Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Leo posted:

What brand? I need to replace the cheap aftermarket ones on my e39 M5…

I bought it off a guy on an M3 forum years ago but he has a site up here.

https://angel-eye-guy.myshopify.com/

Apologies in advance for the awful Bitmoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Old cars are good and fun on the tight twisty stuff

Beautiful car. I bet it's fun driving there.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Great shot of your ride there Nitro^^

This popped up near me recently and thought it would be cool to see go to a goon.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/d/chevy-chase-2011-bmw-328i-sport-wagon/7533410659.html

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 14, 2022

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

ThirstyBuck posted:

Great shot of your ride there Nitro^^

This popped up near me recently and thought it would be cool to see go to a goon.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/d/chevy-chase-2011-bmw-328i-sport-wagon/7533410659.html

"The sunroof works great".

Tell me what else you know that you're not letting on :allears:

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I'm gonna do a HPDE with the local CCA chapter in my e91 in November. What is the brake fluid I want?

I just flushed power steering a couple weeks ago, did coolant + water pump/tstat/radiator in April, and I'll do an oil change in a couple weeks. I have new tires and brakes as of late July. I guess I could change the diff and transmission oils?

Anything else?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Got to check out the i7 today in person, we were allowed to do everything with the car except drive it

I must say this car is huge , in a good way. It has the presence of a Rolls when you look at it from afar, this one had the two-tone paint so that really made it seem taller and boxier which I liked

It's of course packed with all the latest tech that BMW has, some of which is really good (the mini-touch screen controls in the rear doors are great), some cool but can't see it sticking around (theatre screen in the back seat, you'd maybe use it once and never bring it down again. It simply takes up too much room and makes the rear cabin seem super cramped when it is anything but), and some things are just silly (crystal inlays on the front seat control buttons, when I sat in the back light reflected off it at the right angle and blinded me on a few occasions)

This being the first all electric, proper chauffeur car people are going to jump in droves from the S-Class.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Isn't the EQS already the electric S class equivalent? The wheelbase is the same as the LWB S class.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Isn't the EQS already the electric S class equivalent? The wheelbase is the same as the LWB S class.

In spirit yes , but you have to hop over the rear wheel well to get into the back seat of the EQS , proper S class lwb and the A8L / 7L the wheel well is behind the passenger door so you just slide into the seat

It’s no match for a proper chauffeur car

We have a 2020 Maybach now and are seriously considering the i7 , that’s how impressive it is in both comfort luxury and features

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Elite Taco posted:

I'm gonna do a HPDE with the local CCA chapter in my e91 in November. What is the brake fluid I want?

I just flushed power steering a couple weeks ago, did coolant + water pump/tstat/radiator in April, and I'll do an oil change in a couple weeks. I have new tires and brakes as of late July. I guess I could change the diff and transmission oils?

Anything else?

You're a beginner on stock brake pads, right? Ate typ200

If you want to splash out - motul 600 or 660

Changing the diff and trans oils won't hurt, especially if they've been in there a while.

Give your suspension a once over and make sure nothing too worn/torn/broken.
Grab a copy of the club's tech sheet and see what else is on there.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Personalized plates finally came in but car won't even get to start in body shop until mid november :smith:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

TheBacon posted:

Personalized plates finally came in but car won't even get to start in body shop until mid november :smith:

“do you have stairs in your house?” but as a license plate, lmfao

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
lowtax is facepalming in hell

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
huh

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

TheBacon posted:

It’s not totaled?! I hope there is some extra insurance money for more cylinders and fender flares.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheBacon posted:

Love it honestly.

I've been sorely tempted to get a SNAZWAGN plate, which is a reference to one of the best miniatures ever sculpted / named :allears:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
if my FiST had been orange I’d have gotten GR8PMKN

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

ThirstyBuck posted:

It’s not totaled?! I hope there is some extra insurance money for more cylinders and fender flares.

Not initially at least, I am still crossing my fingers though.

Sab669 posted:

Love it honestly.

I've been sorely tempted to get a SNAZWAGN plate, which is a reference to one of the best miniatures ever sculpted / named :allears:

Man that mini owns, plate would own, is yours red too?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It could be!

I've been strongly debating wrapping it if I still own it come tax returns next year. Was leaning towards a nice gloss forest green, but I haven't found the right color.

Edit: Just looked over my local wrap shop's page and they turned a plain rear end gray Panamera into something that seems close to Porsche's Mamba Green, which is actually exactly what I want. poo poo :v: seems to be this wrap. But they also make this gloss green that I was first thinking about.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 15, 2022

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Love a green wagon, you have beige/tan/brown interior by chance?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Tragically no :( Boring Black

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I mean personally I like/searched for black with aluminum trim. The saddle brown is real nice though with the dark blues or a green

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I love this color for a wrap: https://inozetekusa.com/collections/all/products/super-gloss-vintage-racing-green

I've been thinking about wrapping my monaco blue on tan in a green like that once I get it resprayed and finish body repairs + replace bumpers

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Blue On Blue posted:

We have a 2020 Maybach now and are seriously considering the i7 , that’s how impressive it is in both comfort luxury and features

ABB7 as I always say. Always be buying 7 series

Apparently BMW is considering a LWB 5 series for China which would :discourse: be the perfect city car. It's hard to understate how adding that extra six inches of cabin space in the dead center of the car improves everything. Like moving from economy to business class

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hadlock posted:

ABB7 as I always say. Always be buying 7 series

Apparently BMW is considering a LWB 5 series for China which would :discourse: be the perfect city car. It's hard to understate how adding that extra six inches of cabin space in the dead center of the car improves everything. Like moving from economy to business class

The only thing to that they need to do is help shift the perspective from

Mercedes = classy , luxury

BMW = speedy , young

Literally that’s what I was told , BMW isn’t as classy as a Mercedes is , I think that’s no longer true and they have been sharing the same class space for many years

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
So I was able to make it 3.5 weeks driving to and from work with no alternator by avoiding the use of all accessories and putting the car on a battery tender every night, experiment was a success

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

rscott posted:

So I was able to make it 3.5 weeks driving to and from work with no alternator by avoiding the use of all accessories and putting the car on a battery tender every night, experiment was a success

Blue On Blue posted:

I like the contrast of the ultimate driving machine thread.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Blue On Blue posted:

BMW = speedy , young

Literally that’s what I was told , BMW isn’t as classy as a Mercedes is , I think that’s no longer true and they have been sharing the same class space for many years

They're exactly the same now (branding aside) except BMW's "entry-level" $55k cars IMO are much better than their Mercedes equivilents. At the high end, I'd argue BMW is currently better and that new 7 series looks way better than the current S class.

It doesn't hurt that BMWs electric models don't look like bars of soap.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

kronix posted:

They're exactly the same now (branding aside) except BMW's "entry-level" $55k cars IMO are much better than their Mercedes equivilents. At the high end, I'd argue BMW is currently better and that new 7 series looks way better than the current S class.

It doesn't hurt that BMWs electric models don't look like bars of soap.

i agree, but people who aren't into cars only know what

-they are told by others

-what they knew growing up from memory

-marketing

for people my age (40's) , mercedes was for rich grandparents and lawyers driving to play golf, that was my experience with cars

bmw was for stock brokers

as i got older mercedes moved into rapper territory, and bmw into backwards hat douchebag territory

having now had the opportunity to own and drive both brands at various ends of the price spectrum, i can say people are stupid and you're as likely to see a 20 year old driving an S63 as anyone else

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Blue On Blue posted:

BMW = speedy , young

Yeah my father in law who was not born in the US, is very disappointed we don't drive a Mercedes. Mercedes is a very important brand with a lot of significance attached to it, for a lot of people, mostly based on historical significance. Our BMW might as well be an Audi or be phaeton for all he cares

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I drive an e91.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Well BMW Goons, today I made a terrible financial decision and became one of you. I just got what I think is a decent deal on a 135i convertible with a 6-speed.

I'm sure eventually I will catch up on chassis and engine codes, but drat if this isn't the best loving car.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 17, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Anyone have one of those white leather interiors? Trying to figure how hard they are to keep clean. We're usually pretty soft on our interiors. No kids or dogs, if that matters.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Anyone have one of those white leather interiors? Trying to figure how hard they are to keep clean. We're usually pretty soft on our interiors. No kids or dogs, if that matters.

The leather on my Aston is light tan and it's not super hard to KEEP clean but it's hard to GET clean if it gets dirty because water will just ruin it and then you have to get it treated again and it's a pain in the rear end. On the other hand, the bright blue interior in the BMW is pretty drat resilient so who knows if that's just a :britain: cars thing

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
You guys are too young to remember how horribly most other cars drove like, especially the handling, except BMW's.

I learned how to drive in a 68 Impala

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Gangringo posted:

Well BMW Goons, today I made a terrible financial decision and became one of you. I just got what I think is a decent deal on a 135i convertible with a 6-speed.

I'm sure eventually I will catch up on chassis and engine codes, but drat if this isn't the best loving car.

E8x are great, what year and how many miles? I love mine when something isn't breaking every 3 or 4 months

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

rscott posted:

E8x are great, what year and how many miles? I love mine when something isn't breaking every 3 or 4 months

2012, 57k.

I was on the list for a GR Corolla when I realized I live right next to work in a very walkable and bicycle friendly area and I don't need a new reliable car with a warranty for a commute anymore. I can buy a car I love unconditionally for half the price of a new one that has compromises and if my mechanic needs a week to sort out the VANOS or some electrical gremlin it doesn't really affect my day to day life.

I did Valet parking at a pretty fancy restaurant about a decade ago and that experience made me promise myself that I would have a BMW someday because I find their intersection of performance and luxury perfect.

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 17, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gangringo posted:

I did Valet parking at a pretty fancy restaurant about a decade ago and that experience made me promise myself that I would have a BMW someday because I find their intersection of performance and luxury perfect.

Just wait until you see what Porsche’s been doing

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

Just wait until you see what Porsche’s been doing

Oh I am well aware. I was cross shopping E88s with Carrera Cabriolets, but my desire to have a dog and have a place for the dog, wearing doggles and a scarf while having room for another human won out.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

KillHour posted:

The leather on my Aston is light tan and it's not super hard to KEEP clean but it's hard to GET clean if it gets dirty because water will just ruin it and then you have to get it treated again and it's a pain in the rear end. On the other hand, the bright blue interior in the BMW is pretty drat resilient so who knows if that's just a :britain: cars thing

Thanks for this. Just so sick of the black interiors. Maybe something a bit more towards brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

Thanks for this. Just so sick of the black interiors. Maybe something a bit more towards brown.

Have had the white upholstery before , and don’t wear blue jeans on it

I’m sure there is a protection spray that might help, but even after less than a year I could see the slightest bit of blue showing up on the bolsters

And where my arm rested on the door it would always be a darker area