Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

This time around, General Sherman's going to have to march to the sea first and then take Atlantica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

drat computers taking jobs away from hard working perverts.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 17, 2022

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Look, that was very subtle and abstract, but still, spoiler and tag even an old friend like that.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ultrafilter posted:

:nws::nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this is art

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

I looked at this, looked at the probation message, looked at this again for an absurdly long time, and couldn't understand what was cursed or :nws: about it.

Then I saw it quoted in another reply as a thumbnail and it all made sense.

And I absolutely love it. Would frame and put on my wall.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Maybe he saw some of the other stuff I posted in this thread.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'll contribute to meat contamination derail with some home-made cursed images:

The point of cooking meat like chicken to 160-165°F is that harmful microorganisms are killed in <1 minute. This is pasteurization. The fun thing is that you can theoretically get the same result by cooking at a lower temperature for longer.

Back in August I put some chicken thighs in my sous vide at 135°F and let it go for 2 hours.

Mmmm... perfect medium rare chicken, though I admit the texture is not something I'm used to.

Ended up putting it in a salad.

Since I'm posting in September it's evident that I didn't die from this.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ultrafilter posted:

:patriot:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

ultrafilter posted:

It’s perfect.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Android Apocalypse posted:

The point of cooking meat like chicken to 160-165°F is that harmful microorganisms are killed in <1 minute. This is pasteurization. The fun thing is that you can theoretically get the same result by cooking at a lower temperature for longer.

Back in August I put some chicken thighs in my sous vide at 135°F and let it go for 2 hours.

Mmmm... perfect medium rare chicken, though I admit the texture is not something I'm used to.

Perhaps not, but you deserved to.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Ok you have to sit still for a bit while we expose the plate

*click*
*fart*

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I got food poisoning from these pictures.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

:same:

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I'd try it. I wanna try steak tartare

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Steak tartare is delicious. One of the few things I occasionally crave since quitting meat. Raw chicken, on the other hand, is disgusting slime. It must be like eating live slugs.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Best to grind or chop your own meat then, you want to minimise the time ground meat is sitting around.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Child psychiatrists in the area had a revenue spike from this

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GABA ghoul posted:

Child psychiatrists in the area had a revenue spike from this

Back in my day we had to deal with the existential horror of the meat clown every time mom took us grocery shopping, AND WE LIKED IT, and we turned out fine

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BasicLich posted:

Oops looks like a bit of egg shell got in there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

steinrokkan posted:

Back in my day we had to deal with the existential horror of the meat clown every time mom took us grocery shopping, AND WE LIKED IT, and we turned out fine

Guys I'm thinking that Stephen King needs to stop writing while hungry.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Years ago I used to tell one of my kids we were having meat clown for dinner. She eventually called my bluff and I looked everywhere but could not find meat clown

(Turn on your monitor)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Frank Frank posted:

(Turn on your monitor)
oh yeah, there he is.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

BasicLich posted:

I've tried it, it's pretty great and I'd have it again if the option came up. If I could have both on the regular I wouldn't rate it above a nicely cooked rare steak, but you can do a decent steak at home and have it turn out about as well as a restaurant's would, whereas I definitely don't trust myself to make steak tartare properly.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

:cripes: technical food safety =/= food quality

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

But why

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BasicLich posted:

How's this any different from an uncooked hamburger patty?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There are mangos here. Take them or leave them, I don't really care. I have my own poo poo going on. :effort:

Too obsessed with how to ever think about the why

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

How's this any different from an uncooked hamburger patty?

It's 100% ground or chopped steak, rather than a mix of whatever crap is leftover after you've butchered the good bits off the animal.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Whybird posted:

It's 100% ground or chopped steak, rather than a mix of whatever crap is leftover after you've butchered the good bits off the animal.

That makes sense.

Also I got this pic from Random Waffle that's probably the grossest "Salad" I've ever seen:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

GABA ghoul posted:

There are mangos here. Take them or leave them, I don't really care. I have my own poo poo going on. :effort:

Is this person famous in Germany?

The only time I had steak tartare was with my in-laws in Europe and we went to a local restaurant where the meat and eggs were known to be fresh and clean. It was good but not "must have again" good. They also ate it with ketchup which I'm not sure is a standard thing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah you really gotta try it with ranch

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
hey thread look at this

why do they have modelled genitalia?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
God dammit I would not have noticed that unless you specifically pointed it out

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I've had steak tartare once at a restaurant by my house that goes back and forth on having a Michelin star, but is reasonably priced. It was good, the texture was what I was worried about and it was totally fine. It had some sort of mustard-based sauce that was also very good.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

Maybe he saw some of the other stuff I posted in this thread.

Father Jack?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

SuddenCactus posted:

hey thread look at this

why do they have modelled genitalia?

Is it a piss thing? Please be a piss thing.

I cant believe I wrote that out loud.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Send James Cameron to the Haague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.