Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Glad everyone in the queue is having a miserable time hope it rains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
The robotic arm Quin is fine but Islam managed to perfect the art years ago: the Jamarat Bridge is designed for crowd flow of 500,000 people an hour with no robots or moving walkways involved.

Admittedly large numbers of people have traditionally died on that part of the Hajj, but these would be Monarchists so I don't really forsee any massive loss.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the pound is the weakest and inflation is the highest its ever been in my life. what a time to be alive

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

darkwasthenight posted:

The robotic arm Quin is fine but Islam managed to perfect the art years ago: the Jamarat Bridge is designed for crowd flow of 500,000 people an hour with no robots or moving walkways involved.

Admittedly large numbers of people have traditionally died on that part of the Hajj, but these would be Monarchists so I don't really forsee any massive loss.

You got to include ritual stoning of the anti-semite Joremy Crobyn in the royal pilgrimage itinerary.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Breaking news: King Charles has just snubbed the future queen of Denmark, a native daughter of Australia and heir to a proud Scottish maritime legacy, uninviting her from the funeral.

darkwasthenight posted:

I mean, as has already been pointed out, it would be far more efficient to move the coffin than the crowd. The queue is like what, 4 miles long? Split that in two by placing people on both sides of a road, and you're left with 2 miles of mourners. Even someone moving her in a wheelbarrow could clear that in an hour. Obviously more people might show up if you did this, but that would easily be solved by having the coffin just do loops around like Hyde Park or something.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Could they use a swarm of consumer drones to hover the coffin slowly along the queue?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

kecske posted:

the pound is the weakest and inflation is the highest its ever been in my life. what a time to be alive

Still , no matter, at least we’re making ourselves a global laughing stock with a humiliating display of mass bootlicking

deano
Sep 6, 2000

kecske posted:

I have a growing dread that this is going to be used as a shield for the utter shambles yet to come.

Don’t talk Britain down we are a great nation remember the queen etc etc

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

keep punching joe posted:

Glad everyone in the queue is having a miserable time hope it rains.

:yeah:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
A goon friends mum is there. I hope she's ok.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
They should cremate her and sell off the ashes and bone fragments as relics.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Catholic Church already figured out how to one up that, you just rub one of her bones on a bit of cloth and then hole punch circles out of the cloth.

Some people say that's not really a relic, but it's better than the previous situation where there were enough fragments of the True Cross to make a house, Jesus was crucified using 1,500 nails, and St Peter had six legs.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I always liked the question 'If the stuff that was used to kill Jesus is still around these days, where are all the carpentry things he made.'

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

I always liked the question 'If the stuff that was used to kill Jesus is still around these days, where are all the carpentry things he made.'

I guess you could claim the blood preserves stuff, not much of an extra leap if you believe in the other mad poo poo.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
how many days until The Queue gets an scp page?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

I guess you could claim the blood preserves stuff, not much of an extra leap if you believe in the other mad poo poo.

The Wonky Spice Rack of ClonTibret.
Grade 2 Wonder.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's only 19.5 hours now, so a good time to join the queue

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

happyhippy posted:

The word in the Bible used to describe Jesus was "tekton" which is probably better translated builder than carpenter. Nearly nothing round there was made of wood because there weren't many decent trees.

Basically he was a brickie - fair play to him.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Cooking up a contrived "hollow plinth" theory about how they're keeping the Queen safe while she's nominally on display. Think the earthquake bed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Zalakwe posted:

The word in the Bible used to describe Jesus was "tekton" which is probably better translated builder than carpenter. Nearly nothing round there was made of wood because there weren't many decent trees.

Basically he was a brickie - fair play to him.

Then what did they nail him to?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

josh04 posted:

Cooking up a contrived "hollow plinth" theory about how they're keeping the Queen safe while she's nominally on display. Think the earthquake bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8I7O4JJ1ko

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That's the ticket.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Gonzo McFee posted:

Then what did they nail him to?

Another mistranslation

He was mortyred for our sins.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

mossyfisk posted:

Another mistranslation

gently caress that's good

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
this whole sordid thing has made me think about volunteering some of my time once in a while to attend the funerals of people who die without anyone around who gives a poo poo about them, i mean so long as it's not a rose west or anything

anyone know where to start?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

crispix posted:

this whole sordid thing has made me think about volunteering some of my time once in a while to attend the funerals of people who die without anyone around who gives a poo poo about them, i mean so long as it's not a rose west or anything

anyone know where to start?

Could contact local funeral directors and they could probably point you in the right direction if not them themselves.
I think local councils might be responsible for arranging funerals for those with no relatives or friends to do it.
Actually I have a friend who does funerals (non religious ones) she may know. I'll ask her if you like. Just remembered I have another friend who does the same.
But you're in Northern Ireland right? Maybe it's different over there.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

mossyfisk posted:

Another mistranslation

:discourse:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Could contact local funeral directors and they could probably point you in the right direction if not them themselves.
I think local councils might be responsible for arranging funerals for those with no relatives or friends to do it.
Actually I have a friend who does funerals (non religious ones) she may know. I'll ask her if you like. Just remembered I have another friend who does the same.
But you're in Northern Ireland right? Maybe it's different over there.

nah thanks, that's good advice. i just hope the funeral director appreciates that it's well meaning and not motivated by anything weird

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BBC Scotland were meant to show Pollok vs Huntly Scottish Cup game tonight but apparently didn't have enough outside broadcasting units so just didn't bother. Instead they didn't

Of course, the Beeb do have enough OBUs to go to some English FA Cup Qualifying game. Terrific stuff.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think you mean disgraceful and disrespectful (that football is allowed to exist while the queen is dead (did you know the queen died?))

They should have all learned to play cricket instead.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

crispix posted:

nah thanks, that's good advice. i just hope the funeral director appreciates that it's well meaning and not motivated by anything weird

nah talking shite as usual. I'd recommend you stay a long way away from anyone in mourning.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

forkboy84 posted:

BBC Scotland were meant to show Pollok vs Huntly Scottish Cup game tonight but apparently didn't have enough outside broadcasting units so just didn't bother. Instead they didn't

Of course, the Beeb do have enough OBUs to go to some English FA Cup Qualifying game. Terrific stuff.

is that shinty

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'd recommend you stay a long way away from anyone in mourning.
If he's planning to help out at unattended burial services that sounds like exactly what he'd be doing.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

is that the game they had moved to be on tv so that people from huntly are travelling to Pollok for a 7:30-8 kick off, and then pulled out of?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

If he's planning to help out at unattended burial services that sounds like exactly what he'd be doing.

I suppose so. Ideal for everyone involved.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alan G posted:

is that the game they had moved to be on tv so that people from huntly are travelling to Pollok for a 7:30-8 kick off, and then pulled out of?

Yes. It rules. "Go from Huntly to Glasgow on Friday coz your game is on the telly, oh wait no, Queen died but it's too little notice to move the game to Saturday afternoon. Huntly players are part-time, they'll have had to take the day off work for this nonsense.

How many OBUs does one death need?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

crispix posted:

is that shinty

Please, Pollok is Glasgow and Huntly is Aberdeenshire, these are not shinty country. It's the ultimate in sport, nom-league Scottish football.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
nom-league? in my day we had the munch bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :newlol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'm really worried that i've still not seen a ladybird since i realised i hadn't seen a ladybird in years a fair while ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

smellmycheese posted:

All the cafes and bars along the southbank are opening 24/7 as an act of remembrance*

*fleecing the poo poo out of morons with £8.99 lattes and no you can’t use the bogs unless you buy one

nation of shopkeepers very respectful