if conditions aren't safe for that speed, you just slow down and take manual control. Easy peasy.

I guess some people feel that any approach that requires even minimal driver volition detracts from efforts to improve infrastructure in ways that shape how drivers drive subconsciously. Weirdly, I've seen these same people confess to getting speeding tickets.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

this is definitely a good post to make. I can see why the mods are so hesitant to actually get rid of you

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

i seem to remember there being way way way more school buses in the 90s than i see now. wtf is america doing

Now everyone drives their kids to school and drops them off before they drive themselves to work. I go by an elementary school on the way to work and the line of cars waiting to drop their kids off goes on for further than the eye can see.

Edit: Oh wait I should have read your post above your post. This isn't news to you.

wash bucket has issued a correction as of 03:03 on Sep 16, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont have children but my nephew takes the subway to school (NYC)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when he was a littler my brother in law took him via subway to school. now he takes it alone. wow. inspiring.

when i got this job i moved apartment to be close to it so can walk. if i get children one day i hope to be able to move/already be close nuff to walk to school. actually if i stayed here in this apartment (not feasible... unless rent 2 units and demo them into one big one???) then we could walk to all lvls of school from kindergarten thru city college. that would be cool. would love to buy a house in this neighborhood but they are one million dollars

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

There's a weird amount of hate for cruise control in some car-hating circles that I've never understood. Driving is so much safer when you just set a speed to maintain and focus on paying attention to the road instead of speed. And if conditions aren't safe for that speed, you just slow down and take manual control. Easy peasy.

I guess some people feel that any approach that requires even minimal driver volition detracts from efforts to improve infrastructure in ways that shape how drivers drive subconsciously. Weirdly, I've seen these same people confess to getting speeding tickets.
I think a lot of people just aren't that used to using cruise control for the simple reason that 99% of driving that most people do is in traffic conditions where cruise control doesn't really work because it's a combination of local roads and completely congested highways.

Cruise control (at least conventional cruise control) is better for the imaginary quiet highway drives from car ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I mean the same is mostly true of manual transmissions yet they seem to love those.