Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what do yous think Majesty Queen in heaven is doing now in heaven i think She ish aving cup of tea with Jesus and God and Majesty Highness Prince Her husband is over by the fire having whisky with john mccririck and michael winners and Majesty Queen with all Her corgis and horses around says eeeoooo Feeeeleeeep keep it down One is trying to torlk!!!!!!!! like that HEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEH :newlol:

God bless new Majesty King He will fix our broken country like uncle jimmy fixed it for the children!!!!!!!!! :)

crispix fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1570733057233100800?t=S3ynKh2A-Qj-LOpWk_pXAQ&s=19

More businesses should have signs like this imo

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

After years of playing "define woman" you should at least half expect to have it turned back on you.

quote:

Kate Harris, a co-founder of LGB Alliance, was invited by Michael Gibbon KC, counsel for Mermaids, to reflect on whether some people would have a different understanding of lesbian from the definition given by her organisation.

“That a lesbian can be a man with a penis?” she asked.

Gibbon responded: “Putting it in a more neutral way, that lesbians can include someone who is a woman as a result of gender reassignment.”

Harris, who is a lesbian, was distressed by the exchange, and the judge called for a short adjournment. Gibbon later apologised if he had “raised something inadvertently upsetting”. Harris said: “I’m going to speak for millions of lesbians around the world who are lesbians because we love other women … We will not be erased and we will not have any man with a penis tell us he’s a lesbian because he feels he is.”

She added: “A lesbian is attracted to another biological woman, full stop.”

please feel sorry for Kate Harris, who spends all her free time thinking about imaginary trans women breaking into her house with twenty Stonewall Gender Enforcers and demanding that they have sex at gunpoint, so much time and effort imagining this scenario it brings her to tears. trans women everywhere are accountable for this. I guess the guardian article at least includes a couple of paragraphs where it mentions the pro-trans people's general argument before going back to taking quotes from a hate group at face value, so that's fine

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
men with PENISES :aaa:

are these people who just never outgrew the phase all small children seem to go through where they tell everyone that boys have willies and girls have fahginers

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
presumably all these people getting on the radio and tv saying they've never felt prouder to be british didn't see that video of them wains wearing coats in their bedroom talking about how they have to be careful not to eat too much eh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
jeremy vine choking up every 10 minutes the stupid oval office lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/bathlive/status/1570680570828541954

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
This is just Labour Voters being True Patriots and not doing anything so grubby as voting during the Patriotic Mourning Period, thus Out-Patrioting those Tory voters.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

crispix posted:

men with PENISES :aaa:

are these people who just never outgrew the phase all small children seem to go through where they tell everyone that boys have willies and girls have fahginers

I'm 100% certain that woman kissed a woman who she then discovered was trans, and now feels she has to eradicate transwomen or they'll take away her Lesbian Card.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

https://amzn.eu/d/2E5M394

Get it whilst it's cold!

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Does Zero Gravitas still post here?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I think they had some kind of meltdown after Corbyn and now only post very occasionally to tell us how bad and stupid the British left is.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Fine, so they probably are the same poster on Roll on Friday

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
When did you stop beating your wife?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/13/tell-us-how-are-you-planning-to-watch-the-queens-funeral

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'll be going for a swim and a massage. Maybe after play the new Monkey Island.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

I'll be going for a swim and a massage. Maybe after play the new Monkey Island.

Ooh is it on ps5?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's definitely on Steam dunno about other platforms.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's definitely on Steam dunno about other platforms.

drat the BBC is pushing this thing everywhere

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Publishing my asset flip "Dead Queen Queue Simulator" and immediately getting seven million death threats.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

:cry::fh::britain:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

please feel sorry for Kate Harris, who spends all her free time thinking about imaginary trans women breaking into her house with twenty Stonewall Gender Enforcers and demanding that they have sex at gunpoint, so much time and effort imagining this scenario it brings her to tears. trans women everywhere are accountable for this. I guess the guardian article at least includes a couple of paragraphs where it mentions the pro-trans people's general argument before going back to taking quotes from a hate group at face value, so that's fine

when u are a lesbian because you love other women but you spend all of your time being a poo poo to trans people and defining lesbianism in opposition to them, but it is because you love other women deffo

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 16, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

Publishing my asset flip "Dead Queen Queue Simulator" and immediately getting seven million death threats.

Make it an 'Anime Dead Queen Queue Simulator" and those will turn into seven million weeb love letters.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

when u are a lesbian because you love other women but you spend all of your time being a poo poo to trans people and defining lesbianism in opposition to them, but it is because you love other women deffo

What's their rationale for not being into trans men who are, after all, incontrovertibly women.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1570708245760839680

love this country

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Never mind it's from 2019

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 16, 2022

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Oh, forgot to mention: Mark Thomas is touring again. He's obviously not short of material.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Having the surname Gentleman and being a terf

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

What's their rationale for not being into trans men who are, after all, incontrovertibly women.

Generally I think the hysteria around the concept only treats trans men as "tragic lesbians who have been destroyed by the trans agenda" or whatever but I don't know if that extends to some sort of horrific desire to "fix" them through relationships or whatever. Probably not cos GC types are basically incapable of seeing trans people as actual people and not just props in their own deluded fantasy.

As with many things if the question would be awkward the answer is probably to just ignore it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You're not allowed to point out that all British journalists are related and went to school together. It ruins the magic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What I don't get is how the gently caress the B in LGB alliance is supposed to work, like I know they're just a load of shitheads and hate bi people as well but I want to know how they managed to find one bisexual who is having the vapours about the concept of trans people.

We literally like anything why the gently caress would it matter, that's easily one of the best parts of being bi is that it makes no loving difference to you what combination of parts people come with so long as you like them as people. You don't have to have the stupid mono panic about whether you're doing your sexuality wrong, the entire question just goes completely out of the window.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You're not allowed to point out that all British journalists are related and went to school together. It ruins the magic.

That was part of the discussion on the latest bonus episode of TrashFuture. And how absolutely boiled their piss was when Joe Lycett treated them as unserious as they are.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Beckham is in the queue, still vainly snuffling around for that knighthood.

https://twitter.com/NowThenSunshine/status/1570735271439912961

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Angepain posted:

I guess the guardian article at least includes a couple of paragraphs where it mentions the pro-trans people's general argument before going back to taking quotes from a hate group at face value, so that's fine

It absolutely doesn't do that, it says that all trans rights activists are attempting to dismantle the boundary between sex and gender and that the lgb alliance simply recognise that gender is a social construct. This is the complete opposite of reality.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Loved how that one journalist would constantly write how Rishi was the best for the PM job.
And just forgot to say he was best man at Rishi's wedding.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

What I don't get is how the gently caress the B in LGB alliance is supposed to work, like I know they're just a load of shitheads and hate bi people as well but I want to know how they managed to find one bisexual who is having the vapours about the concept of trans people.

We literally like anything why the gently caress would it matter, that's easily one of the best parts of being bi is that it makes no loving difference to you what combination of parts people come with so long as you like them as people. You don't have to have the stupid mono panic about whether you're doing your sexuality wrong, the entire question just goes completely out of the window.
Because bi means two and exactly two and if they're going to keep inventing all these new sexes then I'm constantly going to have to keep updating which two I pick instead of chilling the gently caress out and being attracted to whoever I'm attracted to.

Or we could admit that words don't always cleanly reflect reality, but still get used as a shorthand, like with bicarbonate. But they will never because of the

OwlFancier posted:

they're just a load of shitheads and hate bi people as well
bit.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

can we make a separate queue to look at david beckham

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sit him in a stereo box with an LA Galaxy flag on it and call it an official viewing site.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

It came out a while back that the LGB Alliance are going after bi people next.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Because bi means two and exactly two and if they're going to keep inventing all these new sexes then I'm constantly going to have to keep updating which two I pick instead of chilling the gently caress out and being attracted to whoever I'm attracted to.

Or we could admit that words don't always cleanly reflect reality, but still get used as a shorthand, like with bicarbonate. But they will never because of the

bit.

The way I have always understood it is that the bi in bisexual refers to both heterogenous and homogenous attraction, those being the other two common categories and which, importantly, include literally every form of attraction because "like myself" and "not like myself" are two sets that include every possible thing that exists. And that's why I still use the word, because the idea that it refers only to two very specific presentations is transparently stupid because even within the subset of men and women you have a wide variety of presentations and we don't use separate words for any of them.

I suppose it is possible that there are bisexuals out there who work the same way as monosexuals but with like, an extra category, but to me the change happened because I started thinking about attraction to others in a categorically different fashion, and that same categorical shift has continued over time and produced things like being less posessive as well. So from a personal perspective I am finding myself filing bisexuality as being possibly a different kind of thing from any of the other sexualities, and that tracks with a couple of the exlusively gay people I've spoken to about it as well, they all thought it was odd that it could just... not matter to you what presentation or bits someone comes with.

I dunno, maybe there are people out there who don't work like that the idea of bi people having conniptions about gender being mutable and a spectrum of performance just seems especially absurd to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I dunno if any of the Praxiscast crew still read the thread but I wanted to say that the opening monologue in the most recent episode is :discourse: