Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVhA75GFnq8

Anime game where all the girls are legal but psycho nurses.

I guess this is probably cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVhA75GFnq8

Anime game where all the girls are legal but psycho nurses.

I guess this is probably cheating.

How many hours have you put in so far?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Why'd you do that Yaldabaoth, now goons will fall over themselves to find some really cursed anime!
You goonsir are lacking in good judgement.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
In the anime world all women's clothing have tubes built into the chest area so that boobs can be completely encased in fabric.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

How many hours have you put in so far?

Seriously, though. I was browsing that channel for info on a different game and saw this review.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxogrP6OaTs

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Phanatic posted:

This is insane. It doesn't bear the faintest resemblance to reality. Trichinosis, for example, simply does not exist in US industrial meat production. There are maybe a dozen cases a year in the entire United States and they all come from eating game, typically feral pigs or bear, not from industrial pork.
i wouldn't call it insane. i work in the meat industry and i can't tell you much about trichinosis because we no longer do pork, but e coli and salmonella are a real concern. ground raw meat will go into containers that hold 2000lbs at a time and those are tested by taking core samples which are a tiny portion of the overall product, so false negatives can happen. a positive test means the meat has to be cooked (or sold to a cooker)

ground meat needs to be cooked all the way through to be safe. for something cut out of a primal just searing it should be good enough

that said, i like my burgers medium

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Although USDA implements a “zero tolerance” policy for fecal contamination, this policy only applies to visible fecal contamination. Chicken products pass inspection as long as feces are not visible to the naked eye.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sweet, maybe I can get a bonus if I don't wear my glasses in to work

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
And what of the threat of pee-pee, which is virtually invisible to the naked eye?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

My fav of a similar nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvjVIwFE5Cc

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

"I was riding down by the river and I hit a patch of black ice. Busted myself up really good. Anyway, do you think you could come and pick me up? My bike is all hosed up and I'm not in great shape myself. I'm not sure I can make it home like this"

"I hope no one paints an image of me looking like this on a studded ceramic butt plug!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Phanatic posted:

This is insane. It doesn't bear the faintest resemblance to reality. Trichinosis, for example, simply does not exist in US industrial meat production. There are maybe a dozen cases a year in the entire United States and they all come from eating game, typically feral pigs or bear, not from industrial pork.

Before indulging your compulsion to always be condescendingly contrarian(and usually wrong) about every loving thing in existence, have you considered that people now almost universally cook pork properly and that that might be one of the reasons trichinosis cases have been declining? That these numbers do not reflect the risk when consuming it raw?

I seriously don't care about this stupid derail. Take it up with the CDC. They warn about eating raw meat and call it dangerous. Go annoy them and let's spare this poor thread with this poo poo. Now get your final reply zinger in and let's move on.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

butt dickus posted:

ground meat needs to be cooked all the way through to be safe.

Ground beef that's ground at a packing plant from scraps? Sure

Beef that's ground from cuts by yourself or your butcher? Good ground beef in other words?

GABA ghoul posted:

Before indulging your compulsion to always be condescendingly contrarian(and usually wrong) about every loving thing in existence, have you considered that people now almost universally cook pork properly and that that might be one of the reasons trichinosis cases have been declining? That these numbers do not reflect the risk when consuming it raw?

The CDC dropped the recommended temperature for pork from 160 to 145 specifically because trichinella does not exist in the food supply. It only exists in the wild. Which is why the incredibly few cases of it come from wild game.

quote:

I seriously don't care about this stupid derail. Take it up with the CDC. They warn about eating raw meat and call it dangerous.

The same CDC who tells you that you need to do that also tells you that if you're older than 50 and you eat sliced cured meats you need to heat them to 165F first because of listeria. Does literally anyone in the entire world do that to their prosciutto or their hoagies? No, and it's *really safe* to not do so.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Beef that's ground from cuts by yourself or your butcher? Good ground beef in other words?
what does it matter who does the grinding? if the outer surface is contaminated then grinding just spreads it throughout. e.coli is everywhere, there's nothing special about a butcher shop. commercial meat facilities have to take great care because recalls are costly and i would imagine they have stricter HACCP plans than small shops

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Phanatic posted:

Ground beef that's ground at a packing plant from scraps? Sure

The CDC dropped the recommended temperature for pork from 160 to 145 specifically because trichinella does not exist in the food supply. It only exists in the wild. Which is why the incredibly few cases of it come from wild game.

The same CDC who tells you that you need to do that also tells you that if you're older than 50 and you eat sliced cured meats you need to heat them to 165F first because of listeria. Does literally anyone in the entire world do that to their prosciutto or their hoagies? No, and it's *really safe* to not do so.

Is this why you call yourself Phanatic? Because you're really fanatic about american beef?

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

The sea shall rise again :rolleyes:

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Don't tread water on me

Okay, that's all I got

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darling it's better
Down where it's whiter
Take it from me

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

also got some good avatar/content symmetry here

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Shut up about meat safety. Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RareOats/status/1570538793626902528

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

butt dickus posted:

what does it matter who does the grinding?

Because in a meat packing plant you're talking about scraps from hundreds of different cows being turned into a batch of ground beef that gets portioned out and wrapped up, any contamination in *any* of that will spread through all the meat in the batch. If you buy a piece of chuck to make burgers out of, the odds of that piece of beef being contaminated are a lot lower than the chance that none of the scraps that wound up in your pound of ground beef from the plant were.

Ideally we'd just irradiate the stuff and make it safe but nobody wants to buy anything marked "Irradiated for your safety!" so it's not typically done.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

I like that at the center of the labyrinth is a terlet.

A House of Leavings.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Nice, a Toynbeef tile.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
don't quote yalfabath

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

While still cursed, the actual house does have a way through the living room into the hall. Access to three of the bedrooms is not actually achieved via the bathroom.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Shut up about meat safety. Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

"We enslave darkies here too"

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Because in a meat packing plant you're talking about scraps from hundreds of different cows being turned into a batch of ground beef that gets portioned out and wrapped up, any contamination in *any* of that will spread through all the meat in the batch.
"hundreds" is a gross exaggeration, and even if it wasn't, the contamination typically doesn't come from the meat itself. it happens with improper handling and cleaning which is more likely in a home environment than one that is cleaned and inspected regularly. i assume you do not have a background in FSQR (neither do i but i have to know some of it because of my job)

since i haven't been adding any images, this is a hide puller

at this point in the process, the cattle have already been knocked, are hanging from a trolley by one leg and have had their hides slit down the belly and legs. at a smaller facility, they use something like the one in this picture and someone has to connect the chains to the hide so the roller can pull it off. this process takes a minute or two and is way too slow for a plant that processes thousands of head per day. the ones i've seen in person have a spiked roller that's rotating all the time and when the carcasses come by it rips the hide off in one piece like a magician pulling a tablecloth out from under a table setting. there is a big plexiglas shield to catch the blood splatter. seconds later, the next one comes by. i'm pretty sure everyone who sees it in person imagines what it would do to their skin

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erv5PjB2ZqA

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

This one is pure terror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qjOlDITFPQ

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Nice, a Toynbeef tile.

:hmmyes:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

butt dickus posted:

"hundreds" is a gross exaggeration, and even if it wasn't, the contamination typically doesn't come from the meat itself. it happens with improper handling and cleaning which is more likely in a home environment than one that is cleaned and inspected regularly. i assume you do not have a background in FSQR (neither do i but i have to know some of it because of my job)

since i haven't been adding any images, this is a hide puller

at this point in the process, the cattle have already been knocked, are hanging from a trolley by one leg and have had their hides slit down the belly and legs. at a smaller facility, they use something like the one in this picture and someone has to connect the chains to the hide so the roller can pull it off. this process takes a minute or two and is way too slow for a plant that processes thousands of head per day. the ones i've seen in person have a spiked roller that's rotating all the time and when the carcasses come by it rips the hide off in one piece like a magician pulling a tablecloth out from under a table setting. there is a big plexiglas shield to catch the blood splatter. seconds later, the next one comes by. i'm pretty sure everyone who sees it in person imagines what it would do to their skin

I would 100% come to work dressed like a cenobite at least once if I ran this machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:nws::nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 17, 2022