Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
This judge has a god drat iron will and the temperance of schoolteacher. She's doing her best to try and keep the courtroom activity in decorum. But good loving god, every single thing Norm has said that's been picked up on the microphone here is TERRIBLE and should never gotten past that first loving day.

Don't argue with the judge: you will lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Confusedslight posted:

So glad we get to hear this.

:69snypa:

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Lunch!

Which is a weird word and you can go down a rabbit hole on wikipedia about eating habits. anyway.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Faust IX posted:

This judge has a god drat iron will and the temperance of schoolteacher. She's doing her best to try and keep the courtroom activity in decorum. But good loving god, every single thing Norm has said that's been picked up on the microphone here is TERRIBLE and should never gotten past that first loving day.

Don't argue with the judge: you will lose.

especially if you're interrupting her to argue your points

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The TX case seemed to go a lot smoother than this one has been. I think that's mostly because Pattis is a full-on Info Warrior but also the Judge in TX was a bit more willing to let some things slide that this judge wouldn't and Mattei is not quite as sharp as our TX lawyer friends. Interesting that showing full unedited videos seems to be the defense strategy in both cases. Almost like that is coming down from Jones. They really think pilling the jury is their best bet.

edit: and note I mean the actual trial stuff while the jury is in the room. the tx case had plenty of shenanigans of course.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Judge should default the payout to "everything".

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
On the last day of the trial the judge quits her profession. Her last words were caught on mike "gently caress this".

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 16, 2022

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Yeah I've been less than impressed with Mattei questioning Paz, a substantial portion was focused on Google Analytics and not how lacking her claimed investigation was. That was a witness willing to expand past the scope of questions despite being a lawyer and the first thing they did on the stand was say that Free Speech Systems and InfoWars was used interchangeably without being asked about it. Plenty of space to get her to talk through how she did her role and use that later to drill into specific questions then focus back on where her knowledge came from.

For a damages portion of the trial we barely covered the financials in actuality, and it took Pattis coming up for him to offer there's 60-80 employees in a card-access building with physically separate admin and media departments. Something he thinks is good for his case, somehow...

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

goatface posted:

Judge should default the payout to "everything".

I know it's not a new reference, but "$Texas" really should be a potential payout.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
We're back, and Norm is trying to ask the judge to Reconsider the case? Did I hear that right?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Faust IX posted:

We're back, and Norm is trying to ask the judge to Reconsider the case? Did I hear that right?

Before lunch:

Pattis: I want to show the Megan Kelly video in full

Mattei: I object

Judge: I'll watch it over lunch

After lunch:

Judge: Sustain the objection [can't show full video]

Pattis: [more bullshit]

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
And now a Motion for Mistrial, with the added benefit of him saying "I know it will probably be ignored."

This is going to be a fun trial.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh he thinks he'll be successful on appeal huh

Edit: Also he keeps trying to relitigate on the fact that there was a default judgement as well

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
youtube chat is thinking pattis is doing great lol

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Stefan Prodan posted:

youtube chat is thinking pattis is doing great lol

YouTube chat also does not understand that Jones has already been found at fault and that this isn't actually a trial

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hope Law & Crime is at least making bank from being in Subscriber Only Mode with these Jones viewers insisting on subbing to yell about FREE SPEECH

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
He's still trying to show the Kelly interview. He's been shut down 3 times already.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

B-Rock452 posted:

YouTube chat also does not understand that Jones has already been found at fault and that this isn't actually a trial

Yeah this part has been great.

Edit: The only reason to read the chat

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Squatch Ambassador posted:

He's still trying to show the Kelly interview. He's been shut down 3 times already.

He's definitely trying to do an end around the fact that Jones has already had the judgement placed against him. Trying to make this out to be political so at least one juror asks for no money

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Tree Dude posted:

I hope Law & Crime is at least making bank from being in Subscriber Only Mode with these Jones viewers insisting on subbing to yell about FREE SPEECH

They're occasionally rolling ads too, which tbh feels pretty weird.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
What's Pattis strategy here? It's good for them that their corporate rep only spoke to Alex for 90 minutes or less and that Alex is easily distracted?

e: I suppose they're just trying to make her answers to the plaintiffs less impactful because she clearly doesn't know anything about Info Wars/FSS

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 16, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

B-Rock452 posted:

He's definitely trying to do an end around the fact that Jones has already had the judgement placed against him. Trying to make this out to be political so at least one juror asks for no money

That didn’t even work in Texas so good luck here

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Tree Dude posted:

What's Pattis strategy here? It's good for them that their corporate rep only spoke to Alex for 90 minutes or less and that Alex is easily distracted?

He is trying to show that Jones is a true believer and show that this is all a political hit job by the deep state to silence him

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Tree Dude posted:

Seems at least a few people are confused about this as well

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1570845519865606145

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
"The reason you said IW didn't use Google analytics was because we didn't tell you, isn't that true?

I am very smart."

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
This line of questioning is baffling. I can’t imagine how any of the answers she may give to these questions would be helpful.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

teen witch posted:

I hope Judge Gamble is having a massive glass of wine rn like “girl, I know, the gently caress”

I legitimately love that it's been women judges, like women have too much to put up with and things to do and these two judges are the epitome of "I don't have time for this poo poo, you're grounded, dumbass, and don't make that face at me, even when you're turned around"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

B-Rock452 posted:

I believe terminology wise it is still technically a trial but I get what you're saying and that is true haha

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Judge just called the jury out so they can argue about Hillary Clinton again. Lol

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

We will never escape 2016. This trial is our hell

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
The judge staring down the barrel of 3 more weeks of this.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

"I want the court to take judicial notice that Donald Trump was elected president in 2016. "

Thanks Norm

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
This poor judge is going to be dead from alcohol poisoning trying to drink herself out of this horrible insane nightmare of a trial. This is painful to defend, and he should be held in contempt of court for what he just did, but he's already done the damage by getting that sentence out for the jury to hear.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Again this is only day four..

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

This line of questioning is baffling. I can’t imagine how any of the answers she may give to these questions would be helpful.

My impression is that they’re trying to walk a very fine line where they insist that Paz is a fully competent corporate representative, presented in good faith exactly like the court demanded, but - due to a series of mishaps! - nothing that she says ‘really counts’.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Did I hear before the lunch break that the attorneys agreed on something that would allow this trial to finish quicker than a month?

Even if I did hear that correctly I'm guessing with the number of sidebars and having to ask the jury to leave frequently it'll extend things.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1570849841437356033?s=46&t=7NXQBmVIokyhywUqQjQHwQ

This is on my mind also. Is it relevant to the case? As she says, the 2016 election likely did increase Infowars traffic, and that is relevant to their analytics. In response the defense should reiterate the immediate jump and against the overall trend.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Did...did he ask if people at Infowars knew how to write?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
https://imgur.com/a/3m6GcwI

Borscht fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
"All of their names?"

This is why you don't ask a question you don't know the answer and follow-through question.